The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
Good topic! Mmm..

Would it hurt if I were to say that the Gym Leaders in Generation 4 seemed to easiest of them all to me? Like getting Machop early on to face that Rock Gym Leader..made really simple, in my opinion. Not to mention you can get Onix prior to the battle. I'd say Roark for sure :X
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Roark was also easy for me as well in the 4th Generation. Seeing that I had Piplup as my starter, it made things sooooo much easier. I remember when my Piplup was underleveled and it had beat his whole team!
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Roark was also easy for me as well in the 4th Generation. Seeing that I had Piplup as my starter, it made things sooooo much easier. I remember when my Piplup was underleveled and it had beat his whole team!
Come to think of it, all the starters is strong against Roark's Pokemon, judging by the typing of the final evolution of each Starters. I mean I'm just giving an example and just look at it. Infernape is Fire/Fighting- Fighting is strong. Then Torterra(Grass & Ground)/Empoleon's(Water & Steel) both typing are strong against Rock. Strange..I think they made Generation IV start that way on purpose, by making Fire the weakest and not even that was hard, to catch Machop to get an early fighting type right off the back while getting Chimchar up to its Fighting type evolutions. Strange.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Easiest gym for me was Jasmine in Johto. I swept her team extremely easily with my Feraligatr.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Olli

Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

Any Rock type gym leader pretty much. Brock, Roxanne, Roark, all of them were easy as pie due to the big type advantage you could get by just selecting either a Grass or Water type starter. Now there's also the fact that they're all the first gym leaders of their respective regions, but that just adds to how easy they are, since their difficulty is greatly decreased due to it being the start of the game and stuff, and since Pokémon is also targeted at the younger players.
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?
Roark! No matter which starter you chose, he was easy as heck. You either have a Grass/Water type to use, or you have a ridiculously fast monkey packing a Mach Punch, so I don't think he could ever pose much of a threat no matter what team you're using. His Cranidos (although awesome) is weak as hell, so it's a really easy Pokemon to send packing. And I believe his other Pokemon is a Geodude; there's not much to say about the very over-used Rock/Ground type other than "dead". So yeah, Roark is super easy :D

Also... AHHHHH GUYS CHEREN IS A NORMAL GYM LEADER IN B2W2 WHATTTTTTT. GDKLGDFL. WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER NOW AHHH. *cough* So yeah, what the heck is going on with the Unova gym leaders - they're all being replaced! Who's going to end up being in the Unova 8? :o And what gym number will Cheren be! Ahh this is exciting! :D
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

O_O I havent checked Serebii in forever! Need to see updates! *hurries over to site* It looks like a bunch of stuff is being done... I cant wait to see it play out!

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
[B]Also... AHHHHH GUYS CHEREN IS A NORMAL GYM LEADER IN B2W2 WHATTTTTTT. GDKLGDFL. WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER NOW AHHH. *cough* So yeah, what the heck is going on with the Unova gym leaders - they're all being replaced! Who's going to end up being in the Unova 8? :o And what gym number will Cheren be! Ahh this is exciting! :D
If Cheren is going to be a normal type, then by any chance Lenora may get replaced. idk, it's a thought maybe...

I'm.... being meh about Cheren being a gym leader though.I don't have a problem with it. I'm wondering how he managed to take two years to reach the top. xD
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Also... AHHHHH GUYS CHEREN IS A NORMAL GYM LEADER IN B2W2 WHATTTTTTT. GDKLGDFL. WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER NOW AHHH. *cough* So yeah, what the heck is going on with the Unova gym leaders - they're all being replaced! Who's going to end up being in the Unova 8? :o And what gym number will Cheren be! Ahh this is exciting! :D
He's the first Gym according to an image in CoroCoro that shows the Basic Badge in the first slot of the badge case.

Still don't know why he's a Normal Gym Leader, his name doesn't even have any relation to the Normal-type.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:

So I don't keep tabs on what goes on in B2/W2, but if Cheren is gym leader now, what about Bianca? Or perhaps the character you choose in original B/W? Think we have another Red-like Character
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Hilbert (or whatever he's called) probably won't be like red. But it would be pretty interesting if that happened.
Also, wouldn't it be interesting if Bianca was the professor? Remember how she said she was studying to b like juniper?

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Bianca will be an assistant to Juniper and Cheren will take Lenora's place.

SOOOO IF I SIGN UP, CAN I TRAIN UNDER CHEREN? 8D let's just replace Lenora with him...

Name: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers (you didn't want my real name, did you?)
Your Gym Leader: Cheren
2 Partner Pokemon: Watchog and Herdier, I suppose.
Why have you joined to be trained: Because... I like Cheren I saw that the wandering thread was in this forum and thought I'd join a club :p And this looked the most interesting to me.

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Name: ShadowStriatonTriad
Your Gym Leader: Cilan (Unova Region)
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) PanSage/(Captured) Oshawott
Why have you joined to be trained: To become an Elite.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Nature: Jolly
Name: Korsola
Your Gym Leader: Whitney
2 Partner Pokemon: Miltank & Cinccino
Why have you joined to be trained: I've always loved the concept of Gym Leaders so when I saw this club I knew that I had to join!
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Seeeeems like there's no one here to accept us, eh? xD

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Welcome to the club both of you!

