The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #19501    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
G-Money's Avatar
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
4670 Spiritomb.
2121 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Whismur/Taillow/Skitty.

Congratulations to Razer302 for winning the SHC's first ever chaining contest!! Not only did he get the highest chain with 44, but he also go the most shinies from it with 3 Buizel!!

Razer has risen above and beyond, proving to be the one champion worthy enough of being crowned with both chaining titles!! In recognition of such an astonishing feat, he shall be rewarded with permission to declare himself "Greatest Chainer of the SHC" and display such glory in his usertitle under his name.

However, new challengers arise to challenge his title! miloticfan54 has already broken his record with an astounding chain of 47, but unfortunately it was on May 2nd and therefore does not count for the contest. The next chaining contest is going to be a close one!

But for this month, The May Monthly Quest!! To complete the Quest, one must obtain one Grass-type shiny and one Bug-type shiny to welcome spring. Yay warm weather!!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight PDT on June 4th, 2012.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTsuba View Post
I just lost my first randomly encountered shiny ever
Gah!! This is terrible. :'( I wish you the best of luck and hope you can compensate by getting many more shinies soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
Oh nice my final count was 3 shny and final chain of 44. Finally won something lol. next up the years challenge. going to try for them all. shiny starter in black and white 2.
Congratulations - you are the SHC chaining champion!! I don't think anyone doubts you, but the rules say that you need to post pictures of the pedestal with chaining records as well as your shinies from the chain. Sorry to make you go through the work of photographing them, but I think it's only fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
I have a question for those who RE in 3rd or 4th gen: how do you count the encounters that you do? I know the trainer card counts them in 5th gen but I don't get how people keep track without it.
I use a calculator, start with my number of encounters (originally 0), and then enter ANS + 1. Then I just hit enter after each encounter. If I'm dual hunting, I use the computer's calculator that comes free with Windows and do the same thing. With that one, you can either click the = button or hit Enter on your keyboard. When hatching eggs, I suppose that you would input ANS + 5 into the calculator and just hit it once every batch of hatchlings is released/deposited.

Another way is to count by PP, although this requires your Pokemon to be at a high enough level where it can one-hit KO and its moves don't miss.

Also, you could count by using the Surskit Method. This works when you're REing in an area where one Pokemon is significantly rare - for example, there is an area in R/S where Surskit appears, on average, once every 128 encounters. Just count the number of Surskit you see and you'll have a rough estimate that becomes increasingly accurate as your sample size increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Rain View Post
I don't even like Gurdurr why on earth did a shiny of it randomly appear ;_;
SHINIES ARE ALWAYS GOOD NEVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY SHINY EVER NOT EVEN GARCHOMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Makarov View Post
Hey guys
Welcome back! You deserve more luck than the rest of us combined, so don't feel bad if you want to tap into our reserve supplies of luck and take some for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
Well... I'm home from my vacation... And I brought home some souvenirs!
Congratulations!! You have the highest overall chain at 47, but you did it on May 2nd, "lol." If it was one day earlier you would've won the contest!!!

*creates rivalry between Razer and miloticfan*
__________________
Shiny Hunting Status:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 6/18
Reply With Quote
  #19502    
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:00 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
The May Monthly Quest!! To complete the Quest, one must obtain one Grass-type shiny and one Bug-type shiny to welcome spring. Yay warm weather!!
Sounds interesting, maybe I'll try this..

The Gen V trainer card counts encounters?

Congrats on all shinies everyone, especially TSE's Giratina, it took you so long xD

Just saying hi, I haven't shiny hunted in weeks to be honest, I pretty much just RNG now. I'll probably start hunting again sometime.
Reply With Quote
  #19503    
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Razer302's Avatar
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England
Age: 23
Nature: Quiet
I finally won something!!!!!! I was always good at chaining though. Back onto the spiritomb hunt now though ubtil the next contest where I will be going for eevee in contest garden.
__________________
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Reply With Quote
  #19504    
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Ugh, warm weather. I prefer the cold.
So about the contest. Do the shinies have to be caught from here on or do the ones we already have count? I already have a shiny Tangela in Crystal.
__________________
Computer broke not a month after. Jesus. Still got everything backed up though!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Reply With Quote
  #19505    
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
rykerr1's Avatar
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Grass/bug type contest? I guess I'll have to step up my Snivy hunt... and maybe this will motivate me to start that Larvesta MM I've been dreaming of for awhile?

