The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchickensandwich View Post
Ahhhh! This trailer has to be the coolest thing Pokemon has ever done. The animation is amazing and the characters and pokemon look great.

There are two things troubling me about the upcoming games that no one else seems to talk about though. What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.

Also what about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Is Kyurem some sort of parasite that takes control of a host (in this case Zekrom/Reshiram)? Or will Black Kyurem and White Kyurem be totally different pokemon from Zekrom and Reshiram?

Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for these games!
Yeah, GameFreak really is going about promoting these games nicely, and they should do animation trailers like this for future games as well!

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are formes of Kyurem, though.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Did you guys notice the Zekrom/Reshiram shadow passing over N when it zooms out? Cool.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Snow View Post
Cheren looks very nice in this game and I believe he looked stunning in the trailer. :D
I loved that scene, it caused his fanbase to suddenly surge.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchickensandwich View Post
What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.
I wouldn't be surprised if one (likely Black/Hilbert) or both has a similar role as Red did in G/S/C/HG/SS, since those basically were to R/G/B/Y/FR/LG as B2/W2 are to B/W. It's all made more plausible since Cheren has been promoted to a gym leader, just like Blue was in G/S/C/HG/SS (and both took over an existing gym, not to mention).

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post

It's Emboar not Pignite
And I think every voice fits well for the Pokemon, I mean they all sound very intimidating, and considering these are monsters you use to fight with, that's definately a good thing.
Not the Emboar from the trailer, it sounded great, as did all the Pokemon! I was talking about a Pignite from the actual anime series. (I think Bianca used it against Ash in a battle in one episode.) That's the one I felt was a little off. But all of the trailer Pokemon were awesome!

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Did you guys notice the Zekrom/Reshiram shadow passing over N when it zooms out? Cool.
You totally looked at my signature :p

But yeah, I noticed that. At first I thought it was Zekrom but then you never know since, he had Zekrom in Black but Reshiram in White. I love the way N appears in the beginning of the trailer though, oh my gosh. n__n

Old May 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
You totally looked at my signature :p

But yeah, I noticed that. At first I thought it was Zekrom but then you never know since, he had Zekrom in Black but Reshiram in White. I love the way N appears in the beginning of the trailer though, oh my gosh. n__n
It's interesting how it can actually be either of the two version mascots.

I wonder what this means for the games. Will N be reappearing with Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2, to show them as sequels? Wouldn't that be odd if Black Kyurem who is based on Zekrom will appear in the former as well? And of course, White Kyurem in the other. Although maybe the Kyurem formes can actually fly (as unbelievable as it seems to me) and that shadow in the animated promo is one of Kyurem's formes instead. Hmm.
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:10 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
It's interesting how it can actually be either of the two version mascots.

I wonder what this means for the games. Will N be reappearing with Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2, to show them as sequels? Wouldn't that be odd if Black Kyurem who is based on Zekrom will appear in the former as well? And of course, White Kyurem in the other. Although maybe the Kyurem formes can actually fly (as unbelievable as it seems to me) and that shadow in the animated promo is one of Kyurem's formes instead. Hmm.
But can't the original Kyurem fly as well? (it learns the Fly HM despite having wonky wings)

Anyway, back on topic: At the start of the trailer with N in it, I've always wondered what that shadow below him was. It didn't look anything like Reshiram or Zekrom, but after seeing the above posts, I got to agree that the shadow does look like one of Kyurem's formes.

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U

turn on "cc" for english subtitles, huzzah

anyway, this is an amazing start for the games, can't wait to see what happens
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Looks like Brycen didn't get a re-design so I wonder who else will. I hope Skyla does.
Is Skyla in Black 2/White 2? I don't think she is. Someone replaced her, didn't they?:cer_confused:

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStriatonTriad View Post
Is Skyla in Black 2/White 2? I don't think she is. Someone replaced her, didn't they?:cer_confused:
None of us know yet. :(

@ others: Hmm no, I think the shadow is actually Zekrom, Black Kyurem seems shaped differently. Can't reallyyy explain but from what I recall of Black Kyurem, Zekrom seems longer/wider?
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Kaori
tragedy

I don't think it's one of the Kyurem formes just because back in Black and White N captured Reshiram/Zekrom. He never released it, and after two years perhaps he kept it. So I think the shadow would be Reshiram or Zekrom, and it wouldn't really matter which since it would depend on the game you have.

Plus it would make sense for it to fly overhead N.

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I'm really thinking the Shadow could be Zekrom or Reshiram. However, keep in mind that this game revolves around Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Perhaps N has already caught the Kyurem?

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Why would he want more legendaries? x_x

On a side note, I can't tell you how many times I've replayed this trailer, lol. THE MUSIC IS JUST SO GREAT. You wouldn't expect it out of GameFreak.

Old May 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I think they purposefully made the shadow obscure enough that you're not supposed to tell whether it's reshiram or zekrom, athough judging by the tail shape, it might actually be white kyurem or black kyurem

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
To me it looked a bit like Reshiram at the start and then turned more Zekrom like as it went past him.
Either way, after seeing this many times I want anime style cutscenes with voice acting even more...please GF!
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I'm digging the acoustics of the trailer. I'm hopping the poison gym leader plays something like that before the battle starts!
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStriatonTriad View Post
I'm really thinking the Shadow could be Zekrom or Reshiram. However, keep in mind that this game revolves around Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Perhaps N has already caught the Kyurem?
If N already caught Kyurem how can the player catch the Mascot? Black/White Kyurem is a Form Change so there'd only be one Kyurem in either game. If its owned by N then the Player cannot catch it and makes them redundant. Not to mention it would be the first time a Player could not catch the Box Mascot.
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Personally, I believe the shadow is Reshiram... But then, who knows what it is? Maybe it'll be dependent on what version of the game you get; however; with accordance to the anime trailer I believe it is Reshiram because I didn't see any arms that would be present if it was a Zekrom...

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:04 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Personally, I believe the shadow is Reshiram... But then, who knows what it is? Maybe it'll be dependent on what version of the game you get; however; with accordance to the anime trailer I believe it is Reshiram because I didn't see any arms that would be present if it was a Zekrom...
Remember, this is a promotion for both games, not 1 particular version. In Black, N caught Zekrom and in White, N caught Reshiram. That's why they only showed the dragon's shadow, so that it could be either Reshiram or Zekrom without specifically showing either of them. That way, for people with Black and Black 2, it was Zekrom, and for people with White and White 2, it's Reshiram.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

Voicerocker: Just wanted to point something out.
Quote:
Maybe it'll be dependent on what version of the game you get....

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Freako

I just skimmed through the trailer when I realized White2 wasn't even in it.
What a bummer. They sure know how to make a game trailer though.

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Xatumi
Mech-Zoid

Nature: Serious
I think the Shadow Triad play a prominent role in the different forms of Kyurem. Due to the CC trailer, they say you won't stop us with our goal. What other goal could they possibly have.

Pokemon Crimson Online- Now Open

Old May 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freako View Post
I just skimmed through the trailer when I realized White2 wasn't even in it.
What a bummer. They sure know how to make a game trailer though.
The reason they used the male PC (Black2) in the trailer instead of the female PC (White2) is because I read that boys make up 75% of the Pokemon fanbase plus males often get showcased as the main protagonist.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Finally gotten around to watching this - after seeing the majority of it in people signatures! - and it does do a good job of advertising/setting up the game. The thing that does interest me the most is the identity of the Pokemon flying above N's head in the opening. It would certainly make sense if it was the one he captured in Black or White, but I kinda want it to be something new - mainly for the surprise element, but it'd add a layer of mysterious to the whole thing.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here