The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Discuss the remakes of 2003's best Game Boy Advance games! (Are some of us seriously that old?)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Yeah... My clubs are dying.... Too busy with other stuff to deal with it.
@Sector
I like short and sweet usually. Mostly because I have to post a million other places. And because I can usually get my point across in those few words too.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both short and long posts/responses though, so neither is bad :X

Old May 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
*Poke*

Don't die on us now, IWT! And to think, this is one of the most popular boards with post count enabled and everything!
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Nature: Naive
I used to be in a few clubs. It was fun. The best one was the PokéSpe Manga fanclub that Syd started. Then it had to close because apparently we stole activity from the manga section on PC......... ._. the manga section didn't become any more active and the club was missed. So.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
What I love about Pokemon Clubs is that you can talk a lot about a select group of Pokemon, whether it be types, appearance, Gym Leaders and much more!

I'm enjoying the Ghost-type and Water-type clubs right now.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Well, I have the Roleplay Discussion Thread to discuss anything related to pokémon and anything related to anything in xD It's supposed to be only about roleplaying, but it goes offtopic so very often haha.

Maybe I should try to join a club again, here. But I'm not sure which one. I doubt I'd stay interested in chatting about a single type of pokémon or something. Maybe there's a Cheren/Bianca club? :D
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I used to be in a few clubs. It was fun. The best one was the PokéSpe Manga fanclub that Syd started. Then it had to close because apparently we stole activity from the manga section on PC......... ._. the manga section didn't become any more active and the club was missed. So.
This should be brought back. :(
Given that Capt. Fabio has the Video Gamers Unite in Other Clubs and all.

And I'd like to join a Cheren/Bianca club! :3
Water-type FC is currently fun, too, btw.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Yeah, a Bianca & Cheren club would really be cool considering how they're the focus in a lot of users' avatar/signature themes right now plus I think DualRivalShipping is the cutest shipping in the games.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
This should be brought back. :(
Given that Capt. Fabio has the Video Gamers Unite in Other Clubs and all.

And I'd like to join a Cheren/Bianca club! :3
Water-type FC is currently fun, too, btw.
Yeah! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Yeah, a Bianca & Cheren club would really be cool considering how they're the focus in a lot of users' avatar/signature themes right now plus I think DualRivalShipping is the cutest shipping in the games.
Hmm, maybe someone should make a Unova Rivals Fanclub? It would feature Cheren / Bianca / dat new boy and perhaps even N... though he isn't as much of a rival as he is a real antagonist, I guess.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
RED HAWT! <3

Anyway, yeh my club is going well, which I am happy about. Why don't you make a club? It is cool, but you do need to maintain it! XD
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Will <3

Me? I think I have enough with the RPs I'm maintaining :p
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I know exactly what you mean, and honestly I'm kinda upset that this club was closed too. But tbh in my mind a fan club about the manga is completely different to the manga section so I can't really understand why it was closed; especially as it was so active. I guess it is a fair assumption that it'd be taking away from Manga's activity, but that's just like saying type based clubs take away from discussions such as "What is your favourite type?" in Pokemon General so I don't really see why one would warrant closing and the other wouldn't... I'll talk to Toujours about it and maybe we'll be able to come to an agreement about getting the club started back up :3 (That is if Syd still wants to run it!)
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

I know exactly what you mean, and honestly I'm kinda upset that this club was closed too. But tbh in my mind a fan club about the manga is completely different to the manga section so I can't really understand why it was closed; especially as it was so active. I guess it is a fair assumption that it'd be taking away from Manga's activity, but that's just like saying type based clubs take away from discussions such as "What is your favourite type?" in Pokemon General so I don't really see why one would warrant closing and the other wouldn't... I'll talk to Toujours about it and maybe we'll be able to come to an agreement about getting the club started back up :3 (That is if Syd still wants to run it!)
Making a post in the manga section should be mandatory for every five posts you make in the Pokemon Special club! :P
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Well I toyed with the idea of what the Video Games Unite club would do for activity and if it would just take away discussion from VG, but it seems to be fine! :3
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

I like the Video Gamers Unite club, it's pretty much like a mini VG forum. It's pretty much like a VG DCC. :D
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

I am glad.
I was thinking of having a DCC, but I don't think it would work as well and it could take away activity from the boards topics.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Okay I checked with Toujours and she says no to the PokéSpe club being brought back. I don't really know why but meh, not my choice and I'm sure there are probably reasons. Sorry guys!
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Off to the Manga section we go \o/
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

Okay I checked with Toujours and she says no to the PokéSpe club being brought back. I don't really know why but meh, not my choice and I'm sure there are probably reasons. Sorry guys!
It's mostly because of the belief that this section would get more life if we don't have such a club. And I think it's too late anyways since the winds have scattered them all. xP

To MF iirc

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Yeah 'cos that happened... xD
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
No need for alarm! The IWT doctor's in the house, everyone!

So... how 'bout them comic books? Eh?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I love PokéSpe. I can't believe this thread has more views than the month old threads' and the stickies' of the section combined! Does it really deserve this little a discussion? And a relative lack of popularity?

Makes me wonder how the corresponding fan club became so active.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:03 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Because being in a club is fun! You could always pop in and recognize almost everyone and greet new members, and all the members knew enough about pokéspe so you didn't have to explain things all the time.

I love pokéspe and I think that pokémon universe is the best one. All the stories make much more sense than their game counterparts, and there is (well, at least used to be) incredible originality in the plots and characters.

I should re-read the first two arcs when I have time. Like, in the summer.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Isn't the Pokemon manga like, really dark and twisted compared to the anime? o.o

/in regards to Kanto & Johto, never heard about Gen III + mangas.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Not "really dark", just with a real story (compared to none at all in the anime) and with more believable depictions of pokémon and battles. At least in the first arcs. There is a famous scene with Cubone zombies and Arbok getting its head chopped off... and in the R/S arc some important people die... and the bomb in the D/P arc sounds really scary... but other than that, naah whaddaya mean :D

if you mean pokéspe, that is.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It's very grim compared to the generally light-hearted and ambiguous anime.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here