The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
It's funny that you should mention magic... because my college application essay was all about how I lost the magic of video games when I grew up, and how I found it again in making my own games.
Oh you make them? Nice. TBH for college I may go for an art course but sadly it would be a close by one due to personal issues. I guess though its the first step.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Your most crowning gaming achievement, online or offline.

I've never done online gaming (outside of MarioKart 3DS, at which I never win) so I have exactly zero achievements to list there. Offline, I think my biggest achievement was either entirely filling the PokeDex in Pokemon Red (though since I used Missingno I don't think that really counts either) or unlocking all the unlockable content in Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken 6. Yeah... I'm really not that much of an accomplished gamer

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old May 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

I think for me it would be defeating that Emily person in Prototype. took like 3 hours to do but yeah XD
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing

For me, it's not actually accomplishing any goal in a game, or showing any great feat of skill. It's actually the day that I rediscovered Tyrian. It was my favoritestestest game EVER as a kid (Like, under 5.), and I had dreams and memories that made it seem like pure magic, but I really didn't remember anything about the game, and had no clue what it was called. I searched for it all the time, and it wasn't until early 2010 that I found it again. Playing through that game again was like the best moment of my life, easily. I still haven't beaten it though... it's really hard later on lol.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I am joining c:

Username: Team Fail
Current Console of Choice: NES
Favourite Game: MadWorld (Obvs)
Mario or Luigi? Mario.

Mine was beating Super Mario Land in less than 20 minutes. I haven't been able to get that time ever again.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

As a lifelong gamer, you can expect my utmost contribution here.

Username: Joshawott
Current Console of Choice: Nintendo 3DS
Favourite Game: Tales of the Abyss
Mario or Luigi? Mario

Your most crowning gaming achievement, online or offline:

As of right now it would have to be completing Donkey Kong Country Returns with a 200% file. Each individual level demanded absolute perfection and would settle for nothing less. In total it took me about 100 hours, and my god was it ever rewarding!
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:58 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post

I've never done online gaming (outside of MarioKart 3DS, at which I never win) so I have exactly zero achievements to list there. Offline, I think my biggest achievement was either entirely filling the PokeDex in Pokemon Red (though since I used Missingno I don't think that really counts either) or unlocking all the unlockable content in Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken 6. Yeah... I'm really not that much of an accomplished gamer
Naww Andy! You are still and accomplished gamer, dont worry you filled a whole pokedex and thats hard without WiFi trading!
Also I can relate to the SSBB thing.. I unlocked everything on the original Smash bros.. Yes I am that awesome.

Quote:

For me, it's not actually accomplishing any goal in a game, or showing any great feat of skill. It's actually the day that I rediscovered Tyrian. It was my favoritestestest game EVER as a kid (Like, under 5.), and I had dreams and memories that made it seem like pure magic, but I really didn't remember anything about the game, and had no clue what it was called. I searched for it all the time, and it wasn't until early 2010 that I found it again. Playing through that game again was like the best moment of my life, easily. I still haven't beaten it though... it's really hard later on lol.
So your most crowning achievement was getting nostalgia? Thats so cute! How old is that game?? Where did you find it? Also I assume its still the pure magic from your childhood! I get that whenever I play any pokemon game. BEST THING EVER! (Pokemon was my first videogame.)

Also Welcome to the club
Joshawott
and
Teamfail!

@Joshawott how do you get 200% completion O.o
@Teamfail is 20 minutes a good time?? I have no idea
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:11 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Concerning Pokémon-related achievements, mine has to be legitimately completing the entire National Dex up to the fourth generation. I didn't first complete it until Emerald, though, when getting to events was a relatively simple task. It was easier in the 4G games thanks to Pal Park and its wider range of event-receiving options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriSora View Post
I think for me it would be defeating that Emily person in Prototype. took like 3 hours to do but yeah XD
Elizabeth Greene? She was a bigger pain than the Supreme Hunter (second fight, too)! Freakin' instant-kill crimson tide of death! (Does anyone else get the /worst/ implication from that? or is everyone here innocent concerning anatomical innuendo?)

-----

On another note, I use too many big words! :D

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Welcome Team Fail and Joshawott! :D

I am glad people are liking this club. :3

Some of my crowning achievements is every Pokemon game except Black and White, I have fully finished my Pokedex.
Fully completing Tales of Symphonia about a billion times! XD
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I'll try to be active in this club, so hopefully I can join.

Username: Cid
Current Console of Choice: PS2. The console just blew me away. I didn't even expect to enjoy it that much.
Favourite Game: Mother 3. Strange, funny, and heartrending.
Mario or Luigi? Luigi. I've been the little brother for most of my life, so I think I can relate with him more.

