The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
*Raises hand* I'm a boy...well biologically speaking. Mentality not so sure. Yet I do suppot the adorable and sexy boys. Ok I'm shutting up now.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraCoraNekaku View Post
*Raises hand* I'm a boy...well biologically speaking. Mentality not so sure. Yet I do suppot the adorable and sexy boys. Ok I'm shutting up now.
I am automatically distracted by the Akuroku. or Soriku. or anything really, as long as they're pretty. asdfjkl does this make me a bad person.

Quote:
Ok, I check this thread after weeks of forgeting, and I find 2 pages filled with mostly fangirl text-walls xp
-corner of despair omg

Quote:
Anyway, today's my b-day! Decided to get a 3ds instead of waiting till the end of summer for to get it along w/ kh3d
Happy B-day! yaaaaaaaaaay 3DS. I got mine like the instant that KH3D was announced, lol. But I also got it for the eventual Animal Crossing game and also Kid Icarus but all this is off topic omg

Quote:
Yeah so much more blood! Im going to have to re-watch it for sure.
I was going "omg can he survive losing this much blood" and then I remembered that he's essentially a super soldier and then I lol'd.

Quote:
Spoiler: Advent Children
Spoiler:
Best thing for me is that I hadnt play FF7 beforehand so watching Tifa fight that guy I was like.. shes quick! And when Zack and Aerith reject Cloud from the life stream xD. Ugh I love it so much!
spoiler: Advent Children

Spoiler:
omg omg and then in ACC she gets another fight scene and i was like "HELL YES TIFAAAAAAA" and Aerith's all "This one's too big to adopt." and Zack goes "Sorry buddy. I guess there's no place for you here." or something like that and I was dying, okay asdfjkl zaaaaaack and aerrrrrrrith ;____;

Quote:
Yeah I didnt lvl up enough to fight in him KH2 but in KH1 I could barely knock 3 health bars from him before he ripped me to shreds, he was impossible!!
I think that I am in fact at the maximum level in KHII is it 99 or 100? Can't remember so it's totes easy to beat anything asdfjkl. as for KHI I really don't remember fighting Sephiroth and I think I would remember fighting Sephiroth am i right so I can't speak for that.

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old May 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

I orgasmed at seeing Cloud and Sephy in AC. Such amazing animation.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

@CoraCora,
Please post relevant things when replying in Other Clubs, Try and make your post at least close to being on topic.
But yes the animation in ACC is amazing. Also do try and keep it clean if possible.

@Sakura
Yeah thats what they said! It was cute, Cloud was all like DAWWWW.
ACC Spoiler
Spoiler:

When they are fighting the big beast and everyones like we cant do it, but cloud can! And they all used awesome team work to get him up there to cut it up. That was awesome.

Oh rly? Well thats just cheating! He's still pretty tough though isnt he?
In KHI he's at the Colosseum and is just a beast from hell.

Also.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bro! I hope you enjoy your 3DS and get some mad enjoyment out of KH3D!!
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
@CoraCora,
Please post relevant things when replying in Other Clubs, Try and make your post at least close to being on topic.
But yes the animation in ACC is amazing. Also do try and keep it clean if possible.

@Sakura
Yeah thats what they said! It was cute, Cloud was all like DAWWWW.
ACC Spoiler
Spoiler:

When they are fighting the big beast and everyones like we cant do it, but cloud can! And they all used awesome team work to get him up there to cut it up. That was awesome.

Oh rly? Well thats just cheating! He's still pretty tough though isnt he?
In KHI he's at the Colosseum and is just a beast from hell.

Also.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bro! I hope you enjoy your 3DS and get some mad enjoyment out of KH3D!!

Wait thought my post was relevant since people were talking about Advent Children.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wait thought my post was relevant since people were talking about Advent Children.
I was talking about the first one about being a male..?

The other one was better, definitely agree with the amazing animation, does remind me a lot of the cut scenes from the newer games though!
They should totally just take all the cut scenes from newer games and turn it into like a movie, they wouldnt even have to add all that much to make it tie together!!
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I was talking about the first one about being a male..?

The other one was better, definitely agree with the amazing animation, does remind me a lot of the cut scenes from the newer games though!
They should totally just take all the cut scenes from newer games and turn it into like a movie, they wouldnt even have to add all that much to make it tie together!!
Oh I was just saying that since the other person was talking about fangirling so I was just replying to that I do it but I'm not a girl...

Edited Noticed I posted that as a new post not a reply.
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:44 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Lemme ask y'all a question.
Do you think SE gonna add anything new to the US version of KH3D like they did in Kh1, and KHBBS?

To me, Im not so sure I dont think they wont unless it is a new secret boss to a new KH game or so. Tbh, I hope there isnt a Final mix of the game mainly it isnt a main game its like CoM, if they do anything with KH3D it might be a RE, or something, and Nomura did say he has no plans for it at the moment, and he seems more focus on maybe the "mystery KH game" or the 10th anniversary for NA, EU. etc. Also there is FFVersus13. I just hope Kh3 comes out soon, I mean I love all these KH games, but
Spoiler:
I want to see Xehanort to go down.
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Also, Destiny Demon could the opening post be changed to either make open questions or include a FF question? I had to rewrite these for my application.

Talking about these.
Spoiler:

What is your favourite series made by Square-Enix?
Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?
What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
What two Keyblades would you double wield?
What would you name the Keyblade of Master Xehanort himself?
What new Disney worlds do you hope will be introduced in KH3D?
What is your favourite Kingdom Hearts game and why?
If you could play as any KH villain (or, in some cases, allies), who would it be?
I almost overlooked this. x_x

Anyways, I agree with you, so I discarded them with a simple one just for starters. :)
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post
Do you think SE gonna add anything new to the US version of KH3D like they did in Kh1, and KHBBS?

To me, Im not so sure I dont think they wont unless it is a new secret boss to a new KH game or so. Tbh, I hope there isnt a Final mix of the game mainly it isnt a main game its like CoM, if they do anything with KH3D it might be a RE, or something, and Nomura did say he has no plans for it at the moment, and he seems more focus on maybe the "mystery KH game" or the 10th anniversary for NA, EU. etc. Also there is FFVersus13. I just hope Kh3 comes out soon, I mean I love all these KH games, but
Spoiler:
Wait.. WHAT?! They add new stuff to the english release!? My God why did I not know this! What did they add in Kh1 and KHBBS??? I must knowwwwwwwww!
Do you think KH3 will be multi console??

Also I think thats a much better question Destiny Not so bias anymore which is good xD

Also why not put a Square enix banner instead of the KH one, something like this maybe?

Square Enix Banner

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; May 11th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:47 AM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

New as in pre order stuff or game stuff? I know we got a Ventus thingy from GS for BBS
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:23 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I meant ingame stuff but I thought that was pretty well implied with how I wrote mine and by replying to コナンくん post in a quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:25 AM
CoraCoraNekaku
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I meant ingame stuff but I thought that was pretty well implied with how I wrote mine and by replying to コナンくん post in a quote
Well sorry...I just woke up when I replied..
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Don't worry! I didnt mean to come off like that. But do you know what extra stuff they added to the USA releases off KH??
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wait.. WHAT?! They add new stuff to the english release!? My God why did I not know this! What did they add in Kh1 and KHBBS??? I must knowwwwwwwww!
Do you think KH3 will be multi console??
KH1 NA - Sephiroth Fight, Phantom Fight, and Kurt Zisa fight. (I think that is all it)

KhBBS - Mysterious Figure Fight, New Keyblades, New D-Link "Pete", Critical Mode, New Songs on the Ice Cream Beat, Crown Stickers.

Mainly cause of these adds on the game they created Final Mix (thought Final Mix has a few other adds too that we didnt get), KH2FM was created cause they wanted to bundle it up with Re:CoM and the thought it would of sold more with Re:CoM cause KH2FM had alot of adds but they thought they wanted a 3D adaption of KHCoM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:

KH1 NA - Sephiroth Fight, Phantom Fight, and Kurt Zisa fight. (I think that is all it)

KhBBS - Mysterious Figure Fight, New Keyblades, New D-Link "Pete", Critical Mode, New Songs on the Ice Cream Beat, Crown Stickers.

Mainly cause of these adds on the game they created Final Mix (thought Final Mix has a few other adds too that we didnt get), KH2FM was created cause they wanted to bundle it up with Re:CoM and the thought it would of sold more with Re:CoM cause KH2FM had alot of adds but they thought they wanted a 3D adaption of KHCoM.
Oh I really didnt know none of that was in the japanese release. I guess its lucky in a way that I've only played the english version then considering I get a more complete experience straight up I guess I could say.
Did you like that they did that or not?
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh I really didnt know none of that was in the japanese release. I guess its lucky in a way that I've only played the english version then considering I get a more complete experience straight up I guess I could say.
Did you like that they did that or not?
Yes I liked it. But considering that they did this, Japan whine and moan about the extra in KH1, and tadah! Final Mix raised to the occasion for fans in Japan, which made America all sad cause they want to fight Unknown, and get the extra keyblades and scenes.

EDIT: Kingdom Hearts 3D English trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv7TtGC0cVE

Last edited by ソラ; May 14th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Riku
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
lol. I posted this to my blog a minute ago and came to drop it here too, but ya beat me to it =b

As I said in my blog, I love Gallagher's take on YMX. A little flatter and emotionless than I expected, but me likey. Also soooo glad they got the Tron: Legacy cast to reprise their roles for the game.

Old May 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

My god that looks amazing! (I like Riku with long hair better though.) Mickey is defs the best though. Its making me keen to buy a 3DS! UGH I dont have the money to do that. Definitely looks incredible.. might just youtube the cutscenes instead. Thatll be fulfilling enough if I cant play it I'm sure!!
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That trailer looks awesome, though I do wish that the mouth movements matched the voice acting...they're off...
I feel like these are going to be a long two months, oh well at least I got B2W2 news.
Also what's taking Versus so long...
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That trailer looks awesome, though I do wish that the mouth movements matched the voice acting...they're off...
I feel like these are going to be a long two months, oh well at least I got B2W2 news.

