The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
Pokemon World Tournament is something in B2/W2 that allows the trainer to battle old gym leaders and champions from other regions. It works similar to a battle facility where you battle single and double battles.

Do you like this newly implemented feature or not?

Last edited by Reshiram Man; May 13th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Well I wanna know more about why it exists tbh. I'm not really a fan of having to face all the older gym leaders, but if it's a post-game thing that kinda gives longevity to the games which is good compared to B/W which didn't really have that, so ya.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Yea, I was thinking that it was maybe to help add so more things to do in the game, most likely post game, which BW did lack.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
I love it. It really is a good idea tbh.
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
This is great and really should be something special in the games... it'll give us more to do than Black and White, which just kind of dropped off after the story was complete.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Really hoping Red (or Blue/Green/Leaf, that would be cool too) comes down from Mt. Silver and gets in on this too. Seems like something he would be interested in.

I love the idea, but I have a feeling that this will cause much rage-screaming @_@

Old May 12th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
It looks like an awesome idea. And for once, we actually have a legit tournament in the games (if you look in the scans, it actually has like a tourney board on there). Although it's kinda disappointing imo that they only have 3 pokemon each (speed up the tournament I guess) but it still looks like an amazing idea!
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT.

Since Ruby and Sapphire, this is precisely the thing I have been waiting for in a Pokemon game. I always felt they needed more continuity in the games, and while people argue (reasonably) that the Tohjo story ended in a satisfactory way in GSC/HGSS, I would have ADORED to be able to battle Gold and the Tohjo Gym Leaders/League. I liked RSE, but I was quite disappointed that there didn't seem to be any more relation between the games, or at least none of real significance.

The fact that these games are actually direct sequels AND that they're including loads of characters from the previous games is very nearly too much for me, and I'm vibrating with excitement as I type this. One thing I'm curious about is, however...

We know that B2W2 takes place two years after BW. And we know that BW must take place a few years after HGSS, because he's married a woman and has a son who must be at the very least 3 years old.
Yet the CoroCoro screens (or whatever) show the older characters in their original art- it's not new. In the case of Giovanni/Steven, it's their Gen 3 art, which is old. And the sprites for Lance and Blue are from HGSS. So I know that their appearance doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'm surprised they don't look even a little different, seeing as a few years has passed.

I imagine the tournament system will be a bit like the Battle Dome in Pokemon Emerald. Although instead of battling with just two Pokemon, you battle with 3 (going by the screens). I'd prefer to be able to battle with a full team, but that'd probably be overkill, seeing as how hard it can be to take down a Champion's team without items (as I'm assuming items will be banned).

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:22 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I love it, I'm glad to see all the champs together . I hope Unova's get in on the action too...this kind of reminds me of the battle dome but with gym leaders and champs though that's a good thing imo
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
My only problem is how are they gonna top future Pokemon games? Will this only be of BW2 or will this be a staple in Pokemon games ?
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Scorpiopt

I am all for it and i wonder why has not been made sooner :D

Old May 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
Really hoping Red (or Blue/Green/Leaf, that would be cool too) comes down from Mt. Silver and gets in on this too. Seems like something he would be interested in.

I love the idea, but I have a feeling that this will cause much rage-screaming @_@
Nah, first of all, he's appeared in enough games as it is and I certainly don't want to see him again. Plus, he strikes me as more the type who'd rather stay parked on that mountain and not associate with others.

I would say "Yes" on Leaf (give my fave character an opportunity to appear in a game that she was denied back in HG/SS), but then there's the issue with bringing back any of the playable characters... how to decide what starter they have, and who's on their team. I'm just against reusing player characters as NPCs in general. I have been since G/S.

Not a fan of the 3 on 3 thing and never have been (Battle Tower/Frontier, Stadium games, etc.) You have six Pokemon, you should be able to use all six!

