The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

Advertise here
If we do get to battle them, I wonder if Bisharp is like their mascot Pokémon, and why!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
So, um, are they female? I always thought that they were male.
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Definitely male. Otherwise, if that's an under cleavage I see, the designs would very much be critised greatly.

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Well it makes sense they had a Bisharp, 'cause it's a ninja (sorta?), so we should expect them to have Escavalier too?

I think they'll be appearing a lot more than in B/W and that we'll get to battle them though.
I would think they would have an accelgor.....
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Ghetsis had a Bisharp, so the Triad might be using his Bisharp, I mean they do follow his orders, so he probably loaned it to them so they could achieve their goals, whatever they might be

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
No they defs look male to me. That hair. idk, they seem old though, so maybe like old male ninjas? Maybe I guess that's why they might seem female, so. XD;
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
No they defs look male to me. That hair. idk, they seem old though, so maybe like old male ninjas? Maybe I guess that's why they might seem female, so. XD;
Yeah, I highly doubt they are females. From the trailer one of the members of the triad talks, and his voice actor is a guy.

Plus those muscles do not belong on a female. u_u;

Old May 19th, 2012, 10:11 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
No way! They're too masculine and they have deep voices. Perhaps they're just incognito!:cer_nod:

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Has no one ever seen guys with long hair before? C'mon, what about those guys who wear pony tails and braid their hair; they exist! This is nothing unusual, really.

SO do you guys think we'll be able to battle them several times, or like at the end of the game (if we do happen to battle them at all)?

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
^Yeah I think we will be able to battle them this time, at least the appearance of their Pokemon makes it seem that way. I'm hoping it'll be several times, or perhaps we only battle each one once rather than all in one big triple battle. If there are multi I'll like for our final battle to be a triple match.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Has no one ever seen guys with long hair before? C'mon, what about those guys who wear pony tails and braid their hair; they exist! This is nothing unusual, really.

SO do you guys think we'll be able to battle them several times, or like at the end of the game (if we do happen to battle them at all)?
The long hair I actually like better on them. Makes them a little cooler looking to me, actually. The short hair was just...meh, BUT NOW, OMG SO COOL.

I want to battle them every time they appear. Legit. That'd be so boss to battle those three. Like, maybe a triple/rotation battle can come out of it! 8D
Or something like that, but still, I wanna battle them everywhere possible.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Community Supporter

They look like Zoroark pony tails to me, which matches them nicely considering N has Zoroark like hair too...OMG what if they're Zoroarks! (joking here)

I do too, it'll make up for the lack of in BW.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

I thought they owe Ghetsis for saving their life or something though...but he told them not to find him. But from the promo, it looks like they're still with him. So N is still with Ghetsis too right? And does anybody else think that they're possibly the Striaton Gym Leaders? Or am I alone? ;o;

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Community Supporter

Well perhaps Ghetsis called them back (or maybe that scene wasn't canon...). I do think their the Striaton gym leaders...they just seem too suspicious...also if you look at their home town's name it has an S and tria, could the s be a reference to the Shadow in Shadow triad...
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well perhaps Ghetsis called them back (or maybe that scene wasn't canon...). I do think their the Striaton gym leaders...they just seem too suspicious...also if you look at their home town's name it has an S and tria, could the s be a reference to the Shadow in Shadow triad...
Oh my god I never noticed that! You're brilliant! Also, I know you can't really compare the Games, Anime, or Manga, but...has everyone already seen this photo?
Spoiler:

Now look at these Pokemon's faces.
Spoiler:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen the the Striaton Trio at all in any of the Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Promo...and they weren't at N's castle in the previous game...In this game, I'm hoping we get to triple battle them for sure this time!

Last edited by ShadowStriatonTriad; May 19th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

Yeah, the manga seems to be hinting at the triad being the Shadow triad... the writer might know something we don't...
Or perhaps this whole thing is all misleading GF's way or tricking us again...but it'll be a waste of a good hint...
Perhaps the reason the triad didn't get the message on time was because Bianca couldn't find them...
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I didn't realise that we we're getting B2W2 info on Smash today, hopefully the Shadow Triad will be involved considering they have been in the anime trailer (not sure if it's already been covered yet)

Old May 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I still don't get why people say these guys are the striaton trio, I mean just look, the shadow triad are taller, more muscular, alot older as you can tell by their voices and hair, and I think one of the biggest bits of evidence, Their Facial Structure is completely different, the Triad has square faces compared to the striation trio's rounded faces.

There's no connection between the 2, as there are way too many differences.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Yeah, the manga seems to be hinting at the triad being the Shadow triad... the writer might know something we don't...
Or perhaps this whole thing is all misleading GF's way or tricking us again...but it'll be a waste of a good hint...
Perhaps the reason the triad didn't get the message on time was because Bianca couldn't find them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStriatonTriad View Post
Oh my god I never noticed that! You're brilliant! Also, I know you can't really compare the Games, Anime, or Manga, but...has everyone already seen this photo?
Spoiler:

Now look at these Pokemon's faces.
Spoiler:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen the the Striaton Trio at all in any of the Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Promo...and they weren't at N's castle in the previous game...In this game, I'm hoping we get to triple battle them for sure this time!
No, That's Manga Canon only, Cress's hair is also longer than the Manga Shadow Triad member with the Panpour mask. Manga Canon doesn't pass onto game Canon if it did, Sabrina, LT. Surge, and Koga would be Team Rocket Members, and Will and Karen would be orphans raised by Pryce.

The writers for the Manga make their own speculations and throw their own twists into their stories to separate them from the games while still following the games.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
I still don't get why people say these guys are the striaton trio, I mean just look, the shadow triad are taller, more muscular, alot older as you can tell by their voices and hair, and I think one of the biggest bits of evidence, Their Facial Structure is completely different, the Triad has square faces compared to the striation trio's rounded faces.

There's no connection between the 2, as there are way too many differences.
Perhaps but remember ninja's can change their apperance, perhaps it's ninjutsu they're using...
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
The guide said something about Bianca going to get them, but they ended up not making it in time. Seeing as the guides are produced by the Pokemon Company now, I'd say that that's a credible statement.

Buuuut just because they said that, it doesn't mean that "not able to make it in time" meant they didn't show because of the whole Triad thing.

And on a sort of unrelated note, I guess this is the part where I admit I always thought the Shadow Triad were female. WHOOPS.

Old May 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet

After seeing this I wasn't sure how I missed the weird little tubetops/sports bras lol Watching the video again I see that this is fan art, and I'm A-OK with that lol

The ST's new outfits in the video are pretty cool, imo
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I just hope that the Shadow Triad will bring more to the plot of the game unlike the original Black and White... I admit, it wasn't my favorite game...

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

I'm mostly intrigued by is to see the colour of their eyes, if they do in fact match Cilan, Cress and Chili's then this would almost confirm it is them.
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I'm mostly intrigued by is to see the colour of their eyes, if they do in fact match Cilan, Cress and Chili's then this would almost confirm it is them.
I zoomed in on the picture from the Trailer and all three of their eyes are Black, though they are so far away you prolly couldn't color them and make them look like natural eyes.

So as of right now they don't match Cilan, Chili, or Cress's eyes.

Also side note...to anyone that has played or Watched Dot Hack GU. Do the Shadow Traid look like Adept Rogues to you? Namely Haseo?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here