The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Riku
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I guess I might've misunderstood what Gallagher said then. My bad.

Ben also went on later to say this as well:

My bad gaisu :x

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:31 AM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
SIMON FROM 7TH HEAVEN VOICES RIKU?! I'M JUST NOW FINDING THIS OUT AFTER BEING A FAN OF 8 YEARS?!

*Hides in corner of shame*
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:56 AM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand Alone View Post
I guess I might've misunderstood what Gallagher said then. My bad.

Ben also went on later to say this as well:

My bad gaisu :x
Dont be sorry yo!
He did sound alot like Gallagher's voice, it is understandable :)
glad we know who plays him right? :D so GOOD NEWS :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
SIMON FROM 7TH HEAVEN VOICES RIKU?! I'M JUST NOW FINDING THIS OUT AFTER BEING A FAN OF 8 YEARS?!

*Hides in corner of shame*
Yup, he does :o I found out maybe when i open the instruction manual of KH1 they have all the voice acting in KH1 instruction manual. Lance Bass(Idk if its Lance Bass from Nsync or some other lance bass) did the voice of Sephiroth in KH1 (did an epic job imo). Anywho, Yeah. Alot of famous actors/Actress was on KH mainly cause it was partly owned by disney lol. Like Mandy Moore, Christy Carlson Romano, Billy Zane (who voiced Ansem in Kh1, but his egotistic personality demanded more money, so they let him go and replaced him with Richard Epcar in Kh2 and so on). But yeah :)
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Riku
Community Supporter

Only bad thing is now, every time I see him, all I'll see is Nigel Uno :c

And in reference to the first KH game, it was actually Lance Bass of 'N Sync that voiced Sephy. And iirc, Sean Astin voiced Hercules. :3

Old May 19th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Don't feel bad, SA.
It's not your fault David Gallagher was misleading. Along with a couple of fansites. XD

I want Billy Zane back to voice Ansem, to be honest. He was great at being intimidating, and really put on the seeker of darkness into his character. I wish they didn't put him in their blacklist just because they had conflicting views. And that reminds me, Tarzan! Deep Jungle has to be back in KHIII. Although chances are slim to none.

I really haven't heard much of Numbuh One's voice in Kids Next Door so I'm okay. More on the VAs, Lance Bass sounded odd as Sephiroth. Can't remember how Herc sounded in KH. Mandy Moore was great as Aerith, though. And I actually knew Riku was Simon Camden from 7th Heaven since day one, blame the internet. He's pretty good though.
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Yui Hirаsаwа
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I love Square Enix, its my favorite game company ever. My favorite game they made is Final Fantasy 9 and Kingdom Hearts 2. I love Sora, Roxas and Zidane
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I love Square Enix, its my favorite game company ever. My favorite game they made is Final Fantasy 9 and Kingdom Hearts 2. I love Sora, Roxas and Zidane
Welcome to the Club!
Do you have anything to add about whose voicing the characters in the english port of KH3D? I personally don't, as long as the familiar characters have the same or similar voices I would be fine with it. But I would be very disappointed if they don't have the same voice actors. That'd ruin it for me for sure.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

(Welcome, Hayley!)

I don't really get worked up about voice actor changes in KH anymore. At least, not in the English version. :( They've changed the voices of major characters plenty of times and they're going to keep doing it, so I just have to deal. Thankfully, Sora, Riku and Roxas haven't changed, but poor Namine's gone through like 3 voices now and every time they get big-name actors to do voices (DiZ, MX, etc.), they always end up changing them to lesser-known ones to, presumably, save money as the series goes on. So I don't even know what to think now. Hopefully they'll change Aqua's voice in a future one! *fingers crossed*

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:34 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Welcome to the club, Hayley. ;D

I have to contribute to the discussion! Let's see, I really want Aqua's VA to get better or get going. Along with Terra's actually. However, I want Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas to still have theirs 'til the end of time. So yeah.

Now everyone, take a deep breath and scroll down.

- - huge reply starts now - -

Erica! So sorry it took 358/2 Days to reply. ;O;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
oh my god I put this off because I was having trouble getting my thoughts about a certain part down and then the posts kept building up and then I had no time to write this reply on the weekend and AAAH now this will take me forever. ;_; Here we go.

I’m formatting this by topic since I thought that worked really well that last time Cid had a ton of stuff to catch up on. XD;
Gah I know the feeling. Really there’s so much to talk about and I’m loving it! Only difference is you actually pretty much replied to everything. That takes an enormous amount of effort and time, even I got drained just replying to the last two walls of text or so that one time in the past.

That’s cool, I didn’t know it actually sort of worked. I shouldn’t have removed the quotes there, though, that nullified the organization. Besides, you did the formatting way better. Posting wall of texts like how it should be done. XD;

I apologize if this post lacks that same spiffy formatting, everyone.
I...tried my best.

Quote:
KINGDOM HEARTS

Vanitas
spoiler: Days, BBS, 3D
Spoiler:

My only issue with that is that is that we actually see inside Terranort's heart in BBS's secret ending. I think it was the secret one... where Terra and MX are staring each other down, arguing over who will inevitably take control of the body? They also imply Eraqus is there, I think, so I can definitely see the parallels to Sora what with taking in people in need but... I don't remember Vanitas ever being there or even hinted at. It would certainly make more sense than Sora at that point.

But. Vanitas looks just like Sora. I'm pretty sure when MX split Ven and Vanitas in the first place, both of their hearts (? does Vanitas have one? whatever, his equivalent, I mean) were shattered and incomplete. It was Sora who shared his heart with Ven so that Ven didn't die, and I assumed that accidentally spread over to Vanitas too which is why he looks like Sora. I can't really think of another explanation for it, unless he's some sort of reflection like Xion was supposed to be and can take on different appearances but then why would he take on Sora's?

I think it's significant that Terranort/Xehanort/WHOEVER harbours hearts as well. It doesn't really come up in 3D but I think it'll be a thing eventually. (If it did come up in 3D, it went totally over my head. Which is quite possible--those kinds of things are pretty deep and always got me a bit confused in the other games when I played them in Japanese. xD) When Vanitas appears to Sora, Nomura said in a Famitsu interview this week that he only takes form because he's reacting with Ven's heart. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean and I think he was being intentionally vague about it. He said otherwise, Vanitas has no form. :s

Spoiler:
The only reason I’m going with the idea that Vanitas is in MX is that he appeared beside MX when Ven reacted to MX inside Sora’s heart. If Vanitas were inside Sora then my logic would demand that Vanitas appear beside Sora instead, or at least pop out without mimicking the exact lines MX said. It is sort of like Xion because part of Ven’s memories probably flooded into her so Braig saw her as Ven, this time it’s Ven/Sora seeing Vanitas in MX. Wait...that comparison was misplaced. ^^;

Anyway, I think Vanitas does have a heart, one of pure darkness created from Ventus and presumably amplified by MX. That could have made him take MX or an incarnation of him as a logical sanctuary if he’s in danger, and I think he would rather choose that than someone all light-filled like Ventus. Besides, Ventus kicked him out of his heart entirely at the end of his story. Then again since Sora has an Anti Form and almost completely falls into darkness in 3D, he could still cradle someone like Vanitas (if he is cradling Vanitas, why would he not appear in Sora's heart world in 3D?). Anyway, my statements are making less sense to the layman by the minute. I think the fact that he looks like Sora does sound like Xion’s case, even though I initially didn’t think it was at all similar. See, I always thought Ventus and Vanitas were separate personas and one wouldn’t directly affect the appearance of the other, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe judging from that same vague Nomura interview that explained the black-haired Sora-face, he took on the form simply because his old shell [Ven] filled its missing cracks with Sora’s something (I still don’t know how Sora performed what he did to Ven’s Dive to the Heart in BBS’s opening, or what Sora even used) and this carried on to the based on Ventus and Vanitas’ link. I’ll just accept that if it’s made like that. You know how vague Nomura is.

I thought 3D would’ve been the right time to make that comparison because Sora was getting turned into a Xehanort in the climax! Why would they miss that chance? Then again if they continue with this storyline in KHIII then it could still come up and be a thing then. That reminds me, I forgot about Eraqus possibly being inside the ThirteenDarknesses!Terra (which could be a version of Terranort, and to an extent, Xehanort) so that kind of solidifies the MX - Sora comparison. With the Famitsu interview, I always thought Vanitas would have form even without Sora meddling. Like, a black-haired Ventus with golden eyes. 8D
Quote:
Why Do All The Characters Suck At Remembering Past Events
spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded, 3D
Spoiler:

If DiZ wasn't literally in Re:Coded (ie, in the journal), then it's only because he chose not to be. Inserting the data into Jiminy's Journal was his idea, I'm pretty sure. He mentions the data insertion when he's standing on the beach in Sora's heart with Riku at the end of 3D. (That is SUCH a weird sentence.) But maybe I'm mixing things up? 'Cause I can't think of why he'd know what message to tell Namine unless he managed to dig something up about TAV. :/ Unless Namine found links in Sora's memories to them and told him about it. I imagine he probably wanted regular reports about how the rebuilding of Sora's memories was doing. (It just occurred to me now that I've been saying Sora's heart got broken+rearranged in COM all this time... I've actually meant memories every time. That's exciting. More on that later!) But Coded was really confusing, now that I think about it. The journal took Riku's form, Roxas was there, Namine was there being more omnipotent than usual... x_X; I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of really important details from this game. I need to do a canon refresh on it, ugggh.

Also, okay, I can see why they'd hide things from Sora then. He would just bolt out the door to go save them the moment he found out they were potentially in danger or something. And he'd probably come running in 10 minutes later "...wait... where are they!?"

It’s never been stated anywhere, no. That’s why I’ve always been so confused on the matter. Depending when/if he knows who he is and what he’s done and what he wants to do, it really changes how the series is viewed. If he knows from the start and leaves Braig in the dark about everything right up until the moment he takes his heart, then he’s a lot more cunning than everyone else in the series assumes. If he only remembered who he was as the Apprentices started losing their Hearts to become Nobodies, he doesn’t seem quite as threatening. Definitely a threat of sorts, yes, but it also means he’s vulnerable to losing control and that’s important.

I doubt anyone remembers that LS is even around. Since Sora so forgot to tell an adult.

sdklfjuslkdjfljesl efSLKFJDSKLFS ORGANIZATION NORTEEN. /dead

Spoiler:

Yeah, it makes sense. DiZ is the only guy with actual data-planting knowledge/powers so he must have been involved in most of Re:Coded. Hahaha, weird sentences are a staple in series discussion of course. ;D I bet an average guy reading a Nomura interview from the more recent Ultimania would be befuddled himself. Back on track, I've watched Cyberman65's subbed playthrough and I remember DiZ did mention data stuff there I think. I can't really remember. But I'm really leaning towards Naminé secretly implanting the info on everyone because if I remember correctly, Data Naminé implied that it was Naminé who wanted them to know about the people who were hurting, and was also the one who included the message. I haven't played it for awhile so I might be making that up. Man, this makes me want to go over the plot again.

XD; That would be so much like him. Hahahaha.

I always kept thinking he was still actually Terra but more sinister and with his dark side activated, literally. But I know the canon depicts him as a different person. Still, I'm not liking how everyone has to be Xehanort. =\ It's like the perfect formula to make the villains even more shallow. Finding out Ansem, Seeker of Darkness from the first one was actually just a Heartless of Terranort who had not much past with him ('cept being part-Xehanort so technically his past is Master Xehanort's, but I think 3D depicts them separately), I did not like that. I liked battling him as Aqua in the original BBS ending though. It was really dramatic and made me want to punch Terra's face to return to normal.

And even though I always treated secret bosses as canon they never reflect in the story. Or maybe Sora's just really that forgetful. Hahaha.

