• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N's Abilities

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
So, what are, exactly, his abilities?

In the 'Quick Questions' thread, I had asked why, if he could 'hear' Pokemon, did he not block all of your attacks? Or at the very least dodge them? I think there's probably a lot more you could ask about it.

Thus, this thread! Yaay!

Discuss! ^_^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Even in the Anime the Characters know attacks are coming. They even command to dodge or counter and sometime the dodge or counter flops in the worst possible way. Knowing an attack is coming doesn't mean you can dodge or retaliate without fail.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
His main ability is the ability to be butchered by fantards who think that he's a childhood friend of the protagonist, and that he is in love with him or her.

Years
N's abilities clearly are the same or somehow related to the ones that Yellow and Lance have in the pokemon adventures manga, where it's said that sometimes there's people that is born with an ability to "hear" pokemons thoughts. Nevertheless, in the manga it's said that only people that are born in Viridian Forest can have it and that they can also heal pkms. So, maybe is an ability somewhow related

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
N's abilities? Um... as far as I was able to understand from the storyline he's just a human being like anybody else. He doesn't seem to contain any real hidden power like that of the various psychic trainers that you once in a while encounter in the game. Then again the fact that there are some trainers with psychic abilities throughout the game, could possibly mean that N had a possibility of having some kind of power somewhere at some point of time, but I saw no sign of anything like that what so ever in the story line.

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I always assumed it was something about reading their thoughts and emotions so that he could understand them to the point that he was more Pokemon than human. I even read somewhere that he doesn't even carry his Pokemon in pokeballs and that the only reason it shows it like that is because the developers said it would take too much time to program a new style of sending his Pokemon out.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
N's Super awesome ability is to battle the protag with whatever is local in the area. and ability first discovered by the pro-trainer known as: youngster.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I always assumed it was something about reading their thoughts and emotions so that he could understand them to the point that he was more Pokemon than human. I even read somewhere that he doesn't even carry his Pokemon in pokeballs and that the only reason it shows it like that is because the developers said it would take too much time to program a new style of sending his Pokemon out.

They could have done it HG SS style, and just make his Pokes slide into the screen.

DarkPhillip

Shiny Breeder
Years
Well, we know he grew up surrounded by Pokemon, right? (Even if they were abused or whatever). So, his abilities could be related to how a human baby learns their native language by listening to its parents. If N was constantly surrounded by Pokemon, he could have naturally learned their methods of communication or "speaking," and now he just understands them instinctively. The only really mysterious thing, I think, is that funky cube he takes with him everywhere.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I think it's due to the fact that he grew up with them. Actually, on the cube, that might be another reason why. He lacks it in B2W2 (maybe? idk I didn't see it I just saw a circle thing SO POSSIBLY), and if he can't have that bond with Pokemon in those games, then chances are that it might be due to the cube. AND If so... would the cube brainwash the Pokemon into speaking English only to him or...? AND how did he get it and why?!

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Basically N is a living capture styler, he has the ability to convey his friendship to a pokemon...
probably because he grew up with him. N's also a fast talker and a "genius" apparently

Back