The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
Airdate: June 14th, 2012

Info:
- Ash battles Homika in a gym battle.

More info as it comes.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Last edited by Kenshin5; May 19th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Homika will be a gym leader in Best Wishes?
I guess we don't see Satoshi vs Iris Gym Battle...
And if not Iris, who could be the one that will be left not battled...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Yes it was confirmed about a month or so ago that see would be in a Best Wishes June episode along with her Koffing.

Whose to say we would have a Iris vs. Ash gym match in the first place? Drayden was still and still is an option.

And nothing in the info says Ash will win or receive a badge. Not to mention Gary had 10 before he went to the Kanto League.

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
I've expected this, Homika appearing on the show. But I've also seen a photo about a month ago that I saved.
Spoiler:

Old May 11th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
This is getting interesting....
Does this means this is the final and 8th gym badge? It would seem quite unfair to leave Drayden and the other water-type idk who Gym Leader. What I am afraid of is...some sort of spin off season just like the Whirpool Island in Johto. Something that serves as an extension, after all, Unova's season tends to be quite shorter than all the other series. Is it a possibility? =\
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Tbh I'm expecting him to lose to Homika. Or some kind of situation will arise which means he doesn't get more than 8 badges. Or it's even possible that he won't actually fight Drayden and Iris will instead? And maybe Cilan or someone will fight Shuzui? But yeah I'm very much looking forward to this episode - I just hope that her Koffing will be a formidable opponent since Ash should have a super strong team by this stage.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:17 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I already don't like Homika. She looks annoying! But I'm sure the battle could prove to be interesting.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I like her persona and the fact that she's a poison type leader, they don't come along often and her design is cute.

Old May 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
I think he will get his final badge from her. Drayden may not even be a gym leader anymore in BW 2 which it seems there jumping into now. So my guess is Ash beats her and trains in East Unova. also Drayden was never said to live in Opcluied City. He is said to come from The Village of Dragons in the anime. So my guess is they knew something from Masuda from Day 1.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I like her persona and the fact that she's a poison type leader, they don't come along often and her design is cute.
I agree with that
She does look cute :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
I think he will get his final badge from her. Drayden may not even be a gym leader anymore in BW 2 which it seems there jumping into now. So my guess is Ash beats her and trains in East Unova. also Drayden was never said to live in Opcluied City. He is said to come from The Village of Dragons in the anime. So my guess is they knew something from Masuda from Day 1.
Well... we still haven't seen Brycen as Gym Leader...
I guess Homi-chan will replace Brycen as Gym Leader and Brycen will play the same role of supporting character as in BW2.

Old May 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Idk if anyone's seen this but serebii just announced two new episode titles.

Episode 744: Fierce Fighting at the Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1
Episode 745: Fierce Fighting at the Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 2

They will both air on June 14th.

Ash decides to go to a nearby gym rather than the Opelucid City gym. I wonder if this means that he won't battle Drayden/Iris? Since if he gets his eighth badge from Homika, he'll just stop over in Opelucid?

Last edited by Perrie ✿; May 19th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mighty Earth Sage
Beginning Trainer

I'm kinda disappointed that we won't get to see Ash vs. Drayden because it would've been that much more intense since Ash doesn't have any ice-types OR Pokemon that know ice-type moves (unless he were to get Glalie from Professor Oak).

But I look forward to seeing Ash vs. Homika because I look forward to seeing where the series goes after it. Will they make Homika the 8th and final gym leader and Ash goes to the Unova League after? Or will the series continue and Ash will fight all the B/W 2 gym leaders before facing the Unova League? It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Earth Sage View Post
I'm kinda disappointed that we won't get to see Ash vs. Drayden because it would've been that much more intense since Ash doesn't have any ice-types OR Pokemon that know ice-type moves (unless he were to get Glalie from Professor Oak).

But I look forward to seeing Ash vs. Homika because I look forward to seeing where the series goes after it. Will they make Homika the 8th and final gym leader and Ash goes to the Unova League after? Or will the series continue and Ash will fight all the B/W 2 gym leaders before facing the Unova League? It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.
Ash could still lose...I mean the series is clearly going to be much longer than we anticipated. For all we know he loses and still goes to battle Drayden (or makes Ash battle Iris XD)

Also, for all we know, her gym could still be in a set up phase and A. it's either not official yet B. In the process of being official, so she can't give him a badge.