I was going to comment on that as well but thought I was just seeing things! Maybe it was just bad syncing in the trailer and they'll fix it for the official release? Well at least I hope they do..
Why dont you play through all the games in the lead up to it so the story and such is fresh in your mind! someone should totally do this..Lightning...Sakura...
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand Alone View Post
lol. I posted this to my blog a minute ago and came to drop it here too, but ya beat me to it =b

As I said in my blog, I love Gallagher's take on YMX. A little flatter and emotionless than I expected, but me likey. Also soooo glad they got the Tron: Legacy cast to reprise their roles for the game.
Is it really Gallagher doing YMX in KH3D? I really think he was just referring to that one liner in BBS that was spoken, i.e. "This world is just too small."

But I do like YMX's voice here either way. And regarding the Tron: Legacy cast, I still hate how emotionless the old guy (Kevin Flynn) was in the trailer when he said he never saw the Keyblade. It's as if he didn't care about it at all, haha.

Quote:
My god that looks amazing! (I like Riku with long hair better though.) Mickey is defs the best though. Its making me keen to buy a 3DS! UGH I dont have the money to do that. Definitely looks incredible.. might just youtube the cutscenes instead. Thatll be fulfilling enough if I cant play it I'm sure!!
Actually warming up with short-haired Riku now, although his KHII form with the short hair admittedly still looks awkward. And yeah, I love how Bret Iwan keeps improving by each release. I hope he soon becomes on par with Tony Anselmo and Bill Farmer in the career!

Quote:
The mouth movements are actually already tweaked. I think the video was just edited badly, although I'm not entirely sure about that. Aye, I'm relying on B2/W2 for fulfillment in waiting for these upcoming must-have titles.

Versus was just delayed from all the other KH and FF titles SE recently released. I'm almost sure we'll be reacquainted with Noctis and his gang quite soon, E3 2012 to be exact.

Quote:
I was going to comment on that as well but thought I was just seeing things! Maybe it was just bad syncing in the trailer and they'll fix it for the official release? Well at least I hope they do..
Why dont you play through all the games in the lead up to it so the story and such is fresh in your mind! someone should totally do this..Lightning...Sakura...
Yeah, that was I was thinking. The story not being fresh doesn't bother me that much, probably because I'm already too much of a KH freak, wait, scratch that. You all know of the in-game function that addresses the continuity lock-out, right? That will help, I'm sure.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

oh my god I put this off because I was having trouble getting my thoughts about a certain part down and then the posts kept building up and then I had no time to write this reply on the weekend and AAAH now this will take me forever. ;_; Here we go.

I’m formatting this by topic since I thought that worked really well that last time Cid had a ton of stuff to catch up on. XD;

KINGDOM HEARTS

Vanitas
spoiler: Days, BBS, 3D
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
spoilers for: KH3D, BBS and Days
I actually was under the impression that Vanitas immediately approached Xehanort (inside Terranort) when he was defeated by Ven in his final battle. Kinda parallel to Ven approaching kid!Sora and taking rest in his heart. I dunno, maybe that's why he appeared beside YMX for a split second when he was talking to Sora (which was also shown in the trailers either as first or last segments for two of those).

Actually that brings me to a point, when KH3D was not yet released in Japan, I saw YMX (which sort of represents Xehanort) as a parallel to Sora, and he kinda pointed it out in that scene, or at least that's what I got out of their conversation. They sort of both harbor many hearts within them, like Ven, Roxas and Xion in Sora while there's Terra (I think) and Vanitas in Xehanort. Is that point even significant in the actual game though? Or in the future of the series?
My only issue with that is that is that we actually see inside Terranort's heart in BBS's secret ending. I think it was the secret one... where Terra and MX are staring each other down, arguing over who will inevitably take control of the body? They also imply Eraqus is there, I think, so I can definitely see the parallels to Sora what with taking in people in need but... I don't remember Vanitas ever being there or even hinted at. It would certainly make more sense than Sora at that point.

But. Vanitas looks just like Sora. I'm pretty sure when MX split Ven and Vanitas in the first place, both of their hearts (? does Vanitas have one? whatever, his equivalent, I mean) were shattered and incomplete. It was Sora who shared his heart with Ven so that Ven didn't die, and I assumed that accidentally spread over to Vanitas too which is why he looks like Sora. I can't really think of another explanation for it, unless he's some sort of reflection like Xion was supposed to be and can take on different appearances but then why would he take on Sora's?

I think it's significant that Terranort/Xehanort/WHOEVER harbours hearts as well. It doesn't really come up in 3D but I think it'll be a thing eventually. (If it did come up in 3D, it went totally over my head. Which is quite possible--those kinds of things are pretty deep and always got me a bit confused in the other games when I played them in Japanese. xD) When Vanitas appears to Sora, Nomura said in a Famitsu interview this week that he only takes form because he's reacting with Ven's heart. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean and I think he was being intentionally vague about it. He said otherwise, Vanitas has no form. :s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Rain View Post
I seem to recall Vanitas saying they could use Aqua as a back-up plan. am i the only one who wants Vanitas to get lost somewhere and be promptly mauled by wild dogs asdfjkl. but the problem would be finding someone with a heart of pure darkness. Idk, would Vanitas still live if Ven died? I really hope that he would die omg but I don't want Ven to die either asdfjkl.
I think they just needed a Keyblade Wielder so if Terra didn’t pan out, they’d use her, but I don’t think she was ever all that viable. She never had any traces of darkness in her like Terra did, so it would be soooo much more work to break her instead. I think MX would’ve just gone ahead with the 13 Darknesses thing instead of whatever he was doing in BBS. I think Ven and Vanitas are tied together, though. They were separated but they still share the same heart is what I’m thinking… which is why Ven told Terra and Aqua to kill him when they were all together in Keyblade Graveyard and why he had to take Vanitas on in his heart at the end of his story.
Quote:
Well, my love for Ven sort of prevents me from having any sort of feelings besides rage toward Vanitas. First time I was playing BbS I was thinking "ohgod he's going to be another Riku Replica" and SUDDENLY EVIL SORA and I was like "LSKDHFSD:KLFDJGKDSFJDSGKSDF:JSKDGLHDFKJ WHAT
I thought he was gonna be another Riku Replica-type too and then all the way through Terra’s story kept going “OMG WHY DOES HE SOUND SO MUCH LIKE SORA.” Thankfully, I did not pay attention during the credits when Sora’s VA came up as Vanitas’s so I don’t think I was spoilt for that. XD; It was more an “ohhhh THAT’S whose voice it was!” when he was finally de-masked.
Why Do All The Characters Suck At Remembering Past Events
spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded, 3D
Spoiler:
Quote:
Right, Ven telling her wouldn't have made much sense. He knew nothing about what happened to Terra and Aqua. Your explanation makes more sense, actually, with her powers and all, and if this is the case, I think only Naminé knew about TAV. I don't even think DiZ was in Re:Coded. But yes, it is a shame this had to pave way for a sub-par game, maybe Naminé knew she had no other way of meeting Sora and simply imitated the "Thank Naminé" note to inform her because she couldn't think of anything better, haha. And it's part of KH-- messing with in-betweens and pasts to cause plotholes like that. Maybe King Mickey and Yen Sid were waiting for the right time? I mean in Re:Coded's secret ending they seemed really intentionally secretive on discussing the whereabouts of TAV, maybe they thought Sora would be too reckless and get killed trying to save Aqua and co.
If DiZ wasn't literally in Re:Coded (ie, in the journal), then it's only because he chose not to be. Inserting the data into Jiminy's Journal was his idea, I'm pretty sure. He mentions the data insertion when he's standing on the beach in Sora's heart with Riku at the end of 3D. (That is SUCH a weird sentence.) But maybe I'm mixing things up? 'Cause I can't think of why he'd know what message to tell Namine unless he managed to dig something up about TAV. :/ Unless Namine found links in Sora's memories to them and told him about it. I imagine he probably wanted regular reports about how the rebuilding of Sora's memories was doing. (It just occurred to me now that I've been saying Sora's heart got broken+rearranged in COM all this time... I've actually meant memories every time. That's exciting. More on that later!) But Coded was really confusing, now that I think about it. The journal took Riku's form, Roxas was there, Namine was there being more omnipotent than usual... x_X; I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of really important details from this game. I need to do a canon refresh on it, ugggh.

Also, okay, I can see why they'd hide things from Sora then. He would just bolt out the door to go save them the moment he found out they were potentially in danger or something. And he'd probably come running in 10 minutes later "...wait... where are they!?"

Quote:
Or maybe that first scene in KH3D is when all his memories came back. Idk, has it ever been officially stated that Apprentice Xehanort was in fact faking amnesia?

See, that's what I thought too. I was looking at all the Nortys and I thought "...wait a minute. Where's Terranort?" I thought that maybe he might have been sent somewhere else. Like he's Organization Norteen's secret weapon, of sorts, and maybe they're like hiding him? OR MAYBE THEY SENT HIM TO KILL THE LINGERING SENTIMENT OMG. well can you kill that thing though? I think it's just Terra's mind and memories and HATRED so idk how you would go about killing it. :/
It’s never been stated anywhere, no. That’s why I’ve always been so confused on the matter. Depending when/if he knows who he is and what he’s done and what he wants to do, it really changes how the series is viewed. If he knows from the start and leaves Braig in the dark about everything right up until the moment he takes his heart, then he’s a lot more cunning than everyone else in the series assumes. If he only remembered who he was as the Apprentices started losing their Hearts to become Nobodies, he doesn’t seem quite as threatening. Definitely a threat of sorts, yes, but it also means he’s vulnerable to losing control and that’s important.

