The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Ray F
' Friendship > Chuck Norris

Advertise here
I love it when the storyline, plot, and developing of the story is unique, which is really rare. This hackroms that try to do something different are awesome.

This one is great, I love the graphics, every script, the development of the story. How you write for every character is sweet as well.

I'm happily waiting for the next beta release.
Everyone will catch up soon and this will be a bomb.

Disclaimer: English is not my native language.
I'd appreciate any corrections on my grammar. (;

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:24 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Also does Brightbulb City have an Electric gym since bulb does sound electrical? Also does Eevee still have the ability to speak English like Meowth?
Actually, I haven't gotten into editing the gym in there yet but probably yes (although the city being called Brightbulb has nothing to do with the gym).
Eevee doesn't appear in any cutscenes in Beta 3 (expect for the beginning part like in Beta 2 as well) so I'm going to have to say "no" (why would it have unlearned to talk ?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray F View Post
I love it when the storyline, plot, and developing of the story is unique, which is really rare. This hackroms that try to do something different are awesome.

This one is great, I love the graphics, every script, the development of the story. How you write for every character is sweet as well.

I'm happily waiting for the next beta release.
Thanks, a lot!

Having feedback like this really motivates you to continue you know (although I've had no problems with that and intend to finish the hack anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray F View Post
Everyone will catch up soon and this will be a bomb.
Let's hope so, hahha :D

Here is a small update!

EDIT:
I've re-done the main thread so go to check it out (you may even find some Beta 3 related things in there)

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; May 7th, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Vittorini
Expert Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Playing this now! I love gen II hacks and this one looks excellent! Keep it up. Is beta 3 still in the works?
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Why are you decreasing the starters' stats?
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:55 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorini View Post
Playing this now! I love gen II hacks and this one looks excellent! Keep it up.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorini View Post
Is beta 3 still in the works?
I've been posting updates about progress of the hack lately, so yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
Why are you decreasing the starters' stats?
For balancing. I know there are people who play this game by using Eevee and all three Kanto starters and that kind of team is definitely better than for example Eevee, Bellsprout, Vulpix and Krabby. I'm currently testing the game by playing through all kinds of events I make with a regular team consisting of Eevee, Ponyta, Pidgeotto and Raichu (a strong one here) and even with low playing speeds I can still make it through.

What I want by doing this is to make the game a little more difficult to beat for those who happen to play it with starters only. And even after that 10% stats decrease, they will be stronger than most of the other pokemon from that type you could use.

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; May 8th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
classiccartoonsftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
For balancing. I know there are people who play this game by using Eevee and all three Kanto starters and that kind of team is definitely better than for example Eevee, Bellsprout, Vulpix and Krabby. I'm currently testing the game by playing through all kinds of events I make with a regular team consisting of Eevee, Ponyta, Pidgeotto and Raichu (a strong one here) and even with low playing speeds I can still make it through.

What I want by doing this is to make the game a little more difficult to beat for those who happen to play it with starters only. And even after that 10% stats decrease, they will be stronger than most of the other pokemon from that type you could use.
Is Raichu getting buffed in this hack? I'd love to have it in my team!
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
!MaX!

So, FINALLY, after many months I get to play the beta!

I'm now just before facing the 3rd gym........actually I tried to face it but the gym leader kicked my butt to the skies!XD

Here's some feedback!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the story line and the work you have done with the scripting!

It saddens me that not so many people post in this thread!(then again, not that many people are in this forum anymore as they used to be)

Maybe they are not so fond of 2nd generation hacks!

Of course, this cannot compete (yet) with Coolboyman's hacks but it's still a good silver hack which is hard to find!

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler:

#1 Intro

Which there's none!

No intro video, no title at all!

But considering this is still beta, I kinda expected to be no intro yet!

#2 Unnecessary text

As some people pointed out, SOME of the text is boring and Oak talks for ever!

I don't mind when the developer introduces his hack

but school???

Even on Saturday for that matter?(the day I started playing the hack)

People don't wanna listen about School, they hate it!

But I do like the Eevee script!

#3 Bulbasaur

This..I don't hate!

I like how you have to train in order to not only get a new pokemon but also to proceed further into the game, although I find too convenient that someone would give away a rare pokemon as Bulbasaur is, so easily ( well, actually you do have to win her in a battle first...got me there)

The only two issues I have with this are the following

a: Nothing too serious but every time you visit her after the first, she keeps repeating the same thing about that you have to win her in a battle etc.