Also, thanks for the advice G-Money, I assume you store the # of RE's as "s" or something on the calculator?

I do have a much easier way of counting eggs though... since I store 360 at a time every time I know I've hatched 360 when I've cleared my PC. If something shines, I can just count how many eggs I've hatched since I always start in/use the same boxes to store eggs =)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19506    
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
G-Money's Avatar
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
The Gen V trainer card counts encounters?
Yes! On the back, it tells you how many Pokemon you've encountered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Do the shinies have to be caught from here on or do the ones we already have count? I already have a shiny Tangela in Crystal.
The contest counts shinies caught during the month of May (2012!), so ones you already have don't count. Shinies caught in Crystal wouldn't count either - it's only from Advanced Gen onwards.

So, the moral of the story is...go out and catch some more shinies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
Also, thanks for the advice G-Money, I assume you store the # of RE's as "s" or something on the calculator?
I actually keep the number of REs in a separate Notepad file. I'm sure you could do it with Microsoft Word or Excel if you wanted to, too; I just keep a running list of all my hunts, and just update them before I turn off the calculator. And then I copy/paste the updated ones to my posts here!
__________________
Shiny Hunting Status:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 6/18
Reply With Quote
  #19507    
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM
miloticfan54's Avatar
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Hey guys... I sorta got bored so I decided to do something 3 days before my departure...

Spoiler:

Yeah... My third attempt at chaining... And I managed to get it to 38 at first... But my game crashed when my dad accidentally put it in the bag... Frustrated, I stayed up 'till 12:19 am... My chain STILL refusing to go above 28... But that was when it happened...
Spoiler:

I had to restrain myself as everyone was sleeping... But after seeing that patch of grass glow at such a low chain of 15, I couldn't tell if I was lucky or just getting dizzy of lack of sleep... Of course, I always leave my camera beside my bed in case of emergencies so here it is! My third chained shiny... Although it didn't go above 40.... Ah well, careful nature... A shiny is a shiny... I am so bringing this to BW2...
__________________
"Graceful and elegant, yet bulky and solid, my passion and ideals are like Milotic!"
Reply With Quote
  #19508    
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Blaze the Cat's Avatar
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Congrats on the Larvitar, miloticfan.

My Bulbasaur hunt has reached 300... I think. I just count it and memorize the number. I must say, this is lucky for the May quest, I'm already hunting a Grass type. This appears to be a bit unlucky, though, because it appears that I have to save the Charmander hunt for later. Shiny Caterpie looks pretty awesome, though, and I was going for that after Charmander.
Reply With Quote
  #19509    
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Arceus Whisper's Avatar
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Man only 26 more days till I'm free to post whenever. Anyway the only hunt that changed since last time is
Ho-oh - 6707 SR
I really want that one to shine =/
Congrats to TSE for shiny Giratina and to Miloticfan for Larvitar.
__________________

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Reply With Quote
  #19510    
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
TheShinyEevee's Avatar
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: England
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
As many a famous person has quoted me in my lifetime....

WHOOPS!

Haven't posted in forever. ):

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
4670 Spiritomb.
2121 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Whismur/Taillow/Skitty.

Congratulations to Razer302 for winning the SHC's first ever chaining contest!! Not only did he get the highest chain with 44, but he also go the most shinies from it with 3 Buizel!!

Razer has risen above and beyond, proving to be the one champion worthy enough of being crowned with both chaining titles!! In recognition of such an astonishing feat, he shall be rewarded with permission to declare himself "Greatest Chainer of the SHC" and display such glory in his usertitle under his name.

However, new challengers arise to challenge his title! miloticfan54 has already broken his record with an astounding chain of 47, but unfortunately it was on May 2nd and therefore does not count for the contest. The next chaining contest is going to be a close one!

But for this month, The May Monthly Quest!! To complete the Quest, one must obtain one Grass-type shiny and one Bug-type shiny to welcome spring. Yay warm weather!!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight PDT on June 4th, 2012.

Spoiler:


Gah!! This is terrible. :'( I wish you the best of luck and hope you can compensate by getting many more shinies soon.



Congratulations - you are the SHC chaining champion!! I don't think anyone doubts you, but the rules say that you need to post pictures of the pedestal with chaining records as well as your shinies from the chain. Sorry to make you go through the work of photographing them, but I think it's only fair.



