Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenhartKrie View Post
yeah i feel like a massive shmuck writing this, but anyway may as well.
Are there any pokemon RP's that still have sign ups? I really want to join one, but all of them already seen pretty established.
Welcome :3 A good way of finding open RPs is to check the "Check if your roleplay has been accepted"-thread. New ones get posted there and they are looking for players to start up. You can also look at the RP library to see what you find interesting, and then take a peak into their OOC threads to see if the GM has posted anything about open spots. A personal recommendation from me is to join POkémon Trainer Academy. It's free so you can do pretty much whatever you want, while interacting with others and whatnot.

Read all the stickied threads, really. They are quite useful. Hence their stickyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
@Gunnerpow7- sorry! :D but thank you so very muchhh~

EDIT: @WestSideConnection- you tooo! :D thank you for nominating meee~

I hope my stalking attatitude this week is not getting on someone's nerves? :p teehee~

I've been visiting alot of roleplays lately, and i'm still deciding on wether i should join "Pokemon VR: Game of Chance" or not xD
No ones nerves, hopefully, but thanking certain people is probably best done via VM / PM instead of written in a general discussion thread ;)

Also, VR is closed. I already took on more players than originally planned. And I hope no one is going to quit very soon, because we have such a fun thing going on :] *loves playing sneaky NPCs too much*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I think VR may have closed sign ups, but definitely ask Red if you're interested.

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should reopen that critique thread. Red had it up when she was moderator but closed it because of dis-interest. Because people seem rather keen on improving and critiquing others, what are your guys thoughts on it? It would be a "only comments on how to make it better" rather than a "would you be interested in this plot" since thats what the discussion thread is for.
I don't know what I think about it now, actually. It's a very good idea, but yeah, people didn't really use it much. If we really tried setting some kind of standard there though, we could probably cleanse this thread a little from people demanding asking for opinions on certain plots or characters. Then again... what would this thread be used for then? xD They would be so similar that it could be confusing. Dunno. Give it a go, perhaps.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
No ones nerves, hopefully, but thanking certain people is probably best done via VM / PM instead of written in a general discussion thread

Also, VR is closed. I already took on more players than originally planned. And I hope no one is going to quit very soon, because we have such a fun thing going on :] *loves playing sneaky NPCs too much*
awwww damn X3 i just decided to join, gaaaahhhh~ well anyway, IF someone leaves, can you reserve a spot for me then? IF someone will ever leave :3
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:42 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
@RHCP: xD Ah boo! & I was thinking of joining Pokemon VR, I think. It's pretty cool how the RP goes. Maybe it's 'cause that it's so cool that I forget to sign-up. But I think PS would do good in your RP. You gotta allow at least one spot.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
@RHCP: xD Ah boo! & I was thinking of joining Pokemon VR, I think. It's pretty cool how the RP goes. Maybe it's 'cause that it's so cool that I forget to sign-up. But I think PS would do good in your RP. You gotta allow at least one spot.
IIRC there were about 7-8 people already fighting for the spots when it was open. Plus, RHCP already has Arcanum to maintain plus other RPs as well, so I guess it's okay if the spots in that RP remain limited.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeepImpact- View Post

IIRC there were about 7-8 people already fighting for the spots when it was open. Plus, RHCP already has Arcanum to maintain plus other RPs as well, so I guess it's okay if the spots in that RP remain limited.
Um, in english please? *brain rots*

~Dia+PS~
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
he means that its better if the roleplay stays unopen for new SU's because RHCP is very busy with other things too.

don't worry, it's alright, i guess i just should've been a little earlier.
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
We can use this thread to pimp out our future RPs, right? Or at least gauge interest in them? 'Cause I've got one in the works involving Pokemon Gym Leaders teaming up to help root out the cause of a natural disaster. Does that sound interesting enough? (There's a lot more to it, but that's the 'pitch', so to speak.)
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
lolwut don't see how you couldn't get that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
We can use this thread to pimp out our future RPs, right? Or at least gauge interest in them? 'Cause I've got one in the works involving Pokemon Gym Leaders teaming up to help root out the cause of a natural disaster. Does that sound interesting enough? (There's a lot more to it, but that's the 'pitch', so to speak.)
Yup, you can use this thread to present your basic ideas to see whether people are interested. :]