There is no need for the repetitiveness!

After the first time, she should simple say "Ready to battle me?" or something like that!

b: When I finally beat her, I noticed this!

The Bulbasaur I faced was a female but the Bulbasaur she gave me was a male!

I tried to repeat the "bug" just to make sure!

I know that this has to do with how the engine works!

I'm not sure if you can somehow fix it, again it's nothing too serious but it's still kinda confusing!

#4 Storyline

So, I have just gotten Bulbasaur and then it hit me that I still had to go to Saturday School!

I was pissed!XD

I was walking towards Oak's office thinking that I would have to pass 10 more minutes of boring text about School, studying and scolding about being late!

I start talking with him and then....

GREAT SCOTT!!!!

I was hit in the face with a grand atomic bomb of story line goodness!

Crysis, Elemental Orbs, a human "nakama" to accompany you during the journey, this started to feel like a final fantasy rpg!

Oh w8....

Holy freak, that's some funny stuff!

My only objection is...

The entire planet?

What the freak, Oak?

Isn't this a task too dangerous to entrust two little kids with?

One kid exploring two entire regions, battling other dangerous creatures that could kill it anytime and facing off an entire criminal organization is perfectly fine but two kids having to explore the entire planet for some stones (or orbs, whatever) is just going too far!

#5 Metapod

What the freak?

#6 Cave

Realistic I see!

Nice idea and very original obstacle, I say!

#7 gyms, HMs, and pokemon through trade

I like the fact that this time your objective isn't the badges but something entirely different, the elemental orbs!

But what about the gyms then?

It's not so the fact that they serve little to no purpose now other than getting a few items and progressing the game (the usual "Come back here later" thingy) but how are we gonna be able to use HMs and pokemon through trade now?

#8 Key

Speaking of gyms, I had an issue with the 2nd gym!

The main problem is that it's too hard to figure out how to progress!

After searching the entire areas that I had explored up to that point for a clue,I figured out that the way to proceed was through defeating the gym and that the key for it was hidden somewhere in the map and you had to find it with Itemfinder!

After mindlessly using the Itemfinder all over Little Stone town, I finally found it!

Here's the thing....in my opinion a hidden item needed to progress should only be necessary for side quests, not for the main story!

In others rgps you can find a hidden item sparkling into a corner even if it's not actually visible or sometimes you have to find a certain clue or you have to beat a puzzle, but here the only clue we have is this!

#9 Stairs

I like the automated stairs!

Pretty original idea!

#10 trainer script

I didn't see that coming!

I didn't know you could make a wondering npc actually be able to battle you!

Good job!

#11 Shop

At first this was creepy since there was no sound!

But the goon threatening the shopkeeper is a far better script than rocket grunts holding guard on the doors all over Goldenrod City's buildings!

#12 Darkness Script

So, we finally see Oscar again...oh w8, who is that coming?

Oh, he has only one pokemon, that shouldn't be so tou...

ooOOOuuUUUUUUUUTHAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH, WHAT THE FREAK????

Jokes aside, I literally freaked out when I first saw his pokemon!

My first thought was "Oh no, Miksy91 has gone again "Pokemon Ultimate End" all over our @$$es!"

That is until I saw that I didn't white out after I lost and I realized that you are supposed to lose!(and yet, freaking useless Oscar did nothing the entire time other than taking a nap into the corner as his friend got beaten to a pulp)

Now, I have to say that I actually like the idea!

Pretty innovating when compared to other pokemon games, here the protagonist sees that he isn't invincible and will probably realize that in order to succeed he will have to work harder!

#13 Portal

Ok, for a pokemon game this is original but.......pretty random!

Way too convenient I think!

It sorta reminds me of Kingdom Hearts where the protagonists find a book that leads into Winnie the Pooh bear's world!

Where you inspired from that?

Either way, I like the idea!

And...that's all for now!

I do have some other things I want to address and there might be some things I forgot but I will leave it at this for now!

Overall, this hack looks promising so far!

I will edit or make another post later some other time or day!

Last edited by !MaX!; May 14th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:57 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
So, FINALLY, after many months I get to play the beta!

I'm now just before facing the 3rd gym........actually I tried to face it but the gym leader kicked my butt to the skies!XD

Here's some feedback!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the story line and the work you have done with the scripting!

