The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:43 PM
myrrhman's Avatar
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
Well, since trading with one's self is possible with the real games, I'll let it slide with emulators as well- but not with the same game. If I have 1 DS and 1 White, I can't trade with myself. So 2 copies are needed to trade with oneself. I'll allow it since you did that, with Red and Silver. Once I get the chance, I'll view it and post it as well
The thing with emulators is, you actually have infinite of all of them. You just have to make a copy of the game first. So like, I could say "hmm, I want to trade Silver with Silver.", copy the rom and the emulator, and then start each game. Its the same thing as buying 2 gameboys and 2 Pokemon SIlver versions. There is nothing in the code of the cartridge that makes it incompatible with cartridges with the same name.
Reply With Quote
  #52    
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmorale View Post
Is it necessary to have a video of the battles? Or would a picture of the "Congratulations!" part suffice?
Picture, video, or descrpition. I just want to know your telling the truth. If your dong it the recommended way, which is without an emulator, you can only do the description, unless you use a camera. So a videa is not required for validation. In the notes, you are asked to be honest. So, a degree of trust is given

@ Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Okay, grats! But I'm going to need more details, haha. Please fill out the form correctly, thanks!

@ myrrhman
I'm aware of this, I just didnt communicate my rhoughts clearly it appears. But yes, you are included. Once I get the chance, you'll be registered.
Reply With Quote
  #53    
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
blackmorale's Avatar
blackmorale
風の行方
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE Asia
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Off to train now~
__________________



Platinum FC: 0432 7933 2733
SS FC: 1936 6025 7297
Trade thread


I claimed these Pokémon:


Sprites: Bulbapedia

Reply With Quote
  #54    
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM
WolfsbaneCharm52's Avatar
WolfsbaneCharm52
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Why are you so uptight about the no emulators thing? It's literally pointless, it's like you're being one of those people who hate all pokemon after the first generation, except that you hate that they're playing a different way. And if you hack in a pokemon at level 5, why does it become ineligible? These tight rules are really set up to just draw people away from your challenge because you're making it difficult.
Reply With Quote
  #55    
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Why are you so uptight about the no emulators thing? It's literally pointless, it's like you're being one of those people who hate all pokemon after the first generation, except that you hate that they're playing a different way. And if you hack in a pokemon at level 5, why does it become ineligible? These tight rules are really set up to just draw people away from your challenge because you're making it difficult.
I'm inclined to agree, honestly. I didn't want to have to intervene here as I thought maybe talking with other members and getting their opinions would change your mind, but this challenge is way too restricting. If this is an end of the game challenge, why is it SO important that things aren't hacked into the game? Why do you even care that much? Some people have no choice but to use emulators, and some don't know or don't have the time to do the emulator trading, so they hack in trade evolution Pokemon or version exclusives. But I just don't understand the purpose of this being so strict, and it's a big turn off. I've actually had other people complain to me about this challenge, and I kind of feel like now I shouldn't have approved it. Please lessen the reigns on this, or I'll lock it. I like to keep my challenges within their bounds too, but I'm not this uptight about it.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #56    
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
*watched*
Okay, your now registered! Well done, you slaughtered them Then again, it was 80 vs 40-50, haha.
(P.S. I didn't know that on Gen. II, without speed boost is was that slow... It's been a while since I've played Gen. II. From here on, I'll allow speed enhancing, it'll just be "not preferred".)

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsbaneCharm52 View Post
Why are you so uptight about the no emulators thing? It's literally pointless, it's like you're being one of those people who hate all pokemon after the first generation, except that you hate that they're playing a different way. And if you hack in a pokemon at level 5, why does it become ineligible? These tight rules are really set up to just draw people away from your challenge because you're making it difficult.
I do not like emulators because they aren't official. They aren't the actual game. They are a copy. Just how an origianl painting is of more value than a [exact] copy, along with other things. I'm aware emulators are, for the most part, the game put through a copy machine. But the original, official games are of course preffered. This is why.
However, because some of the official games are no longer in production, I allow them. They just aren't preffered.