I use a calculator, start with my number of encounters (originally 0), and then enter ANS + 1. Then I just hit enter after each encounter. If I'm dual hunting, I use the computer's calculator that comes free with Windows and do the same thing. With that one, you can either click the = button or hit Enter on your keyboard. When hatching eggs, I suppose that you would input ANS + 5 into the calculator and just hit it once every batch of hatchlings is released/deposited.

Another way is to count by PP, although this requires your Pokemon to be at a high enough level where it can one-hit KO and its moves don't miss.

Also, you could count by using the Surskit Method. This works when you're REing in an area where one Pokemon is significantly rare - for example, there is an area in R/S where Surskit appears, on average, once every 128 encounters. Just count the number of Surskit you see and you'll have a rough estimate that becomes increasingly accurate as your sample size increases.



SHINIES ARE ALWAYS GOOD NEVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY SHINY EVER NOT EVEN GARCHOMP



Welcome back! You deserve more luck than the rest of us combined, so don't feel bad if you want to tap into our reserve supplies of luck and take some for yourself!



Congratulations!! You have the highest overall chain at 47, but you did it on May 2nd, "lol." If it was one day earlier you would've won the contest!!!

*creates rivalry between Razer and miloticfan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Sounds interesting, maybe I'll try this..

The Gen V trainer card counts encounters?

Congrats on all shinies everyone, especially TSE's Giratina, it took you so long xD

Just saying hi, I haven't shiny hunted in weeks to be honest, I pretty much just RNG now. I'll probably start hunting again sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
Grass/bug type contest? I guess I'll have to step up my Snivy hunt... and maybe this will motivate me to start that Larvesta MM I've been dreaming of for awhile?

Also, thanks for the advice G-Money, I assume you store the # of RE's as "s" or something on the calculator?

I do have a much easier way of counting eggs though... since I store 360 at a time every time I know I've hatched 360 when I've cleared my PC. If something shines, I can just count how many eggs I've hatched since I always start in/use the same boxes to store eggs =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Yes! On the back, it tells you how many Pokemon you've encountered.



The contest counts shinies caught during the month of May (2012!), so ones you already have don't count. Shinies caught in Crystal wouldn't count either - it's only from Advanced Gen onwards.

So, the moral of the story is...go out and catch some more shinies!!!



I actually keep the number of REs in a separate Notepad file. I'm sure you could do it with Microsoft Word or Excel if you wanted to, too; I just keep a running list of all my hunts, and just update them before I turn off the calculator. And then I copy/paste the updated ones to my posts here!
Ooh! New Quest! I may/may not compete in this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
Hey guys... I sorta got bored so I decided to do something 3 days before my departure...

Spoiler:

Yeah... My third attempt at chaining... And I managed to get it to 38 at first... But my game crashed when my dad accidentally put it in the bag... Frustrated, I stayed up 'till 12:19 am... My chain STILL refusing to go above 28... But that was when it happened...
Spoiler:

I had to restrain myself as everyone was sleeping... But after seeing that patch of grass glow at such a low chain of 15, I couldn't tell if I was lucky or just getting dizzy of lack of sleep... Of course, I always leave my camera beside my bed in case of emergencies so here it is! My third chained shiny... Although it didn't go above 40.... Ah well, careful nature... A shiny is a shiny... I am so bringing this to BW2...
Congratulations! It looks as though razer has a fine competitor on his hands for the next competition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Congrats on the Larvitar, miloticfan.

My Bulbasaur hunt has reached 300... I think. I just count it and memorize the number. I must say, this is lucky for the May quest, I'm already hunting a Grass type. This appears to be a bit unlucky, though, because it appears that I have to save the Charmander hunt for later. Shiny Caterpie looks pretty awesome, though, and I was going for that after Charmander.
I hope you get your bulbie soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
Man only 26 more days till I'm free to post whenever. Anyway the only hunt that changed since last time is
Ho-oh - 6707 SR
I really want that one to shine =/
Congrats to TSE for shiny Giratina and to Miloticfan for Larvitar.


SUMMER?!
O:
Thank you xD

Also, the whole calculator business...
Personally I set up my four calculators on the computer all next to eachother, since I hunt while watching youtube and stuff. I enter my previous number of SRs + 1, and keep hitting = for every new SR. When I'm done for the day, I put my new total into my shiny hunting notepad. My Ho-oh hunt looks kind of like this:

Shiny Ho-oh SRs:

200 // 600 // etc etc etc XP

My own hunts...