Organization Norteen would be like the perfect pre-release fan name since BHK. XD;;

Quote:
spoiler: Days, BBS
Spoiler:

I think Xemnas is probably the Terranort with the most memories of Terra in him. He remembers Aqua and refers to her as a “friend” during KH2FM when he visits her armour in Radiant Garden. He’s concerned with finding Ven in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel there. The only thing that weirds me out about this assumption is that Xemnas specifically sees Xion as Sora. You’d think he’d see her as Ven like Xigbar does since if he’s got more of Terra’s memories than the other ‘Norts, wouldn’t Ven be his closest connection to Sora? :s

Actually, I guess Xehanort/Xemnas must know that Ven’s in C.O. since he keeps sending Axel to look for the room he’s in in Days. But how does he know? It’s stated somewhere that Xemnas found C.O. and took it as another base… was he looking for Land of Departure because he figured that’s where Aqua would have left Ven? :/ Only explanation I can think of. Which then brings back the “how much did Xehanort (+ others) remember?” thing.
Spoiler:
True. Since Xemnas was Terra's body and all. And I'll ignore how that may sound weird. Anyway, Xemnas's corruption actually supports my idea that Terranort was just Terra in his darkest, and called his past self using third person. But it's obviously not the case canon-wise. Anyway, your points are quite spot-on. Except I think he just feels Ven as a sort of unexplained feeling that draws him inside C.O. which he doesn't completely get. The fact that he's sending in Axel repeatedly would aim to relieve this otherwise bizarre drive of his. Oh, I don't actually remember Days referring to Xemnas as seeing Xion with Sora's face but I think it would make sense. And he's probably locked Terra's memories deep inside his heart or rid them completely, just his overall Terra-ness stands. Maybe? I don't know, if that makes any sense. As to where the memories could have drifted to, they're probably in the Lingering Sentiment or even in Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (ironically, calling him Xehanort would just be confusing, so I'll use his old moniker, haha).

Quote:
spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:

They’re similar but… they aren’t that similar. I mean, they have similar personalities but they don’t look alike and it seems really weird to assume that Ven’s with Sora after like 10 years of probably not thinking about him much. :s

Yeah so… no excuse for them, I think. XD Everyone else, they would have met him (and the others) so briefly that it wouldn’t leave much of an impression but I find it hard to believe they’d totally forget everything about Ven. Must’ve been Namine.

spoiler: BBS
Spoiler:

She promised she wouldn’t go get him until she could bring Terra back to wake him up with her. She doesn’t break her promises. ;~;
Spoiler:

I agree. Even I wouldn't have guessed it if I hadn't seen BBS's ending. Or maybe I would have because he acted just like Sora. But in the universe, they're pretty much not easy to associate if you're not that close to either or got to observe the similarities. After all, it would be hard to do that with a ten-year gap of vaguely remembering how Ven was.

Actually that presents an interesting point. Then again, Naminé wouldn't do that without being out of character, so never mind that point. Ven is forgettable for them despite the probably mutual D-Link and all. Which doesn't make sense.

You're right about Aqua, though. I guess we have to wait for a long while before we see Ven if that's the case. ;O; Come on Terra go back to your body already! Whichever it may be: Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Terranort, etc. XD
Quote:
358/2 Days
spoiler: Days
Spoiler:

Days kind of confuses me because it's not like they ran out of time or anything. Because of the game mechanics, you'd do something like 3-4 days in a row based on what missions you took on, and that way they let you do things in your own order to some extent. So for those, it makes sense that nothing important would happen in-between those days because it could potentially mess with who was around for missions that you left for later and whatnot but... there's no excuse for when it skips ahead 20-30 days every so often. Even I wouldn't want to do that many daily missions but they didn't all have to be Organization missions. :/ There was plenty of room timeline-wise to do things, they just skipped out on it. Maybe the DS cartridge was already packed to the brim and they honestly couldn't fit anything else in (I might have heard something to this effect--it could also explain why they never released an FM for it... since no extra content would fit anyway) but... I dunno. It really does feel like they missed out on a lot of things that could have explained more in KH2 or given more throwbacks to BBS or something.

Spoiler:
That part of mission order being optional kind of ruins the canon-feel, although the world visiting from the past games has almost always allowed variation. And since the missions aren't that plot-changing themselves, there really isn't much difference. Besides if there was a problem with the short time span causing inconsistencies, they could just attach the intermediary, possibly important events to the ends of the missions (or better yet, inside them) themselves, or at least make the order more solid if it actually still messes things up. But I definitely agree that the lengthy, almost month-long skips should have perfectly depicted important events in-between. In addition, having other non-affiliated/personal missions would have been perfect to include good characterization, and development both to people and to the plot. All this while still keeping the mission format of the game itself in check. It's really an interesting concept that I didn't think about. But yeah the game definitely needed more throwbacks aside from Ven!Xion. I did hear Nomura wanted to see Days and its story in a proper platform if I'm remembering things right. So there is hope. ;D

Quote:
Spoiler:

w-well, I was coming up with this awesome theory about why he was overthrowing the Org and was reading the journal entry to see if it could help me… and pretty much all it says is “why did Axel kill Vexen??” Marluxia, he killed him because you ordered him to you idiot WHY DO YOU THINK. >:( It made me drop my theory because if he can’t get his head around that, there’s no way he’s smart enough to have come up with what I was thinking fml. XD

Yeah, the Org sees Xion with her hood up. I don’t think they can see her as anything else since I’m not sure the hood is really a hood. That makes no sense but like… I remember the scene right before Xion and Axel become friends where all three of them are up on the Clock Tower and every time the scene shows just her and Roxas, her hood is down, but if the scene shows all three of them, the hood is up. She’s not taking it on and off just because she trusts Roxas to let him see her face… Axel is just literally seeing her with the hood on no matter what. So I don’t think taking the hood off would even be possible for a lot of people because it’s not even there, necessarily. They just see it regardless. But if it can be done, my guess is she probably just looks like Sora (who she is supposed to be a doll based on) or some featureless doll.

Awwwwww, Axel! ;_; That scene. And Xion trying so hard to not sound emotional too. ;_; *pets them both*

Inifinite hoods is kind of the greatest idea ever. This is my new headcanon. Way better than what I said.
Spoiler:

I think some of the secret reports/journal entries were pretty rushed. That is, they were done without checking if this character would not act that way in other games. So yeah, even though Marluxia's stupid line was basically made canon, it probably wasn't intended. Or maybe the guy who wrote the entries forgot that one scene (or even outright haven't played CoM, only knowing major plot points), and blamed Saix for Axel's actions instead (since that's what Zexion thinks according to his report) even though it was Marluxia who ordered him. In other words, I really don't think Marluxia is that much of an idiot. Plus I'd love to hear your theory.

It's actually a sound idea for her hood to not be a conventional hood. I'm leaning towards her hood being an illusion wherein if you try to touch it, your hands will slip through. But inside that hood, it's not easy to think that Sora's in it because it would be awkward for a body wearing feminine features, even donning heels, to have Sora's face. I'm voting for featureless doll or black-haired Kairi or even infinite hoods, just not cross-dressing Sora. XD;

That scene really, so happy they included it. It's evident that Axel already grew his heart back there. So I'm just enjoying the emotions and getting my heart broken from all the shouting. Everyone just needed a hug. ;O;

XD
Quote:
3D
spoiler: I'm going to assume anyone who's spoilt themselves for 3D also knows the rest of the series' plot. EVERYTHING.
Spoiler:
(spoiler-ception!)

Nobodies & Hearts
Spoiler:

Okay, so here's where that thing I said about memories and hearts gets interesting.

We've always been told that Nobodies are without hearts, because their hearts were forcibly removed and now inhabit a Heartless somewhere. Because they lack hearts, they also lack feelings and empathy and all those corny things that are associated with emotion. This is a really confusing definition though because it's pretty clear by the end of COM/Days/KH2 that some of the Nobodies show clear signs of emotion--Namine is seen crying as Sora falls asleep at the end of COM, Xion cries in Days, I think Roxas cries in Days (and doesn't understand what tears are xD), and Axel is shown crying just before he fades away in KH2FM when they add the extra scene at the top of the Clock Tower in Twilight Town. (...they also have happytimes but crying is a more difficult emotion to fake, I'll say. XD) You could even argue that other Nobodies, like Demyx, Larxene, or Vexen, show emotion before they die--they were both in a state of disbelief or panic as they faded, compared to others who didn't really seem to to be too distressed about it (Xemnas, Marluxia, Saix).

3D gives the explanation for that: Nobodies may be created/born without hearts, but hearts are not a solely "natural" phenomenon. They can be created out of nothing because they're formed from shared experiences with people you care about: memories. Axel/Roxas/Xion had strong ties to one another and cared about one another, so they ended up with hearts in the end. Roxas and Xion are harder to see it in because I'm convinced Roxas actually had (at least access to) Ven's heart during his time as a Nobody and Xion is a reflection of Sora, so it might be easier for them to show emotion... but Axel? If you read his entries in the secret reports in Days, it's so obvious that he slowly gets [a] heart back as you read them chronologically. He goes from not caring about anything at all to seriously worrying about Xion/Roxas and questioning the fact that he feels like he has emotions again. He got his heart from befriending Roxas and Xion.

Memories are definitely tied to the heart. The members at C.O. in COM were stationed there to study the heart and what to they do? Pretty much everything in that game is tied to memories, be it Namine playing with Sora's or implanting fake ones in Riku Replica. That implantation essentially gave Riku Replica a heart--those were definitely not fake emotions and he had no clue that he wasn't real until they forced him to see it. Then, when Naminé "broke" him so he wouldn't kill Sora, he managed to come back, presumably because whatever had formed in him was his own, not just memories falsely implanted. There are also a lot of lines about the heart and memories in this game and I remember a few years ago I was coming up with a theory about this but never really got anywhere with it. (I remember being really intrigued by the story in Halloween Town in COM regarding hearts.) I feel like I need to go back and look into all this now because it might actually be relevant. :D

I don't really know what happens to Nobodies who gain hearts. Lea--I think--remembers everything from being a Nobody, so I assume his hearts just merged or something. Or hearts aren't literally hearts? Maybe what everyone refers to as a heart is moreso a connection of shared memories than a (meta)physical object. So it wasn't that Lea now had two hearts when he revived, he just had more memories to add to the ones that made up his original heart. I hope that's not too confusing (it is) but I can't really explain it too well since my ideas on this are pretty shaky to begin with. XD; They definitely said that Nobodies grow new hearts, though.

I think Xigbar was explaining, but Xemnas was standing right there and the rest of the conversation (“;_; HOW COULD YOU USE EVERYONE LIKE THAT. THEY HAD HEARTS AFTER ALL.”) was aimed at him.

spoiler: 3D, rest of the series' plot
Spoiler:
Well at first the reasons I convinced myself to believe were that anyone who gets connected with Sora (to an extent, Roxas) like Xion and Axel get to experience real emotion even without hearts (even believing that maybe that's the magic Sora did to Ven at the start of BBS, but yeah apparently 3D says it's not connected to Sora or his alleged magic). Or at least Axel and Xion secretly hid theirs, because Roxas has no problem since it's very likely that Ven's heart got itself inside him to help him feel like you said. And I also have to add that anger as an emotion definitely proved they had hearts, with Xion's first encounter with Riku, Axel's separate confrontations with Roxas and with Xion, etc. That adding up to sadness and fear which you gave good examples to. :D

But I honestly like 3D's explanation now. It's just sad that they were made to believe following the Organization would be the only way to get them back. But yeah memories do have important connections with one's hearts, I mean, the whole Organization XIII acted their fake emotions even without hearts by their past selves' memories. So it's much bigger of a link than anyone would guess. Even from there, you'd think they'd already have a blueprint of a heart because where would these memories have been located? CoM indicates that the links of memories settle deep inside the heart so that implies that normal memory chains are located in it. And I guess it's just a growing experience: new memories made as a Nobody would have to rebuild this blueprint into an actual shell to place the memories in.

