The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Or perhaps the ice will begin to dissolve as Kyurem senses it's hero getting closer, allowing it to battle, then the whole barrier will break into pieces.
There could be gate in ice barrier, something like that gate in movie trailer. It would be the only way to get to Kyurem. I think the gate would be leading to League or to Giant Chasm. In one of those places player would encounter Kyurem.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM
LordSalamence
The Elite trainer

Nature: Relaxed
What's become of Abyssal ruins? It's hiding something, I'm sure of it.
And the Dragonspiral tower is reshiram/zekrom still there.Hope we're gonna see the hoenn legends cause its related somehow.

Pokemon White Fc:
2580-8604-8244
PM me if you wanna battle you should be in the wifi room
free on weekends
Completed Regions:
Looking forward to a new one.
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS MAY 1! 000/721

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSalamence View Post
And the Dragonspiral tower is reshiram/zekrom still there.Hope we're gonna see the hoenn legends cause its related somehow.
I'm not sure how the Hoenn and Unova legends are related, other than the presence of an internal trio master. We're not coming up with anything, are we?...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 5804 7602

Just because I have Asperger's, people think I'm stupid.
I'm not. I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.
I saw that! This pretty much confirms it for me. Whether or not it's true, I can still dream. ;;
But this is an exciting development. <3

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I saw that! This pretty much confirms it for me. Whether or not it's true, I can still dream. ;;
But this is an exciting development. <3
Wasn't that part of the fight on the ship that Samurott froze?
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I'd assume that there are a couple of new Cities & Town beneath the ice which will be interesting to see as they are revealed, also I think after getting the second badge from the town we reach Driftveil city as they all seem to be relatively close to eachother which will then lead you to Castelia.. just my theory.

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Wasn't that part of the fight on the ship that Samurott froze?
I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o
Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I do think the region is frozen, as Samurrott would've frozen the boat in the trailer not the city. If so then I'm glad to see the icyness, it looks like an ice kingdom
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.
There's also the fact that there's a harbor nearby and idk if they'd skip that much in the trailer since it all seems to be close range, while on the actual map a harbor isn't that far away. :( soo yeah possibly.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town

Last edited by Iceman3317; May 16th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
Judging from the fact that the protagonists looks like they're wearing Summer clothes... and that the frozen world doesn't seem to be part of the map, I think the Ice is just to cover the spoilers

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town
Hmm, I dunno. Maybe we'll still be able to walk in the frozen areas, and only a few parts will be solid frozen and blocked. The male protagonist as seen in the trailer, is running in the areas (isn't he afraid of slipping?!) so it may be possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStriatonTriad View Post
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!
I'm pretty sure it might have to do with the evil team organization and Black/White Kyurem.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Forever

I don't think we'll be able to walk over many frozen areas at all tbh. They've gotta seem off-limits so we don't rush straight over there. Maybe you need certain footwear or something for it? Though idk B/W didn't have that, so...

Or maybe they've gotten safer in the last 2 years.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM

^ It could be like the googles in Emerald's desert.
I kind of hope that we can slide on it though, it'll be nice puzzle to solve, BW sort of lacked the puzzles that Pt had...
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Porynoir
Cool like that...

New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porynoir View Post
New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.
Moved to this thread to discuss "New" locations.
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
P0kelegend

A new 15 second trailer is on the official website, and it shows some sort of airship.

Where is that area? Opelucid?

Last edited by P0kelegend; June 8th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Yeah, that's Opelucid. Look at the rounded tops of buildings.

THIS IS GOING TO BE EPICCCCC that thing looks really awesome. Excuse my blurting out of crazyness.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
dylanchng
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Yeah, that's Opelucid. Look at the rounded tops of buildings.

THIS IS GOING TO BE EPICCCCC that thing looks really awesome. Excuse my blurting out of crazyness.
Is it really Opelucid?? Maybe it's somekind of a new city,as I've assume that Opelucid city is covered with ice.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Perhaps the ice disfrosted or something seeing how Opelucid is proably one of the last towns, so by then I expect the ice would start to retreat.
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I didn't notice the tips of the buildings in that image but that certainly looks like Opelucid city to me, I can only assume that once a certain event has taken place i.e the capturing of Kyurem then the frost will thaw thus allowing you to proceed to the frozen cities making your way to the Elite Four.

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Khrysta

Pokejungle posted new rumors that surfaced and according to what they say only 1 City is frozen. Not half the region. That could be the city from the trailer, and now I'm curious as to which city it is. Maybe the Black City/White Forest got replaced with some frozen city.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links