As for hacking: "A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data." That's why. If someone is allowed to hack Pokemon into the game, then why don't we go on and hack different Pokemon into the Elite Four? They should too get other Generations. In fact, let's just re-hack everything! Different types for the Elite Four and Gyms! Re-do all the trainers! New citys anyone? (Note: this was obviously exaggerated.)
If you open the door to hacking, how is it fair that you, me, or anyone else gets to decide how far. If you can hack Pokemon, then why not TMs? Or trainers? Or items?
The game wasn't designed that way. The Elite Four wasn't designed with any Pokemon besides the one's that can be legitly obtained in mind. So it wouldn't be equal/fair, if we got new Pokemon but they didn't. We all know that one's experiance throughout the game will differ depending on their starter, or any other Pokemon as well.
Nothing personal

---------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

I'm inclined to agree, honestly. I didn't want to have to intervene here as I thought maybe talking with other members and getting their opinions would change your mind, but this challenge is way too restricting. If this is an end of the game challenge, why is it SO important that things aren't hacked into the game? Why do you even care that much? Some people have no choice but to use emulators, and some don't know or don't have the time to do the emulator trading, so they hack in trade evolution Pokemon or version exclusives. But I just don't understand the purpose of this being so strict, and it's a big turn off. I've actually had other people complain to me about this challenge, and I kind of feel like now I shouldn't have approved it. Please lessen the reigns on this, or I'll lock it. I like to keep my challenges within their bounds too, but I'm not this uptight about it.
The reason that hacked Pokemon aren't allowed is because the Elite Four doesn't have access to Pokemon from other regions and areas. They are designed to battle the Pokemon of that region. Hacking is something the developers put in the games for a reason.
I care because I want everyone to be on equal grounds. People who can hack in Pokemon have an advantage.
It's understandable the people may only have access to emulators. That's one reason why it's allowed (just not preffered). But one doesn't need to have a certain Pokemon to do it with, when that region has another 100 Pokemon available. I prefer for this challenge to be as close to the official games as we can. You don't need a Rayquaza on your FireRed to beat the Elite 4. There are plenty of other, legal, non-hacking options.
I'm really not trying to be strict. As I said earlier, I hate being the bad guy. Honostly, it sucks- for them as well as me. I suppose the developers were strict when they made these games as well, not allowing people access to all Pokemon. But, because of Public request, I'll make changes:
Quote:
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Gameplay[/COLOR][/COLOR] cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are most definantly not prefered and highly discouraged.) Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
Is now
Quote:
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Gameplay[/COLOR][/COLOR] cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. requested to not be used. Emulators are also not preffered, but are allowed. Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
Is this better?
I really, really would not like to open the window to allowing hacked Pokemon. But, you are a Moderator. At your request, I'll open up a new section for hacked-in Pokemon.
I apologize for making this challenge seem unapealing and strict.
Reply With Quote
  #57    
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Names: Gimmepie and Loc
Pokemon Used: Spiritomb
Level: 100
Moves: Dark Pulse, Psychic, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball
League: Unova
Items Used: Yes
Ghost: Was hugely easy just Dark Pulsed everything...
Dark: Harder than Ghost... Bisharp nearly killed me because I didn't have any effective moves.
Psychic: No problems with reuniclus, sigilyph, musharna or gothitelle. Hard to beat Metagross and Bronzong because of them being part steal.
Fight: Murdered everything with psychic.
Alder: I am never doing this again. Alder was heaos hard to beat because my moves were not very effective on his hole team. I hate his volcarona with a passion and am glad for Giga Impact... I had like 10 HP left at most.

Might try with some other pokemon later... maybe butterfree that could be fun.
Reply With Quote
  #58    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Names: Gimmepie and Loc
Pokemon Used: Spiritomb
Level: 100
Moves: Dark Pulse, Psychic, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball
League: Unova
Items Used: Yes
Ghost: Was hugely easy just Dark Pulsed everything...
Dark: Harder than Ghost... Bisharp nearly killed me because I didn't have any effective moves.
Psychic: No problems with reuniclus, sigilyph, musharna or gothitelle. Hard to beat Metagross and Bronzong because of them being part steal.
Fight: Murdered everything with psychic.
Alder: I am never doing this again. Alder was heaos hard to beat because my moves were not very effective on his hole team. I hate his volcarona with a passion and am glad for Giga Impact... I had like 10 HP left at most.