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

So one of us is not welcomed? ;p

What do people think of Homika? :3 I think she looks cool. Have we even had another poison type gym leader before? Well, Koga, I suppose. He was kind of buggy though, with Venomoth.

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Welcome to the club both of you!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

What do people think of Homika? :3 I think she looks cool. Have we even had another poison type gym leader before? Well, Koga, I suppose. He was kind of buggy though, with Venomoth.
I think her design is really cool and I love the whole "rocker" look. She looks cute in the toughest possible way.
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Olli

Since Sector seems to be busy at the moment, I'll just add you guys to the list.

ShadowStriatonTriad, you'll have to change the captured Pokémon to one of the typing which the gym leader you chose specializes in, so a Grass Pokémon in this case. Just VM either Sector Revenge or me with the Pokémon you want.

On the topic of Homika, I think she seems pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing her team. We already know that she has a Koffing, but that's about it, though based on that, you can guess that she'll be one of the earlier gym leaders. I'm also hoping her team will be Kanto based, since she already has a Koffing, and since Kanto had some of my favourite Poison types, though a little Trubbish thrown in on the team wouldn't do any harm :D

Last edited by Olli; May 20th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Homika's psycho. XD
I like Cherens new Gym Leader outfit, but I still like the water gym leader the best. So far

Old May 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Since Sector seems to be busy at the moment, I'll just add you guys to the list.
Thanks~!

Quote:
On the topic of Homika, I think she seems pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing her team. We already know that she has a Koffing, but that's about it, though based on that, you can guess that she'll be one of the earlier gym leaders. I'm also hoping her team will be Kanto based, since she already has a Koffing, and since Kanto had some of my favourite Poison types, though a little Trubbish thrown in on the team wouldn't do any harm :D
Ugh, I really don't like Trubbish, haha. But maybe it's inevitable that it's on her team. Koffing does imply that she's one of the early gym leaders, yeah. But Cheren has a Patrat so he has to be very early as well. And the Normal gym is... on the far side of the region, from where you start out in BW2. Maybe he's not in the same city as the old Normal type was? Not that I know too much about this, so I might be wrong overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsola View Post
I think her design is really cool and I love the whole "rocker" look. She looks cute in the toughest possible way.
Yeah, that was a good description! Cute in a tough way. I've seen some fanart of her that simply is cute :3

Quote:
Homika's psycho. XD
I like Cherens new Gym Leader outfit, but I still like the water gym leader the best. So far
Cheren looks cool in his new outfit, apart from his legs. So... strangely feminine in those pants xD I love his hair though. And the cute fact that he hasn't got glasses now, but Bianca does totally ships them together

I found lovely pics of Elesa's and Cheren's new looks.

Spoiler:

And this new water guy... I honestly think he looks a little odd. Especially with his, um, fail tan. But he doesn't look as strange as Crasher Wake, so :D

Spoiler:

Old May 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Quote:
Homika's psycho. XD
I agree! I think Game Freak did a really good job with Shizui's design. It's simple but unique enough for him to stand out. I'm really hoping that he has a Lombre since his gym is based around lily pads.
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Olli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Ugh, I really don't like Trubbish, haha. But maybe it's inevitable that it's on her team. Koffing does imply that she's one of the early gym leaders, yeah. But Cheren has a Patrat so he has to be very early as well. And the Normal gym is... on the far side of the region, from where you start out in BW2. Maybe he's not in the same city as the old Normal type was? Not that I know too much about this, so I might be wrong overall.
Well, I think I heard somewhere that Cheren is gonna be the first gym leader, and it fits well with the fact that he has a Patrat, so yeah, the Normal type gym is probably located elsewhere, closer to the start town. And with that, Homika probably has to be second gym leader, since she has a first stage Pokémon and all.

I'm not quite sure which number gym leader Elesa is, but looking at the B2W2 promo, the protagonist has some quite high leveled Pokémon, so I'm thinking between from fifth to eigth.
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Quote:
Well, I think I heard somewhere that Cheren is gonna be the first gym leader, and it fits well with the fact that he has a Patrat, so yeah, the Normal type gym is probably located elsewhere, closer to the start town. And with that, Homika probably has to be second gym leader, since she has a first stage Pokémon and all.

I'm not quite sure which number gym leader Elesa is, but looking at the B2W2 promo, the protagonist has some quite high leveled Pokémon, so I'm thinking between from fifth to eigth.
Well in a scan that Serebii had on their website showed that the basic badge is the first one that your character can obtain, so I'm certain that he is the first one. Plus, there are some rumors going around that Cheren might not even battle in a Gym (but don't take my word for it!).
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Well, I think I heard somewhere that Cheren is gonna be the first gym leader, and it fits well with the fact that he has a Patrat, so yeah, the Normal type gym is probably located elsewhere, closer to the start town.
Yeah, but I wonder what he'll have besides Patrat? Or even where he battles you?

Quote:
Homika's psycho. XD
He (Cheren) looks so attractive now, his fanbase suddenly surged cos of the trailer.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links