• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Pokemon World Tournament is something in B2/W2 that allows the trainer to battle old gym leaders and champions from other regions. It works similar to a battle facility where you battle single and double battles.

Do you like this newly implemented feature or not?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I wanna know more about why it exists tbh. I'm not really a fan of having to face all the older gym leaders, but if it's a post-game thing that kinda gives longevity to the games which is good compared to B/W which didn't really have that, so ya.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Yea, I was thinking that it was maybe to help add so more things to do in the game, most likely post game, which BW did lack.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This is great and really should be something special in the games... it'll give us more to do than Black and White, which just kind of dropped off after the story was complete.

Years
Really hoping Red (or Blue/Green/Leaf, that would be cool too) comes down from Mt. Silver and gets in on this too. Seems like something he would be interested in.

I love the idea, but I have a feeling that this will cause much rage-screaming @_@

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
It looks like an awesome idea. And for once, we actually have a legit tournament in the games (if you look in the scans, it actually has like a tourney board on there). Although it's kinda disappointing imo that they only have 3 pokemon each (speed up the tournament I guess) but it still looks like an amazing idea!

Years
I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT.

Since Ruby and Sapphire, this is precisely the thing I have been waiting for in a Pokemon game. I always felt they needed more continuity in the games, and while people argue (reasonably) that the Tohjo story ended in a satisfactory way in GSC/HGSS, I would have ADORED to be able to battle Gold and the Tohjo Gym Leaders/League. I liked RSE, but I was quite disappointed that there didn't seem to be any more relation between the games, or at least none of real significance.

The fact that these games are actually direct sequels AND that they're including loads of characters from the previous games is very nearly too much for me, and I'm vibrating with excitement as I type this. One thing I'm curious about is, however...

We know that B2W2 takes place two years after BW. And we know that BW must take place a few years after HGSS, because he's married a woman and has a son who must be at the very least 3 years old.
Yet the CoroCoro screens (or whatever) show the older characters in their original art- it's not new. In the case of Giovanni/Steven, it's their Gen 3 art, which is old. And the sprites for Lance and Blue are from HGSS. So I know that their appearance doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'm surprised they don't look even a little different, seeing as a few years has passed.

I imagine the tournament system will be a bit like the Battle Dome in Pokemon Emerald. Although instead of battling with just two Pokemon, you battle with 3 (going by the screens). I'd prefer to be able to battle with a full team, but that'd probably be overkill, seeing as how hard it can be to take down a Champion's team without items (as I'm assuming items will be banned).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I love it, I'm glad to see all the champs together ^_^. I hope Unova's get in on the action too...this kind of reminds me of the battle dome but with gym leaders and champs though that's a good thing imo ^_^

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
My only problem is how are they gonna top future Pokemon games? Will this only be of BW2 or will this be a staple in Pokemon games ?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Really hoping Red (or Blue/Green/Leaf, that would be cool too) comes down from Mt. Silver and gets in on this too. Seems like something he would be interested in.

I love the idea, but I have a feeling that this will cause much rage-screaming @_@
Nah, first of all, he's appeared in enough games as it is and I certainly don't want to see him again. Plus, he strikes me as more the type who'd rather stay parked on that mountain and not associate with others.

I would say "Yes" on Leaf (give my fave character an opportunity to appear in a game that she was denied back in HG/SS), but then there's the issue with bringing back any of the playable characters... how to decide what starter they have, and who's on their team. I'm just against reusing player characters as NPCs in general. I have been since G/S.

Not a fan of the 3 on 3 thing and never have been (Battle Tower/Frontier, Stadium games, etc.) You have six Pokemon, you should be able to use all six!

Otherwise, I'm pretty neutral on this idea, especially if it's going to be implemented as a Tower/Frontier type thing. While it would be nice to see some old familiar faces, there are others I could do without seeing, and IMO it's hard to justify everyone coming over to participate.

And I suppose Giovanni's no longer a wanted fugitive from justice if he's daring to show his face at this event? Hmmm, maybe he has paid his debt to society.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I wasn't surprised to see that nobody had voted "No!" It's an excellent feature which revives all the older gym leaders & champions and brings them into an up-to-date game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Red appearing would be nice, I would like the rival appear though...bring in Silver, Wally, and Pearl into the fun! Maybe Cheren, Bianca and N will appear...
I mentioned this in the character thread but how will the battle with Lisa and Tate work out? Will the match all of a sudden turn into a doubles?

blue

gucci
Years
Well, so far there have been no Hoenn leaders mentioned which may mean that they wont appear or only a few will appear and have yet to be revealed, I don't think every leader/champion will return but just a vast majority.

Years
Yet the CoroCoro screens (or whatever) show the older characters in their original art- it's not new. In the case of Giovanni/Steven, it's their Gen 3 art, which is old. And the sprites for Lance and Blue are from HGSS. So I know that their appearance doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'm surprised they don't look even a little different, seeing as a few years has passed.

The artwork could very well just be filler. Giovanni, Steven, and the Hoenn leaders are due for new artwork, anyway.

Well, so far there have been no Hoenn leaders mentioned which may mean that they wont appear or only a few will appear and have yet to be revealed, I don't think every leader/champion will return but just a vast majority.

We don't have any confirmed Johto leaders, either. In fact, the only confirmed leader not from Kanto is Volkner. I still think that every leader and champion will appear, though,.

blue

gucci
Years
True, I love the fact that Giovanni is returning, as much as I didn't expect it we haven't seen him in some time.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
More than anything, I'm excited for the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Champion. They finally receive updated in-game sprite poses. The others....not as ecstatic but still awesome nonetheless.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well I wanna know more about why it exists tbh. I'm not really a fan of having to face all the older gym leaders, but if it's a post-game thing that kinda gives longevity to the games which is good compared to B/W which didn't really have that, so ya.
It all seems really interesting, but I agree with this. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the feature yet, but I am excited to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back