The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Well they have been known to do this many times before. Jessie's Seviper would sometimes make little noises other than its own name.
I remember that about her Seviper. I meant that actually none of the Pokemon in the trailer said their names, even that Seviper the Plasma trainer had. Though, it may just be because none of them were "cutesy" Pokemon. I'm sure if Pikachu were in it, the actress from the anime would have been used.

Quote:
And as for LeSabre's point of them over hyping the games:
They have to.
These are brand new games. New Pokemon, new features, new everything. When it comes to GF releasing a new thing, or any company releasing something new, you kind of have to be super excited of it. If you're not proud of your product, your customer won't be excited. As far as using Arcanine goes, it is a VERY well known Pokemon. My mother even knows it and she only knows three Pokemon at best. Using such an appealing Pokemon in their trailer only makes the consumer more excited to see more of this game which can potentially lead to the purchase of said game.

To be honest, it makes sense that they would use Arcanine, as random as it seems. Yes, Emboar may have been slightly more appropriate, but if they want to show that they have included Pokemon from the previous generations into the games, this is a good way to go. Yes, they did show Seviper and whatnot, but you also want to show the hero of the game having a Pokemon from another generation as well, such as Arcanine and Lucario.
Agreed totally. I have to admit, Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon, so it was great to see it in the trailer.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 17th, 2012 (10:45 AM). Edited May 17th, 2012 by Kaori.
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only. :(

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 17th, 2012 (11:55 AM).
Twilight-kun
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I really hope you can get a /RioluLucario early in the game...
Old May 17th, 2012 (12:26 PM).
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Script for anyone that's interested.
Quote:
# Exported by Aegisub 2.1.8 (built from SVN revision 4064)
N: The path that you and your Pokémon chose...
N: I wonder what it is?
# N: ---
Rival: Let's go!
Rival: We're off to get our own Pokémon!
Protagonist: Yeah.
Protagonist: Who're you?
Belle: I'm so glad we get to meet!
Belle: Ta-da!
Belle: Inside is the Pokémon that's going to be your parter.
# Belle: ---
Akuroma: There was Team Plasma.
Akuroma: They realized the true potential that Pokémon possess
Akuroma: and wanted to release that from humanity.
Akuroma: I, however,
Akuroma: am of a different opinion.
# Akuroma: ---
Kamitsure: Welcome to this stage!
Kamitsure: Between my cherished Pokémon and yours...
Kamitsure: Which will show true brilliance?
Kamitsure: We'll find out now!
# Kamitsure: ---
Plasma Girl: Let me congratulate you for making it this far.
Plasma Girl: But since there are so many of us...
Plasma Girl: I suggest surrendering.
Rival: Just warning you, I'm starting to get angry.
Cheren: Eh, they're only troublesome because of their numbers.
Rival: Let's end this quickly.
Rival: Lend me your power.
Protagnist: Kay.
Plasma Girl: Habunake, use Bite!
Protagonist: Windie, use Bite too!
Rival: Daikenki, Ice Beam!
# Rival: ---
Protagonist: Wait!
Protagonist: Lucario, Aura Sphere!
Ninja: No matter what you do, we've already met our objective.

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old May 17th, 2012 (01:17 PM). Edited May 18th, 2012 by Elite Overlord LeSabre™.
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
And as for LeSabre's point of them over hyping the games:
They have to.
These are brand new games. New Pokemon, new features, new everything. When it comes to GF releasing a new thing, or any company releasing something new, you kind of have to be super excited of it. If you're not proud of your product, your customer won't be excited. As far as using Arcanine goes, it is a VERY well known Pokemon. My mother even knows it and she only knows three Pokemon at best. Using such an appealing Pokemon in their trailer only makes the consumer more excited to see more of this game which can potentially lead to the purchase of said game.

To be honest, it makes sense that they would use Arcanine, as random as it seems. Yes, Emboar may have been slightly more appropriate, but if they want to show that they have included Pokemon from the previous generations into the games, this is a good way to go. Yes, they did show Seviper and whatnot, but you also want to show the hero of the game having a Pokemon from another generation as well, such as Arcanine and Lucario.
Actually I was talking about overhyping the fact that Arcanine was in the games, not the games themselves. I don't mind hyping up the game, but for me personally, I'm sick of seeing, "Oh look we're going to have the big hairy angry looking fire dog Pokemon in this!" It's not quite as bad as the overhyping of Pikachu throughout the entire franchise yet, but still...

