Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
NRFA
Beginning Trainer

Hi Everyone, My name is NRFA.
I'm looking for some Pokemon stories. But not just some funny story or glitch that you accidentally activated once. I'm looking for scary Pokemon stories.

Now this doesn't necessarily have to be something that happened IN your Pokemon game. It could be something scary that happened while you were watching the Pokemon Anime.

But what I'm really looking for are things that actually DID happen in the Pokemon Game.

I can't wait to here your stories and hopefully some of the ones I read are way scarier than I think they would be. See you all in my next forum post! Bye!
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Since you're branching this out into the anime, and not just the games, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon General.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
NRFA
Beginning Trainer

Ok! Thanks, I'm new here so I didn't knowthat I would have to put it in General
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Well, only time I ever got creeped out was when I was playing Pokemon Diamond around 5 years ago.
It was about 1AM and I was exploring the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest, the music was insidious, I didn't think about turning it down...
I was in the kitchen when an NPC showed up and started 'floating' across the screen, I literally flinched! haha! Then a girl appears in a room next to me and runs out of it, which suprised me as well.
Finally caught Rotom then got the hell out of there lol...

EDIT:
Today, I was reading random stuff on the web, then came across a story about Lavender Town's music, its called the Lavender Town Syndrome, that gave me some chills...

Last edited by Asuf; May 18th, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:51 AM
xSkullKing16x
Boo.

Nature: Lax
[SIZE="a"]Well, I have one. It was around 5 years ago, or something like that. I had a friend with me, and we were hanging out playing the new pearl/diamond games. I had Pearl and he had Diamond. It was pretty late, probably midnight. We traded, (you know, the ds local trade thingy) and after the trade completed, the game freak thing went off. Then it went straight to a room, and my sprite was surrounded my four npc's all staring at me. I tried moving but I couldn't. I turned of my DS, freaked out. On my friends DS, it was fine. He had been brought to the pokemon center with his new pokemon. I didn't tell him what just happened, because I was pretty scared as didnt want to show it. I turned on my DS again. It loaded up regularly, but when I opened my save, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center. I was where my last save was. Knowing that it saves right after a trade, always, I was confused. I also didn't have the Pokemon that he gave me.

True story. I think it was just a bug with my Pearl, but who knows.[/SIZE]
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Lavender Town syndrome scared me a little. Then I found out it was fake :[
Still, some of the creepypastas scare me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iL...eature=related

This the description. Spooky stuff. Then, make every first letter of peach paragraph into a word...your mind will be freaking blown.
White FC: 1507-0464-0969
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
NRFA
Beginning Trainer

Hahaha! Missing frequencies! I love it! I was just listening to it like 2 days ago!
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I've heard of Lavender Town syndrome...i had no idea it had anything to do with MissingNo, though...

This isn't that scary, but on Marvelous Bridge there's this girl sometimes taht if you walk up to her, flickers and dissapears like a hologram or something. It really scared /confused me. I've heard rumors that she's really that old lady who's like "marvelous bridge is so exciting im taking a rest" and that she's teleporting with an Abra but idk.

Last edited by Zayphora; May 19th, 2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: MISSINGNO!!!
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
One time I was playing Pokémon Diamond and I got the Old Rod from what I thought was a polite fisherman. Eager to try it out, I faced a body of water and cast my line, and what did I find? A Magikarp. Scariest thing that I've ever experienced while playing a Pokémon game.
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Zayphora

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSkullKing16x View Post
[SIZE="a"]Well, I have one. It was around 5 years ago, or something like that. I had a friend with me, and we were hanging out playing the new pearl/diamond games. I had Pearl and he had Diamond. It was pretty late, probably midnight. We traded, (you know, the ds local trade thingy) and after the trade completed, the game freak thing went off. Then it went straight to a room, and my sprite was surrounded my four npc's all staring at me. I tried moving but I couldn't. I turned of my DS, freaked out. On my friends DS, it was fine. He had been brought to the pokemon center with his new pokemon. I didn't tell him what just happened, because I was pretty scared as didnt want to show it. I turned on my DS again. It loaded up regularly, but when I opened my save, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center. I was where my last save was. Knowing that it saves right after a trade, always, I was confused. I also didn't have the Pokemon that he gave me.

True story. I think it was just a bug with my Pearl, but who knows.[/SIZE]
What were the NPCs? I mean, were they ordinary looking trainers or some sort of specialized character?
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Whatever you do, DO NOT look up Hypno's Lullaby!
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM
footontable
Is this a Dream? I hope not <3

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiser View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT look up Hypno's Lullaby!
Why? Now i wanna look it up, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
I've heard of Lavender Town syndrome...i had no idea it had anything to do with MissingNo, though...

