The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
SethGallahad
Knight of Legends

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SethGallahad Send a message via Skype™ to SethGallahad
I thought it was awesome, to say the least. Also, I believe that shadow is Reshiram, and not Zerkrom. The wing and tail structure are too wavy to be that of Zekrom's.
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethGallahad View Post
I thought it was awesome, to say the least. Also, I believe that shadow is Reshiram, and not Zerkrom. The wing and tail structure are too wavy to be that of Zekrom's.
I think they showed only a shadow because they wanted to make the trailer for both versions and not just, for instance, White 2.
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethGallahad View Post
The shadow is ambiguous - its intended to resemble both Reshiram and Zekrom, or even Black/White Kyurem. Kind of like how the statue in Eterna City is designed to look like both Dialga and Palkia.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Reshiram has a long, flowing tail, which the shadow does not have. And Zekrom's wings aren't as long as the shadow's wings are.

It's neither of them specifically, but represents both.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
If N already caught Kyurem how can the player catch the Mascot? Black/White Kyurem is a Form Change so there'd only be one Kyurem in either game. If its owned by N then the Player cannot catch it and makes them redundant. Not to mention it would be the first time a Player could not catch the Box Mascot.
Maybe it could be Zekrom or Reshiram depending on the game you purchase. In example, if you purchase Black 2 it could be Reshiram while White 2 would be Zekrom. But the people who made the promo obviously didn't want to give it away; at least not yet.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Zerrah.
Mauling with Ursaring

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
3) Motherflippin' Arcanine sinking its motherfrikkin' teeth into motherfrackin' Seviper was the turning point. It exclaimed "THIS GAME IS A CHILDREN'S GAME NO LONGER. THIS IS A MAN'S GAME."
This. XD I'm so glad I was secluded in my room when I saw this trailer for the first time. I recall yelling "OH!" at the top of my lungs when Arcanine fought. And then I burst into maniacal laughter and probably sounded really stupid. It made me realize why I don't like the actual anime though. Cause there was no action, there was no suspense. Basically the episodes start with Ash wanting to fight someone, fighting and then losing to said person, somehow obtaining a new Pokemon/friend after helping them, *que friendship speech*, and then ending credits. Bore. I need to be dazzled by fights, and if the main character loses then he shouldn't be SWEPT BY A SNIVY WHILE HIS PIKACHU WAS EVENLY MATCHED WITH A LATIAS. But I digress.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new era, where someone more suited then Ash will take the reigns and actually keep me interested for more than two episodes. Don't get me wrong, becoming friends with a Pokemon in order to have them join you is not at all bad; but when the main character has basically only caught a Caterpie the normal way, then there is something wrong. And this whole: "I can't evolve my Pokemon because that's only admitting to the fact that they have to be fully evolved to win" is a load of bull-honky. Grow a pair Ash and actually make this a shonen anime!

And I'll finish by saying that I hope Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever witnesses the positive reactions to this trailer and runs with it.

Friend Safari and DW Pokemon - A Gen VI Trade Thread

3DS Friend Code:
3754 7177 6489
Brittany
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:57 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I think they showed only a shadow because they wanted to make the trailer for both versions and not just, for instance, White 2.
This really.

Oh and someone mentioned earlier, how would we be able to receive Zekrom/Reshiram if N has one and the protagonist had the other? Well I thought it would make sense if N released his (which could be Reshiram in Black 2 and Zekrom in White 2 - to match how it was in B/W), and it set off in the whereabouts of Unova where we would then catch it. n_n

@Zerrah. - Yes this trailer held lots of suspense! Like, what is the Shadow Triad up to, and why are they running from us? Why are areas frozen? It just comes to show that Black 2 and White 2 will be filled with action, or at least it better after a dedicated animation trailer like this.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:33 AM
empty streets
Ace trainer ★

Nature: Brave
My reaction to the video was like "OOMMMMMGGGGG why does a pokemon video has such great graphics?!" I looooved it. Pokemon could have a billion more fans if only the anime was like this.

I just love the new characters! Too bad that the female one isn't included, but who knows, maybe there will be another video with her.

THE BATTLE OMGMG! I want an Arcanine now.

I never liked Bianca, but she looks great here. So cute *_*.

AND GOD, N is so sexy.
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

i would like to see another animated trailer, maybe featuring the girl or different parts of the game, that would be great

Does this confirm the comeback of N?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
i would like to see another animated trailer, maybe featuring the girl or different parts of the game, that would be great

Does this confirm the comeback of N?
His Comeback was confirmed in CoroCoro last week, as he has new official art now.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hikamaru
forever and a day
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by empty streets View Post
My reaction to the video was like "OOMMMMMGGGGG why does a pokemon video has such great graphics?!" I looooved it. Pokemon could have a billion more fans if only the anime was like this.

I just love the new characters! Too bad that the female one isn't included, but who knows, maybe there will be another video with her.