Even though that's a very basic explanation of your plot, I'm kind of interested. So basically, you would play gym leaders? Are they existing gym leaders in an existing region or will the leaders be original characters created by the RPers? And I have got a lot more questions, but I guess everything will be revealed once you release the plot. xD
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Quote:
Yup, you can use this thread to present your basic ideas to see whether people are interested. :]

Even though that's a very basic explanation of your plot, I'm kind of interested. So basically, you would play gym leaders? Are they existing gym leaders in an existing region or will the leaders be original characters created by the RPers? And I have got a lot more questions, but I guess everything will be revealed once you release the plot. xD
It's a new region, so the Gym Leaders will be original characters created by the RPers. I've worked out the plot - and it's quite dense, if I do say so myself - but don't want to shoot my proverbial wad by giving too much away now. Suffice to say that the byline I gave is only the tip of the iceberg.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
*Clears her throat* Ahem! I'd just like to take a moment to introduce one of our newest RPC denizens to you all. I've recently adopted RealMrFaceMan, and am helping him out by introducing him and showing him around the board. He's my first adoption so far. c: (Hopefully the first of many.) He's also new to the forum in general.

RealMrFaceMan has been playing Dungeons & Dragons for quite a while now, and has some past experience with roleplay to boot, so I hope you'll all show him that kindness I generally love about the RPC~ Or so help me I'll..! From what I gather, he likes RPs with somewhat dark themes.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

I see, we have an Original RPer being trained by the great Yellow. Hopefully he can bring some of that D&D flare and originality to the RP section.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
RealMrFaceMan
Beginning Trainer

Hi that's me I hope I can bring originality and make it more fun for everybody!
I have no idea what to put here
Mentee of
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Enjoys hacking ROMs
Enjoys writing
Etc.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

RealMrFaceMan-It's nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy the RPC as much as everyone else. If you want, you can check the accepted threads section & see what new RPs are out. Hope this is helpful.

~Dia+PS~
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Welcome to the forums, RMFM :D. I expect great things from you, though having said that, I've technically pretty new to the RP forums myself (I tried a few years ago, but...that's not something worth talking about <_<). Enjoy your time here and have fun.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
Quote:

Hey, the third one sounds like the Lords of the Flies RP you had brought up a few months ago!

Still really interested in that kind of RP, always love a good RP based around the concept of survival. The other ideas are good too, but the third one is the best imo.
Quote:
I like idea 2. It'd be like normal everyday life. & an RP with all regions, one at a time, who wouldn't wanna try that? :D I'd join that anytime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblaze View Post
Wow I would be really interested in idea 2 or 3 i would sign up for anyone of those. It's always nice to have rps that offer you freedom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
@WestSideConnection- idea 2 and 3 sounds nice :3 i think i would join those kinds of RP's~
Thank you for your selections, and those others who supplied opinions. However, upon reaching a conclusion, I am going to pick idea 3. It seems more do-able, easier to build and would only require one GM (me,derp). Anyways, upon elaborating on it, I have made some decisions.

Stuff about RP:

• The RP would be placed on a island, traditional plane wreck, only survivors, only have the wrecked plane and whats on your back and in your pockets. (You were just on a plane so nothing crazy)
  • The RP would be M/PG-17 rated
  • The RP would have a goal, a plot and many twists (Keeping in guidelines)
  • Probably wouldn't accept too many RP'ers, There isn't always a lot of survivors of a plane crash, and that once the RP starts, no more entries (Logicstics, how many planes are going to crash on one small, isolated tropical island anyway)
  • Would have systems to maintain food,water,sleep (Like, how many posts since eating, not sure on that)
  • Yes DeepImpact, like Lord of the Flies, although I'm questionable about letting rocks being dropped on RP'ers heads.
  • Would be quite "realistic" to add effect of having to survive on a island.