Your concept of heart being just shared memories is actually convincing, and I remember Sora's heart fragments showing memories (mostly of him and Riku which I found really awkward) when Riku was diving into Sora's Dive to the Heart (haha) before 3D's final boss. But even without 3D, Ven's Dive to the Heart certainly explains a lot. His station was basically blank even with Sora's help because his memories were damaged and possibly rested deep inside it. And when he was allowed to stay at The Land of Departure, got to meet Aqua and Terra, and experienced memories once more, his Dive to the Heart shifted to depict the color-coded Wayfinders representing the trio's connections. One more proof would be Kid!Sora's which comparably had less faces from his current one and instead, simply depicted activities during childhood (I vaguely remember a Paopu Fruit and the infamous raft there, for example), basically just Destiny Islands. That and his friendship with Riku interested him then so that composed his memories (reflecting in the station itself). So yeah.

When I watched that scene again with subs, it was actually Xemnas who continued with the talk and did most of explaining the growing hearts, even talking about him lying towards the Organization XIII that they didn't have hearts. Gah, Xemnas is evil. And of course, this triggered Sora's speech (And the best part of it would be "Tsunagaru kokoro ga ore no chikara da!" which was just filled with Sora's emotion. Interesting that from the first KH until BBS was always translated as "My friends are my power!" instead of the literal translation, i.e. "Connected hearts are my power!" ...then again, the usual translation sounds less silly.).

Quote:
Spoiler:
Thirteen Darknesses & Seven Lights
Spoiler:

Who are the Lights even supposed to be, again?
  1. Sora
  2. Riku
  3. Mickey
  4. Kairi (?)
  5. Aqua (?)
  6. Ven (?)
  7. Terra (?)

Past Sora and Riku (and I guess Mickey), I seriously have no idea. Kairi’s already been a Princess of Light, so can she count for this? I assume she must because otherwise, why would they have her turn up at the end of 3D. The previous trio seems like an obvious assumption but it’ll be a lot of work to bring them back. I don’t know who else could count, though. I’m assuming Lea won’t count because I think he’s a little too close to the side of Darkness to be Light. He was a Nobody (in-between) when he came into the series and I’m pretty sure from one of his lines in 3D, he has no problem using the Darkness to get what he wants. (He says something about going to save Riku if Riku doesn’t come back from the Darkness when he goes to get Sora or something. I can’t remember his exact words but he was essentially saying “Well, [doing things in the Darkness] is all I’m good at so I can help”. I don’t think he’ll be a Light. He also wasn’t supposed to have a Keyblade (and thus may not have been destined for the “good” side), so if the Lights were predestined, that counts him out too.

The 3D opening is probably the best example of who the Lights will be, actually. Can’t really figure out why they’d bother showing it that way otherwise. :x I think Kairi is more likely than Roxas. If Roxas were a light, I feel like Xion would be too and then it gets complicated because then they have to vote someone off the island to make room. The vote is unanimously Terra.

I think Ven is too important to try to destroy. :B Besides, if what I said above somewhere is right, getting rid of Ven might get rid of Vanitas and I’m almost certain Vanitas will be one of the 13 Darknesses. Why else would he even be shown in 3D if he wasn’t coming back? And what other reason would he come back for?

….Larx might make a pretty good Dark, lmao. Only problem is, if she ever found out Xehanort was trying to turn her into a clone of himself or anything of the sort, she’d probably flip out on him. XD; But otherwise she fits the part!
Spoiler:
I would love for Kairi to be a Light but it would be somewhat problematic for her because she's also supposed to protect herself, being one of the Princesses of Heart. It would be awesome if she were destined to be one of the Lights nevertheless. As for Roxas, I think he popped out in the 3D opening just to provide closure for each of the three spinoffs (Roxas for Days, TAV for BBS, Mickey and maybe even Sora and Riku for Coded) and after thinking about it, I'm convinced that he's not going to be a Light. But you're right about Lea, except I think we'll still have him filling one of the spots at least before the actual seven are gathered and revealed. After all, they were talking about currently missing two spots (hopefully Kairi fills the other and turns out to be a predestined Light) because, Terra was still apparently one of the Darknesses according to MX's 3D speech. But then if Terra's a predestined Light himself, who would take his place as the predestined Darkness? Along with Sora's empty spot as the 13th Darkness? =\

That reminds me, I wonder how NA will translate the Seven Lights and the Thirteen Darknesses? Haha, Organization Norteen? They're bound to be the central terms for the heroes and villains in KHIII so they might think of a catchier name similar to Organization XIII. Although Juusan Kikan does translate to a worded Organization Thirteen so they probably won't change a thing. I still think the word Darknesses is a mouthful, and not having as much of a ring to it as Org. XIII.

Nah I still think Ven's no longer mortally connected to Vanitas and vice versa. But still, they wouldn't do that to Ven, or else Kingdom Hearts can't be achieved by MX (given the obvious assumption that Ven is a Light). But yeah Vanitas is certainly a Darkness if he's coming back. It would be awesome if he and Sora met. 8D Miyu Irino and Haley Joel Osment will be talking to themselves, haha.

Yeah it would creep Larxene out and drive her crazy, hahaha. If she or her complete self reappears I'll be so happy. :D

Quote:
Spoiler:
Sora's Keyblade
Spoiler:

Yeah, it’s either outright said or heavily implied that Sora won’t be able to use the Keyblade anymore if Ven isn’t with him. :x I don’t know why this is said to be an issue, though. Dude, if Lea can get a Keyblade, I don’t understand how it would be problematic for anyone to hand their Keyblade to Sora and initiate him again or something. XD;

That’s a good point. Sora could’ve gotten the Keyblade legitimately that way… but then why would it have become an issue in 3D? @_@ I feel like if they brought it up so specifically in 3D, it must have een for a reason that will be apparent in the next game.
Spoiler:
Your point makes so much sense that it's annoying how they show it as a huge problem for Sora. I mean, everyone got a Keyblade, even Kairi who accidentally had hers so couldn't have Sora accidentally inherited the Lingering Sentiment's for example? The moment Sakura mentioned would have been a good time, too! But yeah if he hasn't had a ceremony, it would be so simple to give him one on the spot. Gah, and Sora almost fell into the darkness for this stupidity.

If they say Sora was predestined to be one of the Thirteen Darknesses and can only inherit it from a fellow Darkness as a reason, I would flip out.

For some reason this reminds me of a little theory of mine, you guys know that Ven can have a hacked in Light Seeker in BBS, right? That is exclusively in the Japanese release, I think. Maybe this is a hint that Ven's Keyblade's true form was the Light Seeker/Kingdom Key D and it somehow stayed into the Realm of Darkness. You know, because it tried to help Aqua from the Darksides along with Terra's Keyblade (in the original BBS's final ending). So maybe that's how Mickey got a hold of the Kingdom Key D when he ventured the Realm (see original KH). Yeah, it probably isn't the case, not by a long shot. Still an interesting idea, in my opinion. I just want BBSv2 with Mickey's backstory.

Quote:
Spoiler:
General 3D Spoilers
Spoiler:

It wouldn't even have to be a lengthy tutorial. 3D's lasted like 5 minutes before it just tossed you into the game. (Seriously, there was NO lead-in for this game. @_@ Maybe it's supposed to mimic dropping off to sleep, how it just happens suddenly?) They could easily get away with a quick tutorial. Could even do it COM-style with her sparring against someone (I guess probably Riku) who's just blocking all her hits to make sure she knows what she's doing. They could timeskip it so she's already learned the basics and is putting it all together or something.

He should've, but I guess the scene was ridiculous enough without drawing attention to Lea's creepy.

I forget when it was, but in one of the Ultimania interviews for a game, Nomura said that the coats protect peoples’ hearts from the Darkness. So that’s why Riku and Mickey wore them, but I think the association with darkness is why the Organization had them. It was more for show with them because they had no hearts to deteriorate through the use of Corridors of Darkness.

That it does, although an interview that came out a few days ago (either from the Ultimania or ) seems to imply that it doesn’t do as good a job as the fandom assumed? Lea apparently went to Disney Castle because it was his best chance at meeting up with Mickey and getting a Keyblade, I guess. Otherwise he didn’t want to travel much through the Darkness, even with the coat. So he might get rid of it if he decides not to use the Corridors. I think it would be AWESOME to play as Lea if he used both weapons though. Story-wise, it’s probably in his best interest to publicly hide the fact that he has a Keyblade (so that he doesn’t become more of a target for the ‘Norts), so maybe he’ll use chakrams for a while yet.

I don’t mind it because although it’s not as classy as Bond of Flame was in KH2, it’s a hell of a lot better than Flame Rascal or whatever the fugly Keyblade Ven gets after meeting Lea is called. XD;

It's a KH game... of course you should! Aside from two or three weird cutscenes, I felt the rest of the game was pretty straight forward so it felt just weird up until the end with not much to confuse you with. But yes, the fight with YMX and scene right after is definitely the climax so everything that came later just felt a bit out of place. I liked all the content, it just felt like it didn't really belong as well.

The Nomura interview that released the other day pretty much said that this was a fight he asked them to add on last minute because it “made more sense as a fight”. And I mean, yeah, it did, but now I have an explanation for why it felt so tacked on. Because it was. X_x;
Spoiler:

I did notice it from the playthroughs but I guess Traverse Town was sort of a tutorial. And yeah, I agree with all that you said. I just want some Kairi inner monologue or something so she gets more of her character into the table. I know I liked Aqua so much more because of what she thought about things and how she reacted, ignoring the fact that she could have used a better VA. But I think I can trust Hayden Panettiere to give her good lines, I really hope they don't get rid of her.

XD

Yeah, until they started growing their own. That's when the coats get their use. It's possible that because Xemnas knew the heart-growing from the start, so he immediately proposed the coat idea (even though the others really wouldn't get it because as you said they don't have hearts that would get corrupted anyway). I guess everyone thought it looked cool anyway (I myself am getting sick of the repeated use of this coat) so they obeyed Xemnas's fashion code.

I want Lea to have new clothes but still use both the chakrams and his new Keyblade. And it would make sense for him to hide the Keyblade use. Maybe he would suddenly be forced to switch places with Terra in a plot twist from Light to Darkness when the bad guys find out he can use the Keyblade while still being more or less linked to Darkness, maybe even using Lea being corrupted by continuous use of the Corridors as a reason for his forced switch of sides, who knows?

Frolic Flame. ;D Rascal Flame was its Japanese name. But yes his new fire-themed Keyblade looks way better (although it does remind me of chicken feathers).

I guess that's why you felt it was rushed. At least Nomura was honest about it.

Quote:
NA Additions
Spoiler:

No, I don’t think they will. At most, they might add a cutscene or two in (or change some lines) to make the overall story less confusing, but I can’t really think of anything they can add. I mean, I guess they might add stickers or something, but the game just doesn’t feel like it needs a Final Mix so I can’t think of anything they could really add to the English version to merit a re-release in Japan.

But I’d say 3D is more of a “main” game than any of the other spinoffs so far. I was arguing this with someone on another website, but of all the games in the series that aren’t numbered, this one adds the most to the plot.
spoiler: Days, BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:
The only thing arguably important in COM was Riku’s story (as much as I hate to admit it). In Days, nothing new was brought to the table—the game focussed entirely on Roxas and Xion, both of whom are irrelevant after the tutorial of KH2 and Xion doesn’t even exist in anyone’s memory after the game. BBS, the only thing really important (no matter how much I love everyone) is Master Xehanort. His actions are the only ones that reeeally affect the story later on and MX is the only one important to the plot of 3D. Re:Coded is arguably important because it takes place after KH2 and the ending does hint at where the series is/was going, but when the entire game is only “important” because of one ending cutscene… yeah. I kind of discount it.

spoiler: 3D
Spoiler:
But 3D? MX is back, the whole 13 Darknesses + 7 Lights, Riku is a Keyblade Master, and Lea being a Keyblade Wielder. That’s all going to be pretty important in KH3, so I think people who try to play KH3 while only playing the numbered games will be really confused if they don’t play 3D at the very least.
Spoiler:
If they do release a 3D FM I think they will add at least a secret boss or two along with maybe another scenario like BBS aside from additional cutscenes. But it would only be minimal and just wouldn't be that important.