It saddens me that not so many people post in this thread!(then again, not that many people are in this forum anymore as they used to be)

Maybe they are not so fond of 2nd generation hacks!

Of course, this cannot compete (yet) with Coolboyman's hacks but it's still a good silver hack which is hard to find!
Thanks for positive feedback!

Now, time to quote to the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Quote:
#1 Intro

Which there's none!

No intro video, no title at all!

But considering this is still beta, I kinda expected to be no intro yet!
I haven't gotten anyone to make a title screen for me yet. Hopefully one will be inserted in the future.

Quote:
#2 Unnecessary text

As some people pointed out, SOME of the text is boring and Oak talks for ever!

I don't mind when the developer introduces his hack

but school???

Even on Saturday for that matter?(the day I started playing the hack)

People don't wanna listen about School, they hate it!
It may feel boring but then again, I had to figure a reason for player to go to visit his professor in university.

Quote:
#3 Bulbasaur

This..I don't hate!

I like how you have to train in order to not only get a new pokemon but also to proceed further into the game, although I find too convenient that someone would give away a rare pokemon as Bulbasaur is, so easily ( well, actually you do have to win her in a battle first...got me there)

The only two issues I have with this are the following

a: Nothing too serious but every time you visit her after the first, she keeps repeating the same thing about that you have to win her in a battle etc.

There is no need for the repetitiveness!

After the first time, she should simple say "Ready to battle me?" or something like that!

b: When I finally beat her, I noticed this!

The Bulbasaur I faced was a female but the Bulbasaur she gave me was a male!

I tried to repeat the "bug" just to make sure!

I know that this has to do with how the engine works!

I'm not sure if you can somehow fix it, again it's nothing too serious but it's still kinda confusing!
About repetitiveness, I really don't want to waste more space than required (although I don't think this problem will ever get in my way throughout the hacking process) so that's why no "useless" text has been added there. If you think about the script though, Theresa won't say the same thing over and over again, instead the "intro" text has been cut off.

Thanks for reporting that bug! I'm pretty sure that I can actually fix it (by making it so that the gender of the received Bulbasaur is the same as the one of encountered (I can't change the gender of the encountered Bulbasaur however)).

Quote:
#4 Storyline

So, I have just gotten Bulbasaur and then it hit me that I still had to go to Saturday School!

I was pissed!XD

I was walking towards Oak's office thinking that I would have to pass 10 more minutes of boring text about School, studying and scolding about being late!

I start talking with him and then....

GREAT SCOTT!!!!

I was hit in the face with a grand atomic bomb of story line goodness!

Crysis, Elemental Orbs, a human "nakama" to accompany you during the journey, this started to feel like a final fantasy rpg!

Oh w8....

Holy freak, that's some funny stuff!

My only objection is...

The entire planet?

What the freak, Oak?

Isn't this a task too dangerous to entrust two little kids with?

One kid exploring two entire regions, battling other dangerous creatures that could kill it anytime and facing off an entire criminal organization is perfectly fine but two kids having to explore the entire planet for some stones (or orbs, whatever) is just going too far!
I agree that something has to be done with Oak's talking. The things he say will change a little bit (because by now I've planned the storyline following events better and how to implement them). Glad you like the script overall though!

Quote:
#5 Metapod

What the freak?
What's so wrong with that ? The bug catcher tells that his Metapod can use Headbutt after all :D

Quote:
#6 Cave

Realistic I see!

Nice idea and very original obstacle, I say!
Thanks

Quote:
#7 gyms, HMs, and pokemon through trade

I like the fact that this time your objective isn't the badges but something entirely different, the elemental orbs!

But what about the gyms then?

It's not so the fact that they serve little to no purpose now other than getting a few items and progressing the game (the usual "Come back here later" thingy) but how are we gonna be able to use HMs and pokemon through trade now?
I've disabled the in-game check for whether you've badges or not. Traded pokemon always obey you and badges aren't required to use HMs. Both of these are explained in main post.
Gyms then again are in the game because I thought people would like it if there were gym leaders to be battled. They serve no purpose to the game itself nevertheless.

Quote:
#8 Key

Speaking of gyms, I had an issue with the 2nd gym!

The main problem is that it's too hard to figure out how to progress!

After searching the entire areas that I had explored up to that point for a clue,I figured out that the way to proceed was through defeating the gym and that the key for it was hidden somewhere in the map and you had to find it with Itemfinder!