Arcanine happens to be one of the most unappealing Pokemon IMO and the fact they used it, coupled with the male character instead of the female, meant that the trailer actually failed to excite me as much as it was probably meant to. Again, it's all a matter of my personal preference and me being a cat person.

Bottom line, if I went into this trailer knowing nothing else about B2/W2, I would not be interested based on the trailer alone.

Oh yeah, I don't appreciate you trying to undermine my credibility on the site.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 17th, 2012 (02:01 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Yeaaah I don't think they'll censor the trailer much other than just translate it to English. I didn't really see anything Elesa did as inappropriate tbh. Then again, this is for the games, not the anime, so as far as redrawing goes, it could be a different story and they may not. :3

...also wait if I understood the story correctly, triple battle with you, your rival and Cheren versus Plasma in the games? omg.
Hopefully! That'd be really cool. But would we be able to switch positions in the battle?
Old May 17th, 2012 (03:02 PM).
Dragonight
Random guy!

Nature: Adamant
As soon as I saw this trailer, I pre-ordered the game!

Everyone had low expectations of this, but now the game turns out to be awesome! (Hopefully.....)
Old May 17th, 2012 (03:34 PM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
I remember that about her Seviper. I meant that actually none of the Pokemon in the trailer said their names, even that Seviper the Plasma trainer had. Though, it may just be because none of them were "cutesy" Pokemon. I'm sure if Pikachu were in it, the actress from the anime would have been used.
Actually, I don't think so, even with Pikachu. Pikachu as a mascot and pokémon saying their names, it is a distinct anime thing. Pokémon Yellow Version had Pikachu saying its name because the game was based on the anime. In the other games, even the newer ones where sound channels and technology is no longer a hindrance, new pokémon get sounds that fit their physiology or appearance rather than saying their names.

This proves - again - that the game universe is totally separate from the anime universe. It's a kids thing, while the 5th gen games obviously strive to be interesting to a (somewhat) more mature audience, what with its focus on characters (Cheren and Bianca actually AGED omfg) and story instead of just introducing another new region or pokémon.

When RPing (because that's where I can relate to this xD) I have always preferred to have pokémon make noises and act at least somewhat more animal-like than they do in the anime.

Hooray for the game-verse, in short. If they ever really do a real anime based on this (but I guess it's not likely), I will love the creators forever. There's a slllllight chance that a movie could be made though, isn't there? :D why give up

Lucario totally gives out a cute bark~

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old May 17th, 2012 (04:05 PM).
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think the trailer holds some interresting concept's and shows a decent deal of what pokemon black/white 2 may look like in the future. I am very much looking forward to the game

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old May 17th, 2012 (04:08 PM).
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only.
I personally thought this was fan-made at first, just because the music was just so astounding/unexpected coming from Pokemon.

I also just adored all of those voice actors <333

All I can think about right now- pokemon b and w 2 ;o;
Can't believe half of the region is frozen over like in the trailer.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old May 17th, 2012 (04:33 PM). Edited May 17th, 2012 by ShadowStriatonTriad.
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
So, I finally watched the video. I must admit that I fell in love with it. Though, I was so thinking "this is some seriously smooth propaganda. Now I'm definately going to buy it!" XD

I am ecstatic about seeing Arcanine and Seviper. So excited. Of course, I freaked out when I saw the Shadow Triad. Bianca and Cheren were way Kawaii. I do wonder if maybe N will eventually give up the Pokemon Liberation goal and will be working with you later in the game instead of just being a competitive rival...it's not likely, but he doesn't seem evil to me.

I wonder if Team Rocket will be attacking Team Plasma in the games as well.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 17th, 2012 (05:09 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

It's even better because Pikachu wasn't in it.!

Again, Elesa was stunning. Looks like Brycen didn't get a re-design so I wonder who else will. I hope Skyla does.
Old May 17th, 2012 (05:25 PM).
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Oh my, I thought they were gonna make a spin off show like chronicles, that would be great! This is how the anime should be like.
So the protagonist has an Emboar, Arcanine and Lucario? Well I just found 3 confirmed Pokemon on my team in BW2...

Also, does this mean that there will be two evil teams? Team Plasma and the Ninja's? Or are they both working together to achieve the same goal?