Otherwise, I'm pretty neutral on this idea, especially if it's going to be implemented as a Tower/Frontier type thing. While it would be nice to see some old familiar faces, there are others I could do without seeing, and IMO it's hard to justify everyone coming over to participate.

And I suppose Giovanni's no longer a wanted fugitive from justice if he's daring to show his face at this event? Hmmm, maybe he has paid his debt to society.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

Last edited by Elite Overlord LeSabre™; May 12th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I wasn't surprised to see that nobody had voted "No!" It's an excellent feature which revives all the older gym leaders & champions and brings them into an up-to-date game.

Old May 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Red appearing would be nice, I would like the rival appear though...bring in Silver, Wally, and Pearl into the fun! Maybe Cheren, Bianca and N will appear...
I mentioned this in the character thread but how will the battle with Lisa and Tate work out? Will the match all of a sudden turn into a doubles?
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Well, so far there have been no Hoenn leaders mentioned which may mean that they wont appear or only a few will appear and have yet to be revealed, I don't think every leader/champion will return but just a vast majority.

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Yet the CoroCoro screens (or whatever) show the older characters in their original art- it's not new. In the case of Giovanni/Steven, it's their Gen 3 art, which is old. And the sprites for Lance and Blue are from HGSS. So I know that their appearance doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'm surprised they don't look even a little different, seeing as a few years has passed.
The artwork could very well just be filler. Giovanni, Steven, and the Hoenn leaders are due for new artwork, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Well, so far there have been no Hoenn leaders mentioned which may mean that they wont appear or only a few will appear and have yet to be revealed, I don't think every leader/champion will return but just a vast majority.
We don't have any confirmed Johto leaders, either. In fact, the only confirmed leader not from Kanto is Volkner. I still think that every leader and champion will appear, though,.

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

True, I love the fact that Giovanni is returning, as much as I didn't expect it we haven't seen him in some time.

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
More than anything, I'm excited for the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Champion. They finally receive updated in-game sprite poses. The others....not as ecstatic but still awesome nonetheless.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well I wanna know more about why it exists tbh. I'm not really a fan of having to face all the older gym leaders, but if it's a post-game thing that kinda gives longevity to the games which is good compared to B/W which didn't really have that, so ya.
It all seems really interesting, but I agree with this. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the feature yet, but I am excited to try it out!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
What real Pokemon fan wouldn't like this?
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Man I love this idea so much. It's about time they had a tournament element in the Pokemon games! And mixing it with being able to fight all the old gym leaders is just... wow. I'm buzzing for this new game, literally cannot wait after seeing this. x] I hope you have an option of watching their battles too; it'd be really interesting to see a battle like Janine vs Pryce. The two types would compliment each other well for a long saturated battle.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Man I love this idea so much. It's about time they had a tournament element in the Pokemon games! And mixing it with being able to fight all the old gym leaders is just... wow. I'm buzzing for this new game, literally cannot wait after seeing this. x] I hope you have an option of watching their battles too; it'd be really interesting to see a battle like Janine vs Pryce. The two types would compliment each other well for a long saturated battle.
Oh Gym Leader VS Gym Leader, yeah I would really want to see that. I'm just glad that GameFreak are bringing in new features into games, and not just the generic things we expect; because who would expect this at all, even?

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi-San View Post
We don't have any confirmed Johto leaders, either. In fact, the only confirmed leader not from Kanto is Volkner. I still think that every leader and champion will appear, though,.
Well maybe they may end up skipping Johto because it's not entirely the parallel of the Unova region and Hoenn because it's too far away, leaving you with just Sinnoh/Kanto... oh God how boring.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Steven is the Champion from Hoenn so there is a Hoenn trainer that shows up, and Janine being there is a Johto relation as Janine wasn't a Gym Leader in the Kanto Series games.

I can see them bringing Red in since he is the Master champion in GSCHGSS and Blue is both a Champion and Gym Leader. They only list a few so we may not even have the full list yet. Maybe the Tournament randomizes which Gym Leader/Champions you fight.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links