After mindlessly using the Itemfinder all over Little Stone town, I finally found it!

Here's the thing....in my opinion a hidden item needed to progress should only be necessary for side quests, not for the main story!

In others rgps you can find a hidden item sparkling into a corner even if it's not actually visible or sometimes you have to find a certain clue or you have to beat a puzzle, but here the only clue we have is this!

Yet another mistake I've made with the hack this far. First I thought it would be cool if this game was a little "Metroid-like" but I really hate how this turned out. I'll be changing it later so that either you're given the Key to unlock the door or it's opened straight in the beginning (that may be a better thing 'cause they still mention the thing about unlocking doors with Keys).

Actually Treasure Hunter explains the Key to the gym is missing and may still be in town but you need to talk to him again for making him say that (not that well implemented either)

Quote:
#9 Stairs

I like the automated stairs!

Pretty original idea!

#10 trainer script

I didn't see that coming!

I didn't know you could make a wondering npc actually be able to battle you!

Good job!

#11 Shop

At first this was creepy since there was no sound!

But the goon threatening the shopkeeper is a far better script than rocket grunts holding guard on the doors all over Goldenrod City's buildings!
Nice to hear you like all these things

Quote:
#12 Darkness Script

So, we finally see Oscar again...oh w8, who is that coming?

Oh, he has only one pokemon, that shouldn't be so tou...

ooOOOuuUUUUUUUUTHAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH, WHAT THE FREAK????

Jokes aside, I literally freaked out when I first saw his pokemon!

My first thought was "Oh no, Miksy91 has gone again "Pokemon Ultimate End" all over our @$$es!"

That is until I saw that I didn't white out after I lost and I realized that you are supposed to lose!(and yet, freaking useless Oscar did nothing the entire time other than taking a nap into the corner as his friend got beaten to a pulp)

Now, I have to say that I actually like the idea!

Pretty innovating when compared to other pokemon games, here the protagonist sees that he isn't invincible and will probably realize that in order to succeed he will have to work harder!
Great to hear you liked it!
And it looks like Steelix was enough to scare people after all, haha :D

Quote:
#13 Portal

Ok, for a pokemon game this is original but.......pretty random!

Way too convenient I think!

It sorta reminds me of Kingdom Hearts where the protagonists find a book that leads into Winnie the Pooh bear's world!

Where you inspired from that?

Either way, I like the idea!
The idea is indeed from Kingdom Hearts :D

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; May 15th, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM
!MaX!

I do have one more thing!

Before I proceed any further I want you to answer me a certain question!

Spoiler:

I saw you have done a lot of changes on Eevee's skills(and from what I figure on its evolutions as well, since my Umbreon didn't learn Pursuit) and then I get the De-stone!

So my question is this!

Was I supposed to NOT evolve Eevee?

Will it affect the game's script in some way or another if I don't have Eevee with me?
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:42 AM
miksy91

Small update !

I took Max's advice in notice and corrected things that required fixing.

No longer in Beta 3 you'll have to find a Key to the gym in Little Stone, the things that Professor Oak tells you have been changed a little bit, Bulbasaur gender bug is now fixed (will actually be always female because I didn't feel like changing the asm routine of receiving a specific pokemon), and intro school-related things will also be changed but I haven't gotten into editing them yet.

Next, I'm going to finish Brigthbulb City (last city in Beta 3), a couple of other special areas, insert some battle sprites (not anything that special really but has to be done) and test that everything works like I intended to. I'm planning to release Beta 3 this summer but not going to give any release dates as I can't really tell how long it will take but not long though

Quote:
I do have one more thing!

Before I proceed any further I want you to answer me a certain question!

Spoiler:

I saw you have done a lot of changes on Eevee's skills(and from what I figure on its evolutions as well, since my Umbreon didn't learn Pursuit) and then I get the De-stone!

So my question is this!

Was I supposed to NOT evolve Eevee?

Will it affect the game's script in some way or another if I don't have Eevee with me?
Answered as Visitor Message.

Hacks I support

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Krueger666
Beginning Trainer

Hi all pokemaniacs,

first what i want to say is that i really like your hacks, I think that I can call you pro You are great and all this new staff, this is like I play new pokemon not silver :D

Now i want ask you or anyone other here because I am mobile pokemon player, is any chance to change this ibs file to gbc so i can play your hacks on mobile? And how to do that?