It's true that 3D outweighs the other spinoffs in importance. I'm thinking they'll just transfer the Mementos feature with KH3D added for KHIII. Or at least use the KHIII opening as a stylistic recap.

Quote:
English Trailer
Spoiler:
GUYS THEY RUINED MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE WHOLE TRAILER WITH THE ENGLISH VERSION. ;____;
Spoiler:

Roxas is supposed to get the catchphrase wrong. :( The verb tense is supposed to be a little off which I thought was hilariously dorky and now he doesn’t seem so derp. Aww.

Also, is it just me or did a lot of the voices just sound flat and… I dunno… bad? Maybe it’ll be better in the actual game but wow a lot of the acting in this trailer sounded really half-assed. And I don’t like YMX’s voice. ;_;

I think the lip flap will match just fine in the game, but for the trailer, all they did was dub over the original Japanese trailer. You’ll notice all the gameplay videos are in Japanese so I think they just didn’t bother remaking the trailer entirely for the English crowd. Actual game should be better. Hopefully. (The only game that never matched lipflap was Re:COM and that’s because the cutscenes were all pre-rendered [which is why they were blurry] so they couldn’t be changed from the Japanese mouth settings.)

(yeah, the last two of those were only in spoiler tags because it was really hard to read this post otherwise. XD)
no spoilers.
Spoiler:
I love that comic! Roxas looks so adorable getting it wrong like that. :3 I really wish they kept that in the English version and maybe changed the cutscene a little to immediately show Axel smirk from the failed imitation. But I guess not.

YMX did sound bad. But I don't really mind. I always think that for the English cutscenes, the background music takes care of the mood to make it less awful, in case the VA falls flat once in a while. Trailers get rid of that, so what you get is badly edited cutscenes that show the negative parts of the voice acting. Although I do miss emotional Sora and co. who always got their lines spot-on (really evident in the first one). Are they getting payed less since it's not on a console? ;O;

I don't think they just dubbed over the original Japanese one. The lip flap is noticeably different, what they didn't replace was the gameplay portions, they just muted the in-game sounds to not be that noticeable. I'm blaming bad video editing for the awfully matched mouth movement. But yeah I'm hopeful for the actual game to not be this subpar. Also I have to add that Days and Coded also didn't have matched lip flap for obvious reasons.
Quote:
General Stuff
no spoilers. just saving space for people scrolling on past. also formatting. :x
Spoiler:

I'll admit, the boss battles and different world formats were really different, and kind of interesting... but I was so bad at almost all of them so I just did not enjoy them. Like, I hated the side-scrolling Traverse Town, the shootemup Wonderland (?), the turn-based Coliseum, and so on. XD; Not a fun time for me.

I kept trying to think of a way to word it that didn't sound like I thought you were absolutely crazy. Not sure I managed. Sorry! XD;

Yeah, pretty sure Osaka did BBS, so I think they did 3D (and Re:Coded ;_;) too. *looks this up*

Okay, apparently Osaka and Tokyo merged into "1st Production Department" in Fall 2010, so several months after BBS came out. I guess it was both, now. XD They're in charge of FF XIII's series, FFVII, Dissidia, and KH. So I guess everything popular that isn't Dragon Quest.

They must know they have tons of pathetic fans like me who will buy pretty much anything they put out in the KH series. ;_; It's easy money since they really just have to change the voice track, squeeze in an extra boss fight or two, and make a new secret movie and I will buy wahtever they put in front of me. /baaaw

Yeah, that's probably the case but he still sounds so damn smug when he laughs away the game that was set to be my favourite in the series noooo whyyyy. ;_;

Also, in KH Days they changed the Multiplayer system around. In the original, you HAD to play it with another person. They added a solo mode to the English game though, so you could still complete it even if you didn’t know anyone else with a copy.

To be fair, most of them do make the fanbase look insane, but if you get past the ridiculous ones and the people who are like “DISNEY SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME SO IT’S MORE BADASS”, the fandom is absolutely delightful!

I may or may not already be debating which order I want to replay the games in before 3D comes out in English. I just played KH2 a few months ago though, so I’m not too keen on playing it again.

no spoilers. just prepare for tons of lines that more or less reply to the corresponding quote.
Spoiler:

I see. I was bad at Gummi Ship Wonderland and turn-based Coliseum, too but I didn't really mind, haha.

Maybe I am. 8D In any case, don't worry about it. ;D

Ah they merged. So no more differentiation needed, haha. But that's a lot of stuff to work on. Dragon Quest is lucky to have the Enix side of SE solely for its releases.

That's not pathetic at all. The more pathetic ones are the people who miss out on it (like me!), in my opinion. We just resort to YT videos. :x

I know right? Why must BBSv2 be such a tease. ;O;

I actually didn't know that. Interesting. And lucky for English-speaking gamers.

I do love the KH fandom. Those people who hate the Disney should just go away though, ahaha.

I want to replay the games before NA 3D so bad. Sadly I don't have the time. D:
I'll probably just rely on the Memoirs feature. :3
I've finally replied to everything KH! That took sooo long. XD

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY

FF7 Compilation
Spoiler:

Oh my god I cried so hard when I finished Crisis Core. I have never been so emotional over a video game. I remember the next day, I had a doctor’s appointment and my mom went with me and I started tearing up just remembering what I’d played through the night before and my mom got so worried that something was seriously wrong. XD;;

Spoiler:
The part that always got to me the most was the slots thing? How it goes through all of your friends and none of them can help you and Aerith’s shows up RIGHT AS YOU DIE and can’t kick in fast enough. /cries forever

T_T I’d totally forgotten that was even a scene. I’ve been meaning to watch this again sometime. I don’t think my brother ever saw the Complete version so maybe I’ll see if he wants to watch it with me this week. But awww, Zack, he’s such a good sport about everything. I love him. Best FF protagonist.

Spoiler:
oh my god there are no words for how much I hate Aerith’s English voice in KH2 and Advent Children. It’s just so boring and lifeless and DULL. She’s supposed to be light and playful. Mandy Moore did a good job in KH1 and CC Aerith was great, but ugggh the in-between was just horrible.

Did you know their Japanese voice actors are married? <3 So cute.

Spoiler:
spoiler: Crisis Core
Spoiler:
You reminded me of how awful that scene was. Now I just watched it on YouTube and man. The modulating phase scenes! The way everyone fades into a white silhouette. Only Aerith lasts and then...everything glitches and fails, Zack screams of pain, and Aerith doesn't make it, fades into white too then...it all ends. The feeling of helplessness was just downright depressing. D': And it's even more sad because I knew he was gonna die but I really didn't want him to! And now...I'm reminded of the tears I shed for that game. ;O;

But that appointment, really funny how you described it. XD;
Okay I'm good now. :3

Best FF protagonist indeed. He was awesome in Complete.

spoiler: why was this in a spoiler again? XD;;
Spoiler:
It was, absolutely. And the fact that the voice actress didn't know the character at all just makes it worse.

I can't get over how they're actually married!
Quote:
Final Fantasy XIII-2
spoiler: there are actual spoilers in here... it's not just formatting!
Spoiler:
Sooo… the last two DLC for FFXIII-2 come out tomorrow and the day after, I think. They feature Lightning and Snow.

I think we’re finally getting the freaking ending now. I’m really annoyed that they withheld it for DLC and I refuse to buy it which sucks because I really do want to know how the game ends. You know. Since I put like ~80 hours into completing it. (Probably more, actually.) I’ll just Youtube an LP of it, I guess, but I really wish they’d have just included the ending in the game. Maybe one day in the future when the DLC is on sale I’ll pick it up but until then, I refuse to give them my money. I feel like if I support this here and now, it’ll just invite them to keep pulling this sort of crap with their future games.
I should not have to pay for the ending to the game I already paid $80 for, Square-Enix.

spoiler: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Spoiler:

I know I've already made my points to this posts ago but I'd like to know if you've already seen the ending yourself. And also your opinion on it.
I'm okay with spoilers but oddly enough I don't plan to actually watch the video on YouTube yet. Not until I at least try out FFXIII-2 (and trust you on guiding me for when I would stop, at the right moment, with no loose ends and just a fulfilling ending, although I'll probably have to see the end of it anyway).
Quote:
OTHER STUFF
Well, I think the only time we've ever talked about Dragon Quest was to literally ask the question "...has anyone even played this?" So I dunno. TWEWY comes up often enough but I feel like worst case, it could be contained in a thread for it in Video Gaming. Every time it does come up, it only gets one or two posts before the topic changes. Hmm.

:/ Do we want to keep this thread all in one? Is anyone really opposed to splitting it? I think at this point it makes more sense to split them up because the back-and-forth for each series drowns out the other. There’s so much to talk about right now and it’s hard finding a balance. Any opinions?

Aye, I actually never finished any Dragon Quest games, haha. Don't see people discussing them at all (quality of DQ is unrelated because the series is good, just not much KH/FF fans are drawn in). And yeah the conflicting topics sometimes overshadow each other so that's a problem (it's really hard to pick out the posts you want to reply to because it's like finding an FF or TWEWY post in a sea of KH ones and sometimes vice-versa).

I'm okay with splitting but it would be hard to get activity churning for each thread judging history. =\
You can expect me to post in both though! ;D
But I'm also alright with keeping the SE fan club as it is if the majority thinks it's best this way.
Quote:
hahaha before I formatted this, it was 16 pages in word. /COLLAPSES
Mine is probably shorter but I still don't want to know how long this is in comparison. It's probably the longest post I've ever made on this forum. XD; I didn't use Word, though. I made it a habit to send myself PMs of the unfinished post and just edit it there. I get to see how it looks like in PC as an added bonus. Oh and it wasn't completely my idea, I was following Ryan's old advice. :D

Yay I finished it. 8D Now I'm absolutely exhausted.

- - - -

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
CarefulWetPaint

uh... Wall of text makes my eyes bleed.

I just found out SE published Full Metal Alchemist! Are we allowed to talk about stuff they do outside of gaming or just gaming related stuff??
(Fullmetal alch was incredible (especially brotherhood))

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Riku
Community Supporter

While Youtube surfing today, I came across this little gem. Figured you guys might enjoy it and wanna try it yourself sometime too.

Also, it's officially confirmed Diskin to be YMX from his Facebook wall post:

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
I have to contribute to the discussion! Let's see, I really want Aqua's VA to get better or get going. Along with Terra's actually. However, I want Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas to still have theirs 'til the end of time. So yeah.
Kairi's already changed hers at least once before. :( I just know that Hayden Panetierre no longer does her voice which kind of sucks because I loved her Kairi. ;_;
Quote:
Spoiler:
The only reason I’m going with the idea that Vanitas is in MX is that he appeared beside MX when Ven reacted to MX inside Sora’s heart. If Vanitas were inside Sora then my logic would demand that Vanitas appear beside Sora instead, or at least pop out without mimicking the exact lines MX said. It is sort of like Xion because part of Ven’s memories probably flooded into her so Braig saw her as Ven, this time it’s Ven/Sora seeing Vanitas in MX. Wait...that comparison was misplaced. ^^;

Anyway, I think Vanitas does have a heart, one of pure darkness created from Ventus and presumably amplified by MX. That could have made him take MX or an incarnation of him as a logical sanctuary if he’s in danger, and I think he would rather choose that than someone all light-filled like Ventus. Besides, Ventus kicked him out of his heart entirely at the end of his story. Then again since Sora has an Anti Form and almost completely falls into darkness in 3D, he could still cradle someone like Vanitas (if he is cradling Vanitas, why would he not appear in Sora's heart world in 3D?). Anyway, my statements are making less sense to the layman by the minute. I think the fact that he looks like Sora does sound like Xion’s case, even though I initially didn’t think it was at all similar. See, I always thought Ventus and Vanitas were separate personas and one wouldn’t directly affect the appearance of the other, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe judging from that same vague Nomura interview that explained the black-haired Sora-face, he took on the form simply because his old shell [Ven] filled its missing cracks with Sora’s something (I still don’t know how Sora performed what he did to Ven’s Dive to the Heart in BBS’s opening, or what Sora even used) and this carried on to the based on Ventus and Vanitas’ link. I’ll just accept that if it’s made like that. You know how vague Nomura is.

