The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I think Ive played the max time in a time battle as well (That was LONG). I still found it pretty fun. I did enjoy stock better because you could steal lives off your team mates if you had too >.< that was always hilarious. Especially if they only had a few left and were nearly dead! /not a horrible team player.

Okay guys I went to play brawl at my friends today and we couldn't find it! I was so excited to play it and now Im sad and disappointed, what should I do to fill the gap not getting to play brawl has left inside me!
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Okay guys I went to play brawl at my friends today and we couldn't find it! I was so excited to play it and now Im sad and disappointed, what should I do to fill the gap not getting to play brawl has left inside me!
To me it's either Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros.

Maybe you should tell your friend to...store your game properly? I get annoyed when people leave their games laying around :X

My friend has had two Brawls and sold them both. I wish I could play it right now

I have yet to play 1P Mode on Brawl, so idk if it has any, so I'll ask for Melee. What's your favorite Event in Melee? My has to be the very last one, #51. Whoever you choose vs Giga Bowser, Mewtwo & Ganondorf.

Anyone remember their record time for beating it?
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Yeah apparently his brother took it without asking so we just played fifa instead /cries.

I never did the 1P mode in melee but I got pretty good at the solo mode in SSB Original,
I'm not sure what my best time was but I think I finished it on Very hard without losing a life once or twice. I thought that was a pretty good effort.

-Edit-
Guys I think I just found a way to play SSB Melee.. xD I'll soon be a wealth of knowledge hopefully!!!
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sector

Quote:
Yeah apparently his brother took it without asking so we just played fifa instead /cries.

I never did the 1P mode in melee but I got pretty good at the solo mode in SSB Original,
I'm not sure what my best time was but I think I finished it on Very hard without losing a life once or twice. I thought that was a pretty good effort.

-Edit-
Guys I think I just found a way to play SSB Melee.. xD I'll soon be a wealth of knowledge hopefully!!!
Sometimes I'd go through and face 1P for fun, like after I obtained all the trophies. Otherwise I'd go through Multiplayer Melee since those are fun and setting up your own rules, etc. But I'm still working on All-Star Mode on Very Hard difficulty, doing attempting it with Peach. I've defeated it with Fox years ago. Adventure I've gotten both Peach and Fox done with on Very Hard, but took quite a few attempts with Peach. However Classic Mode I was able to defeat it with Peach and Fox and keep trying to break my points record, it seems that Peach has Fox beat on my end, everytime :X

Somehow haha

Has that knowledge been wealthy?
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

Has that knowledge been wealthy?
The knowledge is coming.. slowly, thats for sure, It's really hard to play on a keyboard, I needs to get me a controller for my computer and a better computer! But Ice-Climbers are awesome!!
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I hate playing as Ice Climbers, even though their results are amazing. Even though they undoubtedly get the job done, I prefer playing with faster and more agile characters... I always feel really weighed down when I'm using them. Especially since there's two of them.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I hate playing as Ice Climbers, even though their results are amazing. Even though they undoubtedly get the job done, I prefer playing with faster and more agile characters... I always feel really weighed down when I'm using them. Especially since there's two of them.
They are so awesome though! Double the trouble for the enemy! Its like THERES TWO OF US WHAT CHA GUNNA DO! And they can freeze people! I think they are my favourite out of who I've played so far, Though I also think Marth is really fun as well even though I have no idea what her Down B move does..
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Katholic Nun

Just as an FYI, Marth is a man

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sector

Quote:
Just as an FYI, Marth is a man
LOL I seriously laughed my @$$ off to that! Dressed as a Royal Prince can make you look like a girl. I don't think so
Quote:
They are so awesome though! Double the trouble for the enemy! Its like THERES TWO OF US WHAT CHA GUNNA DO! And they can freeze people! I think they are my favourite out of who I've played so far, Though I also think Marth is really fun as well even though I have no idea what her Down B move does..
I don't like Ice Climbers myself, I prefer to always play as my own and don't like any assistance from the CPU/AI's whatsoever. Marth's Down B Move=Reflecting Attacks. I hope you don't ask what Roy's does because it's the same. Except I think Roy's double the reflecting attack back, so you can tell who's stronger. Similar lines for Fox, Falco and Wolf's Deflect
Quote:
Completely agreed, that's why I've used Fox majorly and Zelda(Shiek) from time to time. But then again, I don't think that applies to when I'm using Peach. I love using her hovering abilities. Amazing!

Oh yeah, I rarely press Down A for Peach, to grab the fruits from the ground. Lately I've been doing so and I've only once drew out bom-ombs as items. Well yesterday when I was playing, I was playing with NO ITEMS and I was just sitting back and throwing fruits at the CPU. Next thing you know, I see a Mr. Saturn thrown. And after a while, I drew out a Beam Sword. Peach definitely has her uses now that I know what she can do, rarely :X
Quote:
The knowledge is coming.. slowly, thats for sure, It's really hard to play on a keyboard, I needs to get me a controller for my computer and a better computer! But Ice-Climbers are awesome!!
I'd play the original Super Smash Bros more on the Project 64, if I had a controller myself, but I don't. *Sadface*

Last edited by Sector; May 11th, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Explanation
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:12 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Not having a controller makes it really difficult to play, I think I'm definitely going to have to go find one somewhere soon so I can continue playing!

Look guys I thought he was a guy then I saw his hair on a Kirby and was like.. Girl!?!?! I AM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW!

