The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
SD- i know that game :o it's coming out in july in japan, i guess it will reach america in december or something :p just like BW2 (black and white 2)
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
SD- i know that game :o it's coming out in july in japan, i guess it will reach america in december or something :p just like BW2 (black and white 2)
I've played Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition (Pokemon Conquest), and it's not bad at all. It's not the best SRPG I've ever played, but it's nowhere near bad. Plus, the game automatically gets points with me for keeping the original names (I love this particular Sengoku Era), though I'm a little sad that Masamune Date isn't in it. I really hope someone makes an RP based off of it or the real Tokugawa vs. Ishida conflict.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Conquest is next month, for America. Not sure when we're going to get a PAL release, but one has been announced. Pretty sure BW2 are out next month in Japan too, and both US and PAL regions are scheduled to get it sometime during the autumn/ fall.

I wonder if there'll be any Conquest style RPs popping up soon. o:

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I think I'd be up for a Conquest RP. :D The game is so interesting and amazing. <3

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

I'd be more inclined to play it first, considering my knowledge of Japanese history is limited to a handful of names, thanks to various manga/ anime series and Civilization IV, not to mention the mechanics of the game.

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

I'll repost Yellow's topic (since only a few people are replying for some reason) as well as a new topic:

What is your muse? (Your muse is your ability to get into the mindset of and play your character. Aka, your inspiration.) Is your muse different for different characters or RPs?

Also...

Where you you get the names of your characters from? Do you make them up, use the names of characters from existing works, or a mix of both?
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Oh my goodness, I suck at naming, to be honest. :( I don't think of the names thoroughly. Whichever pops up in my head, or when I listen to the TV or radio...my mind will grab a name and I'll stick with it. This happened with two of the characters I worked on. Hopefully on the next RP I join I'll think thoroughly on a good name. xD

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
xD Just by saying Pokemon Conquest it's suddenly being talked about! I do hope to get the game. I'm so gonna choose an Eevee!~

I'm not answering Yellow's topic.

machomuu-I tend to mix it up a bit, like names from Initial D, Soul Calibur, Kingdom Hearts, Midnight Maximum Tune etc. Some other names I choose are either english or names in japanese, like Silver & Reiki. I think this is my favorite topic.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
My muse for characters is my personality and that of my friends and family.

As for names, I look up names with certain meanings or just use common names, or that I find interesting.

Also I'm wondering, has anyone ever thought of maybe an X-Men rp?
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
xD Just by saying Pokemon Conquest it's suddenly being talked about! I do hope to get the game. I'm so gonna choose an Eevee!~
If you play as a male, you have to pick Eevee, if you pick a female you play as Jigglypuff (who's pretty freakin' strong).
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
My muse for characters is my personality and that of my friends and family.

As for names, I look up names with certain meanings or just use common names, or that I find interesting.

Also I'm wondering, has anyone ever thought of maybe an X-Men rp?
I've been toying with the idea of a Marvel Civil War RP for a while now, however my own RP, Atlantis Arising, has elements of it that were inspired by X-Men.

However it all depends on when in the X-Men timeline you set it and whether its in the same universe, or something parallel. It also depends on the knowledge of the RPers as well. It would take some work to pull off, but I would definitely be keen to join.

As for my muse, it all really depends on my mood and circumstances. However I like listening to music while I write, drawing inspiration from song lyrics and sounds. Skymin linked me to a site for baby names, which is where I usually get names for, however many of my characters tend to get their names depending on how they act and are rather than just a name. Somehow the name reflects the individual.

Also as a point of interest, how many people actually look at the Roleplay Library?

Usually I'm quite bad with updating it, but Deep Impact did an awesome job of finding finished RPs for people to read, some of them are quite interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
If you play as a male, you have to pick Eevee, if you pick a female you play as Jigglypuff (who's pretty freakin' strong).
Guys, this is the ROLEPLAY Discussion thread. Discuss a Pokemon Conquest RP is fine, talking about the game however is off topic; let's keep the discussion on topic.

Last edited by revlis; May 6th, 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post

Guys, this is the ROLEPLAY Discussion thread. Discuss a Pokemon Conquest RP is fine, talking about the game however is off topic; let's keep the discussion on topic.
I don't think that a post and a reply is really enough to warrant for a cease-and-desist, now if it were a full blown derail I'd agree, but I don't think this counts.

Not that it matters, there's really not much left to say on the subject.

Last edited by machomuu; May 6th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Hoi Ichiro, that's my job. *slap*

But he does strike a point.

