The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012
Kyogre 3 30.00%
Suicune 4 40.00%
Manaphy 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Luvdisc. Ok, it's cute, but he hasn't any interest...
It's weak, doesn't evolve into Alomomola (surprisingly)... No, it isn't even cute, it is just a pink flageolet. That's all.
I dare anyone to tell me a real advantage of it :3

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Peresozo
Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Luvdisc. Ok, it's cute, but he hasn't any interest...
It's weak, doesn't evolve into Alomomola (surprisingly)... No, it isn't even cute, it is just a pink flageolet. That's all.
I dare anyone to tell me a real advantage of it :3

well i like luvdisc its the cutest pokemon ever made together with teddiursa and well it might be weak but the reason i love this pokemon is vecause its the pokemon symbol of love :D

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mentalii
Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peresozo View Post

well i like luvdisc its the cutest pokemon ever made together with teddiursa and well it might be weak but the reason i love this pokemon is vecause its the pokemon symbol of love :D

It's an insult against love :O
Anyway, I think a water Pokémon isn't suitable to be the symbol of love... And actually, Luvdisc doesn't really look like a water type.

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Peresozo
Trainer

Quote:
It's an insult against love :O
Anyway, I think a water Pokémon isn't suitable to be the symbol of love... And actually, Luvdisc doesn't really look like a water type.
lol very true in the part of it doesnt look like a water type but still its cute lol :D but it isnt an insult its a symbol plus thts where the shape of heart comes from :D

Old May 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
New Topic: Worst water-type?
Worst as in which I like least or worst as in weakest? Weakest is obviously Magikarp, but the one I like least, hmm... I think I'm gonna have to go with a tie between Basculin and Alomomola. These are two Gen V Pokemon that I've always hated with a passion and I still do. They look awful imo and they're useless in battle. I may be being kinda harsh, but these are the only two Pokemon that I'll never have a space in my heart for, and that's saying a lot. There's just nothing likable about them from my point of view :3
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
Yeah, it can be in terms of weakness, or by appearance. Whichever is fine. ^_^

Agreeing with OzCake. I think the worst water-type Pokemon is this:

I fear this Pokemon. Everytime I see a rippling water in the game I always think it's an awesome Pokemon waiting for me to get encountered. But nooooooooooo. These Pokemon get in the way. -___-
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:

The only thing Basculin is good for is Final Gambit, which is suicidal. I don't even like this Pokemon myself

As for Alomomola, I love the name, but the reason for the previous poster asking why not an evolution for Luvdisc?

Because they wanted to separate Generation 5 from the previous ones...

Plus I see NO similarity between the two Caring/Love fishes
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Seismitoad. It's movepool is neat, but that's as cool as it gets. It's design is ugly, and it's sub-par stats are barely anything to brag about.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, it can be in terms of weakness, or by appearance. Whichever is fine.

Agreeing with OzCake. I think the worst water-type Pokemon is this:

I fear this Pokemon. Everytime I see a rippling water in the game I always think it's an awesome Pokemon waiting for me to get encountered. But nooooooooooo. These Pokemon get in the way. -___-
I agree with you Meganium90, I hate Basculin... cos one nearly took out my overleveled Pokemon with Final Gambit.

Plus every time I train Grass and Electric-types, they end up hitting me really hard forcing me to use a stronger Pokemon to take them down.

And yeah, when I look for rippling water thinking there's an awesome Pokemon there and I surf/fish in it only to find it's a Basculin (albeit the opposite form to the one found in your version).

If I had to choose whether Basculin or Magikarp is more annoying, I'd say Basculin.

I don't get why so many people hate Alomomola. It's actually very helpful in Double/Triple Battles.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old May 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Kyogia
Just a Pleasant Piplup

Tentacool.
Annoying little guys, always around and my grass types don't have super-effective moves for them.
The only good things they have is the ability to add onto the Pokedex and the ability to get wiped out by my Espeon (2nd gen).
Seen: 249/646 | Obtained: 181/646

Wanted: Latias, Pikachu, Suicune, Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, Chikorita, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, Chimchar, Shaymin (fateful), Manaphy, Ralts

Pokemon Platinum Team (FC: 4814 0407 3172)
Badges obtained: 6

Lv39 Empoleon|Lv37 Staraptor|Lv39 Gardevoir|Lv37 Luxray|Lv20 Eevee

Pokemon SoulSilver Team (FC: 1850 7517 5758)
Kyogia/62867
Badges obtained: 3
Lv21 Quilava
|Lv22 Togetic

Clannad is such a good anime!

Old May 10th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Mentalii
Back

I'm pretty surprised that many of you chose Basculin as the worst water Pokémon... I don't particularly like it, but I appreciate the idea of making two forms of this Pokémon (one that looks particularly fierce and one that looks uh... a little dumb). But I think it need an evolution, given that Basculin is already a very annoying Pokémon, its evolution could have been a pretty strong Pokémon, useful in battles, contrary to it.