This isn't that scary, but on Marvelous Bridge there's this girl sometimes taht if you walk up to her, flickers and dissapears like a hologram or something. It really scared /confused me. I've heard rumors that she's really that old lady who's like "marvelous bridge is so exciting im taking a rest" and that she's teleporting with an Abra but idk.
Thats not a glitch or anything, its supposed to be there. To quote teh official pokemon guide:
"The mysteriously vanising girl
Sometimes a girl stands next to the man on the east side of the bridge. When you approach, she disappears. When you talk to the lady at the base of the elevator, she says there used to be a girl who always played with Abra before the bridge was built..."
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
farihazach
Beginning Trainer

In-game-wise, I can't really think of anything really scary, other than maybe Lavender Tower. The unidentified ghosts and the Channelers always creep me out.

Other than that, the Pokemon Lost Silver creepypasta is a pretty scary, if not fascinating read. I hear they even have a small game (maybe a hack?) about it.
Sorry I can't hear you; my awesomeness is too loud.

Everything is coming up Milhouse, guys.

Old May 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
NRFA
Beginning Trainer

Ok! I'll be sure to look up Hypno's Lullaby AND Lost Silver Creepypasta! :D
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Zayphora

LOST SILVER CREEPYPASTA IS SOOOOOEPICCCCCCCCCCCC

Wowwww. I really wasn't expecting it to be that cool/creepy. Had to read weird manga to calm myself down. Lol.

Hypno's Lullaby is just weird...
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Porynoir
Cool like that...

Nature: Relaxed
Lost Silver was kinda cheesy. I didn't read it all cause I got scared LOL!
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
footontable

I just listened to Hypnos lullaby. THE VOICE WAS SO CREEPY!!! The Lost silver creepypasta seemed too fake, but who knows...

EDIT: I found this one thing if you search "creepy pokemon stories" one from some website called funny junk will come up. Its really gruesome and creepy, and I do not recommend the faint of heart reading it, but if you think you can, you should read it.

Last edited by footontable; May 25th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM
farihazach
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by footontable View Post
EDIT: I found this one thing if you search "creepy pokemon stories" one from some website called funny junk will come up. Its really gruesome and creepy, and I do not recommend the faint of heart reading it, but if you think you can, you should read it.
I've heard of that one before. You're right in saying that it's pretty gruesome...I remember having to do some happy stuff so I could chipper up.

I found an interesting story myself. It's called Pokemon Strangled Red. To be honest though, it's more depressing than anything.
Sorry I can't hear you; my awesomeness is too loud.

Everything is coming up Milhouse, guys.

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Porynoir
Cool like that...

There was one about a shiny flygon, forgot what it was called though : (.
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Has anyone yet mentioned the theory that Pokemon is a post-apocalyptic world torn apart by war? It's not scary in the traditional sense, but still creepy.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:15 AM
footontable

Quote:
Originally Posted by farihazach View Post
I've heard of that one before. You're right in saying that it's pretty gruesome...I remember having to do some happy stuff so I could chipper up.

I found an interesting story myself. It's called Pokemon Strangled Red. To be honest though, it's more depressing than anything.
I didn't really like the ending, like what exactly did he strangle? his brother? thats creepy, but it was pretty depressing. I'm looking for more creepy-pastas now.

EDIT: Found a cool website with a bunch of creepy-pastas, its called "fyeahpokemoncreepypasta" and its a tumblr website, so just enter that name, then .tumblr .com and it should take you there. it has a lot of them on it.

Last edited by footontable; May 26th, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon creepypastas, those just scare the hell out of me. Just even looking this thread made me paranoid of my surroundings and I looked around just to make sure nothing was spying on me.
About the Hypno's lullaby, it scared the hell out of me that I had to sleep at my parents bed. (YES I AM 14 GOING 15) That voice is just so scary.
I guess, you could say that I am just a scaredy cat as I can't even play L4D (YES THAT GAME, LEFT 4 DEAD).

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Sharp Dresser
Possibly Blaziquaza?

A half-necro.
Honestly, Pokémon creepypasta isn't that scary. Most creepy ideas have been done, if not, repeated. Read Jeff the Killer or The Cleansing (Not safe for work). JtK plays on one of or natrual fears, while The Cleansing is creepy in the sense that Roger finds it all normal. These are much better ones than the ones you talked about. Hell, go read The Rake, or anything involving our favourite faceless, slender monster-man or what appears to be his German roots. Much more scarier.
Eeyup. -Big Mac
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:27 AM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Can't believe you people get scared at something as small as these.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old June 6th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
Thanks, for now, I must go stab and brutally beat my Hypno on FireRed.
Didn't bother me but I ain't taking any chances.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links