Thanks
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger666 View Post
Hi all pokemaniacs,

first what i want to say is that i really like your hacks, I think that I can call you pro You are great and all this new staff, this is like I play new pokemon not silver :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger666 View Post
Now i want ask you or anyone other here because I am mobile pokemon player, is any chance to change this ibs file to gbc so i can play your hacks on mobile? And how to do that?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...52#post2228252

Beta 3 announcement

I'm not far from releasing a new beta now. I'm not going to give a certain release date yet but I'm quite sure the new version will be released 15/16th June. Eventually, I'll be posting more updates about it and take off Beta 2 links from the first post but they may still stay there for the time being.

Hacks I support

Old May 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
The Broken Chipset
Beginning Trainer

This is a great Silver ROM hack. Better than the original!
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM
cabusao10
Pogi

Nature: Modest
i cant w8 to play the next beta )
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
!MaX!

So, I finally finished the beta!

Here is my final feedback!

Spoiler:

#14 Shop again

The audio from the shop is still missing!

#15 Rival

Now, who that might be?

Surprise, surprise!

A new rival!

At least, so i think!

Considering we see him being referred again, I assume that he is indeed the rival!

And it's nice for once to have a rival that isn't "evil"...at least I think he isn't XD

#16 Isaac

Holy freak, this "Hulk" kicked my @$$ more than I can count!

And his second pokemon is a Pikachu!

At first, it doesn't make much sense, I understand that it was put there as a defense against flying-type pokemon but I was rather expecting an Electabuzz!

Surprisingly, that Pikachu is tough!

Even when I leveled up my Bulbasaur by a lot, it still gave me a hard time!

And so, I managed to beat Isaac only with Bulbasaur in my very first time.......or so I thought until "cheater" Isaac sent Poliwrath to scoop me up and out!XD

Fairly enough, the 2nd battle didn't white me out and Issac gave me the right to pass through the path that leads to Milky Village!

Oh w8.....

So,since I didn't have anything better to do, I decided to exploit the battle with Isaac to train my Pokemon!

By getting my @$$ whooped, that's how!

Woooooh, that was one hell of a beta!

I expect even more from the next one!

But before that....

#17 Companions

And I'm referring to Eevee and Oscar, especially Oscar!

We finished the 4th gym and our companions didn't have that much screen time!

Even Oscar didn't get to do anything else other than carry me to the lab so I could rest after the fight with the Darkness Captain!

I assume Eevee never gonna appear again but Oscar really needs more screen time!

#18 custom stuff

Custom music, custom sprites, maybe pokemon from other generations, heck even fakemon, etc.

I remember you saying that you are not going to add any new pokemon, I really hope you change your mind but for now I'm gonna pass that!

I know that you don't like sprites that serve no purpose but custom sprites really add some uniqueness and freshness to a hack!

Of course, there is some recoloring and we do have the sprite of the protagonist but there is nothing else!

Think about this!

Speaking about sprites, since the name of the rival is Ronald you might wanna use the sprite of Ronald from the Pokemon: Trading Card Game

Oh, and yeah we do need some custom music!

#19 ???

And now, for some bloopers!

OMG, Oscar turned evil!

O.o

Interesting!

Guess I'm gonna need the De-Stone after all!

That's all for now, if I have forgotten anything that's what the edit button is for!

Quote:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...52#post2228252

Beta 3 announcement

I'm not far from releasing a new beta now. I'm not going to give a certain release date yet but I'm quite sure the new version will be released 15/16th June.
Oh snap!

Sadness!

I won't be able to play the new beta until July since my exams come in a week!(Actually, this is a lie! I will probably still play but the fact is that my free time is restricted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
...But it turned out to not help me vs the Gym at all, which seems overpowered to say the least.
Although this is late, here's my strategy and I think you'll agree!

Actually, there is an easy way to defeat the first gym, Miksy91 has given us the weapons to do it!

Spoiler:
And, since I have the opportunity, let me tell you that Bulbasaur is probably the most valuable pokemon you have at least for this beta!

So, let's go on with the strategy!

Go into the Technical University of SUDEN and find Defense Curl!

You're gonna need the Item Finder for that!

Teach Bulbasaur the Defense Curl you got!

Go and battle Ritch!

Use Sand-Attack on his first pokemon 6 times!

Do not beat his first pokemon yet!

Bring out Bulbasaur!

Use Defense Curl 6 times!