Might try with some other pokemon later... maybe butterfree that could be fun.
Haha, alright! Nice. Your the 1st Unvoa! LOL @ Alder though. But before I sign you up, what game is it?
Reply With Quote
  #59    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Jobrjo you said something that is about copying ,that a copied painting is worse than the original. But that is not true. A copied painting is the exact same as the original, with the exception of it being copied.

You listen to songs yes? Well every single song you listen to is copied. It is copied from the original first ever track recorded, the production artists then copy it to CDs for people to buy or to download. Does that mean the quality decreases? NO.
__________________

IGN: Adam
Reply With Quote
  #60    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Opera Ghost View Post
Jobrjo you said something that is about copying ,that a copied painting is worse than the original. But that is not true. A copied painting is the exact same as the original, with the exception of it being copied.

You listen to songs yes? Well every single song you listen to is copied. It is copied from the original first ever track recorded, the production artists then copy it to CDs for people to buy or to download. Does that mean the quality decreases? NO.
1st if all, let's not argue. W can talk this over nicely, I'm sure.
And your right (to an extent). That's why I allow them to be used, because they are copies. But, hacking in other things (Pokemon, TMs, etc.) is not the same as the origianl. It is different. That's why hacked Pokemon, emulator or not, aren't allowed. Because that is not the same.
Reply With Quote
  #61    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
Wow... that's amazing, haha. May I ask, what was your Pidgey moves? That's very, very impressive.
Also, as I said, only the 2nd time counts. So Shinx will not be entered, sorry. But still, your Pidgey feat is rather amazing :O
Congragulations!
Haha! I appreciate the compliment, but it really isn't all that amazing compared to what others have accomplished during solo runs. As for your question, it was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure Pidgey's moves were as follows:

- Air Slash
- Double Team
- Featherdance
- U-turn
Reply With Quote
  #62    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
The reason that hacked Pokemon aren't allowed is because the Elite Four doesn't have access to Pokemon from other regions and areas. They are designed to battle the Pokemon of that region. Hacking is something the developers put in the games for a reason.
I care because I want everyone to be on equal grounds. People who can hack in Pokemon have an advantage.
It's understandable the people may only have access to emulators. That's one reason why it's allowed (just not preffered). But one doesn't need to have a certain Pokemon to do it with, when that region has another 100 Pokemon available. I prefer for this challenge to be as close to the official games as we can. You don't need a Rayquaza on your FireRed to beat the Elite 4. There are plenty of other, legal, non-hacking options.
I'm really not trying to be strict. As I said earlier, I hate being the bad guy. Honostly, it sucks- for them as well as me. I suppose the developers were strict when they made these games as well, not allowing people access to all Pokemon. But, because of Public request, I'll make changes
I understand that, but as long as a Pokemon isn't hacked in with insane stats, invalid abilities, etc I don't see the need to be that strict on it. I'm not a fan of hacking either, and I have only done one challenge on an emulator, and I've done countless challenges total. But I give emulator players some lee way, as do regular players. I usually allow trading eggs or Pokemon between games, but only at acceptable levels for the current part of the game, and the same applies to emulator players that need to hack something in. Like I said before, this is an end game thing already, so I could understand being more strict if it was a full playthrough, but it's not.

As for your rule change, you didn't really change it much. You just lifted the speed rule slightly, saying it's not recommended. That doesn't really cut it for me.

