The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:04 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
@DarkRisingGirl
So that means we won't get to capture GIRATINA? :0
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:21 AM
pirouette

@ DRG: Hey, sorry if this is rude but I think the Ash sprite is screwed up.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:29 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
The Trainer sprite? Yeah I may have resized it & messed it up abit. I'll get to fixing it or a better one. But the OW is the exact one from the website you and atif addressed me too.

No, you won't be able to catch Giratina. The only Legendaries you'll be able to catch are these:

The Good Legendaries on this list are the only catchable ones. Keldeo is your rival's legendary but he will give it to you later on in the game.
These are the Bad Legendaries who are mostly mentioned and being mind-controlled. They will not be catchable.

I decided to use this little present box for items laying around on the floor in the hack lol. So stuff likes Potions/TMs/etc in random areas can be found in these.

Repost: BTW, does Anyone know how to recreate the double battle in G/S/C when the player & Lance team up in a double battle? I could really use a script event like that. If anyone knows how & willing to help, Pls PM me. I have a Really cool idea with the player & your friend rival in a double battle against Tornadus/Thunderus.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; May 6th, 2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added Information
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:32 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Great job on the POKéMON sprites,but I think everyone would totally love it if they are able to catch the every POKéMON.
I'll send you updates tommorow
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
NO_obslayer

I agree with everyone thats saying we should be able to catch ever pokemon

I like the idea of the presents around the map

Last edited by DrFuji; May 6th, 2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

@DRG
have you already have the PALKIA and DIALGA sprites?

Last edited by tajaros; May 6th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Wrong Spelling
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:36 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@ Tajaros- Yeah I already have'em.

Awhile ago, Tajaros brought up something when he was playing through my hack to add more updated events to my scripts. He said "Why does Salamence learn Hydro Pump?". I forgot to mention that every pokemon in this hack will learn some of their best egg moves from gen 3-5 by leveling up. I feel this adds more fun to the game and you don't have to breed(Do ppl even breed in hack games?) to get a certain attack. Some few examples of this are:

Salamence learning Hydro Pump when normally you'd have to breed to get this move.

Tyranitar/Feraligator learning Dragon Dance

Swellow learning Heat Wave

I used the pokedex on Serebii.net

And yes...Speed Boost Torchic is in the hack...Smh(Can't stand going up against that thing in B/W wifi battles.) Updated pictures will be posted this week.

The Mind-Control doesn't work on Arceus.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; May 7th, 2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added Information
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
pirouette

Hey DRG, can this hack have more obtainable legends?
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
SkyIsDarkBlue
Unhatched Egg

I notice something about almost ALL the Pokemon games and hacks. That the Pokemon are ALWAYS highly overleveled. When they reach the elite 4 or something. Please don't make that so in ur hack :D I'm highly anticipating this hack!!!
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:17 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@ SkyIsDarkBlue- Sorry to tell ya, but this hack will be difficult, at least from the start of things. The first gym leader's Heatmor is very hard to beat going by my personal experiences playing through. However, I feel it depends on teambuilding. If you build an all-around balance team, you should be alright. The difficulty is another reason why I gave Pokemon their eggs moves. So they can learn a wide variety of different attacks and support moves. In the case of Heatmor, if you catch a Gligar that commonly pops up near Tiki Village/Lavaburn Forest(Which is before the first gym), it knows Dig & Roost(May have to lv up some before it learns Roost I think). Which should make your battle against Heatmor alot easier. Also, Gible learns a ground type attack pretty quickly & it is a starter.

@MidnightShine- I don't know, we'll see. A new trainer catching all these legendaries in his/her 40+ hr long journey is kind of a slap to the face to Ash, who's seen every legendary & never caught any lol. I just feel a 16yr old should not be able to catch any legendary pokemon unless it Wants to join his/her team on it's own free will. But this is a hack based on fun, so we'll see. I may add more to be obtainable by special events.

Question: Is it possible for Stealth Rocks to be added to a hack by simply puting Spikes effect & changing the type to Rock in the A-tack program? I mean, Scald was pretty easy. Give it it's original atk power from B/W, the burn effect, pp, type, and that's it.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; May 7th, 2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Stealth Rock Question
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:09 PM
pirouette

Yeah, more legendary's should be obtainable rather than 3 only.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:57 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Question: Is it possible to create your own weather & it's own custom effect?
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Question: Is it possible to create your own weather & it's own custom effect?
You shouldn't ask questions in your own thread
That's what Simple Questions/Scripting Threads are for
And I believe it is possible since LaZ made Acid Rain in LC.
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:54 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Alrighty, thanks. Yeah I figured it out earlier today.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:45 AM
NO_obslayer

I think giritina should be catchable coz its awesome
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:45 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

We would really need tilers and music inserters....

