The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?
No - I mute VBA's volume anyway 572 55.97%
No - I can deal with it for now 222 21.72%
Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted 45 4.40%
Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/ 183 17.91%
Voters: 1022. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
I have just one question: what does hyetology, the study of rain and other precipitation, have to do with this storyline?
Absolutely nothing. In fact, I should probably change the title.
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Absolutely nothing. In fact, I should probably change the title.
Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. Why did you pick it, if you don't mind me asking?

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Because gullible is the only word not included in the dictionary
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
The B/W trees are never near the other trees, so you don't actively see the difference in-game. If you mean with the buildings, well, I'm sorry but I don't have enough tileset/palette space to add them on most maps.
That's no excuse. Think of it as playing a game with SNES graphics and then in certain areas it's PS3 graphics. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but still. If tiles don't go well with the other ones you're using, change them.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Here is a new screen with updated trees:
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Here is a new screen with updated trees:
Those look SO much better than the black/white ones.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Alex
Would you help me to carry the stars?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
You, hinkage, are a true inspiration to hackers, I think I'm loving this more than 2Awesome! I loved all of the references in the intro video and extra kudos for the music choice, but the one reference that made me laugh out loud was the NPC named Richard Castle, I would've never thought of that! XD

I'm really adoring some of the big-time changes you're implementing in this hack that set it apart from other ROM hacks and even more so from the official canon.

I suggested to Koolboyman to check out your Pokémon 2Awesome via Twitter, because I think he'll take a liking to the storyline's originality even with the graphical abnormalities in the game.

Your hacks have made me want to emulate your hacking style because I enjoy playing it so much, and see myself greatly enjoying making my own like this (hopefully it will offset the tediousness of creating trainers and scripts in my hacks :P)

Please keep up the good work!
You know what America is? Pretentiousness. Nothing but empty arrogance out of a bunch of poor, stupid, and frightened individuals without a thing to their name. I can smell it every time it rains, as it violates my nasal cavity with the stench of a raw, selfish idiocy. It's not too pleasant, is it? Then again, what here is?
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Pokehacker1
a kid with a knack for mapping

Nature: Calm
It's really good! You just have to make a new character mini and back sprite, and I think it would be complete - or at least up to the point where you have to stop.

Hacks I support:

Part of:

*currently looking for a tiler
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
You, hinkage, are a true inspiration to hackers, I think I'm loving this more than 2Awesome! I loved all of the references in the intro video and extra kudos for the music choice, but the one reference that made me laugh out loud was the NPC named Richard Castle, I would've never thought of that! XD

I'm really adoring some of the big-time changes you're implementing in this hack that set it apart from other ROM hacks and even more so from the official canon.

I suggested to Koolboyman to check out your Pokémon 2Awesome via Twitter, because I think he'll take a liking to the storyline's originality even with the graphical abnormalities in the game.

Your hacks have made me want to emulate your hacking style because I enjoy playing it so much, and see myself greatly enjoying making my own like this (hopefully it will offset the tediousness of creating trainers and scripts in my hacks :P)

Please keep up the good work!
Wow, uh, thanks a lot :D. I'm glad you like my hacks so much, although I doubt Koolboyman will really care lulz.

Good luck completing your hack as well, dude. :D
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Wow, uh, thanks a lot :D. I'm glad you like my hacks so much, although I doubt Koolboyman will really care lulz.

Good luck completing your hack as well, dude. :D
Is Koolboyman really relavent here?!

Anywhooooo, this hack looks splendid. I'm loving the Black Mesa Cameo. It was the first 2 words I read in the thread. I will definately try this when it's released.

*subscribes to teh thread*
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Protopred

Quote:
[*]No "standard" Pokemon events such as (that I, personally, think are boring and overused):[*]---Involvement with legendary Pokemon.[*]---A professor giving you your first Pokemon.[*]---Tutorials about basic things everybody knows already.
I like that, every time I get the tutorial how to catch Pokemon in a hack or other basic Stuff I obviously already know, it really annoys me. Even in the Main Games this are the most annoying Parts for me, it's hard to understand why so many mod makers include them :/

I also dislike all the Storys revolving around the legendary Pokemon, so I also like that part and I'm curious about the unique Story you're promising, best of luck with your hack
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Wow, thats a creepy trailer haha...
Storyline sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it.
Keep it up!

Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

If you support Hyetology, please consider adding this to your signature!

Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279155][IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/hinkpink/TempSig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
Simply copy and paste to use!

Last edited by hinkage; May 23rd, 2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Really great work on the hack. Like the story line a lot and also the drug to stop evolving *& the killing off of pokemon*. Looks like the events will be worth it. Glad you are taking the rom space into consideration *since i saw some hacks stop because of rom space*.
If you want any support banners/sigs/banners vm me & I'll be happy to do some.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:54 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Nice work in this hack...
I love the screenies hope for more to come...
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Updated the story section a little bit. Hopefully it's more clear about what's going on at the start of the game and what your objectives are, but I couldn't write a lot because I didn't want to give away too much, either.

In addition, I put all references' sources in parentheses, so you can look up anything that might sound cool to you.
Old May 26th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Mintz
Beginning Trainer

I'm liking it hinkage.

Dark games are sweet.
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Kaith
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
Sweet. Looks like one of those hacks that don't just have you running around to stop an 'evil' team from messing up your life and you just running around and getting your badges. Darker plots = Interesting Plots

I'll be watching for the release.

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old May 28th, 2012, 02:47 PM
KatoThaRogue
Beginning Trainer

Looks amazing, can't wait to play!! :D

But, will there only be a male playable character? xD
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Thank you, thank you. Your nice/thread-bumping comments, and support are greatly appreciated :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoThaRogue View Post
Looks amazing, can't wait to play!! :D

But, will there only be a male playable character? xD
Of course not. Your only other option is May, though, since I don't like to do custom sprites for the protagonists.
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Wesley FG

I think you need one improve in mapping, put more things, flowers, litle rocks, and other details, i like the pallets, but have combination with 3d tiles and 2d tiles, you need choose one style, and create all tilesets in this style.
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
!MaX!

After watching the video the first two words that came in my mind was "Resident Evil"!

Even though there was no mentioning about zombie pokemon I do have the feeling that this is gonna turn into a creepypasta!

And if you do add zombie pokemon...well, it will be too cliche but it will be something which I don't think we have seen in a pokemon rom hack ever before!
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley FG View Post
I think you need one improve in mapping, put more things, flowers, litle rocks, and other details, i like the pallets, but have combination with 3d tiles and 2d tiles, you need choose one style, and create all tilesets in this style.
Perspectives aren't my forte. And I think my mapping is pretty good, at least sometimes. I dunno. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
After watching the video the first two words that came in my mind was "Resident Evil"!

Even though there was no mentioning about zombie pokemon I do have the feeling that this is gonna turn into a creepypasta!

And if you do add zombie pokemon...well, it will be too cliche but it will be something which I don't think we have seen in a pokemon rom hack ever before!
Yes, it's been done before. No, I won't be doing it.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:34 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread closed at OP's request.

EDIT:Thread reopened at owner's request.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.

Last edited by giradialkia; June 23rd, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
hinkage
Community Supporter

Added a poll, so do your civic duty and vote.

The problem is that (and believe me, I've tried every other possible way) the only way to truly avoid music corruption is a tedious and lengthy process. I can get to work on it after I release the game, and release a patch, but I don't have enough time to do that and all the other scripting by July 20th. I also don't want to delay the game.

Let me know what you think.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links