And his down b definitely does nothing. I havent been able to reflect.. ANYTHING. Its frustrating as well.

Also since when can Peach pick up fruit and throw them!?! Thats madness!! Thats basically cheating right there.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Sector

Quote:
And his down b definitely does nothing. I havent been able to reflect.. ANYTHING. Its frustrating as well.

Also since when can Peach pick up fruit and throw them!?! Thats madness!! Thats basically cheating right there.
Physical Attacks I should had mentioned. Have Ganondorf punch you and use Down+B right when he hits.

Just press Down+A to pick up the fruit..If that's cheating then the Ice Climbers freezing the enemy is cheating as well. Since Mr Freezie is actually an item itself hehe
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Better than banana trip lord, biker dude and king of vegetables.

Spoiler:
diddy, wario and olimar

Also the thing that makes Ice Climbers so good is that you're basically using two characters. You control the second character as well @ people who say they don't like relying on A.I.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Also the thing that makes Ice Climbers so good is that you're basically using two characters. You control the second character as well @ people who say they don't like relying on A.I.
Controling them or not, I still don't like them :X I already knew that too btw

I do prefer them 100% over Ness. I can't stand Ness at all.
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
ivan209
Beginning Trainer

Well the thing about Ice Climbers are unless they are a top level player they are pretty easy to read. Most Ice Climbers often the something I call the Ice Climber syndrome. They will run up to you shield and grab. What you do is bait the grab; basically you want to let them hold there shield till they drop it or just hit it with a move that is far enough away from them (example like ROB's F-tilt). They will usually try to go for a grab right after however they wont be able to reach you, so you punish. There advances are usually straightforward, such as dysnced blizzard/ice blocks or run up shield. So you should try to keep them away with a projectile or make sure you're fighting them on a stage with a platform.

Also if anyone would ever like to play some brawl let me know.
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:14 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome Ivan!
Are you a competitive player? Because it surely sounds like you are :O. Have you competed in any competitions?? Who do you main with?

Also I didnt know you could control both Ice climbers!! How do you do that!??! Someone please help out the newbie!
-cough- diddy is awesome -cough-

I agree with Sector though, Ness was only good in the first game xD Man was he boss in that though. So op.
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM
ivan209
Beginning Trainer

Thank you, and yes I'm a competitive player from the Las Vegas area. I do attend competitions, however I'm not that good yet. I usually go to the tournaments here in Vegas. Last month I went down to LA with a couple of other plays from here to play at the regional they were hosting there. I didn't make it out of pools though, however I got 4th in amateur bracket. My mains are Yoshi + ROB, and I side Falco/Snake (these two usually for wi-fi).

As for your Ice Climbers question the other one is controlled by your inputs, like a regular character. The only difference it that it takes time about .5 of a second after your initial input. So for example if you just jab with ICs you see how nana does her jab right after popo starts his. This is because she is doing the jab that you imputed just different timing. This is the key. You basically control both characters by essentially buffering everything you do.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Sector

Does anyone actually take screen shots?
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Sonicfan9988
Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥

Nature: Relaxed
Sometimes, depending on if it looks like a cool scene or not.

Credit for the Sonic and Pokemon X & Y heroine friendship icon goes to Lakia on the Bulbagarden forums and Nix-U on DeviantArt.

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa fanboy for life! The best video game characters ever!

I am now a moderator on the Romeo Sigs Forum! If you join, Sonic, Hilda & Rosa will be very happy!
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Does anyone actually take screen shots?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. And here are a few screenshots I made :D (with captions):

Spoiler:
Lucario vs Rayquaza:

Ganondorf kills Zelda (and Mario has to tell Link!):

A Wild Wobuffet Appeared!!

Snake Hates Pokeballs:

Actually I have more but since I'm too freaking lazy to upload more, I'll leave it up to this now xD
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:05 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Dragon some of your sceenies were entertaining to say the least. I didnt even know you could take scene shots, god Im a newbie still! How do you share the screenies once you take them though? Or do you just not share them at all?
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Well you can take screenshots by pausing the game then pressing the capture button xD
If you want to share some screenies, I believe you just have to insert an SD Card in the Wii, put the screenies in the SD Card, then put the SD Card to the computer and you have your pictures lol xD
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Katholic Nun

LMAO I love Ganon killing Zelda while Mario just watches and does nothing. Clearly if it's not Princess Peach he just doesn't give a crap. What a hero XD

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:54 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Well I don't think Ill be uploading any screenies like that! (My god mewtwos a pain to get in melee.) Though your screenies are very good as I've already said.

I do agree with Andy about Mario, everyone sees how it is, he only cares about one damsel in distress! I don't know how he can just watch and let ganondorf do that!
(Though if it was me controlling him I would probably just run straight past them and miss all my attacks anyway.) How did you even set those screenies up??
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

I've got plenty of screenshots that I could share.

One involves captain falcon walking in the air.
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Katholic Nun

Spino did you intend for that post to rhyme because that was amazing XD

There's something that's been bothering me recently. I don't think that the 3DS keypads are a great fit for Smash Bros. I could be wrong, but I feel like movement would be inhibited because the control system is weirdly spread out (being a handheld) and I'm worried it's going to ruin the entire game lol. Also, I'm not sure that 3D is going to be fantastic. I think it might confuse the process since it's such a fast-paced gaming format and that just adds another of eye-stinging optical illusion. Though I never use the 3D on my 3DS anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter since you can turn that off.

Any thoughts? Am I just being crazy?

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links