For now though, I'll allow this to stay. If anyone reading this wants to enter this challenge, just...refrain from using things you can't normally get in your game, I suppose. If I get more complaints about this thread though, or if I see it get derailed, I'll have to lock it. I don't even know why I'm being so generous not locking it now, honestly.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
Reply With Quote
  #63    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:37 AM
WolfsbaneCharm52's Avatar
WolfsbaneCharm52
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
You're being highly elitist by saying that you prefer the physical games because they're the 'original'. In fact, the only way it could be the 'original' is if you were the first person to ever test out the beta of the pokemon games themselves.
Also, the elite four aren't meant to just challenge the pokemon of their region. They're supposed to be the creme of the crop, therefore able to take on almost anything. And it's not like Squirtle is hugely different than totodile anyways. I understand that you're allowing them now, which is better, but a seperate section is a bit ridiculous. If you're trying to compile a dex of every pokemon being used to beat the elite four, you'll never be able to do it without allowing hacked in pokemon, because honestly who's going to perfectly IV breed and EV train a dunsparce and then attempt to make a set that can overtake the Elite four on a pokemon that has almost nothing going for it, and will have no further use after the completion of this challenge?
Reply With Quote
  #64    
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Haha! I appreciate the compliment, but it really isn't all that amazing compared to what others have accomplished during solo runs. As for your question, it was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure Pidgey's moves were as follows:

- Air Slash
- Double Team
- Featherdance
- U-turn
Huh, nice. Anyway, as my 2nd question was, did it level up during the encounter? I'd like to be 100% accurate
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

I understand that, but as long as a Pokemon isn't hacked in with insane stats, invalid abilities, etc I don't see the need to be that strict on it. I'm not a fan of hacking either, and I have only done one challenge on an emulator, and I've done countless challenges total. But I give emulator players some lee way, as do regular players. I usually allow trading eggs or Pokemon between games, but only at acceptable levels for the current part of the game, and the same applies to emulator players that need to hack something in. Like I said before, this is an end game thing already, so I could understand being more strict if it was a full playthrough, but it's not.

As for your rule change, you didn't really change it much. You just lifted the speed rule slightly, saying it's not recommended. That doesn't really cut it for me.

For now though, I'll allow this to stay. If anyone reading this wants to enter this challenge, just...refrain from using things you can't normally get in your game, I suppose. If I get more complaints about this thread though, or if I see it get derailed, I'll have to lock it. I don't even know why I'm being so generous not locking it now, honestly.
Because you're a nice person :D
But, as I said, if you wish, I'll open up another part for hacked-in Pokemon, especially if it means this thread will close otherwise. Just say the word.
----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsbaneCharm52 View Post
You're being highly elitist by saying that you prefer the physical games because they're the 'original'. In fact, the only way it could be the 'original' is if you were the first person to ever test out the beta of the pokemon games themselves.
Also, the elite four aren't meant to just challenge the pokemon of their region. They're supposed to be the creme of the crop, therefore able to take on almost anything. And it's not like Squirtle is hugely different than totodile anyways. I understand that you're allowing them now, which is better, but a seperate section is a bit ridiculous. If you're trying to compile a dex of every pokemon being used to beat the elite four, you'll never be able to do it without allowing hacked in pokemon, because honestly who's going to perfectly IV breed and EV train a dunsparce and then attempt to make a set that can overtake the Elite four on a pokemon that has almost nothing going for it, and will have no further use after the completion of this challenge?
By "original", I mean the exact same as the game itself. That's one reason why emulators are allowed. What isn't allowed is hacking.
ALright then. Let's get the Elite Four of Gen. I, and have them play someone who has access to all Pokemon, Gen. I-V. The latter will have a huge advantage, due to having a much larger pool of available Pokemon.
And of course we can do it. There are plenty of Pokemon outside of Shedninja, Smeargle, and other not-so-good Pokemon. But that's PART of the challenge! To see who can do it with Arceus, and who can do it with Ditto. Once we get every region completed with every legitly-obtained Pokemon, then we can talk. But for now, there's plenty to do. I myself am training a chosen 35 (5 others as well, I just don't think their moves will be good enough to win). This is a challenge, it's not suppposed to be easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*back to Elite 4 solo talk*

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 5th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mockingjay's Avatar
Mockingjay
Friends: See my About Me.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Ok this was actually when I was 7-8 years old, but I'll fill it out anyway. xD Not sure if it counts.