So stoked since I figured out how to make those formatting lines
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideConnection View Post

Thank you for your selections, and those others who supplied opinions. However, upon reaching a conclusion, I am going to pick idea 3. It seems more do-able, easier to build and would only require one GM (me,derp). Anyways, upon elaborating on it, I have made some decisions.

Stuff about RP:

• The RP would be placed on a island, traditional plane wreck, only survivors, only have the wrecked plane and whats on your back and in your pockets. (You were just on a plane so nothing crazy)
  • The RP would be M/PG-17 rated
  • The RP would have a goal, a plot and many twists (Keeping in guidelines)
  • Probably wouldn't accept too many RP'ers, There isn't always a lot of survivors of a plane crash, and that once the RP starts, no more entries (Logicstics, how many planes are going to crash on one small, isolated tropical island anyway)
  • Would have systems to maintain food,water,sleep (Like, how many posts since eating, not sure on that)
  • Yes DeepImpact, like Lord of the Flies, although I'm questionable about letting rocks being dropped on RP'ers heads.
  • Would be quite "realistic" to add effect of having to survive on a island.

So stoked since I figured out how to make those formatting lines
Sigh... I was really hoping for idea 2. So much for joining a new RP to my taste...

~Dia+PS~
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:38 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

A survival RP? I'm interested, very interested. I'm excited to see what you make out of that idea.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

EDIT: nvm it's not worth it.

BUT, SPEAKING OF ROLEPLAYING INSTEAD~!

@ Westside - that looks cool. If you come up with game mechanics to not let people abuse / use each other unfairly, it could probably become a good RP.

@ RealMrFaceMan - Welcome to the RP Corner! Since you've got a mentor, I guess you won't need us to give you handy links and stuff here so I'll just say that I hope you'll fit right in here and have a really good time :3

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤

Last edited by Adventure; May 17th, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
I'm thinking of leaving PC. I don't feel so appreciated with how I'm always told how to get help, it's impossible for me to control how I feel. If I can't do anything right, what's the point in being here...
Stop... just stop. Please. You're free to do what you want, but, please don't spoil the atmosphere for the newer RPers who visit his thread.

@Westside: Sounds cool, bro! :D Looking forward to that RP, I just hope the mechanics aren't going to be too confusing ^_^

@Mr Cat Dog: Gaaaah your idea is pretty good too. I'm interested... but there are too many good ideas nowadays D: I probably won't have the time to join... but I guess I could give it a shot.

Also, Welcome to the RP Corner RealMrFaceMan! This is a really friendly place, you'll definitely have a good time here :D
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
Guys, just please... Stop whining. This is a RP discussion, not somewhere for you to mope when you're not getting any attention / things don't go the way you want them to. If you need to vent, don't do it here; it's starting to get very irritating.

Anyone has any problems with what I just wrote or the tone in which it comes across, good for you. I will ignore anything said in response on the basis that my intention here is not to cause drama.

... 8D

I'm going to be busy over the next 10 days, so I'm sticking to the role plays I'm currently signed up for. Good luck with your ideas though (and welcome to the new members; I'm terrible at greeting people).
I am the very model of a scientist salarian,
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian.

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@WestsideConnection That sounds pretty good. Just a sandbox survival RP with a very straightforward goal, survive. I like it!

@RealMrFaceMan Welcome to the most awesome place on PC! Having Yellow as your mentor is going to be super special awesome for you!
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

*stays quiet*

I'm thinking of making a new RP. What kind of RP sparks your taste right now?

~Dia+PS~
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Anything related Pokemon would do

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

@SD- how about Kingdom hearts? :3 i can help you if you want

(Sorry for my last post skymin ;;
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Well, I mean an RP that sparks everyone's taste, not just few. Of course it will have Pokemon.

~Dia+PS~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here