The third option is with the WE-Junior cup he may have to get more than 8. It's entirely possible we may even see Shizui and Cheren battle. (OK not Cheren since...well Ash got Lenora's badge already lol)
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I can see the non-official gym possibility as possible =)
Since I don't really think Homi-chan can win with Koffing...

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:56 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I'd like Ash to battle both. I mean it's not impossible. Plus, it'd give an extra little twist to the plot, not only extending the relatively short Gen V series but we'll get to see another exciting gym battle. I was and still am looking forward to the battle between Ash and Drayden/Iris and I really do hope it does happen even though Ash might recieve his last gym badge from Homika.
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:46 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I know Anime=/=Game, but the Koffing line is actually very good. They are great walls (With access to a TON of annoyance and stall moves Ash cannot counter)and have access to self destruct and explosion.

Also, guys if this wasn't posted
http://i.imgur.com/UgD1g.jpg

It says its a 6 on 3. Guys for all we know, we has a psychotically powerful Scolipede and Muk that wipes out his team and Kogging (since it's oh so weak XD) is just for set up or stall.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:41 AM
Piks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStriatonTriad View Post
I already don't like Homika. She looks annoying! But I'm sure the battle could prove to be interesting.
Who cares if you don't like Homika .... She is really cool looking and i'm pretty sure her battle with Ash will be more intense to see, then seening Ash battle with boring Drayden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Earth Sage View Post

Ash vs Homika should be more epic to see then him battling against bland boring Drayden. If you are disappointed that is your opinions, but this battle with Homika is more better since Ash will get his 8th Unova gym battle badge here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I'm pretty sure Homika is the official gym leader were Ash will get his final Gym badge from.... I'm pretty sure Homika can win with a unevolve Koffing....That is your opinions anyways which are not facts .......
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piks View Post
Who cares if you don't like Homika .... She is really cool looking and i'm pretty sure her battle with Ash will be more intense to see, then seening Ash battle with boring Drayden.

Ash vs Homika should be more epic to see then him battling against bland boring Drayden. If you are disappointed that is your opinions, but this battle with Homika is more better since Ash will get his 8th Unova gym battle badge here.

I'm pretty sure Homika is the official gym leader were Ash will get his final Gym badge from.... I'm pretty sure Homika can win with a unevolve Koffing....That is your opinions anyways which are not facts .......
First point:
You said that Ash's battle with Drayden would be boring and then you said your opinions are not facts...aren't those two statements completely contradictory... (Also more better isn't grammatically correct)

A. LIKE YOU SAID-we have no idea how a gym battle with Drayden and Ash would be? How do you know it would be boring? I think most people would prefer to see Ash VS Pikachu than Ash VS a Koffing.

B. Have you said the BW085 mini summary yet? They make it sound like it isn't going to be even official or he's going to lose.

C. Doesn't that sort of make EVERYTHING about Iris sort of pointless? I mean they can get so much out of going to Opelucid city...
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Ash decides to go to a nearby gym rather than the Opelucid City gym.
Hold up i thought this gym is suppose to be in east unova?
Secondly If it's a nearby gym how come she's using pokemon not native to unova?

6 on 3? Seeems more like 6 on 6 but with Homika beating Ash with only 3 pokemon.
Even if Ash loses I'm pretty sure Ash and gang will still go to Opelucid City cause they still haven't finished the plot with Iris and Drayden and Excadril?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Piks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post

6 on 3? Seeems more like 6 on 6 but with Homika beating Ash with only 3 pokemon.
Even if Ash loses I'm pretty sure Ash and gang will still go to Opelucid City cause they still haven't finished the plot with Iris and Drayden and Excadril?
Ash is not going to lose the 6 vs 3 on battle with Homika, since i'm pretty sure he will get his final badge from her. I'm pretty sure they will go to Opelucid city since it is were Iris came from and her story have something to do with Drayden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
First point:
You said that Ash's battle with Drayden would be boring and then you said your opinions are not facts...aren't those two statements completely contradictory... (Also more better isn't grammatically correct)

A. LIKE YOU SAID-we have no idea how a gym battle with Drayden and Ash would be? How do you know it would be boring? I think most people would prefer to see Ash VS Pikachu than Ash VS a Koffing.