Old May 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

I agree with the ones that said Tentacool though! I swear everytime I get close to one, half of my party gets poisoned. And I'm in the middle of the sea with no antidotes and I have to surf all the way back to the shore. -___- Annoying indeed.
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Kyogia
Just a Pleasant Piplup

Quote:
I'm pretty surprised that many of you chose Basculin as the worst water Pokémon... I don't particularly like it, but I appreciate the idea of making two forms of this Pokémon (one that looks particularly fierce and one that looks uh... a little dumb). But I think it need an evolution, given that Basculin is already a very annoying Pokémon, its evolution could have been a pretty strong Pokémon, useful in battles, contrary to it.
Basculins have no evolutions?
I never noticed... I'm actually somewhat surprised by that.
(Not like I've ever even caught one in White...)

Wanted: Latias, Pikachu, Suicune, Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, Chikorita, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, Chimchar, Shaymin (fateful), Manaphy, Ralts

Kyogia/62867
Lv21 Quilava
|Lv22 Togetic

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Basculins are like Magikarps and Feebas's in the 5th generation. That's one Pokemon that needs an evolution... a stronger one!

Which...brings me to a new topic! :3

Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs a new evolution? (baby form or third stage?)

Also, I'm doing another poll for the next water-type of the week! I'm choosing three random Pokemon and you'll get to vote for one of them! ^_^
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Peresozo
Trainer

Quote:
Basculins are like Magikarps and Feebas's in the 5th generation. That's one Pokemon that needs an evolution... a stronger one!

Which...brings me to a new topic! :3

Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs a new evolution? (baby form or third stage?)

Also, I'm doing another poll for the next water-type of the week! I'm choosing three random Pokemon and you'll get to vote for one of them!

floatzel to an another looking pokemon , also luvdisc and corsola lol

oh my the userbar has been deleted? well i still have it i jst cant find a image hosting page tht would make the effect work D:

there i re-upload it to photobucket i hope this time it doesnt dissapear XD

Last edited by Peresozo; May 10th, 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Worst water-type?
Tentacool. For every ocean route i've had to swim across while being attacked every 3 steps by them.Why is this pokemon seriously in every route @ sea?
Magikarp. It goes without saying

Old May 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

New poll up for the Pokemon of the Week! You guys have to choose between three Pokemon: Shellos, Dewott, or Chinchou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peresozo View Post
oh my the userbar has been deleted? well i still have it i jst cant find a image hosting page tht would make the effect work D:

there i re-upload it to photobucket i hope this time it doesnt dissapear XD

Okay, I'll go ahead and replace that. :D
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:

Hmm, interesting question. Now there are a lot of Pokémon in dire need of an expanded evolutionary line, though not many Water types that I can recall.
Now, I basically think that most Pokémon that only have two stages of evolutions pretty much need a third stage, be it either prevolution or evolution. There are cases of two stage families that I just don't see the need of a third one in, like Magikarp and Gyarados, or Drifblim and Drifloon, though one of the families that should have one would be Phione and Manaphy.

Phione is already pretty much a perfect first stage, so I'm guessing that in that case Manaphy should have an evolution, though preferably something that still keep the cuteness of the two, since that's one of my favourite things about that line ^^
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
RudeStyle
It's A Hard Life

Nature: Timid
Chinchou is very under-rated I think I would vote for that one.

We can't predict.

White friend code: 1635-8053-6930
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I think the Water type selection is good as it is. It doesn't need anymore pre-evolutions or anything like that. Legit.

And I totally vote for my bro Shellos up there. Pink, adorable, and a fun movepool makes me love it.
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Dewott for me cos he's cool while keeping Oshawott's cuteness.

I mean, just look at that pose!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Peresozo
Trainer

Agreeing with Hikari10 Dewott is the best :D, its cute and it has a bad-ass pose lol hes awesome :D

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Kyogia
Just a Pleasant Piplup

Phione should evolve into Manaphy!
Manaphy can breed Phiones, but Phione's bigger than Manaphy and can't evolve into Manaphy? That's not nice. D:

Anyway, I vote for...
Ah, I forgot... Oh well, not that big of a deal. Now I'm stuck between Dewott and Chinchou... I guess I'd have to pick Dewott.

Kyogia/62867
Lv21 Quilava
|Lv22 Togetic

Old May 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Phione is already pretty much a perfect first stage, so I'm guessing that in that case Manaphy should have an evolution, though preferably something that still keep the cuteness of the two, since that's one of my favourite things about that line
That would make absolutely make perfect sense. To bad it's not like that in reality.

But the topic about a baby form or a newer evolution? All I can say is is the only Pokemon before Generation 5 who needs any newer baby form.

Mm What about Milotic? I can see an even stronger evolution to the Milotic family. Though I can't come up with a design as I'm terrible with that section xD
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:32 AM
angelomanalo
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Name: angelomanalo
Your Partner Pokemon: Palpitoad
Why do you like Water-Types?: Because I like drinking water, but I really hate Misty, because she hates carrots
I find Waterfall the most powerful, because when I battle Lance, Surf almost didn't work
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here