I doubt anyone remembers that LS is even around. Since Sora so forgot to tell an adult.

sdklfjuslkdjfljesl efSLKFJDSKLFS ORGANIZATION NORTEEN. /dead

spoiler: Days, BBS
Spoiler:
Quote:
Yeah I love Xemnas for that. Except he is pretty awful for eventually doing all the manipulation and stuff, especially for turning Xion against Roxas in that one touching fight which should have really acted as the actual final boss of Days. He's still the most tame 'Nort IMO.
I think Xemnas is probably the Terranort with the most memories of Terra in him. He remembers Aqua and refers to her as a “friend” during KH2FM when he visits her armour in Radiant Garden. He’s concerned with finding Ven in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel there. The only thing that weirds me out about this assumption is that Xemnas specifically sees Xion as Sora. You’d think he’d see her as Ven like Xigbar does since if he’s got more of Terra’s memories than the other ‘Norts, wouldn’t Ven be his closest connection to Sora? :s
Quote:
;______________; but you know this series is known for throwing curveballs lol the entirety of KH3D so...I mean, even if Xigbar/Braig doesn't know where he is, Xehanort's awfully clever and he might figure out some way to locate Ven. look I don't want this to happen either but it might since Xehanort is a complete monster omg asdfjkl
Actually, I guess Xehanort/Xemnas must know that Ven’s in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel to look for the room he’s in in Days. But how does he know? It’s stated somewhere that Xemnas found C.O. and took it as another base… was he looking for Land of Departure because he figured that’s where Aqua would have left Ven? :/ Only explanation I can think of. Which then brings back the “how much did Xehanort (+ others) remember?” thing.

spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:
Quote:
um um um. I think they're just throwing guesses out there because unless Mickey and/or Yen Sid turned into the Kool-Aid man and busted through CO, they're not any closer to finding Ven's body. And maybe for his heart...um...Mickey noticed how similar Sora and Ven are? They have a lot of the same mannerisms, they're both friendship freaks, etc...idk it just seems like a lot of wild guessing to me.

XDDDDDDD I JUST LOVE THAT IN YOUR HEADCANON WHENEVER VEN'S ANGRY WITH SOMEONE HE SAYS "YOU CAN'T CALL ME VEN ANYMORE" AND I IMAGINE HIM SAYING THIS WITH HIS ~DEATH GLARE OMG~ KAFJ;SDLKFDHLKJKJGDKL SWEETHEART what what what. ven totes needs to be in the princess dress because he is a princess am i right

Yes, that's right before the big fight scene at LoD and I am attempting to refrain from ranting about Eraqus because I've already done it in VMs, asdfjkl. And seriously Donald and Goofy you both are being stupid don't you remember the sleeping boy who looks exactly like roxas and the nice lady with blue hair asdfjkl. omg TOTES HEADCANON NAMI YOU DONE SCREWED UP LOL'ING FOREVER
They’re similar but… they aren’t that similar. I mean, they have similar personalities but they don’t look alike and it seems really weird to assume that Ven’s with Sora after like 10 years of probably not thinking about him much. :s

There was definitely a death glare! (Although with Ven, it’s not much of a death glare, it’s more of a pout glare.) That’s pretty much Namine’s line of thought! Aqua was not so keen on it though. :(

Yeah so… no excuse for them, I think. XD Everyone else, they would have met him (and the others) so briefly that it wouldn’t leave much of an impression but I find it hard to believe they’d totally forget everything about Ven. Must’ve been Namine.

spoiler: BBS
Spoiler:
Quote:
Still counting on Nomura to give Aqua the great role of restoring Ven!
She promised she wouldn’t go get him until she could bring Terra back to wake him up with her. She doesn’t break her promises. ;~;
358/2 Days
spoiler: Days
Spoiler:
Quote:
That is a prime example of how many wasted plotlines, short events and directions they could've taken for Days but just didn't. I wish they allowed more headcanon into Days, not much time in between the illustrated days within the game to place events that one would have like to happen, like what you just described. I really wished that happened. But since it didn't and I can't convince myself to think it did, I don't like Roxas being paired with Naminé.
Days kind of confuses me because it's not like they ran out of time or anything. Because of the game mechanics, you'd do something like 3-4 days in a row based on what missions you took on, and that way they let you do things in your own order to some extent. So for those, it makes sense that nothing important would happen in-between those days because it could potentially mess with who was around for missions that you left for later and whatnot but... there's no excuse for when it skips ahead 20-30 days every so often. Even I wouldn't want to do that many daily missions but they didn't all have to be Organization missions. :/ There was plenty of room timeline-wise to do things, they just skipped out on it. Maybe the DS cartridge was already packed to the brim and they honestly couldn't fit anything else in (I might have heard something to this effect--it could also explain why they never released an FM for it... since no extra content would fit anyway) but... I dunno. It really does feel like they missed out on a lot of things that could have explained more in KH2 or given more throwbacks to BBS or something.

Spoiler:
Quote:
hun are you just now figuring that out XD jkjk. So basically, Axel's journal entry on Roxas and girls is this

So I was thinking about this the other day. Saix and most of the Organization see Xion with her hood up, right? So if her hood were to be removed in front of them, from their point of view...what would they see? Black-haired Kairi? Roxas? Ven? Nothing? i just asdfjkl.
w-well, I was coming up with this awesome theory about why he was overthrowing the Org and was reading the journal entry to see if it could help me… and pretty much all it says is “why did Axel kill Vexen??” Marluxia, he killed him because you ordered him to you idiot WHY DO YOU THINK. >:( It made me drop my theory because if he can’t get his head around that, there’s no way he’s smart enough to have come up with what I was thinking fml. XD

Lmao Axel. ;_; You are so inappropriate.

Yeah, the Org sees Xion with her hood up. I don’t think they can see her as anything else since I’m not sure the hood is really a hood. That makes no sense but like… I remember the scene right before Xion and Axel become friends where all three of them are up on the Clock Tower and every time the scene shows just her and Roxas, her hood is down, but if the scene shows all three of them, the hood is up. She’s not taking it on and off just because she trusts Roxas to let him see her face… Axel is just literally seeing her with the hood on no matter what. So I don’t think taking the hood off would even be possible for a lot of people because it’s not even there, necessarily. They just see it regardless. But if it can be done, my guess is she probably just looks like Sora (who she is supposed to be a doll based on) or some featureless doll.

Quote:
Hahaha that picture! But yes Days made me pity Axel much more than how the cutscenes depicted him. It's actually his thoughts there, and to see him even as a Nobody get that much development, whoa. Oh yeah that reminds me, THIS CUTSCENE. Most emotion in a single cutscene ever. Especially the last few rage/sadness lines from Axel. So much respect for him there.

I think it's going to be an inception scene, haha. Either they can't take off the hood, or if they do they see another hood, and then another. Makes more sense though if they see Roxas/Ven's face, but I guess black-haired Kairi would be less mindblowing.
Awwwwww, Axel! ;_; That scene. And Xion trying so hard to not sound emotional too. ;_; *pets them both*

Inifinite hoods is kind of the greatest idea ever. This is my new headcanon. Way better than what I said.
3D
spoiler: I'm going to assume anyone who's spoilt themselves for 3D also knows the rest of the series' plot. EVERYTHING.
Spoiler:
(spoiler-ception!)

Nobodies & Hearts
Spoiler:
Quote:
I still don't completely understand this bit they added with the Nobodies in KH3D. Do they actually suggest that Nobodies grow their own hearts? So restored people like Lea get to have two hearts or just one combined heart? Or do they slowly sap away from the old heart in their Heartless when they connect and bond and stuff? So confusing.
Okay, so here's where that thing I said about memories and hearts gets interesting.

We've always been told that Nobodies are without hearts, because their hearts were forcibly removed and now inhabit a Heartless somewhere. Because they lack hearts, they also lack feelings and empathy and all those corny things that are associated with emotion. This is a really confusing definition though because it's pretty clear by the end of COM/Days/KH2 that some of the Nobodies show clear signs of emotion--Namine is seen crying as Sora falls asleep at the end of COM, Xion cries in Days, I think Roxas cries in Days (and doesn't understand what tears are xD), and Axel is shown crying just before he fades away in KH2FM when they add the extra scene at the top of the Clock Tower in Twilight Town. (...they also have happytimes but crying is a more difficult emotion to fake, I'll say. XD) You could even argue that other Nobodies, like Demyx, Larxene, or Vexen, show emotion before they die--they were both in a state of disbelief or panic as they faded, compared to others who didn't really seem to to be too distressed about it (Xemnas, Marluxia, Saix).

3D gives the explanation for that: Nobodies may be created/born without hearts, but hearts are not a solely "natural" phenomenon. They can be created out of nothing because they're formed from shared experiences with people you care about: memories. Axel/Roxas/Xion had strong ties to one another and cared about one another, so they ended up with hearts in the end. Roxas and Xion are harder to see it in because I'm convinced Roxas actually had (at least access to) Ven's heart during his time as a Nobody and Xion is a reflection of Sora, so it might be easier for them to show emotion... but Axel? If you read his entries in the secret reports in Days, it's so obvious that he slowly gets [a] heart back as you read them chronologically. He goes from not caring about anything at all to seriously worrying about Xion/Roxas and questioning the fact that he feels like he has emotions again. He got his heart from befriending Roxas and Xion.

Memories are definitely tied to the heart. The members at C.O. in COM were stationed there to study the heart and what to they do? Pretty much everything in that game is tied to memories, be it Namine playing with Sora's or implanting fake ones in Riku Replica. That implantation essentially gave Riku Replica a heart--those were definitely not fake emotions and he had no clue that he wasn't real until they forced him to see it. Then, when Naminé "broke" him so he wouldn't kill Sora, he managed to come back, presumably because whatever had formed in him was his own, not just memories falsely implanted. There are also a lot of lines about the heart and memories in this game and I remember a few years ago I was coming up with a theory about this but never really got anywhere with it. (I remember being really intrigued by the story in Halloween Town in COM regarding hearts.) I feel like I need to go back and look into all this now because it might actually be relevant. :D

I don't really know what happens to Nobodies who gain hearts. Lea--I think--remembers everything from being a Nobody, so I assume his hearts just merged or something. Or hearts aren't literally hearts? Maybe what everyone refers to as a heart is moreso a connection of shared memories than a (meta)physical object. So it wasn't that Lea now had two hearts when he revived, he just had more memories to add to the ones that made up his original heart. I hope that's not too confusing (it is) but I can't really explain it too well since my ideas on this are pretty shaky to begin with. XD; They definitely said that Nobodies grow new hearts, though.
Quote:
I don't get the KH3D revelations either. Just goes to show how Xemnas never makes any sense. But then wasn't it Xigbar explaining?
I think Xigbar was explaining, but Xemnas was standing right there and the rest of the conversation (“;_; HOW COULD YOU USE EVERYONE LIKE THAT. THEY HAD HEARTS AFTER ALL.”) was aimed at him.