Nothin's changed since I last updated.
I know.
Skyrim caught me up ):
But I did manage to play through the Sevii Islands quests on LeafGreen and trade some Masterballs over, so I've done a huge number (2) Zapdos SRs now! Yay for new hunts! :D
__________________


3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Reply With Quote
  #19511    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Blaze the Cat's Avatar
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Latios Master, I challenge you to a Litwick race. What do you say? You win and you get your long-awaited Litwick. I win and my shiny count increases by a large percentage.

Bulbasaur progress: 350 eggs
Litwick progress: Searching for Japanese Ditto
Reply With Quote
  #19512    
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
miloticfan54's Avatar
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Whoo... A few minutes left till my dreaded flight... Maybe I'll use this trip as an opportunity to hunt for shiny Larvesta. On a side note... Does hunting Paras count as two? As it is a Grass and Bug type...
__________________
"Graceful and elegant, yet bulky and solid, my passion and ideals are like Milotic!"
Reply With Quote
  #19513    
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Latios Master's Avatar
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I'm sorry to hear about Flaaffy, NeonTsuba. I wish you luck on your hunts.

Congrats on the shiny Magneton and Larvitar, miloticfan54!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Latios Master, I challenge you to a Litwick race. What do you say? You win and you get your long-awaited Litwick. I win and my shiny count increases by a large percentage.

Bulbasaur progress: 350 eggs
Litwick progress: Searching for Japanese Ditto
I accept your challenge. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
Whoo... A few minutes left till my dreaded flight... Maybe I'll use this trip as an opportunity to hunt for shiny Larvesta. On a side note... Does hunting Paras count as two? As it is a Grass and Bug type...
I think it has to be two Pokémon. Paras would count as one for either category.

I will hatch Cacnea and Yanma for the monthly hunt. I'll switch back to MMing for the month.

This week's random hunt is... Purrloin!
__________________
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Reply With Quote
  #19514    
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM
miloticfan54's Avatar
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Phew... Throughout the day... I only managed to hatch about 200 Larvesta eggs... Larvesta takes quite some time to hatch... I seriously hope this isn't gonna be a long hunt again...

@Latios Master Good luck on your Litwick... You'll definitely get it this time!
__________________
"Graceful and elegant, yet bulky and solid, my passion and ideals are like Milotic!"
Reply With Quote
  #19515    
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Blaze the Cat's Avatar
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
I accept your challenge. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.
Good luck

Bulbasaur: 404
Litwick: 2
Johto starter SR: a very high number.
Reply With Quote
  #19516    
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM
CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Gender: Male
Once again goodluck on the Litwick Latias! You'll possibly definitely get it this time! I also hope you win the race against Drat xD.

Milotic I've never MM myself so all MMing seems like it takes a monstrous amount of time to me but non the less good luck!

My hunts:
Eevee: Couple thousand SR
Snivy: 10000+ SR at this stage

Its getting frustrating.. I really just want to play pokemon black my god!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19517    
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Latios Master's Avatar
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
@Dratizard: Good luck to you too.

@CarefulWetPaint: It's Latios.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

May 1st marked 9 years of being a member of PC. It was put on a new server in September 2003, which required everyone to create a new account, which explains the later join date. The years have gone by fast.
__________________
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Reply With Quote
  #19518    
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:23 AM
miloticfan54's Avatar
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Day 2 for Larvesta and my time abroad... A recent goal has came up for me and I wanna see if I can acquire a shiny Larvesta before my flight on the fifth day... So far, I have hatched about 360 Larvesta, didn't bother to count after that...

With all the time I have in the hotel, of course I'm forced to hunt... No Internet, no nothing... Just time and the DS...

I have a habit of needing to watch something shine while hinting, but since there was no Internet, I had no YouTube... So I provided that with a small 30 min break from black to chain Flaaffy in Platinum... I obtained two shiny Flaaffy, at a chain of 58... Sadly, I cannot post an image as of now.

Back to Larvesta then... Who will crack first? The Larvesta egg, me, or my DS's buttons...
__________________
"Graceful and elegant, yet bulky and solid, my passion and ideals are like Milotic!"
Reply With Quote
  #19519    
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb's Avatar
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere In America
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Not dead!

I have been gone for around a month, but that was do to traveling and tons of school work. Didn't get a whole lot of hunting done...
I'll still be active, but less so until summer.