I thought 3D would’ve been the right time to make that comparison because Sora was getting turned into a Xehanort in the climax! Why would they miss that chance? Then again if they continue with this storyline in KHIII then it could still come up and be a thing then. That reminds me, I forgot about Eraqus possibly being inside the ThirteenDarknesses!Terra (which could be a version of Terranort, and to an extent, Xehanort) so that kind of solidifies the MX - Sora comparison. With the Famitsu interview, I always thought Vanitas would have form even without Sora meddling. Like, a black-haired Ventus with golden eyes. 8D
Spoiler:
But YMX wasn’t actually there to begin with. I’m pretty sure at that point, Sora’s just hallucinating because he’s still in the world of sleep at that point. I think YMX’s visual was resonating with Ventus’s heart so that [he and Sora together] saw YMX and Vanitas approaching them. I don’t think this really had so much to do with whose heart Vanitas was in and was more about recognizing a danger or something. I didn’t get the vibe that Vanitas’s appearance was actually significant. :s I’m not sure what that scene was supposed to be for. Besides, Vanitas’s heart wouldn’t be in YMX anyway… it would be in Terranort or MX. So I feel like Vanitas’s appearance in that scene doesn’t really say much of anything about where he is.

But how could Vanitas’s form change AFTER they’d been split? I mean, I know this is KH and weird things tend to happen but… that doesn’t make sense to me. Form changes happen all the time, but the only precedence we have for it is when someone else is taking over their heart. Riku changes into Ansem when he accepts darkness into his heart and Ansem sort of makes a home there. Xion changes into Sora when she’s taken most of his memories. Terra changes (partially) into Xehanort when his heart is taken over… all of them took the hearts/essence of the person they changed form to, so to me, it only makes sense that Vanitas took Sora’s form for the same reason. :c

It seems like 3D missed a whole bunch of chances. Now that I look back on it because we discussed it… why the heck did they put Vanitas in that earlier scene? It’s not like there were a LOT of scenes where there were chances for Ventus’s heart to reach out to the outside world. Aside from the scene with Vanitas, the only other time that happens is when Sora’s hallucinating in TWTNW and sees a vision of Riku and Kairi which changes into Terra and Aqua. :s You’d think they’d try to tie that together more or, at the very least, show Vanitas becoming part of the 13 Darknesses which would give him a reason for having shown up in the first place.

Also, I assumed he didn’t show up in the Destiny Islands knockoff in Sora’s heart because that seemed to be more of a sanctuary—Riku only got there after he’d defeated the Darkness that was threatening to engulf Sora. Since Vanitas is Darkness itself, it’s not a stretch to believe that he’d be blocked by the same magic Ven used to keep Sora safe. (Or by the armour. Whatever.) The only people Riku encountered after that point were good guys. I guess. This theory doesn’t really explain DiZ’s presence though. I don’t feel like anything explains that.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, it makes sense. DiZ is the only guy with actual data-planting knowledge/powers so he must have been involved in most of Re:Coded. Hahaha, weird sentences are a staple in series discussion of course. ;D I bet an average guy reading a Nomura interview from the more recent Ultimania would be befuddled himself. Back on track, I've watched Cyberman65's subbed playthrough and I remember DiZ did mention data stuff there I think. I can't really remember. But I'm really leaning towards Naminé secretly implanting the info on everyone because if I remember correctly, Data Naminé implied that it was Naminé who wanted them to know about the people who were hurting, and was also the one who included the message. I haven't played it for awhile so I might be making that up. Man, this makes me want to go over the plot again.

XD; That would be so much like him. Hahahaha.

I always kept thinking he was still actually Terra but more sinister and with his dark side activated, literally. But I know the canon depicts him as a different person. Still, I'm not liking how everyone has to be Xehanort. =\ It's like the perfect formula to make the villains even more shallow. Finding out Ansem, Seeker of Darkness from the first one was actually just a Heartless of Terranort who had not much past with him ('cept being part-Xehanort so technically his past is Master Xehanort's, but I think 3D depicts them separately), I did not like that. I liked battling him as Aqua in the original BBS ending though. It was really dramatic and made me want to punch Terra's face to return to normal.

And even though I always treated secret bosses as canon they never reflect in the story. Or maybe Sora's just really that forgetful. Hahaha.

Organization Norteen would be like the perfect pre-release fan name since BHK. XD;;
spoiler: Re:Coded, BBS, Days
Spoiler:
No, I think you’re right… Namine was the only one who wanted to make sure someone knew that TAV needed to be saved. I think. But DiZ was the one who came up with the technology to do it? Or… I dunno. I can’t actually think of the timeline for this. I think DiZ also mentions somewhere that the journal was one of his ways of making amends? So when did he decide he no longer wanted revenge on the Organization/Nobodies? It certainly wasn’t while Sora (and by extension, Jiminy) was asleep because he was still being a dick to Namine & Roxas at that point. o_O Did he let Namine put it in as a failsafe in case it turned out he was wrong about his treatment of Nobodies?

Ugh, as much as it pains me to say it, I think I need to replay Re:Coded. XD;

Well, the Xemnas secret fight in KH1:FM is entirely canon. I’m pretty sure Xemnas specifically mentions it in KH2—when he’s talking to Roxas on the beach in the Darkness (actually, this scene still makes no sense to me… why the heck were they there?), he says “I’ve been to see him. He looks a lot like you.” He was talking about Sora and testing him in Hollow Bastion. I think. o_O;

Quote:
Spoiler:
True. Since Xemnas was Terra's body and all. And I'll ignore how that may sound weird. Anyway, Xemnas's corruption actually supports my idea that Terranort was just Terra in his darkest, and called his past self using third person. But it's obviously not the case canon-wise. Anyway, your points are quite spot-on. Except I think he just feels Ven as a sort of unexplained feeling that draws him inside C.O. which he doesn't completely get. The fact that he's sending in Axel repeatedly would aim to relieve this otherwise bizarre drive of his. Oh, I don't actually remember Days referring to Xemnas as seeing Xion with Sora's face but I think it would make sense. And he's probably locked Terra's memories deep inside his heart or rid them completely, just his overall Terra-ness stands. Maybe? I don't know, if that makes any sense. As to where the memories could have drifted to, they're probably in the Lingering Sentiment or even in Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (ironically, calling him Xehanort would just be confusing, so I'll use his old moniker, haha).
Spoiler:
I didn’t remember it in Days either but one of Xemnas’s secret journal entries pretty much says it right out. “I see it as Sora most days, now.” Or something right along those lines. He specifically says Sora so no getting around that one. :s It baffles me because I still don’t get how Xigbar could see Ven (especially as Xion was getting close to completion and more people were seeing her as Sora) and Xemnas sees Sora when it’s obvious that Xemnas has more of a tie to Aqua and Ven than anyone else. @_@

I don’t think Lingering Sentiment has anything but… well… the lingering sentiment to get his revenge on MX. XD; He recognizes that Sora has a Keyblade and, from what I can tell, attacks him because he knows Sora isn’t Aqua or Ven or Riku and the only other person in existence who should have a Keyblade is MX. Oh Terra, even your armour’s logic is dumb.

Quote:
Spoiler:

I agree. Even I wouldn't have guessed it if I hadn't seen BBS's ending. Or maybe I would have because he acted just like Sora. But in the universe, they're pretty much not easy to associate if you're not that close to either or got to observe the similarities. After all, it would be hard to do that with a ten-year gap of vaguely remembering how Ven was.

Actually that presents an interesting point. Then again, Naminé wouldn't do that without being out of character, so never mind that point. Ven is forgettable for them despite the probably mutual D-Link and all. Which doesn't make sense.
Spoiler:
I think the fandom would have been able to piece it together eventually since there’s a lot of evidence from our point of view, but we’ve seen everything that happened with Roxas/Xion, everything that happened in BBS, and everything that’s happened with Sora. There’s a lot of evidence to draw on but no one in the series has seen everything that was available to us so it makes no sense to me that they’d know it.

Yeah, Namine wouldn’t mess up with something like that. But it’s seriously the only explanation I can come up with. XD;

Quote:
Spoiler:
That part of mission order being optional kind of ruins the canon-feel, although the world visiting from the past games has almost always allowed variation. And since the missions aren't that plot-changing themselves, there really isn't much difference. Besides if there was a problem with the short time span causing inconsistencies, they could just attach the intermediary, possibly important events to the ends of the missions (or better yet, inside them) themselves, or at least make the order more solid if it actually still messes things up. But I definitely agree that the lengthy, almost month-long skips should have perfectly depicted important events in-between. In addition, having other non-affiliated/personal missions would have been perfect to include good characterization, and development both to people and to the plot. All this while still keeping the mission format of the game itself in check. It's really an interesting concept that I didn't think about. But yeah the game definitely needed more throwbacks aside from Ven!Xion. I did hear Nomura wanted to see Days and its story in a proper platform if I'm remembering things right. So there is hope. ;D
I thought the mission order thing was okay. It made a fair bit of sense, anyway. I just didn’t like how there were so many blank days. I know there are one or two that don’t really have any action—they’re just cutscenes anyway—so would it have been that hard to add in additional story without having to do missions first? D:

I think I liked the format Days was in and I really think that, in order to put it on any other console (especially a non-handheld one) they’d have to entirely change the game mechanic or the game will just be horribly received. I guess I could see doing it as a port to 3DS when/if they do a 3DS:FM or if they did it as an addition to a console FM like COM was… but I can’t really think of where they’d do that. It’ll be way too late by the time KH3 comes out and there’s nothing that can come out in the interim. I mean, I’m still sort of expecting an HD compilation on PS3 kind of like Metal Gear Solid and God of War got, so maybe they could do a Re:358/2 Days game… but I feel like it wouldn’t really fit in there and it wouldn’t be needed as an addition because the games themselves in HD would be enough of a selling point. u_u
Quote:
Spoiler:

I think some of the secret reports/journal entries were pretty rushed. That is, they were done without checking if this character would not act that way in other games. So yeah, even though Marluxia's stupid line was basically made canon, it probably wasn't intended. Or maybe the guy who wrote the entries forgot that one scene (or even outright haven't played CoM, only knowing major plot points), and blamed Saix for Axel's actions instead (since that's what Zexion thinks according to his report) even though it was Marluxia who ordered him. In other words, I really don't think Marluxia is that much of an idiot. Plus I'd love to hear your theory.