Thirteen Darknesses & Seven Lights
Spoiler:
Quote:
I think that was what was being implied. That so and so can't be a Light because I have them, therefore so and so will be a Darkness. But I'm also pretty sure that Yen Sid said that the Seven Lights were chosen naturally, so you can't just substitute someone in; if Terra is one of the Lights, then supposedly they can't replace him and they're just going to be short one light. I think this is what's up. I think so okay ;; god this game is so confusing asdfjkl.
Who are the Lights even supposed to be, again?
  1. Sora
  2. Riku
  3. Mickey
  4. Kairi (?)
  5. Aqua (?)
  6. Ven (?)
  7. Terra (?)

Past Sora and Riku (and I guess Mickey), I seriously have no idea. Kairi’s already been a Princess of Light, so can she count for this? I assume she must because otherwise, why would they have her turn up at the end of 3D. The previous trio seems like an obvious assumption but it’ll be a lot of work to bring them back. I don’t know who else could count, though. I’m assuming Lea won’t count because I think he’s a little too close to the side of Darkness to be Light. He was a Nobody (in-between) when he came into the series and I’m pretty sure from one of his lines in 3D, he has no problem using the Darkness to get what he wants. (He says something about going to save Riku if Riku doesn’t come back from the Darkness when he goes to get Sora or something. I can’t remember his exact words but he was essentially saying “Well, [doing things in the Darkness] is all I’m good at so I can help”. I don’t think he’ll be a Light. He also wasn’t supposed to have a Keyblade (and thus may not have been destined for the “good” side), so if the Lights were predestined, that counts him out too.
Quote:
I personally think the Seven Lights would be Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Lea and Kairi. Or at least initially. It'll probably turn into Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Terra and Roxas/Kairi just like in the KH3D opening.
The 3D opening is probably the best example of who the Lights will be, actually. Can’t really figure out why they’d bother showing it that way otherwise. :x I think Kairi is more likely than Roxas. If Roxas were a light, I feel like Xion would be too and then it gets complicated because then they have to vote someone off the island to make room. The vote is unanimously Terra.
Quote:
you know how I am though, always having to insert the BbS trio into everything so maybe he has a different reason :/ omg he better not touch either aqua or especially ven or I will murder him viciously omg. I mean at least Aqua can defend herself, Ven is still in a lost-heart coma and can't defend himself at all. lol ven is the damsel in distress XD The point still stands that even if he knows where Ven is, there's no way he can get to him. So I think we're okay there but idk maybe they'll just try to destroy CO with Ven in it. I wouldn't put it past MX, the prick.
I think Ven is too important to try to destroy. :B Besides, if what I said above somewhere is right, getting rid of Ven might get rid of Vanitas and I’m almost certain Vanitas will be one of the 13 Darknesses. Why else would he even be shown in 3D if he wasn’t coming back? And what other reason would he come back for?
Quote:
dying @ using larxene's somebody jsyk XD
….Larx might make a pretty good Dark, lmao. Only problem is, if she ever found out Xehanort was trying to turn her into a clone of himself or anything of the sort, she’d probably flip out on him. XD; But otherwise she fits the part!

Sora's Keyblade
Spoiler:
Quote:
...wait a minute. waaaaaaaaait a minute. There is a obvious dilemma here. so when Ven wakes up, does that mean Sora won't be able to use the Keyblade anymore? ;____;
Yeah, it’s either outright said or heavily implied that Sora won’t be able to use the Keyblade anymore if Ven isn’t with him. :x I don’t know why this is said to be an issue, though. Dude, if Lea can get a Keyblade, I don’t understand how it would be problematic for anyone to hand their Keyblade to Sora and initiate him again or something. XD;
Quote:
Well, I was thinking about at the end of KHII, at the part where Sora and Riku shoot a magical beam of yaoi shoot light out of the Kingdom Key through Xemnas, that Sora was holding the Keyblade at the same time as Riku, and Riku was actually, you know, chosen to wield a Keyblade, through the Rite of Succession, so maaaaaaaybe Sora got the ability to wield a Keyblade that's not Ven's through that? And I know that supposedly masters are the only ones who can do it, but technically Terra wasn't a master when he did it with Riku, so maybe this is how Sora's going to keep the Keyblade after Ven wakes up. Maybe. look I might just be rambling here asdfjkl
That’s a good point. Sora could’ve gotten the Keyblade legitimately that way… but then why would it have become an issue in 3D? @_@ I feel like if they brought it up so specifically in 3D, it must have been for a reason that will be apparent in the next game.

General 3D Spoilers
Spoiler:
Quote:
Yeah, and Namine had more decisions, both life and game changing, to make in her appearances that effectively give way for development. Kairi was just handled wrong imo, and it really does suck. I don't even know why I like Kairi anymore, but I still do.

There is hope, though! I want her to get more of a role and it seems that with the whole secret ending centering on her possible development, she can actually do much more this time. Yeah maybe they'll make another Roxas like 7-days scenario for Kairi, but this time with her narrating what's happened so far in her point of view while training with the Keyblade or something. That would be awesome! Even better if she maintains a huge role throughout. People might get turned off though with another draggy lengthy tutorial for them, but not me.

So true. I'm surprised Riku didn't call foul.
It wouldn't even have to be a lengthy tutorial. 3D's lasted like 5 minutes before it just tossed you into the game. (Seriously, there was NO lead-in for this game. @_@ Maybe it's supposed to mimic dropping off to sleep, how it just happens suddenly?) They could easily get away with a quick tutorial. Could even do it COM-style with her sparring against someone (I guess probably Riku) who's just blocking all her hits to make sure she knows what she's doing. They could timeskip it so she's already learned the basics and is putting it all together or something.

He should've, but I guess the scene was ridiculous enough without drawing attention to Lea's creepy.
Quote:
I always thought the coat did nothing, but if it does then I guess that's why Mickey and Riku were using it or something. And the Lea getting a Keyblade thing surprised me too, but then it was apparently hinted in the trailers anyway and I failed to sense it at all, haha.

For a moment there I was unable to sense the sarcasm between you two. XD
I forget when it was, but in one of the Ultimania interviews for a game, Nomura said that the coats protect peoples’ hearts from the Darkness. So that’s why Riku and Mickey wore them, but I think the association with darkness is why the Organization had them. It was more for show with them because they had no hearts to deteriorate through the use of Corridors of Darkness.
Quote:
That thing is pretty useful though. It protects the heart from darkness, doesn't it? So I doubt he'll ditch the thing. Then again, I thought he'd never ditch his chakrams, but apparently he's going to replace them with his keyblade. omg THAT'S SOMETHING ELSE THAT THREW ME FOR A LOOP OMG. I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" like Sora and Riku and everyone else omg XD

And besides I think it's pronounced differently in japanese. I KNOW THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME OMG didn't you know rikku got possessed by xehanort once? IT'S TRUE TOTALLY LEGIT. :/ really we're not all idiots asdfjkl
That it does, although an interview that came out a few days ago (either from the Ultimania or ) seems to imply that it doesn’t do as good a job as the fandom assumed? Lea apparently went to Disney Castle because it was his best chance at meeting up with Mickey and getting a Keyblade, I guess. Otherwise he didn’t want to travel much through the Darkness, even with the coat. So he might get rid of it if he decides not to use the Corridors. I think it would be AWESOME to play as Lea if he used both weapons though. Story-wise, it’s probably in his best interest to publicly hide the fact that he has a Keyblade (so that he doesn’t become more of a target for the ‘Norts), so maybe he’ll use chakrams for a while yet.

Yeah, there’s a different pronunciation. Rikku has a pause between the Ks so it does sound different. (Think like the pause in “bookcase”.) But there’s no such difference in English. XD;
Quote:
Am I the only one who really doesn't like Lea's Keyblade? asdfjkl when I saw it the blade part sort of looked like a chicken to me and I died, okay
I don’t mind it because although it’s not as classy as Bond of Flame was in KH2, it’s a hell of a lot better than Flame Rascal or whatever the fugly Keyblade Ven gets after meeting Lea is called. XD;
Quote:
Oh God I should prepare myself for a completely confusing late game once again. I agree that I should play it first but you actually describe it pretty well. It all sounds like the climax kept happening within those cutscenes around the YMX fight. Everything that's acting like a short burst of climax after that, when you're expecting everything to fall into their places like any good plot, would indeed feel tacked on. So I guess having yet another boss that doesn't even explain itself before the fight (and touches on, seemingly, an evil Ven of all things) would be pretty disappointing. On the other side of this, I sure do prefer a full-on battle, instead of just a cutscene of Riku fighting dark Ven armor-slash-Sora, even if it feels tacked on. I don't want another Roxas TWTNW cutscene, haha.
It's a KH game... of course you should! Aside from two or three weird cutscenes, I felt the rest of the game was pretty straight forward so it felt just weird up until the end with not much to confuse you with. But yes, the fight with YMX and scene right after is definitely the climax so everything that came later just felt a bit out of place. I liked all the content, it just felt like it didn't really belong as well.

The Nomura interview that released the other day pretty much said that this was a fight he asked them to add on last minute because it “made more sense as a fight”. And I mean, yeah, it did, but now I have an explanation for why it felt so tacked on. Because it was. X_x;

NA Additions
Spoiler:
Quote:

Spoiler:
No, I don’t think they will. At most, they might add a cutscene or two in (or change some lines) to make the overall story less confusing, but I can’t really think of anything they can add. I mean, I guess they might add stickers or something, but the game just doesn’t feel like it needs a Final Mix so I can’t think of anything they could really add to the English version to merit a re-release in Japan.