-Mockingjay & Jessi
-Swampert
-Hoenn
-Once in Ruby, then moved the Swampert over to Sapphire.
-96, then 100.
-Items were definitely used.

Well, here's my story. Pokemon was all I cared about. I spent hours training my Swampert and my Swampert only because I loved him more than any other Pokemon. I decided to try against the Elite Four, but my other Pokemon were way below. I ended up storing them in the PC and just using Swampert. I tried to beat the Elite Four for around a week; I'd get angry and cry every time I lost, lol. I eventually did it, though!
Reply With Quote
  #66    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:25 AM
myrrhman's Avatar
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
*watched*
As for hacking: "A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data." That's why. If someone is allowed to hack Pokemon into the game, then why don't we go on and hack different Pokemon into the Elite Four? They should too get other Generations. In fact, let's just re-hack everything! Different types for the Elite Four and Gyms! Re-do all the trainers! New citys anyone? (Note: this was obviously exaggerated.)
If you open the door to hacking, how is it fair that you, me, or anyone else gets to decide how far. If you can hack Pokemon, then why not TMs? Or trainers? Or items?
Sorry that I'm late to the party, just had a bit of input. In response to this: most challenges have a rule that says something along the lines of "you may hack in a low leveled Pokemon to start the game with." or something along those lines. A lot of people think along the lines of "Ponyta is my favorite Pokemon, I wonder what the game would be like if I started with one?" People, myself included, do not hack other Pokemon into the Elite Four, nor do they redo trainers, and put in cities.

As for hacking in newer generations of Pokemon, in my 2+ years at Pokecommunity, and probably about 1,250 posts in the challenge forum, I have yet to see someone hack in a newer generation of Pokemon into an older game for a challenge. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying that nobody has ever done that, and personally I doubt they would. You're right when you say that there are plenty of Pokemon in the current generation. However, I, for example, did nothing wrong in putting a Snorlax in early in the game. He is a Snorlax. Putting in a code to get a Snorlax early in the game does not change Pokemon to look and behave like a Snorlax, it simply changes the data to say "yes, there are Snorlaxes found on this route and they are found 100% of the time in the wild.

Yes, what we are doing is hacking. However, for the purpose of this challenge, the hacking that we are doing should not be considered wrong. And this is the only hacking that people ever do for challenges. If this challenge was a speed run or something, then putting in low level Pokemon of your choice should and would be illegal. However, all that should matter in your challenge is that the trainer obtained a Sandslash, regardless of where, and he trained it completely legally, and taught it completely legal moves. This Sandslash grew strong enough to defeat the Elite Four by itself.
Reply With Quote
  #67    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
^ I completely agree with myrhh. I completely and legitly leveled up my Blastoise from level 5, I recieved it as a starter from Prof. Elm, in place of Totodile, what's wrong with that?
__________________

IGN: Adam
Reply With Quote
  #68    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Togetic997's Avatar
Togetic997
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Since I'm nearly done with my Emerald game I'll finish the elite 4, train, then do the elite 4 again after training. I'll post screen shots when I'm finished.
__________________
Main Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge


Reply With Quote
  #69    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
myrrhman's Avatar
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
In other news, got another one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM2mX...ature=youtu.be

Its Starmie on SIlver. I decided to find a happy medium. I'm using the speed button, but only to like 350%, so you can still easily tell what's going on. Because lets be ridiculous. When an Alakazam can one shot the entire Elite Four, it shouldn't take almost 15 minutes to do.
Reply With Quote
  #70    
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
OK, added a hacked section for you guys
I realize it's not fully informed, I need to re-watch those videos. I'll also get to your Starmie run, myrrhman. And yes, I did change "not allowed" to "not preffered" for speed enhancers
Reply With Quote
  #71    
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Whew, I really like what you're doing here. I'll probably enter every solo run I complete (if I remember to defeat the Elite Four twice and such), but aside from the Pokémons able to be obtained before the first gyms in every game they will all be hacked, so I'm kinda glad you added the hacked section. (The hacked Pokémon are all level 3-5 when caught and no other cheats are used (not even rare candies to level them up ) I am obviously using an emulator 'cause I sadly have no other way to play them otherwise.