It's actually a sound idea for her hood to not be a conventional hood. I'm leaning towards her hood being an illusion wherein if you try to touch it, your hands will slip through. But inside that hood, it's not easy to think that Sora's in it because it would be awkward for a body wearing feminine features, even donning heels, to have Sora's face. I'm voting for featureless doll or black-haired Kairi or even infinite hoods, just not cross-dressing Sora. XD;
Spoiler:
They’re usually pretty careful with the (Japanese, at least) journals (since the English ones got the translations of the original Apprentices’ anagrammed names wrong). I’d argue that all of them are pretty accurate, anyway. They include them as extra plot for a reason and I don’t think they’d overlook important ones. So I mean, I guess Marluxia’s one measly entry might’ve been skipped over when they were proofreading for plot but it doesn’t seem too likely. I’ll write out my theory anyway because if you ignore this one entry, it does seem valid. I think. (Part of the reason I want to share it is to see if I’m just thinking highly of him because I’m such a fangirl of him or if he legitimately could’ve had interesting motives, haha.) Next post I’ll try to get it written up. :D I’m mostly whining about Marluxia because he’s smart enough to realize that Axel got his orders from higher up (though he probably isn’t sure whether it was from Xemnas himself or Saix) but then… doesn’t seem to clue into the fact that Axel eliminated Vexen because Marluxia told him to? I mean, I get that he’d probably be surprised that Axel actually followed the order because it means Axel was told to get pretty far into Marluxia’s good books OR Axel had orders from someone else to kill Vexen but… is that really so unbelievable? Actually, now that I’ve written all this out, I’ve kind of convinced myself that Marluxia doesn’t care about what Axel did at all, he just wants to know where the “root out traitors” orders came from and why Axel’s following them so well. Hmm. That works just fine with my theory, I think. *u*

I’ve apparently been talking about Xion a lot since I’ve put a lot of thought into her appearance lately. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that she was built as a Sora clone so in her default state, she mostly looks like him—although with maybe a lighter build because she hasn’t built up any of the muscle that he has since at the beginning she’s pretty much a test tube baby rather than a seasoned fighter! As people don’t realize what she is supposed to be, the hood keeps her looking non-descript and myserious, so it’s left on. As more of Sora’s memories are poured into her, to people who have a connection to Sora, she starts to take on the appearance of Sora’s memories. A lot of Sora’s fondest memories are of Kairi and it might make sense for Xion to “absorb” those memories first since those are the ones that Namine was tampering with while Sora climbed Castle Oblivion. As the first to be thrown away, they’d be the first that Xion picks up. So Roxas, as Sora’s Nobody, would see Xion mostly as Kairi. Axel… doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Really, he should see Xion as Sora but I don’t think anyone saw her as anything at this point so I guess we could still follow the idea that anyone who gets to know her would just see the main reflection (Kairi) at this point. We know Axel sees her as a Kairi look-alike because in one of his journal entries, he specifically mentions that he can’t decide if she’s supposed to look like Kairi or Namine. Later, as Xion absorbs more of Sora’s memories, I think that’s when other people who have a connection to Sora (or Ven) start seeing her as something else. As Xion absorbs a lot of Sora’s memories, she starts getting confused herself and I think Riku even sees her as Sora sometimes. It’s confirmed that Xemnas sees her as Sora and even Roxas sees her as Sora in the final cutscene with her. The only anomaly that messes this up is Xigbar. I can’t think of a reason why he’d actually see her as Ven. If he knew she was a Sora clone (and he does find this out fairly quickly even though it was supposedly kept from him), he should have seen Sora. Why would he see Ven? Unless it’s a subconscious thing and he’d be more likely to see the person he had meaningful interactions with in the past but then… it doesn’t explain at all why Xemnas sees Sora and not Xion. I’ll go back and re-read the journals. Maybe Xemnas only mentions seeing Sora when Xion’s pretty close to completion? I know he specifically says that only sometimes he sees her as Sora. Maybe he just neglected to say that the other times, when she isn’t Sora, she’s Ven. :P Also, Saix only ever sees her as a nondescript puppet which is kind of interesting because I thiiink he knew she was a copy of Sora as well?

Another thing this doesn’t explain is why the clothing itself changes. XD She definitely has female boots when she’s Kairi!Xion but her shoes change to Roxas!boots when she’s Sora!Xion. (As I mentioned in a recent VM to Sakura… I’ve spent a lot of time looking at KH characters’ footwear. Did you guys know that Zexion used to have hilariously big shoes like Roxas and Sora until KH2:FM when he got normal Organization boots? :D)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well at first the reasons I convinced myself to believe were that anyone who gets connected with Sora (to an extent, Roxas) like Xion and Axel get to experience real emotion even without hearts (even believing that maybe that's the magic Sora did to Ven at the start of BBS, but yeah apparently 3D says it's not connected to Sora or his alleged magic). Or at least Axel and Xion secretly hid theirs, because Roxas has no problem since it's very likely that Ven's heart got itself inside him to help him feel like you said. And I also have to add that anger as an emotion definitely proved they had hearts, with Xion's first encounter with Riku, Axel's separate confrontations with Roxas and with Xion, etc. That adding up to sadness and fear which you gave good examples to. :D

But I honestly like 3D's explanation now. It's just sad that they were made to believe following the Organization would be the only way to get them back. But yeah memories do have important connections with one's hearts, I mean, the whole Organization XIII acted their fake emotions even without hearts by their past selves' memories. So it's much bigger of a link than anyone would guess. Even from there, you'd think they'd already have a blueprint of a heart because where would these memories have been located? CoM indicates that the links of memories settle deep inside the heart so that implies that normal memory chains are located in it. And I guess it's just a growing experience: new memories made as a Nobody would have to rebuild this blueprint into an actual shell to place the memories in.

Your concept of heart being just shared memories is actually convincing, and I remember Sora's heart fragments showing memories (mostly of him and Riku which I found really awkward) when Riku was diving into Sora's Dive to the Heart (haha) before 3D's final boss. But even without 3D, Ven's Dive to the Heart certainly explains a lot. His station was basically blank even with Sora's help because his memories were damaged and possibly rested deep inside it. And when he was allowed to stay at The Land of Departure, got to meet Aqua and Terra, and experienced memories once more, his Dive to the Heart shifted to depict the color-coded Wayfinders representing the trio's connections. One more proof would be Kid!Sora's which comparably had less faces from his current one and instead, simply depicted activities during childhood (I vaguely remember a Paopu Fruit and the infamous raft there, for example), basically just Destiny Islands. That and his friendship with Riku interested him then so that composed his memories (reflecting in the station itself). So yeah.

When I watched that scene again with subs, it was actually Xemnas who continued with the talk and did most of explaining the growing hearts, even talking about him lying towards the Organization XIII that they didn't have hearts. Gah, Xemnas is evil. And of course, this triggered Sora's speech (And the best part of it would be "Tsunagaru kokoro ga ore no chikara da!" which was just filled with Sora's emotion. Interesting that from the first KH until BBS was always translated as "My friends are my power!" instead of the literal translation, i.e. "Connected hearts are my power!" ...then again, the usual translation sounds less silly.).
Spoiler:
Yeah, the Dive to Heart sequences are another really good example of hearts=memories. (Little!Sora’s are adorable. One of the highlighted things is a mushroom. It’s just so hilarious. XD) I’d forgotten about Ven’s being pretty blank at the beginning so I think we’re exactly right with this. By the end of BBS, though, it gains more substance with references to his friendship with Aqua and Terra. Amnesia must also be a symptom of not having a heart… although that makes Roxas a bit of an interesting case because he has no memories but he has a heart? I guess that’s where Ven’s already existing heart would come into play. Might also explain a lot of Terranort’s actions in Radiant Garden… if he actually was amnestic. (Kingdom Hearts: the only reason I know the adjectival version of ‘amnesia’.) He always seemed really aloof and detached in his few cutscenes. Maybe it’s because his heart was out of reach because both Terra and MX were guarding theirs so closely from each other? Of course, this doesn’t match up at all if Terranort turns out to not have had amnesia but jury’s still kind of up on that one.

This might also explain some of Namine’s actions, too. We don’t see her at all until she’s already taken apart some of Sora’s heart. She says in the game that she was lonely and that’s why she lured Sora to C.O. and inserted herself in his memories and on the surface that makes sense—especially when you remember that Marluxia was pretty much the one making her do it and that would be pretty threatening. But if you assume that she was a Nobody with no memories from the start, like Roxas, that’s an even better explanation. She may have vaguely known that it was wrong to do that but look at Roxas’s moral compass. It sucks because he has no life experience. So it’s possible that Namine went along with the Sora plot with no resistance at first because she was told to and had no reason not to. But once she actually got to play with real memories and make her own with them, she probably gained a heart pretty quickly and that’s why she looks so calm and collected at the beginning of the game when we see her—she’s even smiling at some point while she’s drawing Sora—and then later in the game she looks absolutely miserable as she unlinks more of his memories. (Did this paragraph make sense? I know exactly what I was trying to say but I don’t know if I got it across. Whoo, high on painkillers and I have no judgment. XD)

And I thought it was Xemnas who gave the “lol they had hearts after all” speech. :x I think it had a lot more power coming from him since he was the mastermind behind all of it in the first place. And aww, Sora. With this memories stuff, the “connected hearts” version makes a lot more sense… but it also doesn’t flow well at ALL in English. :P

Quote:
Spoiler:
I would love for Kairi to be a Light but it would be somewhat problematic for her because she's also supposed to protect herself, being one of the Princesses of Heart. It would be awesome if she were destined to be one of the Lights nevertheless. As for Roxas, I think he popped out in the 3D opening just to provide closure for each of the three spinoffs (Roxas for Days, TAV for BBS, Mickey and maybe even Sora and Riku for Coded) and after thinking about it, I'm convinced that he's not going to be a Light. But you're right about Lea, except I think we'll still have him filling one of the spots at least before the actual seven are gathered and revealed. After all, they were talking about currently missing two spots (hopefully Kairi fills the other and turns out to be a predestined Light) because, Terra was still apparently one of the Darknesses according to MX's 3D speech. But then if Terra's a predestined Light himself, who would take his place as the predestined Darkness? Along with Sora's empty spot as the 13th Darkness? =\

That reminds me, I wonder how NA will translate the Seven Lights and the Thirteen Darknesses? Haha, Organization Norteen? They're bound to be the central terms for the heroes and villains in KHIII so they might think of a catchier name similar to Organization XIII. Although Juusan Kikan does translate to a worded Organization Thirteen so they probably won't change a thing. I still think the word Darknesses is a mouthful, and not having as much of a ring to it as Org. XIII.

Nah I still think Ven's no longer mortally connected to Vanitas and vice versa. But still, they wouldn't do that to Ven, or else Kingdom Hearts can't be achieved by MX (given the obvious assumption that Ven is a Light). But yeah Vanitas is certainly a Darkness if he's coming back. It would be awesome if he and Sora met. 8D Miyu Irino and Haley Joel Osment will be talking to themselves, haha.