But I’d say 3D is more of a “main” game than any of the other spinoffs so far. I was arguing this with someone on another website, but of all the games in the series that aren’t numbered, this one adds the most to the plot.
spoiler: Days, BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:
The only thing arguably important in COM was Riku’s story (as much as I hate to admit it). In Days, nothing new was brought to the table—the game focussed entirely on Roxas and Xion, both of whom are irrelevant after the tutorial of KH2 and Xion doesn’t even exist in anyone’s memory after the game. BBS, the only thing really important (no matter how much I love everyone) is Master Xehanort. His actions are the only ones that reeeally affect the story later on and MX is the only one important to the plot of 3D. Re:Coded is arguably important because it takes place after KH2 and the ending does hint at where the series is/was going, but when the entire game is only “important” because of one ending cutscene… yeah. I kind of discount it.

spoiler: 3D
Spoiler:
But 3D? MX is back, the whole 13 Darknesses + 7 Lights, Riku is a Keyblade Master, and Lea being a Keyblade Wielder. That’s all going to be pretty important in KH3, so I think people who try to play KH3 while only playing the numbered games will be really confused if they don’t play 3D at the very least.

English Trailer
Spoiler:
GUYS THEY RUINED MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE WHOLE TRAILER WITH THE ENGLISH VERSION. ;____;
Spoiler:

Roxas is supposed to get the catchphrase wrong. :( The verb tense is supposed to be a little off which I thought was hilariously dorky and now he doesn’t seem so derp. Aww.

Also, is it just me or did a lot of the voices just sound flat and… I dunno… bad? Maybe it’ll be better in the actual game but wow a lot of the acting in this trailer sounded really half-assed. And I don’t like YMX’s voice. ;_;
Quote:
Well, you at the very least should've left the 3D off. We wouldn't want you to get sick over a video game! -hugs- Hun, I didn't understand the majority of those cutscenes and I'm not even on anything asdfjkl. yeah that's probably why asdfjkl. Do you even remember the whole game XD
I was watching the trailer that came out today and there were a few scenes I did not recognize. XD; ;
Quote:
I think the lip flap will match just fine in the game, but for the trailer, all they did was dub over the original Japanese trailer. You’ll notice all the gameplay videos are in Japanese so I think they just didn’t bother remaking the trailer entirely for the English crowd. Actual game should be better. Hopefully. (The only game that never matched lipflap was Re:COM and that’s because the cutscenes were all pre-rendered [which is why they were blurry] so they couldn’t be changed from the Japanese mouth settings.)

(yeah, the last two of those were only in spoiler tags because it was really hard to read this post otherwise. XD)
General Stuff
no spoilers. just saving space for people scrolling on past. also formatting. :x
Spoiler:
Quote:
It actually felt fresh, the platforming was sort of cool, the BBS + Days fusion was okay, but honestly, I don't know why I enjoyed it enough. Haha, maybe I just wasn't that serious of a KH gamer and just liked its uniqueness and random quirks, like the huge references to KH, the random but drastically different mini-games and being a bad copy of COM and such. Well, to each his own, I suppose. I actually wouldn't mind just knowing the plot of Re:Coded and opting not to play it, haha.

I'm the only person? I don't know what that says about me, haha.
I'll admit, the boss battles and different world formats were really different, and kind of interesting... but I was so bad at almost all of them so I just did not enjoy them. Like, I hated the side-scrolling Traverse Town, the shootemup Wonderland (?), the turn-based Coliseum, and so on. XD; Not a fun time for me.

I kept trying to think of a way to word it that didn't sound like I thought you were absolutely crazy. Not sure I managed. Sorry! XD;
Quote:
Oh is that so? What happened to the numbered KH team, whatever they were called? I always thought Osaka = console KH and other teams = spinoffs but I think I'm mixing them up. Gah this is all confusing.
Yeah, pretty sure Osaka did BBS, so I think they did 3D (and Re:Coded ;_;) too. *looks this up*

Okay, apparently Osaka and Tokyo merged into "1st Production Department" in Fall 2010, so several months after BBS came out. I guess it was both, now. XD They're in charge of FF XIII's series, FFVII, Dissidia, and KH. So I guess everything popular that isn't Dragon Quest.
Quote:
Man what is up with the false info they're feeding us? But yeah, FMs are easy money for them, so if they're not busy they might as well earn some more dough from the same title. Just don't include a false secret ending this time. Or better yet, apply the rule for easy money to BBSv2! :D
They must know they have tons of pathetic fans like me who will buy pretty much anything they put out in the KH series. ;_; It's easy money since they really just have to change the voice track, squeeze in an extra boss fight or two, and make a new secret movie and I will buy wahtever they put in front of me. /baaaw
Quote:
I always thought he does that whenever the interviewer gives him a weird look with his Nomura answers. Yes he has trademark Nomura answers that tease more than clarify pretty much. But yeah, I don't want him to brush off something as huge as BBSv2!
Yeah, that's probably the case but he still sounds so damn smug when he laughs away the game that was set to be my favourite in the series noooo whyyyy. ;_;
Quote:
think it was in KHII. I know it was in some game before BbS and that it got nerfed in BbS. omg omg every time I fought Vanitas I would set him on fire because I HATE VANITAS, OKAY and it was so fun omg. Love love loveBbS battle mechanics, it's easily the best in the series as far as that goes <3 omg omg i know right wasn't Ghost Drive the one where you teleported everywhere? and god Dark Impulse I DON'T LIKE YOU took me foreverrrrrr to kill Terranort because of you asdfjkl. Wingblade definitely wins asdfjkl.
Was it a Summon ability maybe? Mushu perhaps? I dunno. It definitely wasn’t a magic spell so I feel it had to have been a Summon… or else a Limit with someone if it was in KH2. I know it was in COM but a whole lot of sleights were in COM and I never paid any attention to them. (When my roommate was playing through Re:COM the other month well, I say he was playing but I took the controller from him when he was stressing me out with how bad he was and I ended up beating half the game for him, I was really surprised to see so many commands from BBS listed under sleights since a lot of them I’d thought were brand new to the series. XD;

Ghost Drive teleported you in a circle at the end of it but otherwise, it just pulled frames out of your animations to make it look like you were teleporting. I haaaated it. It’s better in 3D though. And yeah, Dark Impulse was annoyiiing. I didn’t like using it (the finisher missed all the time) and it was just… ugh.
Quote:

Also, in KH Days they changed the Multiplayer system around. In the original, you HAD to play it with another person. They added a solo mode to the English game though, so you could still complete it even if you didn’t know anyone else with a copy.
Quote:
O-okay, because I know some of the fandom jumps on the yaoi fangirls for supposedly "making the fanbase look insane" but I'm not a crazy yaoi fangirl I swear ;;
To be fair, most of them do make the fanbase look insane, but if you get past the ridiculous ones and the people who are like “DISNEY SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME SO IT’S MORE BADASS”, the fandom is absolutely delightful!
Quote:
...hun what on earth possessed you to ship marulxia/nami? DID XEHANORT DO IT. VENXNAMI OTP. butbutbut ZACKXAERITH OTP butbutbut SORIKU OTP ASDFJKL
.__. I ship really weird things, usually. It’s only in the last few years I’ve started shipping anything that has like… romantic fluff involved, lmao.
Quote:
so so so he would like cuddle with it at night and then during the day he would completely neglect it omg ;; kasdhg;dslkfjklsdhfkjgka your drawings are the best drawings asdfjkl
It would follow him around everywhere and everyone would make fun of him for it so he’d always look at it with feigned disgust but as soon as everyone leaves he’d stoop down, pet it, and give it a treat for putting up with him. T_T /ooc head-canon

(thank you ♥)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH Fan Bixran View Post
Ok, I check this thread after weeks of forgeting, and I find 2 pages filled with mostly fangirl text-walls xp

Anyway, today's my b-day! Decided to get a 3ds instead of waiting till the end of summer for to get it along w/ kh3d
Our bad. 8D; (A-although it’s not all fangirling! There’s a lot of legitimate discussion which is what has taken me like 4 hours to write this post, if you don’t count getting stuck on a plot point and deeply considering it all weekend. XD)

Happy belated birthday! Glad you won’t have to wait any longer than necessary for 3D. :D What colour did you get?
Quote:
New as in pre order stuff or game stuff? I know we got a Ventus thingy from GS for BBS
Wait, what? I know they gave out decals for your PSP if you preordered BBS here (I didn’t get a chance to so I had to buy the decals later, lol) but I don’t remember anything else. D:
Quote:
I may or may not already be debating which order I want to replay the games in before 3D comes out in English. I just played KH2 a few months ago though, so I’m not too keen on playing it again.
FINAL FANTASY

FF7 Compilation
Spoiler:
Quote:
BUT. My favorite FF character in KH and my favorite FF character overall is ZACK SKDLGHSDL:KFHSDGLKFJSLDKHFKSDHG:LKSDFJHSDLKFHSKL:GHSD:KFJSDK I HAVE ALMOST AS MANY FEELS FOR ZACK AS I DO FOR VEN OKAY I just asdfjkl the only game I've bawled more over than BbS is Crisis Core because

spoiler: Crisis Core
Spoiler:
THAT ENDING WORST ENDING TO ANY GAME EVER SLKDHFSD:KLFSDHGKFJASLKD:HDGSDKFJ I WAS BAWLING OKAY THEY SHOT HIM IN COLD BLOOD AND ONE OF THEM STOOD OVER HIM AND SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD SLKDFJSDK
Oh my god I cried so hard when I finished Crisis Core. I have never been so emotional over a video game. I remember the next day, I had a doctor’s appointment and my mom went with me and I started tearing up just remembering what I’d played through the night before and my mom got so worried that something was seriously wrong. XD;;

Spoiler:
The part that always got to me the most was the slots thing? How it goes through all of your friends and none of them can help you and Aerith’s shows up RIGHT AS YOU DIE and can’t kick in fast enough. /cries forever

Quote:
My favourite thing that I've seen with Zack is when
Advent Children Complete Spoiler
Spoiler:
Is when Sephiroth is kicking the s--- out of Cloud and Zack comes in and is like, need a hand man? Don't forget bro, your my living legacy, youre not allowed to die.