Username: Buzz Buzz / Han
Pokémon: Golduck, Hacked
Region: Hoenn
Game: Ruby
Level: 72
Items: Used

I added some pictures of the Elite Four and Champion.

I'm fairly sure everything was done legit (despite the Pokémon used of course ), but if there's something wrong with it tell me.
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Mew - Fire Red
SR - Raichu - X
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Reply With Quote
  #72    
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Buzz View Post
Whew, I really like what you're doing here. I'll probably enter every solo run I complete (if I remember to defeat the Elite Four twice and such), but aside from the Pokémons able to be obtained before the first gyms in every game they will all be hacked, so I'm kinda glad you added the hacked section. (The hacked Pokémon are all level 3-5 when caught and no other cheats are used (not even rare candies to level them up ) I am obviously using an emulator 'cause I sadly have no other way to play them otherwise.

Username: Buzz Buzz / Han
Pokémon: Golduck, Hacked
Region: Hoenn
Game: Ruby
Level: 72
Items: Used

I added some pictures of the Elite Four and Champion.

I'm fairly sure everything was done legit (despite the Pokémon used of course ), but if there's something wrong with it tell me.
No, your perfectly fine. Your now registered, though in the hacked section of course.
Reply With Quote
  #73    
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
chaos11011's Avatar
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
This seems like a fun challenge and all, but shouldn't there be a Level Cap? As anyone can go blazing through the Elite Four with a Level 100.

In my honest opinion, Pokemon that are higher than the Champion's strongest Pokemon can not enter the challenge. That way, this can still be pretty difficult.

Either way, I guess I'll do this on Black. I'm not sure which to use though, I'll probably end up using a plethora of Pokemon (one at a time).

Do we have to post videos or is a log fine?

Last edited by chaos11011; May 6th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74    
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
myrrhman's Avatar
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
This seems like a fun challenge and all, but shouldn't there be a Level Cap? As anyone can go blazing through the Elite Four with a Level 100.

In my honest opinion, Pokemon that are higher than the Champion's strongest Pokemon can not enter the challenge. That way, this can still be pretty difficult.
Is there a level cap for the solo challenge? No, and this is essentially a harder version of the end of the solo challenge because you can't switch to revive. Also, its not supposed to be hard in the sense of 'no pokemon can have an easy time beating the elite four by itself' its supposed to be hard in the sense of 'not all pokemon can beat the elite four by itself easily'. Such as Pidgey, Magikarp, etc.


Edit: Jobrjo, I looked at the front page and my Snorlax was level 75-77 for this challenge. And my name was BLACK.

Last edited by myrrhman; May 6th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75    
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Jobrjo's Avatar
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North America
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
This seems like a fun challenge and all, but shouldn't there be a Level Cap? As anyone can go blazing through the Elite Four with a Level 100.

In my honest opinion, Pokemon that are higher than the Champion's strongest Pokemon can not enter the challenge. That way, this can still be pretty difficult.

Either way, I guess I'll do this on Black. I'm not sure which to use though, I'll probably end up using a plethora of Pokemon (one at a time).

Do we have to post videos or is a log fine?
That's the thing. So if someone completes it with a level 100 Raticate, you can rty to do it with a level 93. Or 87. Or however low you can go. That's part of the challenge.
But if it's that easy, go on; beat it with a level 100 Shedinja. Some Pokemon can do it easier than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Is there a level cap for the solo challenge? No, and this is essentially a harder version of the end of the solo challenge because you can't switch to revive. Also, its not supposed to be hard in the sense of 'no pokemon can have an easy time beating the elite four by itself' its supposed to be hard in the sense of 'not all pokemon can beat the elite four by itself easily'. Such as Pidgey, Magikarp, etc.


Edit: Jobrjo, I looked at the front page and my Snorlax was level 75-77 for this challenge. And my name was BLACK.
Yes, this as well. Thanks
P.S. Got ya. And later today when I can I'll re-watch The Opera Ghost's and enter his as well.

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 7th, 2012 at 04:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.