The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Wait, what, no. Your pokemon's nicknames can only be changed by the original trainer, meaning the game where they came from. You're stuck with the names, sorry to say. You can TRY, but I doubt it'll be possible. The pokemon's caught/hatched thing is still there and other stuff as well.

I keep forgetting that our DCC is over here now.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
If you do that, it likely won't pass for legality checks.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Wait, what, no. Your pokemon's nicknames can only be changed by the original trainer, meaning the game where they came from. You're stuck with the names, sorry to say. You can TRY, but I doubt it'll be possible. The pokemon's caught/hatched thing is still there and other stuff as well.
Well, I'd be essentially "tricking" the game into thinking I am the original trainer. I've always assumed that the game only checks the ID/SID combo since there is only about a 1 in 4 billion chance that they will be the same from game to game. This article on Bulbapedia (which I found while looking up the above statistic :P ) also supports that notion. I know it works in games within a generation, but I want to know if it works on migrated Pokémon as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
If you do that, it likely won't pass for legality checks.
Why not?

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
Well, I'd be essentially "tricking" the game into thinking I am the original trainer. I've always assumed that the game only checks the ID/SID combo since there is only about a 1 in 4 billion chance that they will be the same from game to game. This article on Bulbapedia (which I found while looking up the above statistic ) also supports that notion. I know it works in games within a generation, but I want to know if it works on migrated Pokémon as well.

Why not?
It might pass them, it'd be interesting to see what happened. It's like RNGing your IDs to match an events... as far as I know, only the TID needs to match to be able to rename.
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer

According to the great Bulbapedia, all generations up to gen V, the tid and sid need to match, and in Generation V so does name and Gender
Old May 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
I received a Jirachi that the trainer ID/SID abused for (to have the same ID and SID as the event) and he nicknamed it. It passes checks, other than the thing that says event Pokemon can't be nicknamed.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Chat won't let me log in. Pfft.

- - - -
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Chat won't let me log in. Pfft.
Try the new link in the announcement -- I fixed it. :3
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM
Psiiionic
RNG please ^-^

Just RNG'ed my very first Pokemon, I did a Terakion with a Jolly nature and got IVs of 30/31/31/20/31/30 and also caught it in a Premier Ball Four hours of learning but I got it now I just hadda learn how to PIDRNG lolz OOO I got Virizion with the same stats sadly I'm now out of Stationery Pokes

Last edited by Psiiionic; June 1st, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
My latest lil cutie:

Spheal lvl 1 @ Ice Body
Bold/Somewhat Vain
Protect/Toxic/Substitute/Water Gun
31/24/31/27/31/29

Ahh I love this little guy.
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Anything new in RNG world? :3
I'm looking to get back into things.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

You can find more about RNG world in it's actual place, the RNG Club. (:

Weird fact: I traded between my French Ruby and English Emerald. I pal parked an English Pokemon to my French SS, obtained via aforementioned trade and Aipom kept it's name after evolution O.O" It's still an AIPOM instead of CAPIDEXTRE. Weird stuff, because 4th Gen pokemon change their names between languages (My Torchic is now Galifeu - French for Combusken, my Gobou is now Marshtomp, same with JP mons).

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Sadly, I think I have to retire from trading over Wi-Fi. I've been on lately, but not on the Trade Thread, considering I can't do anything. Some time ago, my mom changed our Wi-Fi's security to WPA so now I can't do anything regarding using Wi-Fi, since I have a Nintendo DS lite and I'm currently waiting for better games so I can get a 3DS. I have no knowledge on changing it my mom doesn't want to change it back.

tl;dr I missed the Rayquaza, other Japanese Wi-Fi events, Zekrom, Darkrai, and most likely going to miss Victini and I can't trade or battle outside of PO.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I am tired of Tornadus... Been trying to abuse him floor a bit now and I keep just missing. It's so frustrating that I just want to choke the troll until there are sparkles around that *****! LOL

And I am sorry to hear that Raichu. That must suck. Hopefully you can find a solution soon.

Last edited by Cordelia; June 14th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

So I'm going to spoiler this. It contains BW2 spoilers that will provide useful for RNG abusers.

Spoiler:

New areas called 'Hidden Hollows' have been added to the game. In them you can find various Pokemon that regenerate every day into a new Pokemon/Item. These Pokemon have their DW abilities and aren't just Unova native. Serebii has a full list that have been found so far. Among them are Pokemon such as; Skill Link Minccino & Technician Breloom. Apparently they're shiny-blocked and male gender-locked. However the latter was proven false after someone caught a female Breloom. This is going to help us RNG abusers a lot aaaaa :D
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
So I'm going to spoiler this. It contains BW2 spoilers that will provide useful for RNG abusers.