THE BATTLE OMGMG! I want an Arcanine now.

I never liked Bianca, but she looks great here. So cute *_*.

AND GOD, N is so sexy.
Yeah, I want another video featuring the girl (White2).

The scene with Cheren was my fave part, you can see it in my signature.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old May 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yeah, I want another video featuring the girl (White2).

The scene with Cheren was my fave part, you can see it in my signature.
Cheren is so professional-looking in these games! Bianca/Bell still seems... The same. Although I wonder what her parents think of her choices now after allowing her to continue with her adventure 2 years ago.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

If they turned the trailer into an actual anime series I would definitely watch it. Cheren looks very spiffy and gorgeous in the trailer. The trailer makes me wonder what other changes or new things Game Freak added... :D

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hikamaru
forever and a day
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Snow View Post
If they turned the trailer into an actual anime series I would definitely watch it. Cheren looks very spiffy and gorgeous in the trailer. The trailer makes me wonder what other changes or new things Game Freak added... :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Cheren is so professional-looking in these games! Bianca/Bell still seems... The same. Although I wonder what her parents think of her choices now after allowing her to continue with her adventure 2 years ago.
The trailer should become its own anime, that will please the older Pokefans.

And yeah, I think Bianca is acting more mature now while still retaining her cuteness.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
The trailer should become its own anime, that will please the older Pokefans.

And yeah, I think Bianca is acting more mature now while still retaining her cuteness.
I don't think they'd have the money to maintain something like that. The anime style for the trailer was the same as a Pokemon Movie so the budget for it is a lot higher than that of the regular Anime. Seeing as they prolly spent the Anime budget for just one small trailer going by quality difference...I really don't think they could fund a full anime like that.
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Okay, this may sound crazy, but...
That shadow that flies over N doesn't look like Reshiram or Zekrom, it really doesn't...
I may be crazy, but I think its...Lugia...
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I don't think they'd have the money to maintain something like that. The anime style for the trailer was the same as a Pokemon Movie so the budget for it is a lot higher than that of the regular Anime. Seeing as they prolly spent the Anime budget for just one small trailer going by quality difference...I really don't think they could fund a full anime like that.
wow is it really? I guess when you factor in the new voice actors and drawings i could see that, but thats rather surprising. like i said before though, sometime in the future perhaps an ova could be made (something like a Chronicles story line), the graphics don't have to be as amazing as the trailer.

also, is it possible that we get to actually play those scenes out in game from the trailer?

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I beleive we will in some shape or form. Also why is N seen in DragonSpiral tower? Last we saw him was at his castle...this gives me the feeling that the tower will play a role once more, perhaps it'll be where we see N return.
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Forever
let it go

@KingCyndaquil: I don't think we'll see those scenes in particular in the games. While 3D animation and cut scenes or whatever B/W had was good, yeah, I don't think they'll revert to letting us see that kind of animation in the games, plus when that's not even in the anime, ya. :x
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
@KingCyndaquil: I don't think we'll see those scenes in particular in the games. While 3D animation and cut scenes or whatever B/W had was good, yeah, I don't think they'll revert to letting us see that kind of animation in the games, plus when that's not even in the anime, ya. :x
No i didn't mean like that, i meant like will we battle on a boat or will we have to give the shadow triad a chase leading to some kind of battle.

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
No i didn't mean like that, i meant like will we battle on a boat or will we have to give the shadow triad a chase leading to some kind of battle.
Oh, well then yes, definitely. I'm sure those will be important parts of the storyline, otherwise... why draw attention to them? Since we already know the scene of Bianca on the lookout, then I'm willing to think it'll happen.
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I beleive we will in some shape or form. Also why is N seen in DragonSpiral tower? Last we saw him was at his castle...this gives me the feeling that the tower will play a role once more, perhaps it'll be where we see N return.
yeah I agree that we may see N there, it's a good place for Kyreum to take his dragons energy too lol.

i'm more excited to see the scene with the shadow triad in the game, that will be a treat to play through, and i'm loving the whole rivalry/partnership the rival and the player share, sort of reminds me of Ash and Gary but the rivals a little more friendly lol

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
I loved the way how they combined a 2-D and 3-D art style and the way they did the scenes. It made the trailer look amazing.

It doesn't make me want to buy the game more or less, because I would end up buying it at some point anyways.

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:02 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiReki View Post
I loved the way how they combined a 2-D and 3-D art style and the way they did the scenes. It made the trailer look amazing.

It doesn't make me want to buy the game more or less, because I would end up buying it at some point anyways.
Well imo if it doesn't do that, does it at least make you want the games sooner? ;) Definitely does for me!
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

This trailer honestly makes me miss the follow me feature even more, i can foresee the subject resurrecting now because of it, I wouldn't really blame anybody for thinking it, i didn't see a pokeball thrown in the whole thing, its just late in the game to be thinking that.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links