The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:09 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by parallelzero View Post
But the active RPs are on the first two pages, and then the inactive are every page after that... I really don't see what this would accomplish aside from making an unecessary, extra forum. It won't do anything extra to organize things, it'll just split the forum up for no reason and create uneeded work for the staff. I'm sure if the whole RP system was organized differently, it'd work, but with things the way they are, I don't think so.
There are active RPs that rarely use their OOC though, as well as a bunch of landmines closed or ended RPs that have no further use being there. I feel if it were only the active RPs on the actual boards, there'd be a much more sleek and smooth look to it.

As for taking up memory... It wouldn't. It's be the exact same amount of data... just moved to a different page.

It doesn't sound like it'd be a whole lot of effort after the first overhaul. Instead of simply locking or deleting a thread, it would be moved to the archive. If the GM wants it back on the list, they just contact the admin. Simple as that. Because recently-made RPs that have reached a dead-end (including my Minecraft RP, due to low interest and life taking away free time from players) or recently abandoned RPs will still be in those front pages. Not to mention when someone posts in one of those threads and it shoots right back to the top.

To be quite honest, I never even go past the first page.

I think it'd seem... Well, cleaner, to have only the in-progress or just-starting RPs in the regular threads. Separating alive from dead would probably increase the chance of a new RP actually starting off, and getting the players it needs to survive.

Speaking of which, why not add icons for these kinds of things? Like little icons stuck to every RP, meaning "this RP is open for SUs" or "Inactive" or "Dead" or "NEEDS PLAYERS!"

---

By the way, I'm going to go supernova... Soon... It will be glorious...

Old May 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
^ Ummmm no. Why fix a system that isn't broken?

Dead RPs are ones that are locked or haven't been posted in within the last month. Open RPs usually say so in their first post. It's as easy as that. The only thing I'd really consider changing is adding prefixes with ratings. I'm pretty sure if you had icons for aliveness or deadness, they can only be changed by a mod after you post a thread. Or is that just titles lol

Also, i prefer playing as a male character nowadays because when I make females, they're always whiny and emotional. Men are too but when they flip out, it's far more fun to portray.
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Youkai academy RP has begun :3

PMD: Victory's Reign... It's dying :I very sad... There's alot of inactivity between the RPers, not only in this RP, also in other RP's. Could it be because most people have school or something?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Zero) RP? I'd be up for that. :D Fate/Zero is one of the spring anime that I picked up (or rather, continued) and I've already seen Stay Night twice (though still need to play the game).

On a more current topic (as in on this page xD): I prefer playing guys because I'm more comfortable writing as them. With a female I tend to pour more of my own traits into them, which is something I try to avoid as a writer. I'm horrifically paranoid about making a Mary Sue, not that I'm a Sue myself.

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
@Skymin, it's always more fun to see a guy flip out.

@PinkSapphire, most people that have school are on finals weeks, where everything's the most frantic.

@the current topic, I usually have them evened out, though my male characters have more similarities to each other than the females. (I have very few guy friends to draw from, and the people I know tend to be the inspiration for personality and appearance traits.)

Also, would anyone be interested in a Persona-related RP? *Waits for Rokusasu to say, "Get on it!"*

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
@Skymin, it's always more fun to see a guy flip out.

@PinkSapphire, most people that have school are on finals weeks, where everything's the most frantic.

@the current topic, I usually have them evened out, though my male characters have more similarities to each other than the females. (I have very few guy friends to draw from, and the people I know tend to be the inspiration for personality and appearance traits.)

Also, would anyone be interested in a Persona-related RP? *Waits for Rokusasu to say, "Get on it!"*
That depends, which Persona?
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
銀ヤミ

I'm planning... My supernova will happen very soon, and the changes will be CATASTROPHIC.

... Or not. But there will be changes.

_

I play as both sexes and I try to play both with relative ease. Though, I am always asking for feedback to my female characters, because I can't really judge whether I'm pulling it off or not.