That was awesome.
T_T I’d totally forgotten that was even a scene. I’ve been meaning to watch this again sometime. I don’t think my brother ever saw the Complete version so maybe I’ll see if he wants to watch it with me this week. But awww, Zack, he’s such a good sport about everything. I love him. Best FF protagonist.
Quote:
Speaking of KHII, I was annoyed that Aerith sounded awful in it. I absolutely adore Aerith and she deserved a better voice actress than that (she did get one eventually, see Crisis Core). Leon was also pretty cool even though I never finished VIII, and I can say whatever character development he got in VIII, it certainly showed in the KH series since he seems less glum and more friendly.
Spoiler:
oh my god there are no words for how much I hate Aerith’s English voice in KH2 and Advent Children. It’s just so boring and lifeless and DULL. She’s supposed to be light and playful. Mandy Moore did a good job in KH1 and CC Aerith was great, but ugggh the in-between was just horrible.

Quote:
ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK OHGOD DON'T GET ME STARTED AGAIN ASDFJKL AND AERITHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG SKLFHSD:KLFJSDKGH:DLKFJSDKGDJF ZACKXAERITH OTP
Did you know their Japanese voice actors are married? <3 So cute.
Final Fantasy XIII-2
spoiler: there are actual spoilers in here... it's not just formatting!
Spoiler:
Sooo… the last two DLC for FFXIII-2 come out tomorrow and the day after, I think. They feature Lightning and Snow.

I think we’re finally getting the freaking ending now. I’m really annoyed that they withheld it for DLC and I refuse to buy it which sucks because I really do want to know how the game ends. You know. Since I put like ~80 hours into completing it. (Probably more, actually.) I’ll just Youtube an LP of it, I guess, but I really wish they’d have just included the ending in the game. Maybe one day in the future when the DLC is on sale I’ll pick it up but until then, I refuse to give them my money. I feel like if I support this here and now, it’ll just invite them to keep pulling this sort of crap with their future games.
I should not have to pay for the ending to the game I already paid $80 for, Square-Enix.
OTHER STUFF
Quote:
Im never going to get a PSP ill just have to find me an emulatorrrrr.
I don’t think there are any PSP emulators. :( :(
Quote:
I orgasmed at seeing Cloud and Sephy in AC. Such amazing animation.
I’m sure you can think of more appropriate ways to word that. Let’s keep it clean, okay? But welcome to the club!

Quote:
That is a huge problem, I don't want to alienate people at all! But yes 3D is largely increasing the KH-centric activity. I'm actually starting to consider going back to separate clubs, I'll make sure to be active in both of them and force encourage people to do so too! There's actually tons of things to talk about FF, now that I think of it. But there are dedicated TWEWY fans or maybe even Dragon Quest fans and they'd get left out if we go splitting the club into its major components so I don't know.
Well, I think the only time we've ever talked about Dragon Quest was to literally ask the question "...has anyone even played this?" So I dunno. TWEWY comes up often enough but I feel like worst case, it could be contained in a thread for it in Video Gaming. Every time it does come up, it only gets one or two posts before the topic changes. Hmm.

:/ Do we want to keep this thread all in one? Is anyone really opposed to splitting it? I think at this point it makes more sense to split them up because the back-and-forth for each series drowns out the other. There’s so much to talk about right now and it’s hard finding a balance. Any opinions?

hahaha before I formatted this, it was 16 pages in word. /COLLAPSES

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Riku
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Is it really Gallagher doing YMX in KH3D? I really think he was just referring to that one liner in BBS that was spoken, i.e. "This world is just too small."

But I do like YMX's voice here either way. And regarding the Tron: Legacy cast, I still hate how emotionless the old guy (Kevin Flynn) was in the trailer when he said he never saw the Keyblade. It's as if he didn't care about it at all, haha.

Yeah. Pretty sure. I know KHI posted an interview with him from Conji 2012 this year where he said he was voicing a "...relatively small role in the game that's not out yet... Xehanort. Young Xehanort?" or something to that effect... Granted, he was grinning ear to ear when he said "small role," so he might have just been being pretty facetious about the size of the part, idk =b

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
oh my god I put this off because I was having trouble getting my thoughts about a certain part down and then the posts kept building up and then I had no time to write this reply on the weekend and AAAH now this will take me forever. ;_; Here we go.

I’m formatting this by topic since I thought that worked really well that last time Cid had a ton of stuff to catch up on. XD;

KINGDOM HEARTS

Vanitas
Spoiler:

My only issue with that is that is that we actually see inside Terranort's heart in BBS's secret ending. I think it was the secret one... where Terra and MX are staring each other down, arguing over who will inevitably take control of the body? They also imply Eraqus is there, I think, so I can definitely see the parallels to Sora what with taking in people in need but... I don't remember Vanitas ever being there or even hinted at. It would certainly make more sense than Sora at that point.

But. Vanitas looks just like Sora. I'm pretty sure when MX split Ven and Vanitas in the first place, both of their hearts (? does Vanitas have one? whatever, his equivalent, I mean) were shattered and incomplete. It was Sora who shared his heart with Ven so that Ven didn't die, and I assumed that accidentally spread over to Vanitas too which is why he looks like Sora. I can't really think of another explanation for it, unless he's some sort of reflection like Xion was supposed to be and can take on different appearances but then why would he take on Sora's?

I think it's significant that Terranort/Xehanort/WHOEVER harbours hearts as well. It doesn't really come up in 3D but I think it'll be a thing eventually. (If it did come up in 3D, it went totally over my head. Which is quite possible--those kinds of things are pretty deep and always got me a bit confused in the other games when I played them in Japanese. xD) When Vanitas appears to Sora, Nomura said in a Famitsu interview this week that he only takes form because he's reacting with Ven's heart. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean and I think he was being intentionally vague about it. He said otherwise, Vanitas has no form. :s

I think they just needed a Keyblade Wielder so if Terra didn’t pan out, they’d use her, but I don’t think she was ever all that viable. She never had any traces of darkness in her like Terra did, so it would be soooo much more work to break her instead. I think MX would’ve just gone ahead with the 13 Darknesses thing instead of whatever he was doing in BBS. I think Ven and Vanitas are tied together, though. They were separated but they still share the same heart is what I’m thinking… which is why Ven told Terra and Aqua to kill him when they were all together in Keyblade Graveyard and why he had to take Vanitas on in his heart at the end of his story.

I thought he was gonna be another Riku Replica-type too and then all the way through Terra’s story kept going “OMG WHY DOES HE SOUND SO MUCH LIKE SORA.” Thankfully, I did not pay attention during the credits when Sora’s VA came up as Vanitas’s so I don’t think I was spoilt for that. XD; It was more an “ohhhh THAT’S whose voice it was!” when he was finally de-masked.
Why Do All The Characters Suck At Remembering Past Events
spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded, 3D
Spoiler:

If DiZ wasn't literally in Re:Coded (ie, in the journal), then it's only because he chose not to be. Inserting the data into Jiminy's Journal was his idea, I'm pretty sure. He mentions the data insertion when he's standing on the beach in Sora's heart with Riku at the end of 3D. (That is SUCH a weird sentence.) But maybe I'm mixing things up? 'Cause I can't think of why he'd know what message to tell Namine unless he managed to dig something up about TAV. :/ Unless Namine found links in Sora's memories to them and told him about it. I imagine he probably wanted regular reports about how the rebuilding of Sora's memories was doing. (It just occurred to me now that I've been saying Sora's heart got broken+rearranged in COM all this time... I've actually meant memories every time. That's exciting. More on that later!) But Coded was really confusing, now that I think about it. The journal took Riku's form, Roxas was there, Namine was there being more omnipotent than usual... x_X; I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of really important details from this game. I need to do a canon refresh on it, ugggh.

Also, okay, I can see why they'd hide things from Sora then. He would just bolt out the door to go save them the moment he found out they were potentially in danger or something. And he'd probably come running in 10 minutes later "...wait... where are they!?"

It’s never been stated anywhere, no. That’s why I’ve always been so confused on the matter. Depending when/if he knows who he is and what he’s done and what he wants to do, it really changes how the series is viewed. If he knows from the start and leaves Braig in the dark about everything right up until the moment he takes his heart, then he’s a lot more cunning than everyone else in the series assumes. If he only remembered who he was as the Apprentices started losing their Hearts to become Nobodies, he doesn’t seem quite as threatening. Definitely a threat of sorts, yes, but it also means he’s vulnerable to losing control and that’s important.

I doubt anyone remembers that LS is even around. Since Sora so forgot to tell an adult.

sdklfjuslkdjfljesl efSLKFJDSKLFS ORGANIZATION NORTEEN. /dead

spoiler: Days, BBS
Spoiler:

I think Xemnas is probably the Terranort with the most memories of Terra in him. He remembers Aqua and refers to her as a “friend” during KH2FM when he visits her armour in Radiant Garden. He’s concerned with finding Ven in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel there. The only thing that weirds me out about this assumption is that Xemnas specifically sees Xion as Sora. You’d think he’d see her as Ven like Xigbar does since if he’s got more of Terra’s memories than the other ‘Norts, wouldn’t Ven be his closest connection to Sora? :s

Actually, I guess Xehanort/Xemnas must know that Ven’s in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel to look for the room he’s in in Days. But how does he know? It’s stated somewhere that Xemnas found C.O. and took it as another base… was he looking for Land of Departure because he figured that’s where Aqua would have left Ven? :/ Only explanation I can think of. Which then brings back the “how much did Xehanort (+ others) remember?” thing.

spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:

They’re similar but… they aren’t that similar. I mean, they have similar personalities but they don’t look alike and it seems really weird to assume that Ven’s with Sora after like 10 years of probably not thinking about him much. :s

There was definitely a death glare! (Although with Ven, it’s not much of a death glare, it’s more of a pout glare.) That’s pretty much Namine’s line of thought! Aqua was not so keen on it though. :(

Yeah so… no excuse for them, I think. XD Everyone else, they would have met him (and the others) so briefly that it wouldn’t leave much of an impression but I find it hard to believe they’d totally forget everything about Ven. Must’ve been Namine.

spoiler: BBS
Spoiler:

She promised she wouldn’t go get him until she could bring Terra back to wake him up with her. She doesn’t break her promises. ;~;
358/2 Days
spoiler: Days
Spoiler:

Days kind of confuses me because it's not like they ran out of time or anything. Because of the game mechanics, you'd do something like 3-4 days in a row based on what missions you took on, and that way they let you do things in your own order to some extent. So for those, it makes sense that nothing important would happen in-between those days because it could potentially mess with who was around for missions that you left for later and whatnot but... there's no excuse for when it skips ahead 20-30 days every so often. Even I wouldn't want to do that many daily missions but they didn't all have to be Organization missions. :/ There was plenty of room timeline-wise to do things, they just skipped out on it. Maybe the DS cartridge was already packed to the brim and they honestly couldn't fit anything else in (I might have heard something to this effect--it could also explain why they never released an FM for it... since no extra content would fit anyway) but... I dunno. It really does feel like they missed out on a lot of things that could have explained more in KH2 or given more throwbacks to BBS or something.

