The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 7th, 2012, 01:50 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like to see move tutors make a reappearance that teach moves that were previously learnable in Gen IV like the punches, Stealth Rock, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Roost as a lot of them are illegal with the Dream World abilities. Also I think a few Pokémon could have moves added to their movesets, like Beedrill and Seaking being able to learn Drill Run or something.
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:13 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Beedril and Seaking with Drill Run would be awesome! But all I'm really asking for is for Emboar to learn Fire Punch. Ghastly can learn it and it isn't even a fire type... it doesn't even have hands. Emboar even says it used Fire Punch in it's pokedex description... no Fire Punch.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Yoshikkko

Well Flareon just screams for a better moveset but I can't see that happening, maybe they'll add a few moves in general but I don't think they'll specifically change any Pokémon.
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Dragon Scales
Beginning Trainer

It would be useful for Samurott to learn Earthquake. Like seriously it is the only fully evolved Water-type starter not to be able learn the move lol. >.>
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:02 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
True that's weird... And since it's pure water that would make it a lot more useful in the game.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
If move tutors were added i would want to see multiple moves added
-Elemental punchs
-Elemental bites
-mostly stronger useful moves, not useless moves like icy wind or snore
Some moves i know would never be added like
-the strong starter moves( hydro cannon, frenzy plant, and blast burn) be added to the strong psuedo-legendary pokemon
( i know it would never happen, but still)

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

But it's already fast, I don't think it really needs Extremespeed.
Then why does Arcanine, Raichu(event), Arceus learn it? Being fast brings more hope for extremespeed.
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Dragon Scales
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
True that's weird... And since it's pure water that would make it a lot more useful in the game.
Mmmhmm yeh true. :) It would help make Samurott more viable to run physically inclined movesets imo. Samurott has a solid range of special attack options, though somewhat lacks moves from the physical side. :3

Samurott probably has potential to learn some Fighting-type moves as well. I always thought Brick Break would be viable, or if move tutors are implemented even Superpower. O.o
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Count

Nature: Bold
I do see it happening actually, I mean with the climate change in Unova and stuff. The pokémon could have evolved a little, in a more realistic sense.

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Scales View Post
Mmmhmm yeh true. :) It would help make Samurott more viable to run physically inclined movesets imo. Samurott has a solid range of special attack options, though somewhat lacks moves from the physical side. :3

Samurott probably has potential to learn some Fighting-type moves as well. I always thought Brick Break would be viable, or if move tutors are implemented even Superpower. O.o
Yeah I was so disappointed at lack of fighting attacks. Give it Close Combat tbh, except that might be a little awkward considering it's an otter creature. OH WELL. If not defs Brick Break.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
OMG, there are TONS of Pokemon that need better sets.

Let me start with starters:
Snivy - some non-grass moves, idk. Dragon Pulse, EQ, Rock Slide, ExtremeSpeed, perhaps? Dragon Dance and Sleep Powder would totally own.
Oshawott - It's movepool is so terrible >...<" I'd give it Ice Punch, EQ, Superpower/Close Combat. Same as Forever, I'm disappointed it doesn't have CC, it deffo should.
Tepig - more fighting moves! Arm Thrust is just so bad... I know it gets some moves from TMs, but that's not that I want, srsly. Mach Punch, plox!

Sawk/Throh - more non-Fighting moves in their learnsets. A priority would be neat as well. Elemental Punches would own as well.

Zorua and Zoroark - lvl up Sucker Punch, wider Physical moveset.

Woobat - Trick, Baton Pass. CM Passing, anyone?

Excadrill - Iron Head

Ice cream family, Klink family - wider movepools! Vanistuff can't do much even with better movepool but what they have is just crap tbh. Klink has a Dragon Dance+ move that is, unfortunately, useless, because it doesn't have the moveset to fit it. Rock Slide, EQ are must. I'd also give it Flare Blitz - it could spin so fast and cover in flames. Or Overheat at least?

Seismitoad - no Ice moves? Dafuq?