I don't think people will have a problem with Pikachu VS koffing which is a lot more better then Pikachu VS Ash.

B. Have you said the BW085 mini summary yet? They make it sound like it isn't going to be even official or he's going to lose.

C. Doesn't that sort of make EVERYTHING about Iris sort of pointless? I mean they can get so much out of going to Opelucid city...
Iris story is not pointless since her goal is to become a Dragon Master not to stay at some stupid gym! They can do a whole lot more out side of Opelucid city then going there right now...

The summary Doesn't say anything about Ash losing the battle or Homika not being an official Gym leader. I do believe Homika will give Ash his final 8th Unova region badge.

Last edited by Piks; May 22nd, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piks View Post

How is Drayden boring again? And comparison too a trainer we have yet too see in the game or at all for that matter... At least with Drayden you can say the he has a formidable Haxorus as it beat Iris Excadrill handily. What do we have to go off of for Homika? And you can't tell if a character is boring and bland till the character is expressed within the Anime otherwise that is just baseless speculation.

And inversely that is your opinion that the battle between Homika would be better then Drayden. Ash will get his 8th Unova badge here? You know something everyone else doesn't know? If so please do share. Otherwise like the rest of us we just assume this is either official match or that its just a sparring match with Homika or something to that nature.

Sounds like you are trying to make a lot of opinions into facts as well, so don't question others assumptions if you make several of your own that you have just as much basis on as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post

Opelucid is near by East Unova though. Cross over to the East of Opelucid and you have Route 11 as East Unova. I would venture to guess cause this is key to promoting Black and White 2 games.

I still have the feeling that Ash battles either of them as well. Since irrc Brycen mentioned there was on in Opelucid and Iris gave a weird look in the background.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Slowbroking
Beginning Trainer

Looking at her guitar desgn, I think she has a Scolipede or two up her sleeve.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
Piks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
How is Drayden boring again? And comparison too a trainer we have yet too see in the game or at all for that matter... At least with Drayden you can say the he has a formidable Haxorus as it beat Iris Excadrill handily. What do we have to go off of for Homika? And you can't tell if a character is boring and bland till the character is expressed within the Anime otherwise that is just baseless speculation.

And inversely that is your opinion that the battle between Homika would be better then Drayden. Ash will get his 8th Unova badge here? You know something everyone else doesn't know? If so please do share. Otherwise like the rest of us we just assume this is either official match or that its just a sparring match with Homika or something to that nature.

Sounds like you are trying to make a lot of opinions into facts as well, so don't question others assumptions if you make several of your own that you have just as much basis on as they do.

Opelucid is near by East Unova though. Cross over to the East of Opelucid and you have Route 11 as East Unova. I would venture to guess cause this is key to promoting Black and White 2 games.

I still have the feeling that Ash battles either of them as well. Since irrc Brycen mentioned there was on in Opelucid and Iris gave a weird look in the background.
Well Drayden hasn't made an full anime appearance in person yet, so i don't know how his personality will be like since he did only appear in Iris flashback to when she was a little kid, but i don't think that can really count as him appearing in the anime in person. Homika does seem like she will have a really cool personality in the anime and it does appear she will give Ash his final 8th Unova gym badge.

People do have a right to their own opinions .... You need to understand that.

Last edited by Piks; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Can't wait to see THAT in the FALL on CARTOON NETWORK!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
The major question I'm raising here: If Ash is getting his last badge from Homika, and then going to travel eastern Unova during Best Wishes 2, what happened to the Pokemon League? Knowing Ash, it's not like him to not rush to the Pokemon League after getting his 8th badge. I wonder... could he possibly lose this battle, and then decide to travel to eastern Unova where he can hone his skills before challenging Drayden? Kind of a longshot, but it's the only thing I can think of that seems to make sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here