Spoiler:

w-well, I was coming up with this awesome theory about why he was overthrowing the Org and was reading the journal entry to see if it could help me… and pretty much all it says is “why did Axel kill Vexen??” Marluxia, he killed him because you ordered him to you idiot WHY DO YOU THINK. >:( It made me drop my theory because if he can’t get his head around that, there’s no way he’s smart enough to have come up with what I was thinking fml. XD

Lmao Axel. ;_; You are so inappropriate.

Yeah, the Org sees Xion with her hood up. I don’t think they can see her as anything else since I’m not sure the hood is really a hood. That makes no sense but like… I remember the scene right before Xion and Axel become friends where all three of them are up on the Clock Tower and every time the scene shows just her and Roxas, her hood is down, but if the scene shows all three of them, the hood is up. She’s not taking it on and off just because she trusts Roxas to let him see her face… Axel is just literally seeing her with the hood on no matter what. So I don’t think taking the hood off would even be possible for a lot of people because it’s not even there, necessarily. They just see it regardless. But if it can be done, my guess is she probably just looks like Sora (who she is supposed to be a doll based on) or some featureless doll.

Awwwwww, Axel! ;_; That scene. And Xion trying so hard to not sound emotional too. ;_; *pets them both*

Inifinite hoods is kind of the greatest idea ever. This is my new headcanon. Way better than what I said.
3D
spoiler: I'm going to assume anyone who's spoilt themselves for 3D also knows the rest of the series' plot. EVERYTHING.
Spoiler:
(spoiler-ception!)

Nobodies & Hearts
Spoiler:

Okay, so here's where that thing I said about memories and hearts gets interesting.

We've always been told that Nobodies are without hearts, because their hearts were forcibly removed and now inhabit a Heartless somewhere. Because they lack hearts, they also lack feelings and empathy and all those corny things that are associated with emotion. This is a really confusing definition though because it's pretty clear by the end of COM/Days/KH2 that some of the Nobodies show clear signs of emotion--Namine is seen crying as Sora falls asleep at the end of COM, Xion cries in Days, I think Roxas cries in Days (and doesn't understand what tears are xD), and Axel is shown crying just before he fades away in KH2FM when they add the extra scene at the top of the Clock Tower in Twilight Town. (...they also have happytimes but crying is a more difficult emotion to fake, I'll say. XD) You could even argue that other Nobodies, like Demyx, Larxene, or Vexen, show emotion before they die--they were both in a state of disbelief or panic as they faded, compared to others who didn't really seem to to be too distressed about it (Xemnas, Marluxia, Saix).

3D gives the explanation for that: Nobodies may be created/born without hearts, but hearts are not a solely "natural" phenomenon. They can be created out of nothing because they're formed from shared experiences with people you care about: memories. Axel/Roxas/Xion had strong ties to one another and cared about one another, so they ended up with hearts in the end. Roxas and Xion are harder to see it in because I'm convinced Roxas actually had (at least access to) Ven's heart during his time as a Nobody and Xion is a reflection of Sora, so it might be easier for them to show emotion... but Axel? If you read his entries in the secret reports in Days, it's so obvious that he slowly gets [a] heart back as you read them chronologically. He goes from not caring about anything at all to seriously worrying about Xion/Roxas and questioning the fact that he feels like he has emotions again. He got his heart from befriending Roxas and Xion.

Memories are definitely tied to the heart. The members at C.O. in COM were stationed there to study the heart and what to they do? Pretty much everything in that game is tied to memories, be it Namine playing with Sora's or implanting fake ones in Riku Replica. That implantation essentially gave Riku Replica a heart--those were definitely not fake emotions and he had no clue that he wasn't real until they forced him to see it. Then, when Naminé "broke" him so he wouldn't kill Sora, he managed to come back, presumably because whatever had formed in him was his own, not just memories falsely implanted. There are also a lot of lines about the heart and memories in this game and I remember a few years ago I was coming up with a theory about this but never really got anywhere with it. (I remember being really intrigued by the story in Halloween Town in COM regarding hearts.) I feel like I need to go back and look into all this now because it might actually be relevant. :D

I don't really know what happens to Nobodies who gain hearts. Lea--I think--remembers everything from being a Nobody, so I assume his hearts just merged or something. Or hearts aren't literally hearts? Maybe what everyone refers to as a heart is moreso a connection of shared memories than a (meta)physical object. So it wasn't that Lea now had two hearts when he revived, he just had more memories to add to the ones that made up his original heart. I hope that's not too confusing (it is) but I can't really explain it too well since my ideas on this are pretty shaky to begin with. XD; They definitely said that Nobodies grow new hearts, though.

I think Xigbar was explaining, but Xemnas was standing right there and the rest of the conversation (“;_; HOW COULD YOU USE EVERYONE LIKE THAT. THEY HAD HEARTS AFTER ALL.”) was aimed at him.

Thirteen Darknesses & Seven Lights
Spoiler:

Who are the Lights even supposed to be, again?
  1. Sora
  2. Riku
  3. Mickey
  4. Kairi (?)
  5. Aqua (?)
  6. Ven (?)
  7. Terra (?)

Past Sora and Riku (and I guess Mickey), I seriously have no idea. Kairi’s already been a Princess of Light, so can she count for this? I assume she must because otherwise, why would they have her turn up at the end of 3D. The previous trio seems like an obvious assumption but it’ll be a lot of work to bring them back. I don’t know who else could count, though. I’m assuming Lea won’t count because I think he’s a little too close to the side of Darkness to be Light. He was a Nobody (in-between) when he came into the series and I’m pretty sure from one of his lines in 3D, he has no problem using the Darkness to get what he wants. (He says something about going to save Riku if Riku doesn’t come back from the Darkness when he goes to get Sora or something. I can’t remember his exact words but he was essentially saying “Well, [doing things in the Darkness] is all I’m good at so I can help”. I don’t think he’ll be a Light. He also wasn’t supposed to have a Keyblade (and thus may not have been destined for the “good” side), so if the Lights were predestined, that counts him out too.

The 3D opening is probably the best example of who the Lights will be, actually. Can’t really figure out why they’d bother showing it that way otherwise. :x I think Kairi is more likely than Roxas. If Roxas were a light, I feel like Xion would be too and then it gets complicated because then they have to vote someone off the island to make room. The vote is unanimously Terra.

I think Ven is too important to try to destroy. :B Besides, if what I said above somewhere is right, getting rid of Ven might get rid of Vanitas and I’m almost certain Vanitas will be one of the 13 Darknesses. Why else would he even be shown in 3D if he wasn’t coming back? And what other reason would he come back for?

….Larx might make a pretty good Dark, lmao. Only problem is, if she ever found out Xehanort was trying to turn her into a clone of himself or anything of the sort, she’d probably flip out on him. XD; But otherwise she fits the part!

Sora's Keyblade
Spoiler:

Yeah, it’s either outright said or heavily implied that Sora won’t be able to use the Keyblade anymore if Ven isn’t with him. :x I don’t know why this is said to be an issue, though. Dude, if Lea can get a Keyblade, I don’t understand how it would be problematic for anyone to hand their Keyblade to Sora and initiate him again or something. XD;

That’s a good point. Sora could’ve gotten the Keyblade legitimately that way… but then why would it have become an issue in 3D? @_@ I feel like if they brought it up so specifically in 3D, it must have been for a reason that will be apparent in the next game.

General 3D Spoilers
Spoiler:

It wouldn't even have to be a lengthy tutorial. 3D's lasted like 5 minutes before it just tossed you into the game. (Seriously, there was NO lead-in for this game. @_@ Maybe it's supposed to mimic dropping off to sleep, how it just happens suddenly?) They could easily get away with a quick tutorial. Could even do it COM-style with her sparring against someone (I guess probably Riku) who's just blocking all her hits to make sure she knows what she's doing. They could timeskip it so she's already learned the basics and is putting it all together or something.

He should've, but I guess the scene was ridiculous enough without drawing attention to Lea's creepy.

I forget when it was, but in one of the Ultimania interviews for a game, Nomura said that the coats protect peoples’ hearts from the Darkness. So that’s why Riku and Mickey wore them, but I think the association with darkness is why the Organization had them. It was more for show with them because they had no hearts to deteriorate through the use of Corridors of Darkness.

That it does, although an interview that came out a few days ago (either from the Ultimania or ) seems to imply that it doesn’t do as good a job as the fandom assumed? Lea apparently went to Disney Castle because it was his best chance at meeting up with Mickey and getting a Keyblade, I guess. Otherwise he didn’t want to travel much through the Darkness, even with the coat. So he might get rid of it if he decides not to use the Corridors. I think it would be AWESOME to play as Lea if he used both weapons though. Story-wise, it’s probably in his best interest to publicly hide the fact that he has a Keyblade (so that he doesn’t become more of a target for the ‘Norts), so maybe he’ll use chakrams for a while yet.