Yeah it would creep Larxene out and drive her crazy, hahaha. If she or her complete self reappears I'll be so happy. :D
spoiler: 3D, BBS
Spoiler:
Well, we don’t necessarily know for sure that being a Princess of Heart necessarily excludes you from being one of the Lights. If anything, you’d think it would help your case. But I guess it's kind of overkill for her to be both. I think it’d be more fun if she was a Light but I’m not sure if it makes enough sense. If we take her out though, and if we don’t include Nobodies who were ~never meant to exist~ and thus wouldn’t be included in a prophecy/destined thing (and probably wouldn’t be part of the games if they hadn’t come into the plot as Nobodies)… then it means we’re getting some new characters which just seems unnecessary at this point. :s Haha maybe Donald and Goofy should be lights. ;P

I don’t think Sora was supposed to be a Darkness. I just can’t see it being fated for him. So maybe the Lights and Darknesses aren’t as predestined as people think right now? Then again, it’s not like Xehanort has ever really followed the “rules” for his inane schemes to take over the world obtain Kingdom Hearts. He always seems to take the lazy way out and it never works out. Even here, when he’s supposed to be gathering predestined Darks, he’s trying to use Sora?? There’s no way Sora was predestined for that. No way. Only way it makes sense is if he only took Sora in order to prevent the Lights from getting all of theirs. Which is fine but… wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to just cause a bit of trouble here and there for Riku and Sora while keeping Organization Norteen under wraps and, in a more serious sense, trying to find the other Lights and eliminating them before Sora/Riku even know that’s what they’re supposed to do??? Why is Xehanort so bad at this. If I were him, I’d have gotten KH long ago. >:O

I want Vanitas to come back just to hear Sora talking to himself. omg. I actually have an MP3 of Miyu Irino singing the opening songs of a bunch of the franchises he does work for. It’s hilarious to sit there and imagine it’s Sora or Vanitas singing. Especially at one point where I think Miyu does his own harmonies for one song or does part of it rapping and part of it singing? It’s been a while but it’s hilarious and I imagine they’re singing together. I should find it and upload it somewhere. XD

Also, I think it’s probably guaranteed that the Organization will all be reappearing before the end of the series (or before the end of this arc, even). There’s a page for them in the 3D Ultimania with a table that lists them in order, shows their picture, and then shows their real names or “unknown” if they haven’t appeared as Somebodies in the series. I feel like if they didn’t want to keep reminding us that the others were part of the games, they’d just list the important ones. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I really think the others will come back in some capacity. Even if it’s just for a short cameo like Lea and Isa had in BBS, it’ll be something. :D

Quote:
Spoiler:
Your point makes so much sense that it's annoying how they show it as a huge problem for Sora. I mean, everyone got a Keyblade, even Kairi who accidentally had hers so couldn't have Sora accidentally inherited the Lingering Sentiment's for example? The moment Sakura mentioned would have been a good time, too! But yeah if he hasn't had a ceremony, it would be so simple to give him one on the spot. Gah, and Sora almost fell into the darkness for this stupidity.

If they say Sora was predestined to be one of the Thirteen Darknesses and can only inherit it from a fellow Darkness as a reason, I would flip out.

For some reason this reminds me of a little theory of mine, you guys know that Ven can have a hacked in Light Seeker in BBS, right? That is exclusively in the Japanese release, I think. Maybe this is a hint that Ven's Keyblade's true form was the Light Seeker/Kingdom Key D and it somehow stayed into the Realm of Darkness. You know, because it tried to help Aqua from the Darksides along with Terra's Keyblade (in the original BBS's final ending). So maybe that's how Mickey got a hold of the Kingdom Key D when he ventured the Realm (see original KH). Yeah, it probably isn't the case, not by a long shot. Still an interesting idea, in my opinion. I just want BBSv2 with Mickey's backstory.
spoiler: 3D, BBS
Spoiler:
There has to be a reason for the big deal. I reaaaally hope it’s not the Darkness thing since I went on about how it couldn’t be possible just above but… this is the only theory I’ve seen that makes any sense on both fronts. D: I mean, I guess it would actually be pretty interesting and if there’s anyone in the series who seems to be all about shattering destiny and running off to do his own thing, it’s Sora. Maybe that’s the direction they’ll take, with him switching from his destined path as a Darkness and switching to Light? XD; I could live with that.

That’s the Keyblade that showed up in the end of BBS? I have to admit, I’ve never paid much attention to that part because it’s just so cheesy. But that is interesting. Aqua’s final Keyblade is arguable since she not only gets the upgraded version of her initial Keyblade like the others got but she also gets Brightcrest. So it wouldn’t be a stretch to believe that Ven’s final Keyblade is a different one too. Though how it would get into the Realm of Darkness is a little confusing. Terra’s could be there from when he and Aqua fell into it. Maybe Ven originally used that Keyblade but lost it once he lost his memories? I dunno. I don’t really remember paying much attention to any of their individual Keyblades much. I never really thought it would be important. xD;

Quote:
Spoiler:

I did notice it from the playthroughs but I guess Traverse Town was sort of a tutorial. And yeah, I agree with all that you said. I just want some Kairi inner monologue or something so she gets more of her character into the table. I know I liked Aqua so much more because of what she thought about things and how she reacted, ignoring the fact that she could have used a better VA. But I think I can trust Hayden Panettiere to give her good lines, I really hope they don't get rid of her.

XD

Yeah, until they started growing their own. That's when the coats get their use. It's possible that because Xemnas knew the heart-growing from the start, so he immediately proposed the coat idea (even though the others really wouldn't get it because as you said they don't have hearts that would get corrupted anyway). I guess everyone thought it looked cool anyway (I myself am getting sick of the repeated use of this coat) so they obeyed Xemnas's fashion code.

I want Lea to have new clothes but still use both the chakrams and his new Keyblade. And it would make sense for him to hide the Keyblade use. Maybe he would suddenly be forced to switch places with Terra in a plot twist from Light to Darkness when the bad guys find out he can use the Keyblade while still being more or less linked to Darkness, maybe even using Lea being corrupted by continuous use of the Corridors as a reason for his forced switch of sides, who knows?

Frolic Flame. ;D Rascal Flame was its Japanese name. But yes his new fire-themed Keyblade looks way better (although it does remind me of chicken feathers).

I guess that's why you felt it was rushed. At least Nomura was honest about it.
spoiler: everything but coded
Spoiler:
They ditched Hayden way back with Days for… Alyson Stone or something? I dunno. Xion was supposed to have the same VA and she didn’t, though I don’t think Kairi’s had any lines since then. (Her child VA was different in both Japanese and English so that doesn’t count.) But Hayden was also highly in demand and probably pricy because of her work in Heroes. Maybe now that it’s been cancelled and she isn’t up to much, they can get her back? I hope so, since I thought Xion’s voice wasn’t very good in comparison. :(

I don’t think Xemnas would be worried about hearts potentially getting corrupted. I think he didn’t realize that hearts could be “grown” which is maybe why he sent members over to C.O. to (on paper, anyway) research the heart. Maybe he saw that some of them were getting more emotional than need be and recognized that something was up with their hearts or lack thereof? In 3D he definitely says that Organization XIII failed to become proper shells for Xehanort because they died too early on but I’m pretty sure he also implied that they weren’t suitable because some of them had hearts, too. So if anything, he’d probably want them to not wear the jackets if there was a chance they’d get hearts because it would sort of help trim down the ones who did grow hearts by either killing them off so he’d know to replace them or else it would destroy their hearts or something? I don’t know. Now that hearts seem to be based more on memories, I’m not sure how the Darkness could eat away at them. (Unless too much exposure to it affects memories? Don't want to think about that, though, because Aqua. [Although she seems perfectly fine and coherent at the end of KH2 which is the only time DiZ would be there.])

I’d love Lea to end up on the side of Darkness as a spy or something. That would be awesome, though I think at this point Xehanort would know to kill him instead of invite him to the inner circle. (Than again, this is the man who decided Sora would make a good Darkness. I don’t want to see Lea legitimately corrupted though. :’(

(I am also not surprised at all that I only knew the Japanese name. XD I’m surprised I knew even that because I’m usually so bad at remembering the names of Keyblades. Also, I was drawing Lea’s Keyblade the other day and it’s actually pretty cool looking! It’s more angular than his chakrams despite having the same design and the fiery blade of it is actually transparent which is a neat effect. I hope we get to see a better image of it soon because all I had as a reference was the one cutscene it’s in and we never actually see a full image of it—for example, I have no idea what the keychain of it is so I’ve had to improvise my own design. :x)

Quote:
Spoiler:
If they do release a 3D FM I think they will add at least a secret boss or two along with maybe another scenario like BBS aside from additional cutscenes. But it would only be minimal and just wouldn't be that important.

It's true that 3D outweighs the other spinoffs in importance. I'm thinking they'll just transfer the Mementos feature with KH3D added for KHIII. Or at least use the KHIII opening as a stylistic recap.
Spoiler:
I wouldn’t mind a secret boss in 3D that’s actually comparable to the other secret bosses. I like the plot-based ones a lot more. Or at least, the ones that link to something else in the series. The only real secret boss in 3D is J…Julius? I’ve forgotten. The Pete-looking thing in Traverse Town if you go back in the endgame. It’s a tough enough fight, I guess… I mean, I haven’t beaten it with either character yet… but it’s a really boring fight. All he does are strong physical attacks and it’s not an exhilarating fight or anything like pretty much all the other secret bosses. D: So it doesn’t feel like one. I don’t think I’ll feel any real level of accomplishment when I beat it. So I’d be okay with an FM for 3D if only for added bosses. That’s what ended up selling me on BBS:FM. (I was adamant about not getting that but it was eventually the added fights in Mirage Arena that made me buy it. XD)

They always sort of do recap openings now, or at least they did for 3D. So those will always be a thing with the main games, I think. Mementos will definitely return, though. I hope they just have them in the menu from the start, though. It was nice how they had them pop up only once the games became relevant in 3D—but by the time Re:Coded was up for its cameo, it felt sooo forced. Seriously, that’s the only reason I could really think of for needing to put Pete and Maleficent in 3D like they did… so that they could drop them in the same room they invaded in Re:Coded and had some excuse to show the Re:Coded summary. D:

Quote:
no spoilers.
Spoiler:
I love that comic! Roxas looks so adorable getting it wrong like that. :3 I really wish they kept that in the English version and maybe changed the cutscene a little to immediately show Axel smirk from the failed imitation. But I guess not.

YMX did sound bad. But I don't really mind. I always think that for the English cutscenes, the background music takes care of the mood to make it less awful, in case the VA falls flat once in a while. Trailers get rid of that, so what you get is badly edited cutscenes that show the negative parts of the voice acting. Although I do miss emotional Sora and co. who always got their lines spot-on (really evident in the first one). Are they getting payed less since it's not on a console? ;O;

I don't think they just dubbed over the original Japanese one. The lip flap is noticeably different, what they didn't replace was the gameplay portions, they just muted the in-game sounds to not be that noticeable. I'm blaming bad video editing for the awfully matched mouth movement. But yeah I'm hopeful for the actual game to not be this subpar. Also I have to add that Days and Coded also didn't have matched lip flap for obvious reasons.
Spoiler:
Glad you like it. XD; It’s probably one of the wittier drawings I’ve done, haha. EXCEPT NOW IT’S NOT WITTY BECAUSE THAT TRANSLATION WILL BE LOST FOREVER. /baw

They might be getting paid less but… I dunno. I imagine they’d probably negotiate a deal that worked for them because Disney/S-E is obviously going to want to keep the main voice actors for their series. It’s one thing to replace lesser characters but replacing Sora? Osment could probably ask for nearly any price even for a handheld and get away with it. :x

I always thought the only game that didn’t have matched lip flap was Chain. :s But I guess I also don’t play the English versions of games much anymore so maybe I’m just not used to it. But I definitely don’t remember seeing as many complaints about all the other games compared to Chain so maybe they only edited lip flap for more close-up scenes, maybe? If I cared enough, I’d go compare the JP with the EN trailers really closely since I don’t think they did change lip flap but… yeah, don’t care enough. I won’t even be playing the English version, I don’t think, so I’ll live without knowing. XD

Quote:
spoiler: Crisis Core
Spoiler:
You reminded me of how awful that scene was. Now I just watched it on YouTube and man. The modulating phase scenes! The way everyone fades into a white silhouette. Only Aerith lasts and then...everything glitches and fails, Zack screams of pain, and Aerith doesn't make it, fades into white too then...it all ends. The feeling of helplessness was just downright depressing. D': And it's even more sad because I knew he was gonna die but I really didn't want him to! And now...I'm reminded of the tears I shed for that game. ;O;

But that appointment, really funny how you described it. XD;
Okay I'm good now. :3

Best FF protagonist indeed. He was awesome in Complete.

spoiler: why was this in a spoiler again? XD;;
Spoiler:
It was, absolutely. And the fact that the voice actress didn't know the character at all just makes it worse.

I can't get over how they're actually married!
spoiler: Crisis Core: FFVII
Spoiler:
I’m sorry! But in my defence, I didn’t say anything about going to watch the ending itself so you brought that depression upon yourself! XD (Although if I wasn’t so dead tired now [how is it almost 3:30am omgggg] I’d probably go watch it lol. /masochist)

I didn’t believe they were married either and had to look it up on another site when I read it. It’s so perfect. XD;

omg my posts are getting less and less coherent compared to the quotes. Go to bed, me!