Elektross - Elemental Punches. It's special movepool is great, but it's Physical is disappointing, especially, if it can use coil.

Golett - same as Elektross - Elemental Punches. It also needs Bullet or Mach Punch and Drain Punch. Iron First abusing FTW!

Deino family - Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch in lvl up

Now, non-native monsters:

Flareon - Flare Blitz, base Attack just begs for it!

Lucario - Doom Desire. I wouldn't use that but it would be cool XD

Sunkern - Implosion, Suicide, 0% Acc SelfDestruct, whatever. I hate that Pokemon so much

That's pretty all for now. When more Pokemon will be know I'll post my hopes. I didn't mention many Pokemon with terrible movesets, like Audino or Pidove, but that's because I don't really care about them.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
OMG, there are TONS of Pokemon that need better sets.

Sawk/Throh - more non-Fighting moves in their learnsets. A priority would be neat as well. Elemental Punches would own as well.

Seismitoad - no Ice moves? Dafuq?

Deino family - Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch in lvl up
! Hmmm, something like Mach Punch would be awesome on Sawk considering it's banded/scarfed anyway (maybe something like Ice Punch for flying types @ Scarf set, and Mach Punch @ Band set). Damnit I want this.

Aaand ice beam! Maybe?

Agreed w/ Dark Pulse but I don't really want a physical Hydreigon. :(
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well, Hydreigon has 105 base Attack, so a mixed set would be neat.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Nature: Quirky
I remember a time when there were a few Pokemon that would ONLY get certain TM's educated into the family through breeding.

Dig Krabby
Psychic Psyduck as examples

Hone Claws Eevee could be fun.
Just don't want to see Vacuum Wave on too many water Pokemon regardless of seeing it used by a Wailmer. On a few waters would be nice.

Shadow Sneak makes more sense on Dark types than Sucker Punch, but thats just me. Not like it matters when facing a Rattled.

What I most want is Hail on the storm Pranksters.
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
Well, Hydreigon has 105 base Attack, so a mixed set would be neat.
Possibly but I'd rather like if it were possible to just have it full out special because that's where the power lies. XD; More of a thing with siding with power over priority though, could be useful against Latios etc though if it did have Sucker Punch. Hmmm.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Oshawott line needs a ground move, hopefully Earthquake. I'm getting fed up of being pwned by Electric types with one move.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Mr155555

I Could Consider For Samurott to Learn Sacred Sword
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Oshawott line needs a ground move, hopefully Earthquake. I'm getting fed up of being pwned by Electric types with one move.
But don't they already get Dig? I know that it's not a good move in general, but it's good in-game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr155555 View Post
I Could Consider For Samurott to Learn Sacred Sword
But that would take away Sacred Sword's uniqueness to the legendary musketeers! ;_; The move also explicitly states that the user attacks with its horns. While Samurott does have a horn, it mainly uses it for Megahorn, and it uses its swords when it uses Razor Shell, or presumably X-Scissor and Fury Cutter.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
^ Well Rayquaza did get V-create though that was from an event...
I'm hoping that it's Serperior who gets Earthquake, it needs a move against those steel types...
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
Give my pretty Petilil/Lilligant some moves that aren't just Grass, please! Trick, Baton Pass, Silver Wind, Calm Mind, give it some stuffs! :) plz. I'm tired of hearing complaints about her moveset sucking. I'm fine with my Dream Eater Lilligant though WEEEEEEE.

Destiny calls on me.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Give my pretty Petilil/Lilligant some moves that aren't just Grass, please! Trick, Baton Pass, Silver Wind, Calm Mind, give it some stuffs! :) plz. I'm tired of hearing complaints about her moveset sucking. I'm fine with my Dream Eater Lilligant though WEEEEEEE.
Bug Buzz Lilligant would be wonderful actually. :3 I actually think her moveset is pretty good, tbh. Chlorophyll orrr Own Tempo w/ the moves (only tried former though) can be fun already imo.

Don't know where you could fit bug buzz though ;;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links