Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old May 11th, 2012 (01:53 PM).
A Sadistic Bastard

I already know my team isn't perfect. I want to change it but I don't know what member I need to replace. My goal is to have a counter for the most of the OU threats. Oh and I don't play by the item clause.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 attack/ 120 HP/136 SpD
Bulk up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Stone Edge

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Calm
252 HP/ 80 def/ 176 SpD
Pain Split
Night Shade
Will-O-Wisp
Ice Beam

This thing is extremely difficult to take down. Will-O-Wisp is there to cripple physical attackers and ice beam is there to murder Gliscor and Dragonite.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
248 HP/ 252 attack/8 speed
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Its ability is technician.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 sp atk/ 252 speed
Draco Meteor
Hidden Power Fire
Psyshock
Surf

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Naive
252 atk/4 sp atk/252 speed
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump

Skill Link

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
252 attack/252 speed
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extreme Speed
Fire Punch

Multiscale

Anyways, I always lose to rain teams and I struggle with Rotom-W. I'm willing to change anything about this team. The only thing I want to keep is atleast one member and I want to have atleast one dragon on my team. I feel like I have too many physical sweepers and not enough walls and special sweepers. Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------
White FC: 2580 7669 3124
Platinum FC: 5028 8983 1499
Old May 11th, 2012 (03:49 PM).
dr4g0n12(2)
INSURRECTION!!!!!

Try replacing draco meteor and psyshock on Latios with Calm Mind and Dragon Pulse.
Also change his item to Leftovers. This will make Latios more capable as a sweeper.
Old May 11th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by dr4g0n12(2):
Try replacing draco meteor and psyshock on Latios with Calm Mind and Dragon Pulse.
Also change his item to Leftovers. This will make Latios more capable as a sweeper.
Latios is perfectly capable of using Choice items. While it's also able to use CM as well, the OP may have wanted Latios to inflict severe damage on the opponent with it right off the bat. Latios doesn't HAVE to use Calm Mind if the OP doesn't want it to.

Anyway, how about you try out Gastrodon? Its Storm Drain ability lets it check Pokemon that use Water moves in the rain by increasing its Special Attack when it's hit by one. I'll let someone else figure out where on the team it can be:
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Sassy/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain

Old May 11th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
A Sadistic Bastard

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Latios is perfectly capable of using Choice items. While it's also able to use CM as well, the OP may have wanted Latios to inflict severe damage on the opponent with it right off the bat. Latios doesn't HAVE to use Calm Mind if the OP doesn't want it to.

Anyway, how about you try out Gastrodon? Its Storm Drain ability lets it check Pokemon that use Water moves in the rain by increasing its Special Attack when it's hit by one. I'll let someone else figure out where on the team it can be:
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Sassy/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
I might actually try that. As for Latios, I would rather have it inflict a large amount of damage immediately then switch out.

White FC: 2580 7669 3124
Platinum FC: 5028 8983 1499

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links