Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old May 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Geass20
The Light and The Dark

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Gliscor
item- toxic orb
trait- poison heal
EVs- 156hp/ 56att/ 140def/ 44sp.def/ 116spd
nature- careful
-facade
-earthquake
-swords dance
-protect

comment on the changes to this beast.
I'll become... the savior of this rotten world.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Folly~
Beginning Trainer

^ I think you should've kept it the way it was and given the Vaporeon Toxic. (Like I said earlier. xD)

Sorry, it just looks better in my eyes.
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Geass20
The Light and The Dark

you wouldnt say that if you saw this thing sweep an entire OU team.
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Folly~
Beginning Trainer

I see where you're coming from. I'm just saying, I figure it would be the safest route to take because you never know who you'll fight. It might sweep one OU team, but get destroyed by another. I dunno.

I'm not saying to change it if you don't want to. I'm just giving critisism. Sorry. xD
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass20 View Post
Gliscor
item- toxic orb
trait- poison heal
EVs- 156hp/ 56att/ 140def/ 44sp.def/ 116spd
nature- careful
-facade
-earthquake
-swords dance
-protect

comment on the changes to this beast.
As I said in the other thread, Gliscor is better off with 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe. That spread is wasting away its incredible physical bulk.

While Pokemon with massive Defense can go specially defensive, like Forretress, Skarmory and Hippowdon, Gliscor is one exception because of its 4x weakness to Ice.

To elaborate, Forretress and Skarmory can go specially defensive because some of their resistances come from the special end. Hippowdon can also do that because of its massive HP and Defense. However, Gliscor can't do specially defensive sets well because while it has massive Defense, its HP isn't very high. It's also weak to Water and Ice, as I said before, which often come from the special end.

Old May 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Geass20
The Light and The Dark

to Folly its cool, i just think its a good set. and to PlatinumDude, this set has massively destroyed teams, singlehandedly. i find that the extra sp.def helps it to withstand hits like the ones you mentioned. and the extra speed helps to not get hit in the first place. dont take it the wrong way, i do follow your advice alot, but this set is pretty much staying like that... for now at least.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here