Anyways, Summer holidays are coming up (for America at least. It's getting colder here) which usually means activity here will INCREASE! We should expect an influx of new users and new roleplayers and new roleplays!! GET EXCITED!
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I'm going to try to encourage new RPers (that post a thread in my section) to come here. I tell them that the RP corner here is really amazing (and yes, me being here proves it! ^_^) and that'll probably increase activity (and make Skyrim happy. :D)

Also as a point of interest, how many people actually look at the Roleplay Library?

Being someone trying to find *another* good RP to join, I haven't looked at it just yet. :(

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I look at the RP Library every now and then, but I more so pay attention to the Accepted thread to see what's new.

And answering a previous topic on character naming, about half of the names I come up with have character relevance, such as a certain part being connected to the personality or history. Other names are either going to be random because I can't come up with something (and will likely be inspired by certain characters from games and shows like Touhou), or ones I look up for cultural usage. (Like a boy named Andrea with Greek or Italian heritage.)

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Well, I have submitted the Elder Scrolls RP mentioned a few pages back. I would have done it sooner, but I was too busy hunting dragons, and while doing that I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE!
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I can benefit from the Accepted thread, actually. It's easier for people to check out the RPs that are accepting SUs and get started from the beginning, rather than having to sign up in the middle of an RP imo.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
TurtleKing
Turtles > You

Indeed, summer vacation = more roleplaying from me. I had a lot going on in my life during the spring semester so it kind of through me RP thoughts out of wack. I recently submitted the second coming of "The Elite Army" a Pokemon war based RP, but I'm waiting on acceptance. What's up guys?
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:37 PM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
I don't look much at the RP Library because Ichiro is lazy with updating it anyways ;p
I'm subscribed to the Accepted thread and always check it out when Skymin updates it. It's a good way of finding new RPs to join, but you should also keep your eyes open for people posting in this thread saying that their older RPs have new spots open.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Nature: Modest
Yup, totally agree with red here. The updates are rather slow and i always check the approved roleplay thread now and then to check out the new roleplays.

Ok new topic....

Where do you get most your inspirations or ideas? Book? Anime? Internet?

I get most my stupidest ideas from animes. There are some really interesting ideas that comes out of them.

Most of my realistic ideas though comes from mere book. I like them better cause it helps my writting skills to improve and also to tempt me to come on PC to talk about them . What about you guys?

Spoiler:
A Scattered Dream That's Like A Far Off Memory......!
A Far Off Memory That's Like A Scattered Dream....!
I Want To Line The Pieces Up.....!

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old May 7th, 2012, 02:36 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Hoi Ichiro, that's my job. *slap*

But he does strike a point.

Anyways, Summer holidays are coming up (for America at least. It's getting colder here) which usually means activity here will INCREASE! We should expect an influx of new users and new roleplayers and new roleplays!! GET EXCITED!
I think that with the release of Conquest and BW2 the influx would really happen regardless. It'll be exciting, but I'm poor and won't be able to buy either of them (all my funds right now are going to Persona 4 The Golden and a Vita), so I'll have to sit out on any BW2 RPs (though Conquest ones are basically pre-Tokugawa era, which I can jump right into).
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

How often do I check the RP Library?

Never. I actually never do it for some reason...

Where do I get my names from?

I mostly come up with them at random while others have a certain meaning to them. But so far there's only been one with a name that has a certain meaning.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:16 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Speaking of BW2, I'm having fun comparing the plot of BW2 to the plot of Pokemon Fallout. If you pay attention to the trailers, you'll notice a picture of the world map with a significant portion of Unova literally covered with ice. Apocalyptic setting indeed! It's a very different type of apocalypse if that's indeed what they're going for though. It brings to mind Platinum version, only possibly much more extreme.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Old topic-

I tend to use japanese names :p like sapphire hikaru (only her last name), hikari kaede, kitsune kyuubi and stuff xD normally i choose names that suit my characters.

NOW! I hope alot of new RPers join this summeerrr!!! :D woot~ let's give them a warm welcome ;D

Lol i really need to stop getting all hyper.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:33 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Speaking of BW2, I'm having fun comparing the plot of BW2 to the plot of Pokemon Fallout. If you pay attention to the trailers, you'll notice a picture of the world map with a significant portion of Unova literally covered with ice. Apocalyptic setting indeed! It's a very different type of apocalypse if that's indeed what they're going for though. It brings to mind Platinum version, only possibly much more extreme.
In Fallout, the apocalyptic events are the Virus and Arceus recalling all pokémon, right?

I actually think the ice on the BW2 map isn't going to be there when the game is released. If you look closely, you see new areas hidden under the ice that weren't there in BW. The ice is only on the map to hide some new areas until release :3

I generally don't prefer apocalyptic settings in RPs. Makes me feel depressed xD

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links