I'm pretty pathetic on anything that's a crowning moment of awesome. I don't think I have anything crowning to boast online. Offline though, I'm pretty proud of beating the frustratingly difficult Mother/Earthbound Zero. I also caught all catchable legendaries from Gen I - Gen IV in the Pokémon games I played, I think that was the greatest achievement I could ever accomplish in my Pokémon games. Plus I'm pretty happy to have beaten Unknown from BBS using the slowest character in the game. Just had to take many beatings, until I finally got it. I think the first one made me feel accomplished the most, though.
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Joshawott

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
@Joshawott how do you get 200%
In order to get a 200% file, one must:

- Collect all the 'KONG' letters
- Collect all the puzzle pieces
- Earn a shiny gold medal in each level
- Beat every level on Mirror Mode
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:41 AM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

So anyone here heard of or use RPG Maker? Seems very interesting. Saw a few of the finished games and they look very well done. I'm actually testing it out and thinking of using it for a rpg idea I have had for ages.
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
@Teamfail is 20 minutes a good time?? I have no idea :S
20 minutes is a really good time. Someone has a GB Longplay that's about 33 minutes.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:50 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome Cid.
Your achievements are still impressive, beating Unknown with a slow character must have been torturous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

In order to get a 200% file, one must:

- Collect all the 'KONG' letters
- Collect all the puzzle pieces
- Earn a shiny gold medal in each level
- Beat every level on Mirror Mode
Man I hate your text colour, so difficult to read

So when you 100% the game you really 200% it o.O How is it possible to get over 100% completion.. I'm totally lost'
Also whats mirror mode? Is everything flipped and inverted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriSora View Post
So anyone here heard of or use RPG Maker? Seems very interesting. Saw a few of the finished games and they look very well done. I'm actually testing it out and thinking of using it for a rpg idea I have had for ages.
I've seen some games made with it I think..
The games look pretty much all the same though.. but I think its fairly good starter program if you want to get into some game making, you could even use game maker if you really want to start off easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
20 minutes is a really good time. Someone has a GB Longplay that's about 33 minutes.
Is that the original one? If it is I watched a video of it where the guy finished it in like 11 minutes, it was insane!!

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; May 6th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed

Username: YungKnowledge
Current Console: Xbox360 or DSi
Favorite: Saint Row 2, GTA San Andreas, and Pokemon Gold
Luigi

I would most def like to join this club.

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I've seen some games made with it I think..
The games look pretty much all the same though.. but I think its fairly good starter program if you want to get into some game making, you could even use game maker if you really want to start of easy.!
Yeah I want to try practicing since I did do flash and 3D in high school so I know some things. But its a goal of mine.
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:06 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

The best program for game making by far is multimedia fusion 2. Costs a good amount of money if you're not willing to 'acquire' it though. lol

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 7th, 2012, 01:56 AM
ToriSora
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
The best program for game making by far is multimedia fusion 2. Costs a good amount of money if you're not willing to 'acquire' it though. lol
Oh I usually have a special way of getting programs. XD

Have you used it a long time?
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Welcome Cid and YungKnowledge. :D

I have never even heard of Multimedia Fusion 2, I use Visual Studio! :3
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:41 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Yeah, I've used it since October, so like 7-8 months. You can learn to make games within a few days with that program, (very simple ones of course) and within a few months, you could be making games for real. It can only do 2D games though.

The Apples and Oranges link in my sig was made after like a week of using the program.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joshawott

Quote:
Man I hate your text colour, so difficult to read

Quote:
So when you 100% the game you really 200% it o.O How is it possible to get over 100% completion.. I'm totally lost' Also whats mirror mode? Is everything flipped and inverted?
Actually, no. For one to merely get a 100% file, they must collect all the 'KONG' letters and puzzle pieces. Collecting all of the 'KONG' letters will unlock the Golden Temple. If that is conquered, Mirror Mode will be unlocked accordingly.

To answer your other question, you're pretty spot-on with the exception of a few key details. In Mirror Mode, Diddy Kong is inaccessible and the player only gets one heart as opposed to the regular two. One hit, and the player must start from the last checkpoint. Believe you me, it's much harder than it sounds, as is trying to upgrade a regular gold medal to a shiny gold medal.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
ShadowE
Legendary loot hunter
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Im in it...

Username: ShadowExcadrill
Current Console of Choice: PS3
Favourite Game: Midnight Club Los Angeles (the tuning is so awesome, i can do anything with it)
Mario or Luigi? Mario
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

@JoshaWott
haha Classic gif!
Oh that still sounds a bit weird to me, but i guess thats how they made the game and it does sound like a VERY impressive achievement to 200% a game.

@Capt
Do you make games as well :O

@Quilava
How long have you been making games for? What kind of games do you make?

@Torisora
Have you tried creating games before?

Whats the most time you've put into one game??
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Quote:
Whats the most time you've put into one game??
I will have to say Resident Evil 2 I still have a save file from when I was 6th grader. I spent so many long days and night playing that game. Such good times.

Old May 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Most time into one game... I think I have over 500 hours across all my Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep files. After that, I probably have 300 hours in Kingdom Hearts II and Pokemon Diamond, and then another ~200 in Tales of the Abyss. I'm pretty sure those are my tops.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links