Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Matknapers18
Beginning Trainer

Was gonna put some of my pictures on..But compared to these my look like pre-school drawings..
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matknapers18 View Post
Was gonna put some of my pictures on..But compared to these my look like pre-school drawings..
Seriously, don't compare your work to others if it's gonna bring you down. It'll hinder you a ton because then you might start to have a fear of drawing; and to be honest, even I had that at one point. So if you're gonna compare your work.. compare it to yourself, because you can learn and grow and see progress that way.

Don't let others deter you from posting. Seriously, post away! I'd love to be able to help you even if you think you're just starting out! Don't be afraid to do it! Seriously, every artist has to start somewhere and it's really worth it if you feel like you want a second opinion or just some pointers!

Post, post, post! An art community really is that; a community! And we're here to support each other!

Emily: Thanks! I'd love to see some of your work, too!
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Nesferxty
*90s Kid Forever*

Nature: Quirky
I would love it if someone could help me with my latest sketch Unfortunately I don't have a tablet so I have to rough it all out with a mouse >_<

I could especially use some input with clothes, i'm always unsure of how cloth should lie and rumple up if that makes sense? So any red lining on the dress would be awesome

I can't post a picture so i've attached it, its a VERY rough sketch so don't be too hard on me
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
I'm trying my hand at more dynamic poses-- I'm not having too much trouble with perspectives I've chosen as of yet, but I realized that facial structuring is hell of a lot more difficult than I anticipated. So while I hammer out the workings of things in that area, I thought I'd get some help on this little doodle I was working on. The man on the right is particularly uh... questionable, because I had a hard time imagining how his pose would look and couldn't find a ref. And maybe the girl's leg that's being tripped should have a bent knee? IDK v___v;;;

Any help would be much appreciated!

http://sta.sh/029y5kbov5kl
if you gave me a chance i would take it
it's a shot in the dark but i'll make it
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Gonna have to lock this one up. I plan on making a new thread today for general artistic critique, on all art forms. And given that this has been dead for 6 weeks, I think it'll be necessary to reinstate it later. But I want the drawover and paintover ideas to continue flowing. So anyone looking for someone to help on their drawings by drawing and painting over they will be allowed to post their work in the new thread. I'll have that up very soon guys, so bear with me while I get this section on track! Thanks!

Locked.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links