By now Bulbasaur should be able to withstand the attacks of all of Ritch's pokemon!

Use Leech Seed and beat all of his pokemon to the ground!

And that's how you can easily beat the first gym!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Broken Chipset View Post
This is a great Silver ROM hack. Better than the original!
Thanks

Now on to quotes (in spoiler).

Spoiler:

Quote:
So, I finally finished the beta!

Here is my final feedback!

#14 Shop again

The audio from the shop is still missing!
Good point!

I was lazy to fix that then and should really do something about it. In Beta 3, there will be music after Team Darkness has left.

Quote:
Woooooh, that was one hell of a beta!

I expect even more from the next one!
Thanks !
And you won't be disappointed when you get to play Beta 3

Quote:
#17 Companions

And I'm referring to Eevee and Oscar, especially Oscar!

We finished the 4th gym and our companions didn't have that much screen time!

Even Oscar didn't get to do anything else other than carry me to the lab so I could rest after the fight with the Darkness Captain!

I assume Eevee never gonna appear again but Oscar really needs more screen time!
Another valid point.

I don't think Eevee will be seen that much until the end of the hack where there should be a special event for it. About Oscar though, he makes a small (very) comeback in a scene in one of the cities accessable in Beta 3. I really should make him come out more often but it always takes a lot of scripting (which is the minor problem with this) but the major problem would be the fact, it's hard to think of a good reason for him to show up. It would be pointless (and probably annoying too) if he showed up in almost every little cutscene where he wouldn't be needed.

However, there is one storyline related scene in the game where he'll play a major role (further ahead, Beta 4 or 5 ???). It's also possible that I'll input an assembly code for the team to split apart so you may also be able to control him at some part of the hack (I may not be able to do it yet but it's far from impossible (and I'd say KBM could do it)).

Quote:
#18 custom stuff

Custom music, custom sprites, maybe pokemon from other generations, heck even fakemon, etc.

I remember you saying that you are not going to add any new pokemon, I really hope you change your mind but for now I'm gonna pass that!

I know that you don't like sprites that serve no purpose but custom sprites really add some uniqueness and freshness to a hack!

Of course, there is some recoloring and we do have the sprite of the protagonist but there is nothing else!

Think about this!

Speaking about sprites, since the name of the rival is Ronald you might wanna use the sprite of Ronald from the Pokemon: Trading Card Game

Oh, and yeah we do need some custom music!
Custom graphics, sprites and especially music (it would be awesome if the "upper-class" of Team Darkness had their own battle-theme) would be a fantastic add-on (if work was done properly of course).

These things are something that I can't do myself though so I'd need to get someone to do the job for me. I didn't even draw player's ow myself as I'm very bad at spriting. About custom graphics though, I can say for certain that there are two new battle sprites to be seen in Beta 3.

About adding pokemon from newer gens, I think the biggest obstacle about doing it would be the fact I'd have to re-colour them first (and I don't really like doing this kind of stuff). Even editing wild pokemon and trainers can be annoying sometimes (although it has to be done). Same thing with editing random people in towns who say something that may not even be really game-related. Anyway, I like most 3rd gen pokemon too (and some of further gens too) but I wouldn't want to remove many from 2nd gen either. Probably ones like Qwilfish and Smeargle (Smeargle is cool but does somebody really use it ?) could go so I could add new ones because in theory (not really because KBM has created one for adding 256 more pokemon into GSC) only one new pokemon can be added to the game without replacing any of the existing 251 (+ egg) (not going to explain why it's so but still).

About Roland not having a new overworld sprite, I think it's cool that he looks like any normal camper and can easily confuse you with one :D
You will confuse him at first with any other camper when you meet him in Beta 3 as well
One thing I implemented for him is custom battle music that differs from other campers though (which won't be anything more special than rival's theme from GSC)

Quote:
#19 ???

And now, for some bloopers!

OMG, Oscar turned evil!

O.o

Interesting!

Guess I'm gonna need the De-Stone after all!
:D

You got to the Sprout Tower from North Star (through "unterable" warp) right ? North Star was originally based on that building (believe it or not) and I thought of having that room of it as the "hidden" part of the cave but I believe I've already used it for another map. In Beta 3, you still won't be able to get to that room and that warp won't lead anywhere either (unlike in this situation).

Another "walk through walls" cheat, item from [insert name of Area here] ? By the way, even 4 of those Pages can be obtained in Beta 3 (including the one I assume you got).