Old May 17th, 2012 (05:45 PM).
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
Oh my god.. I've seen this trailer more than 20 times now, its..just very well made!
Pleasesomeonemakethisintotheanime! ._.
I think the shadow triad looks awesome!
Old May 17th, 2012 (06:33 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuf View Post
Oh my, I thought they were gonna make a spin off show like chronicles, that would be great! This is how the anime should be like.
So the protagonist has an Emboar, Arcanine and Lucario? Well I just found 3 confirmed Pokemon on my team in BW2...

Also, does this mean that there will be two evil teams? Team Plasma and the Ninja's? Or are they both working together to achieve the same goal?
The three Ninja's were the Shadow Triad, the group that works exclusively for Gheitsis. Who are also associated with Team Plasma.
Old May 18th, 2012 (12:17 AM).
Charsquirtle
Beginning Trainer

That's cool, wonder if there will be FMV in the game? Wish they showed some gameplay.
Old May 18th, 2012 (01:30 AM).
Jappa

Trailers was awesome, haven't played Black and White but will definitely pick this one up!
Old May 18th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Hopefully! That'd be really cool. But would we be able to switch positions in the battle?
Probably not imo, since it looks just to be triple and not rotational. :(

Quote:
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only. :(
I really think the Plasma remixed music will be in the games, idk about everything else, but they can't just not include anything from the trailer, that'd be dumb on their parts!
Old May 18th, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

Probably not imo, since it looks just to be triple and not rotational.
I mean like to hit the other sides, we'll probably be in the middle anyway so that's good.
Old May 18th, 2012 (08:46 AM).
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
So much epicness!! Thank you so much for sharing

I like the look of the woman next to Seviper; the Rival looks cool and I have to say this promo made me like the male protagonist a lot more

Also, Arcanine and Samurott looked awesome there haha
Old May 18th, 2012 (09:15 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only.
Same here! Loved the music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Actually, I don't think so, even with Pikachu. Pikachu as a mascot and pokémon saying their names, it is a distinct anime thing. Pokémon Yellow Version had Pikachu saying its name because the game was based on the anime. In the other games, even the newer ones where sound channels and technology is no longer a hindrance, new pokémon get sounds that fit their physiology or appearance rather than saying their names.

This proves - again - that the game universe is totally separate from the anime universe. It's a kids thing, while the 5th gen games obviously strive to be interesting to a (somewhat) more mature audience, what with its focus on characters (Cheren and Bianca actually AGED omfg) and story instead of just introducing another new region or pokémon.

When RPing (because that's where I can relate to this xD) I have always preferred to have pokémon make noises and act at least somewhat more animal-like than they do in the anime.

Hooray for the game-verse, in short. If they ever really do a real anime based on this (but I guess it's not likely), I will love the creators forever. There's a slllllight chance that a movie could be made though, isn't there? :D why give up

Lucario totally gives out a cute bark~
Ah, I see. Yeah, it definitely sets it apart from the actual anime. For me, as long as the voice/sound fits the Pokemon, I don't mind. Personally, I didn't feel that Pignite's voice fit it very well. But yeah, they should try to make something of this quality, even if it is completely original and not based off a game or the show.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 18th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
Same here! Loved the music!

Ah, I see. Yeah, it definitely sets it apart from the actual anime. For me, as long as the voice/sound fits the Pokemon, I don't mind. Personally, I didn't feel that Pignite's voice fit it very well. But yeah, they should try to make something of this quality, even if it is completely original and not based off a game or the show.
It's Emboar not Pignite
And I think every voice fits well for the Pokemon, I mean they all sound very intimidating, and considering these are monsters you use to fight with, that's definately a good thing.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 18th, 2012 (02:39 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Hmm,one thing I noticed that I kinda like,is that the music in the trailer reminds me a lot of YuGiOh GX. But ya loved the trailer. No pikachu,no Ash....ect.
Old May 18th, 2012 (03:09 PM).
torchickensandwich
<-- this guy

Nature: Brave
Ahhhh! This trailer has to be the coolest thing Pokemon has ever done. The animation is amazing and the characters and pokemon look great.

There are two things troubling me about the upcoming games that no one else seems to talk about though. What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.

Also what about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Is Kyurem some sort of parasite that takes control of a host (in this case Zekrom/Reshiram)? Or will Black Kyurem and White Kyurem be totally different pokemon from Zekrom and Reshiram?

Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for these games!
Old May 18th, 2012 (05:05 PM).
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I personally liked the trailer. It had nice music and the animation was really nice... The male protagonist looks better in the animation than he does in those released screen shots... Hm...

Cheren looks very nice in this game and I believe he looked stunning in the trailer. :D

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links