@No_obslayer
Well there are other cool LEGENDARIES claimable without catching them...
And we will make changes through every beta so expect some legendaries added from time to time...
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:16 AM
pilyongprinxipe
Beginning Trainer

wow! I will support this hack! but can I request something? can the sprites be animated?? :D I am very attractive to animated sprites, it makes me feel more excited while playing the game.. Thank you DarkRisingGirl!!
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

BIG UPDATE:

Sorry Everyone, I've been out with my hack for a very long time. I had to focus alot on college studies and passing my exams. But, finally, the semister's over & I can get back into this. Another reason why there hasen't been Any updates or posts from me is because the rom I've been working on was too corrupted. There were errors from all the previous inserting and the tiles didn't look good to me. So, along with my partner, Tajaros, we started the hack over on a completely new fire red rom. We're still working on it, and a beta will possibly be out by this month, (No later then next month) but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much because all the pokemon/tiles/scripts/etc has to be inserted All Over Again.

So far, we've maped & scripted up til the 2nd gym. Here's some screenshots and information on everything so far:

The Main Characters: (These will be the images for the beta. They are not perfect as of right now, but will be once the final version is released.)
Oren. The Hero of the Game.
Orena. The Heroine of the Game.
Kaz. Your best friend and main rival of the Game.
Pete. Another friend of the Hero/Heroine.
Sydney. The mysterious trainer who has a past with Kayo & a connection to the legendary dragon, KYUREM. Her dragon, AXEW, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.
Kayo. A mysterious trainer who has a past with Sydney & the leader of the Grunts/Goons/Goonetes. His dragon, DEINO, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.
Dray. He proclaims himself as the "Number 1 Trainer in the World". To prove this, he's gone on a search to battle the pokemon champion, Ash Ketchum. He is also the winner of the Sinnoh League and the boyfriend of Florina.
Florina. She's an expert at computers and the girlfriend of Dray. She's the winner of the Unova League, defeating Dray in the final battle of the competition.

Gameplay Screenshots: (No, there's not a wild Blaziken in the game. This is just to show off DW Abilities.)

(The pictures are side by side, not together.)

Battle Screenshots: (The battle backgrounds have not been inserted yet.)

All Legendary Pokemon in the hack Will be obtainable & there will be more pokemon to catch now with 16 badges across 2 regions(CORE & OMNI). I understand this will be alot of work. However, I won't give up on the hack.
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Gold011

this hack seems good, looking forward to it's release, but i have a question, there will be 4th and 5th gen pokemon with their original cries or just random cries (ex: when luxio enters in battle and makes beedrill's cry, or it will have it's ds original cry?)
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM
pirouette

To all people, not to brag or anything but the boss of this game will use Darugis, a fusion of three Pokemon & that fusion was created by yours truly, me.

Sneak-peek:
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@ Gold011

The 4th & 5th generation pokemon Will have their actual cries, although I am having trouble inserting them at the moment. The final version will have the exact cries, but the beta probably won't have them.

@ MidnightShine

Yes, Darugis will be the final boss battle at the end of the game. It's your 6 pokemon(or however much you want to use) against it. It has no trainer, it's too powerful. I advise the players who'll play this hack to gather up the legendary pokemon near the end of the game, you'll need it against Darugis. It's stats are all Very High.

@ Pilyongprinxipe

I apprciate the support. I don't know how to insert any animated sprites though, sorry. All of the pokemon will have updated sprites(as seen in the recent pictures I've uploaded) with better graphics as well as their own personal icon sprite in the menu.

Also, if anyone's intrested, please have a look at my Team Thread & join in to contribute to the hack and getting it out to the public faster. I recently posted the few things that are needed.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279212

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; June 6th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Wow, this hack has done a 360 lol it looks really good, im guessing you decided to use a rombase? The screens are nice, maybe abit bare, but nice and the new move animations all i can say is, Awesome!!! It must of been time comsuming. Good work darkrising girl, this hack is turning out to be great.

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
pirouette

Hey DRG, do you want me to do a redo for Darugis using Shadow Lugia's wings? I can do a recolor if you want but I already have a decent Shadow Lugia sprite so do you want a redo? Just for the wings.
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@Midnightshine

I like the Darugis that you gave me with the white wings, but you can recolor the wings and insert the shadow Luigia wings. I'll see which one I like best.

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; June 6th, 2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Great job on the sprites & tiles guys *& gals*. They look great. Don't worry Dark I was also busy with college as well. The characters are great. Can't wait to see more & what else the team did on the hack. Keep up the great work.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links