One thing you didn't tell about (so I thought you didn't find it either).

Spoiler:

Did you find the hidden Diglett event in Mt. Lima ? It's there almost next to the gentleman close to the Area 105 exit. More accurately, go standing in front of the gentleman. Walk 3 steps left, 2 up, 2 left, 1 up and click A in front of the "hole" you should see on the left side of you.

Spoiler:

You might meet a certain bird this way in Beta 3 as well...

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 2nd, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
miksy91

Beta 3 update !

I'm done !!!
Beta 3 is 100% finished and only thing yet to be done would be testing that everything works the way it should.
It will definitely be downloadable by 15th June but maybe (and I don't see why not) even already this weekend !

I've already beta-tested it once, and then I corrected most minor bugs I noticed and there ought not to be many left to fix. Anyway, I should be able to confirm by Friday whether you can download it this weekend or not

Spoiler:
If you thought Beta 2 was something, just wait till you see what the upcoming events are like

Hacks I support

Old June 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
classiccartoonsftw

If we can download the third beta this weekend, then I'll happily accept it as my birthday present from you

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
!MaX!

Quote:
If we can download the third beta this weekend, then I'll happily accept it as my birthday present from you
That makes two of us!

My birthday is tomorrow!(ok, it isn't on the weekend but it's still close)

And since the beta is coming out this weekend, I think I will have some time to play it before I get bombarded by my exams!XD
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM
classiccartoonsftw

Quote:
That makes two of us!

My birthday is tomorrow!(ok, it isn't on the weekend but it's still close)

And since the beta is coming out this weekend, I think I will have some time to play it before I get bombarded by my exams!XD
Well, happy birthday to you, then! And good luck with your exams!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
miksy91

IT IS HERE !

That's right! Although I was planning for the release to be up this weekend, it's here already. The hack has been tested through and it would be stupid to say that it's completely bug-free (because it's very likely not, even most games have bugs in their programming) but at least I didn't find any bugs while testing it out and can say for sure that the Beta 3.0 is a fully playable release.

So I don't think there is a need for updates like what you may have seen with Beta 2.

For Beta 2 users though, I'd advise deleting your old save file and starting over from the beginning but you'll find documentation about what to do (inside the Dark Future Beta 3.0.zip file).

Hacks I support

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Hokorashiimesuinu
sinnoh master

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
IT IS HERE !

That's right! Although I was planning for the release to be up this weekend, it's here already. The hack has been tested through and it would be stupid to say that it's completely bug-free (because it's very likely not, even most games have bugs in their programming) but at least I didn't find any bugs while testing it out and can say for sure that the Beta 3.0 is a fully playable release.

So I don't think there is a need for updates like what you may have seen with Beta 2.

For Beta 2 users though, I'd advise deleting your old save file and starting over from the beginning but you'll find documentation about what to do (inside the Dark Future Beta 3.0.zip file).
How far does this beta go?
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
classiccartoonsftw

Thanks for this early birthday present! :D

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokorashiimesuinu View Post
How far does this beta go?
The best way to describe it would be as is written beneath the downloadlink, "Up to Brightbulb City".

It would be wrong to state it like with Beta 2, "Length: 4 gyms", because even though there are six leaders to be battled, they serve no purpose to the hack itself. What's more, only three of them have to be faced anyhow and the others are just there to be trained with. Besides, you can compete in the Grand Tower (a little bit similar to Indigo Plateau and Battle Tower) as well, collect some pages to the book in Area 104 and do stuff I don't want to talk about because that way, I'd eventually spoil everything. Just see for yourself how it is!

If you're wondering about how much of the hack is done though, I'd say the progress is at somewhere between 30-60% (this is definitely going to be one of the longest hacks out there).

Quote:
Thanks for this early birthday present! :D
You're welcome! Make sure you leave feedback later on how this birthday present was

Hacks I support

Last edited by miksy91; June 6th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

How far in Brightbulb City? Like arriving there or doing every event there that can be done? Also do I use a Pokemon Silver U ROM to patch Beta 3 to? Oh and on the first post the map with castle says Viridian City, even though I don't think Viridian City will actually appear ingame. Maybe mentioned or lampshaded by an NPC... Fufufu...

By the way is Suden another planet close to the Pokemon World or is Suden close to another familiar region (Kanto, Unova, Almia, etc.) or is Suden your name for the Pokemon world?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here