Old May 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Would anyone be interested in joining my new RP, Kingdoms At War: The Dark Ages? It's going okay so far. I know Red asked about the RP, so I hope RHCP joins. I'm not forcing anyone of course.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
That depends, which Persona?
I mostly mean mechanics-wise, as the Personae could very easily be Pokémon instead of the SMT roster if anyone's interested in a crossover. Story-wise, it'll likely be similar to Persona 3 with some 4 mixed in (such as the fog).

Considering it's supposed to be a kid-friendly forum, it'd be using tarot cards, so not Persona 3 when it comes to summoning mechanics. However, if allowed, Evokers will be the terminology used (which ended up being how it worked for the non-Japanese release of the game, since shooting oneself in the head with a real gun was undesirable to English translations) and that may be used alongside Type Cards (which I just made up in place of tarot cards and will have to expound on some time later) as another option.

Also... another topic!

What do you think about the "good vs. bad" scenario?

As in, there's two clearly defined moral standings. Honestly, I like it when there's some ambiguity regarding the morality of different sides. Take The Shattered Era, for example; Mechanists can be both "bad" and "good," and the same with the Council citizens. There's no real unified moral position.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; May 10th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerin View Post
There are active RPs that rarely use their OOC though, as well as a bunch of landmines closed or ended RPs that have no further use being there. I feel if it were only the active RPs on the actual boards, there'd be a much more sleek and smooth look to it.

As for taking up memory... It wouldn't. It's be the exact same amount of data... just moved to a different page.

It doesn't sound like it'd be a whole lot of effort after the first overhaul. Instead of simply locking or deleting a thread, it would be moved to the archive. If the GM wants it back on the list, they just contact the admin. Simple as that. Because recently-made RPs that have reached a dead-end (including my Minecraft RP, due to low interest and life taking away free time from players) or recently abandoned RPs will still be in those front pages. Not to mention when someone posts in one of those threads and it shoots right back to the top.

To be quite honest, I never even go past the first page.

I think it'd seem... Well, cleaner, to have only the in-progress or just-starting RPs in the regular threads. Separating alive from dead would probably increase the chance of a new RP actually starting off, and getting the players it needs to survive.
If you never go past the first page, how could you claim to think there's an issue with how the things are currently set up? Oo Not to mention I never said anything about 'memory', so I'm not sure where that came from. I really can't see how you're connecting your ideas here? If we took out all of the threads that are 'dead', people would be more likely to join RPs that are active? But those active RPs are already at the top of the list, so once again it isn't necessary. All your idea is, is displacing the threads to create the illusion that things are "neat", when all you're doing is dumping everything into a sub - which doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokusasu
Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Zero) RP? I'd be up for that. :D Fate/Zero is one of the spring anime that I picked up (or rather, continued) and I've already seen Stay Night twice (though still need to play the game).
I can't see it getting a lot of members, but I think it'll be better off with a smaller number of players anyways. Focusing on a few Master / Servant pairs will be a lot easier than... all of them, and the other Masters can show up for conflict-y stuff. XD

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:

Also... another topic!

What do you think about a typical "good vs. bad" scenario? As in, there's two clearly defined moral standings.
I usually prefer a blurred line between good and evil rather than them being distinctive, depending on the complexity of the RP and the storyline. I generally prefer convoluted RPs to simple ones in most cases.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Quote:

PERSONA PERSONA PERSONA! 8D I love, love, love, love, love love Persona 3 and 4. I haven't played 2 yet because I'm waiting for Eternal Punishment to come out on PSP and then I can marathon it along with Innocent Sin~ P4G is out this year as is Arena~~~

GET ON IT. <3 (And oh dear, I'm listening to the soundtrack again...)

Old May 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Hell, feels nice to be back after a small break from the net.

So, anyways. What kinda fights did you guys get into while I was away?
Nah, just kidding, no need to answer that, I don't really care lol.

What do you think about the "good vs. bad" scenario?

Well, having a clear good or bad side works for me. So does the one with the complex views about good and evil. But tbh the one with the more complicated views about good and evil sounds more appealing to me.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Well, I don't know how a Persona 4/3 RP would be executed, but despite my seemingly calm disposition, P4 is actually in my top 5 favorite games of all time, I love that game to death. Almost everything about that game is amazing, and I'm eagerly awaiting "The Golden" (I'm buying that before I even get a Vita), so in short, I love the series (and really anything SMT) and would be interested in a P4/3 RP.
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
銀ヤミ

Super Nova - DAY 1

It is the beginning of my foreshadowed revival!