As for new/old hunts...
Iron Island-Anything, but preferably onix/zubat families
Shoal cave-Anything, but preferably snorunt(female)/zubat
Slugma.

Congrats to everyone on what must be the thousands of shinies claimed! :D
Reply With Quote
  #19520    
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
rykerr1's Avatar
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
My hunts:
Eevee: Couple thousand SR
Snivy: 10000+ SR at this stage

Its getting frustrating.. I really just want to play pokemon black my god!
I completely understand how you feel, my parents gave me Black for Christmas and I can't play it until a blue Snivy shows itself >.<

Anyway, I've had no more luck since my last post. I'm slowing down my Pokemon Tower hunt to focus more on Snivy... I really want my Snivy/Piplup hunts to be over!

AP tests are this week for me, and they were lucky for me last year (Lugia shone on the day of my AP English test!) so I'm hoping a nice little calculus-loving Piplup will shine for me tomorrow XD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19521    
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
AntiZero's Avatar
AntiZero
Remember?
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
:O Jeez, it's been forever since I've been here. Anybody remember me? Page 742 was the last page I posted in.

So, G-Money, I'd like to be re-added to the list, if I may.

Anyway, I've decided to COMPLETELY restart my shiny quest. Starting with a month long hunt in Diamond...
I won't be soft resetting cuz I'm using a 3DS to play. Soft resetting is a huge pain because of the button locations, so I'll be doing encounters.

Good luck, guys.
__________________
AntiZero

Last edited by AntiZero; May 8th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19522    
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:06 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZero View Post
:O Jeez, it's been forever since I've been here. Anybody remember me? Page 742 was the last page I posted in.

So, G-Money, I'd like to be re-added to the list, if I may.

Anyway, I've decided to COMPLETELY restart my shiny quest. Starting with a month long hunt in Diamond...
I won't be soft resetting cuz I'm using a 3DS to play. Soft resetting is a huge pain because of the button locations, so I'll be doing encounters.

Good luck, guys.
Welcome back! We don't exactly umm.. Have a list anymore. We all got too busy :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
I completely understand how you feel, my parents gave me Black for Christmas and I can't play it until a blue Snivy shows itself >.<

Anyway, I've had no more luck since my last post. I'm slowing down my Pokemon Tower hunt to focus more on Snivy... I really want my Snivy/Piplup hunts to be over!

AP tests are this week for me, and they were lucky for me last year (Lugia shone on the day of my AP English test!) so I'm hoping a nice little calculus-loving Piplup will shine for me tomorrow XD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
English tests being a good thing? o_O Good luck anyways XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
I obtained two shiny Flaaffy, at a chain of 58

Back to Larvesta then... Who will crack first? The Larvesta egg, me, or my DS's buttons...
Congrats!

The egg. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
May 1st marked 9 years of being a member of PC. It was put on a new server in September 2003, which required everyone to create a new account, which explains the later join date. The years have gone by fast.
Congrats!

I haven't hunted since my last update. I know. ;0;
However I'm buying a savegame adapter, which when it gets here in about two months (Oh, DealExtreme) I can have unlimited saves! So I plan to get to SRing Lugia in SS, working on getting the PokeRadar in Pt, and SR Snivy in Black. Good luck everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #19523    
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM
miloticfan54's Avatar
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Day 3... 5 more eggs and I'm going to bed... Larvesta hunt seems pretty long now... Even if it's about 400 plus eggs... Thing takes forever to hatch... I wonder if I left my luck at home...
__________________
"Graceful and elegant, yet bulky and solid, my passion and ideals are like Milotic!"
Reply With Quote
  #19524    
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
rykerr1's Avatar
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
English tests being a good thing? Good luck anyways XD
I'll take anything that gets me a shiny somehow as a good thing =P

Also good luck miloticfan, if Larvestas take as long to hatch as Deinos or Larvitars (I believe that they do?) then I feel your pain >.< After it shines you should go after something that hatches quickly to make up for it =)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19525    
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
blu3void's Avatar
blu3void
Exactly.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Oh hey there. I'm a shiny hunter myself, and although I'm not currently hunting, I'd be happy to join this club.
I have two shinies: A shiny Hoothoot in Soul Silver, and a shiny Litwick in White, both random.
__________________
White Friend Code
1550 0866 4851
Diamond Friend Code
4341 8171 3142
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.