Yeah, there’s a different pronunciation. Rikku has a pause between the Ks so it does sound different. (Think like the pause in “bookcase”.) But there’s no such difference in English. XD;

I don’t mind it because although it’s not as classy as Bond of Flame was in KH2, it’s a hell of a lot better than Flame Rascal or whatever the fugly Keyblade Ven gets after meeting Lea is called. XD;

It's a KH game... of course you should! Aside from two or three weird cutscenes, I felt the rest of the game was pretty straight forward so it felt just weird up until the end with not much to confuse you with. But yes, the fight with YMX and scene right after is definitely the climax so everything that came later just felt a bit out of place. I liked all the content, it just felt like it didn't really belong as well.

The Nomura interview that released the other day pretty much said that this was a fight he asked them to add on last minute because it “made more sense as a fight”. And I mean, yeah, it did, but now I have an explanation for why it felt so tacked on. Because it was. X_x;

NA Additions
Spoiler:

No, I don’t think they will. At most, they might add a cutscene or two in (or change some lines) to make the overall story less confusing, but I can’t really think of anything they can add. I mean, I guess they might add stickers or something, but the game just doesn’t feel like it needs a Final Mix so I can’t think of anything they could really add to the English version to merit a re-release in Japan.

But I’d say 3D is more of a “main” game than any of the other spinoffs so far. I was arguing this with someone on another website, but of all the games in the series that aren’t numbered, this one adds the most to the plot.
spoiler: Days, BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:
The only thing arguably important in COM was Riku’s story (as much as I hate to admit it). In Days, nothing new was brought to the table—the game focussed entirely on Roxas and Xion, both of whom are irrelevant after the tutorial of KH2 and Xion doesn’t even exist in anyone’s memory after the game. BBS, the only thing really important (no matter how much I love everyone) is Master Xehanort. His actions are the only ones that reeeally affect the story later on and MX is the only one important to the plot of 3D. Re:Coded is arguably important because it takes place after KH2 and the ending does hint at where the series is/was going, but when the entire game is only “important” because of one ending cutscene… yeah. I kind of discount it.

spoiler: 3D
Spoiler:
But 3D? MX is back, the whole 13 Darknesses + 7 Lights, Riku is a Keyblade Master, and Lea being a Keyblade Wielder. That’s all going to be pretty important in KH3, so I think people who try to play KH3 while only playing the numbered games will be really confused if they don’t play 3D at the very least.

English Trailer
Spoiler:
GUYS THEY RUINED MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE WHOLE TRAILER WITH THE ENGLISH VERSION. ;____;
Spoiler:

Roxas is supposed to get the catchphrase wrong. :( The verb tense is supposed to be a little off which I thought was hilariously dorky and now he doesn’t seem so derp. Aww.

Also, is it just me or did a lot of the voices just sound flat and… I dunno… bad? Maybe it’ll be better in the actual game but wow a lot of the acting in this trailer sounded really half-assed. And I don’t like YMX’s voice. ;_;

I was watching the trailer that came out today and there were a few scenes I did not recognize. XD; ;

I think the lip flap will match just fine in the game, but for the trailer, all they did was dub over the original Japanese trailer. You’ll notice all the gameplay videos are in Japanese so I think they just didn’t bother remaking the trailer entirely for the English crowd. Actual game should be better. Hopefully. (The only game that never matched lipflap was Re:COM and that’s because the cutscenes were all pre-rendered [which is why they were blurry] so they couldn’t be changed from the Japanese mouth settings.)

(yeah, the last two of those were only in spoiler tags because it was really hard to read this post otherwise. XD)
General Stuff
no spoilers. just saving space for people scrolling on past. also formatting. :x
Spoiler:

I'll admit, the boss battles and different world formats were really different, and kind of interesting... but I was so bad at almost all of them so I just did not enjoy them. Like, I hated the side-scrolling Traverse Town, the shootemup Wonderland (?), the turn-based Coliseum, and so on. XD; Not a fun time for me.

I kept trying to think of a way to word it that didn't sound like I thought you were absolutely crazy. Not sure I managed. Sorry! XD;

Yeah, pretty sure Osaka did BBS, so I think they did 3D (and Re:Coded ;_;) too. *looks this up*

Okay, apparently Osaka and Tokyo merged into "1st Production Department" in Fall 2010, so several months after BBS came out. I guess it was both, now. XD They're in charge of FF XIII's series, FFVII, Dissidia, and KH. So I guess everything popular that isn't Dragon Quest.

They must know they have tons of pathetic fans like me who will buy pretty much anything they put out in the KH series. ;_; It's easy money since they really just have to change the voice track, squeeze in an extra boss fight or two, and make a new secret movie and I will buy wahtever they put in front of me. /baaaw

Yeah, that's probably the case but he still sounds so damn smug when he laughs away the game that was set to be my favourite in the series noooo whyyyy. ;_;

Was it a Summon ability maybe? Mushu perhaps? I dunno. It definitely wasn’t a magic spell so I feel it had to have been a Summon… or else a Limit with someone if it was in KH2. I know it was in COM but a whole lot of sleights were in COM and I never paid any attention to them. (When my roommate was playing through Re:COM the other month well, I say he was playing but I took the controller from him when he was stressing me out with how bad he was and I ended up beating half the game for him, I was really surprised to see so many commands from BBS listed under sleights since a lot of them I’d thought were brand new to the series. XD;

Ghost Drive teleported you in a circle at the end of it but otherwise, it just pulled frames out of your animations to make it look like you were teleporting. I haaaated it. It’s better in 3D though. And yeah, Dark Impulse was annoyiiing. I didn’t like using it (the finisher missed all the time) and it was just… ugh.

Also, in KH Days they changed the Multiplayer system around. In the original, you HAD to play it with another person. They added a solo mode to the English game though, so you could still complete it even if you didn’t know anyone else with a copy.

To be fair, most of them do make the fanbase look insane, but if you get past the ridiculous ones and the people who are like “DISNEY SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME SO IT’S MORE BADASS”, the fandom is absolutely delightful!

.__. I ship really weird things, usually. It’s only in the last few years I’ve started shipping anything that has like… romantic fluff involved, lmao.

It would follow him around everywhere and everyone would make fun of him for it so he’d always look at it with feigned disgust but as soon as everyone leaves he’d stoop down, pet it, and give it a treat for putting up with him. T_T /ooc head-canon

(thank you ♥)

Our bad. 8D; (A-although it’s not all fangirling! There’s a lot of legitimate discussion which is what has taken me like 4 hours to write this post, if you don’t count getting stuck on a plot point and deeply considering it all weekend. XD)

Happy belated birthday! Glad you won’t have to wait any longer than necessary for 3D. :D What colour did you get?

Wait, what? I know they gave out decals for your PSP if you preordered BBS here (I didn’t get a chance to so I had to buy the decals later, lol) but I don’t remember anything else. D:

I may or may not already be debating which order I want to replay the games in before 3D comes out in English. I just played KH2 a few months ago though, so I’m not too keen on playing it again.
FINAL FANTASY

FF7 Compilation
Spoiler:

Oh my god I cried so hard when I finished Crisis Core. I have never been so emotional over a video game. I remember the next day, I had a doctor’s appointment and my mom went with me and I started tearing up just remembering what I’d played through the night before and my mom got so worried that something was seriously wrong. XD;;

Spoiler:
The part that always got to me the most was the slots thing? How it goes through all of your friends and none of them can help you and Aerith’s shows up RIGHT AS YOU DIE and can’t kick in fast enough. /cries forever

T_T I’d totally forgotten that was even a scene. I’ve been meaning to watch this again sometime. I don’t think my brother ever saw the Complete version so maybe I’ll see if he wants to watch it with me this week. But awww, Zack, he’s such a good sport about everything. I love him. Best FF protagonist.

Spoiler:
oh my god there are no words for how much I hate Aerith’s English voice in KH2 and Advent Children. It’s just so boring and lifeless and DULL. She’s supposed to be light and playful. Mandy Moore did a good job in KH1 and CC Aerith was great, but ugggh the in-between was just horrible.

Did you know their Japanese voice actors are married? <3 So cute.
Final Fantasy XIII-2
spoiler: there are actual spoilers in here... it's not just formatting!
Spoiler:
Sooo… the last two DLC for FFXIII-2 come out tomorrow and the day after, I think. They feature Lightning and Snow.

I think we’re finally getting the freaking ending now. I’m really annoyed that they withheld it for DLC and I refuse to buy it which sucks because I really do want to know how the game ends. You know. Since I put like ~80 hours into completing it. (Probably more, actually.) I’ll just Youtube an LP of it, I guess, but I really wish they’d have just included the ending in the game. Maybe one day in the future when the DLC is on sale I’ll pick it up but until then, I refuse to give them my money. I feel like if I support this here and now, it’ll just invite them to keep pulling this sort of crap with their future games.
I should not have to pay for the ending to the game I already paid $80 for, Square-Enix.
OTHER STUFF

I don’t think there are any PSP emulators. :( :(

I’m sure you can think of more appropriate ways to word that. Let’s keep it clean, okay? But welcome to the club!

Well, I think the only time we've ever talked about Dragon Quest was to literally ask the question "...has anyone even played this?" So I dunno. TWEWY comes up often enough but I feel like worst case, it could be contained in a thread for it in Video Gaming. Every time it does come up, it only gets one or two posts before the topic changes. Hmm.

:/ Do we want to keep this thread all in one? Is anyone really opposed to splitting it? I think at this point it makes more sense to split them up because the back-and-forth for each series drowns out the other. There’s so much to talk about right now and it’s hard finding a balance. Any opinions?

hahaha before I formatted this, it was 16 pages in word. /COLLAPSES

I skimmed through it. my head hurts hahah.

Oh yeah about Days, I forgot about that, but yeah.
Sora's voice seems a bit off imo, like HJO's voice but it feels like it isnt, and Lea sounds off too a tiny bit Idk if quinn flynn returned as Lea, but idk. We'll see. and YMX is David WHUT!? there is a emulator of it, but I think you have to use a PSP to play it. Im not sure i can ask my friend said he has it on his computer.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here