Spoiler:

New areas called 'Hidden Hollows' have been added to the game. In them you can find various Pokemon that regenerate every day into a new Pokemon/Item. These Pokemon have their DW abilities and aren't just Unova native. Serebii has a full list that have been found so far. Among them are Pokemon such as; Skill Link Minccino & Technician Breloom. Apparently they're shiny-blocked and male gender-locked. However the latter was proven false after someone caught a female Breloom. This is going to help us RNG abusers a lot aaaaa :D
Gurrrrl! If you'd come on IRC more often you'd know we already know. :P
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

OH WELL NO NEED FOR SPOILERS. B)

I forgot to mention that apparently Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion are now shiny blocked. )))):
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

I discovered 3 pokemon for serebii while blade discovered one hidden hollow mon :B

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Although they are not too difficult to find, here's some Hidden Hollow Locations. Hope this helps! I'm missing Route 2, 12, and Abundant Shrine, though.

Edit: Added Route 2 & Abundant Shrine. Feeling lazy.

Route 2

- Enter route from Accumula Town. It's above a female Veteran and to the left of this Lass.
Spoiler:

Route 3 (post-game)

- This one is shown on Serebii's site. The southern end of this route has tall grass.
Spoiler:

Route 5

- Enter route from Nimbasa. Head northeast. Bianca showed you this one.

Route 6

- Enter route from Driftveil. Go directly above the female Pokemon Breeder.
Spoiler:

Route 7

- Enter route from Mistralton. Take the stilts to go straight to the hidden hollow.
Spoiler:

Route 9

- Enter route from Opelucid. Head west, and past the shopping mall building, you'll find the hidden hollow tucked away in a corner.
Spoiler:

Route 13

- Enter route from Lacunosa. Head south, either taking the Cut shortcut or going through the grass (has female Pokemon Ranger). The hidden hollow is then to the left.
Spoiler:

Route 18 (post-game)

- Enter route via surfing from Route 17. Make your way to the house (where a female Ace Trainer heals your Pokemon). Go west and down the stairs, you'll see the hidden hollow.
Spoiler:

Route 22

- Enter route from Shizui's town (8th gym). Take an upper route and find Terrakion. Go east through grass and get to the female Ace Trainer. Take the stilts with the S patterns. Take another set of stilts leading you to the hidden hollow.
Spoiler:

Route 23

- Enter route from Victory Road gates. Head southeast and take the bridge heading south. After that first bridge, go right. From the fighting-type trainer, go down. Continue on this path then and you will find the hidden hollow at the dead end.
Spoiler:

Sangi Ranch

- Enter ranch. Head northward into the grassier area (the area you fought a Plasma grunt). Surf right.
Spoiler:

Giant Chasm

- Enter route from Giant Chasm cave. Go straight up, and you'll find the hidden hollow in the first grass patch you touch.
Spoiler:

Abundant Shrine

- Enter area. It's northeast, near a Youngster.
Spoiler:

Lostlorn Forest

- Enter forest. Go to the northernmost wall. The hidden hollow is above the male Pokemon Ranger.
Spoiler:

Pinwheel Forest (post-game)

- Enter route from Skyarrow Bridge. Head south and enter the gap in the fence on the right. Make your way to the river and surf left.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lilith; June 28th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Did chat break again or is it just me?
Nevermind. The thing's just got issues with my laptop.

- - - -

Last edited by Griffinbane; June 30th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Omicron
I ain't your buddy! Go away!

Nature: Modest
Well, hello everybody. It's been a long, long time. I hope everyone's great and that I can spend more time here.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

@Blade: I love you and add route 5.

@Griffy: Fix your laptop.

@Omicron: Join us in #TradeCorner chat room sometime. :)
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:

I forgot to mention that apparently Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion are now shiny blocked. )))):
Seriously? .3.
Victini all over again.
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

Seriously? .3.
Victini all over again.

They aren't. People had problems with hitting their seeds, so they thought they're shiny blocked but they're not.
The only catchable shiny blocked Pokemon is Zekrom/Reshiram.
Edit: and N's Pokemon, but those are gifts

クリムガン

Pair | Family

Last edited by Gonzo; July 12th, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:27 AM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post

They aren't. People had problems with hitting their seeds, so they thought they're shiny blocked but they're not.
The only catchable shiny blocked Pokemon is Zekrom/Reshiram.
Edit: and N's Pokemon, but those are gifts
Oh. I thought RNG was the same?
Except for breeding, I think you said.
I wish I could play.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here