Yes, this is he who was originally named Zerin. You may now call me "Akio" (Ah-Kee-Oh).

Also, and I'm not giving names here, some people need to choose words wisely; many of the things that have been said here have come off as rude or insulting. They could be miscommunications due to the lack of physical interaction, but just be careful on how you word things. Remember, this is a nice community!

-

Well, since I'm here, I should bring up another topic.

What do you look for when you want to join an RP? Which topics spike your interests, and what would you consider determining factors in your choice of join or ignore?

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Akio- Your new name relates to Akio Asakura from Midnight Maximum Tune. I like it!

What do you look for when you want to join an RP? Which topics spike your interests, and what would you consider determining factors in your choice of join or ignore?

I think when you get to choose a specific class, like a warrior or something. What really interests me is getting to go on an adventure, or training everytime. :\ I don't think I like my answers. Um, don't bother reading this, it's pointless.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Akio-:P Your new name relates to Akio Asakura from Midnight Maximum Tune. I like it!

I think when you get to choose a specific class, like a warrior or something. What really interests me is getting to go on an adventure, or training everytime. :\ I don't think I like my answers. Um, don't bother reading this, it's pointless.
... I have no idea what Midnight Maximum Tune is. Akio means "Shining Man". As for my surname, Tokushi means "Pure Virtue".

Also, don't say that your answers are pointless. It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts, including yours.

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Akio-:P Your new name relates to Akio Asakura from Midnight Maximum Tune. I like it!

And if you think it's pointless, don't bother posting it. .__.
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
All kind of topics get my interest :D i've joined alot of different RP's, and made two total different RP's~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Too much drama and off-topic discussions in the RP Discussion Thread, lol. Let's try and stay peaceful like the old times, yeah?

So anyways, vacations are hereeeeeeeee

Usually, the plot, GM and the Mechanics play a really important role for me to personally choose RPs. If I feel that the GM is dedicated enough to make sure the RP actually proceeds, I'll join it. If the Mechanics are something out of the ordinary, innovative, and not overly complex, I'll join it. And plot, for obvious reasons. It's also sometimes about how familiar I am with a series the RP is based off.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:18 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post
Usually, the plot, GM and the Mechanics play a really important role for me to personally choose RPs. If I feel that the GM is dedicated enough to make sure the RP actually proceeds, I'll join it. If the Mechanics are something out of the ordinary, innovative, and not overly complex, I'll join it. And plot, for obvious reasons. It's also sometimes about how familiar I am with a series the RP is based off.
I've strived to make RPs go forward, though it held a high responsibility to the players to keep active so that it didn't die.

Old May 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post

I've strived to make RPs go forward, though it held a high responsibility to the players to keep active so that it didn't die.
One more thing that effects my choices (though I feel like a dick for this thing lol) is if I know the GM well. It makes it easier for me to communicate and talk to the GM if I already know him/her so yeah.
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Any RP that has a plot that can reel me in and make a character SU to join. xD Right now Pokemon RPs are spiking my interests. I haven't seen any non-Pokemon RPs here that are interesting, so I'm just staying in one category.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

One more thing that effects my choices (though I feel like a dick for this thing lol) is if I know the GM well. It makes it easier for me to communicate and talk to the GM if I already know him/her so yeah.
I suppose so, but you could always be friends with new ones, right?

Speaking of which... My Minecraft RP is yet another that didn't take off due to low-players or busy-players.

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
SV
It was justified

Interest Check!

After tireless years of planning, the fabulously dazzling Raikiri and I are almost done with a high-fantasy Medieval RP set in an original world we created. We are planning for a release around the end of this month, and require 6 dedicated RPers wishing to participate. There will be no stats/levels, but classes/specializations are a possibility.

If you have any questions regarding the RP, feel free to PM/VM Raikiri or myself.

PS: We made a map.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri

Last edited by SV; May 11th, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links