Quote:
spoiler: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Spoiler:

I know I've already made my points to this posts ago but I'd like to know if you've already seen the ending yourself. And also your opinion on it.
I'm okay with spoilers but oddly enough I don't plan to actually watch the video on YouTube yet. Not until I at least try out FFXIII-2 (and trust you on guiding me for when I would stop, at the right moment, with no loose ends and just a fulfilling ending, although I'll probably have to see the end of it anyway).
spoiler: FFXIII-2
Spoiler:
I actually still haven’t seen any of the DLC cutscenes for FFXIII-2, even the older DLC that’s been out for a while. I’m still just gonna Youtube it but my desire to do even that kind of died out when I heard that even those don’t finish the game properly. I sort of feel like… what’s the point of them, even, if they weren’t going to finish the game? They don’t seem important anymore so I may not bother with them at all. >_>

Quote:
Aye, I actually never finished any Dragon Quest games, haha. Don't see people discussing them at all (quality of DQ is unrelated because the series is good, just not much KH/FF fans are drawn in). And yeah the conflicting topics sometimes overshadow each other so that's a problem (it's really hard to pick out the posts you want to reply to because it's like finding an FF or TWEWY post in a sea of KH ones and sometimes vice-versa).

I'm okay with splitting but it would be hard to get activity churning for each thread judging history. =\
You can expect me to post in both though! ;D
But I'm also alright with keeping the SE fan club as it is if the majority thinks it's best this way.
I feel like maybe I should ask this again but not in a huge post again. XD I think I’d prefer a split club too since I feel kind of annoying having these massive KH posts every so often and most of the in-betweens aren’t really too related to the KH discussions so it’s actually pretty hard to find all the KH posts when I’m writing these and want to refer to earlier discussions. D:

We seem to be doing okay activity-wise on both the KH and FF ends of this thread… if that interest continues, I think both threads would do just fine but… if this burst of activity in the last month is just temporary, one or both might die if we split. ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
uh... Wall of text makes my eyes bleed.

I just found out SE published Full Metal Alchemist! Are we allowed to talk about stuff they do outside of gaming or just gaming related stuff??
(Fullmetal alch was incredible (especially brotherhood))
Well, Square-Enix as a publisher does a lot of things but I’d say this club is more about what they develop rather than publish. They also publish the Batman games along with the Modern Warfare/Call of Duty series in Japan but we don’t talk about those. :P FMA’ll have to go in its own thread.
Quote:
While Youtube surfing today, I came across this little gem. Figured you guys might enjoy it and wanna try it yourself sometime too.

I’d love to try sea salt ice cream. Definitely faving that video to watch again so I can try making it with friends one day. :D

I also saw someone made the thunder ice cream from BBS on Tumblr. I think there was a recipe included. I liked the post but hopefully it hasn’t been buried by my other likes yet… *goes to search*

…found it!

Man, I wish I actually liked ice cream more than I do. XD;

omg quarter to four by the time i finished this. /BED

tumblrtwitter

Old May 26th, 2012, 03:50 AM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
I had this odd dream about a Square Enix Pokemon game for Wii U. Not sure why but I did. It was pretty interesting though. Sadly with them not being with Nintendo these days I doubt it would happen. I'm curiosu to see what they show at E3. *Cough*Versus Release Date*Cough*
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that XIII Versus will not have any sort of appearance at E3 which I assume means no release date too. :P

tumblrtwitter

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
Hate Fail Fantasy, hate KH (except Vexy), but love Star Ocean (published) and Dewprism (developed). Sign me up.
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that XIII Versus will not have any sort of appearance at E3 which I assume means no release date too. :P
http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

Nomura said he'd like to release some Versus related information this year, and he also said the next time it'd be shown would be on actual hardware. If it's gonna be shown then it'll probably be at TGS. I wouldn't be surprised if Versus XIII wasn't announced at E3(because they have a pretty full lineup already), but they could pull some sort of surprise announcement.

...Naaaaah. That's under the assumption that Square Enix knows what their fans want.
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurui View Post
Hate Fail Fantasy, hate KH (except Vexy), but love Star Ocean (published) and Dewprism (developed). Sign me up.
Well, I'm not totally sure where this club stands on franchises that S-E only publishes (since, as I pointed out to someone else, they also technically publish the Batman games and the Call of Duty franchise in Japan XD) but the last one is quite valid. :P I would ask that you keep your hate of any of their franchises to a minimum, though, since this is a fanclub, haha. (And sorry in advance if we bore you but we talk about both FF and KH a lot. XD) Welcome!

Well, regardless of whether it's allowed or not... I actually just started Star Ocean 3 for the first time yesterday. I've never played an SO game before (although I have the first one on PSP somwhere) and aside from the fact that I don't understand the battle system at all yet, I'm enjoying it~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck View Post

http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

Nomura said he'd like to release some Versus related information this year, and he also said the next time it'd be shown would be on actual hardware. If it's gonna be shown then it'll probably be at TGS. I wouldn't be surprised if Versus XIII wasn't announced at E3(because they have a pretty full lineup already), but they could pull some sort of surprise announcement.

...Naaaaah. That's under the assumption that Square Enix knows what their fans want.
I think if Versus is going to show up at E3, it will only be because they have a big announcement about it for the Sony conference. They only announce "new" things at E3 if they're making fabulous announcements for either Sony or Microsoft but even then they aren't usually all that impressive. For example, S-E was a main part of the Microsoft conference that one year when they surprised everyone by saying XIII would be out on the 360. Then either the next day or the next year (it all blurs together XD) they were on Sony's stage announcing XIV for PC and PS3. The former was just announcing a port (and lack of console exclusivity for the series) and the latter wasn't very impressive since XIV still hasn't come out on consoles here, iirc. :P

So there's a chance that Versus could be tucked away so they can whip it out during one of the big conferences but even if that happens, I don't think it's any guarantee we'll be seeing it soon, haha.

tumblrtwitter

Old May 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
CarefulWetPaint

I am excited to see what they have installed for us at E3! It should be great. Do you think they'll have anymore on KH3D at E3?

Also I must say I love the music they have in KH especially the opening song in KH1 that song is fantastic. Who else loves the music square puts into their games? I think it really really fits the game and adds so much emotion to the game. <3

Oh and I'll leave this here for you all:

Oh and Kurui you should definitely not publicly say you hate the main discussion points of a fan club when joining a fanclub..

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; May 29th, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
I wished Enix would have stayed away from Squaresoft, but oh well XD SO3 is alright, the previous 3 installments were the golden ones: Star Ocean and Star Ocean: The Second Story, as well as TSS spinoff game, Blue Sphere, were the real gems. It started falling apart after that. The last installment is pretty unbearable to play in comparison to the first few. But better than a lot of other games, and would seem nice to anyone who hasn't played any of the previous games.

SO:TSS was my first SO game and is still to date my current favourite game ever. No other game goes quite so in depth with story and gameplay mechanics in an RPG. They did not keep to a lot of the trends when moving to SO: TTEOT. I don't know why that is. :s
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old May 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Star Ocean 2 was the only Star Ocean I bothered to finish, but it was amazing. I loved it so much that I even got to the bottom of the Cave of Trials and maxed out of all possible skills. I got absolutely annihilated against the Iseria Queen, but I only liked the game more because it still bothered to have hard bosses even after getting the Infinity Sword +1.

Also, Blue Sphere just got its main script translated according to Aeon Genesis. It still has a long way to go, but at least some progress is being made on it.
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Riku
Community Supporter

I've never played Star Ocean. Been told by maaaaany people I should, but I've just... not done it. Are they really that great? I'm judging by Luck's response about SO2 that that's a yes, but... >.>

In KH news to boost the spirits around here (and because I love talking about it), there's been a rumor leaked from a fairly credible source who supposedly leaked the two Castlevania games ahead of time saying there's to be an HD Collection of KH, KH2, CoM, Days, and BBS released for the Wii U, PS3, and PS Vita. The rumor can be found here. It IS just a rumor, but me likey the idea of having all of them on a single console. With full HD crispness. Especially if it's going to be Final Mix versions of the games :x

Also, there's been official confirmation of returning voice actors for KH3D thanks to SE Europe, including one that many people had been led to believe would not be returning: Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. Here is the link for that confirmation too :3 I for one am extremely happy Nimoy is actually back for MX. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Old May 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
CarefulWetPaint

Quote:
I've never played Star Ocean. Been told by maaaaany people I should, but I've just... not done it. Are they really that great? I'm judging by Luck's response about SO2 that that's a yes, but... >.>

In KH news to boost the spirits around here (and because I love talking about it), there's been a rumor leaked from a fairly credible source who supposedly leaked the two Castlevania games ahead of time saying there's to be an HD Collection of KH, KH2, CoM, Days, and BBS released for the Wii U, PS3, and PS Vita. The rumor can be found here. It IS just a rumor, but me likey the idea of having all of them on a single console. With full HD crispness. Especially if it's going to be Final Mix versions of the games :x

Also, there's been official confirmation of returning voice actors for KH3D thanks to SE Europe, including one that many people had been led to believe would not be returning: Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. Here is the link for that confirmation too :3 I for one am extremely happy Nimoy is actually back for MX. Anyone else have any thoughts?

UGH WHY NO XBOX!
Why do they leave me out That's so unfair but that sounds so so so AWESOME for everyone else, I'd love to be able to play themm.

Thats really cool that theirs returning voice actors. Maybe they'll reveal the HD Collection at E3 or something like that?

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:31 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Okay screw it. I've pretty much seen an emptied reply to thread page three times now! (all those phrases I had to type again and again, all that work gone!) One from getting the plug and the battery unwittingly cut by my brother, the other from having to hurriedly move to another laptop, and now from an accidental F5 press? D: Why is this happening to me!?

Back on topic. I wanted to apologize to Erica because I still have not finished that long reply. I've read the whole post though, just don't have my thoughts of it gathered up since I'm fairly bad at this. Maybe if I get a whole day free from any binding responsibilities and requirements.

Stand Alone posted that KH HD compilation rumor. I'm pretty shaky with how legitimate it is given that Vita's listed as one of the titles, but hey if this is real I'll buy a PS3 or a Wii U just so I could play. I want this game!

I've seen that news from SE Europe! I'm happy Hayden Panettiere will be voicing Xion, here's hoping she'll be back to voice her and Kairi every time from now on! Like what Erica said, I don't like it when they get replacement VA's for her. :[

spoiler: KH3D
Spoiler:
Granted she'll only be speaking as Xion for that last Destiny Islands cutscene with Roxas, Ventus and her interrogating Riku with one-liners. I'm still happy she's back, nevertheless.

And I really didn't like Leonard Nimoy as MX to be quite honest.
I can't say I'm happy with him back.

Also I haven't played Star Ocean yet. I don't know if it suits me and I never really had the chance to try playing it. But I'm willing to change that. :)
Old June 1st, 2012, 03:12 AM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
I want to join!

What is your favourite series made by Square-Enix?
kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XD

Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?
Ventus!

What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
PSP!!!! PS2, PS3

Ok, here is a good side topic I thought of:
What two keyblades would you dual wield?
Oathkeeper and Oblivion!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Dr.Kotov
& the symptoms.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dr.Kotov
Duhuhuhuhuude. Enlist.
Entrancing story lines is what I know Square Enix for, Deus Ex (Human Revolution), Hitman Absolution, The World Ends With You, & Tomb Raider, definitely are, and eventually will be my favourites. Not to mention Sleeping Dogs. Their game design and signature aesthetics for each game are just... phenomenal to me. Deus Ex: HR is one of my recent favourites and easily one of my most enjoyed games.

Sponsored Links