Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
!MaX!

I wonder what you're going to do with the storyline!

Are we gonna face Gold now that he beat the League?

And what about Team Rocket?

The sprites are awesome!

But what really is important for a hack is first the gameplay, second the story and third the scripts!

Are there any new scripts?

If you have difficulties with scripting I think I know some Koolboyman and Miksy91 guys!

Maybe you should check their posts, you might find something useful!

Good luck with the hack anyway!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Freako

Everything is being made with modified existing scripts and events, but I'm changing it all enough that it shouldn't be too obvious I used everything from Gold.

The storyline I touched upon in the first post.

Here's some behind the scenes stuff, I bought some flash carts and cheap gameboy games for their cartriges and made up some carts for me and Bianca to test play Bronze on an actual gameboy colour.

Last edited by Freako; May 24th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freako View Post
Everything is being made with modified existing scripts and events, but I'm changing it all enough that it shouldn't be too obvious I used everything from Gold.

The storyline I touched upon in the first post.

Here's some behind the scenes stuff, I bought some flash carts and cheap gameboy games for their cartriges and made up some carts for me and Bianca to test play Bronze on an actual gameboy colour.

That is really awesome! and since gold has the kanto in it, do you plan on adding another region after the elite four? maybe you can make it so your region is beside the johto and you have to collect the johto badges, or something like that. I love pokemon gold,silver and crystal, and love gen 2 hacks, they are my fav and i cant wait for this! Keep up with the great work, looking forward to more progress

Last edited by Al3X; May 25th, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Freako

I replaced Johto with my region, so Kanto is still left over.

Some small stuff I did recently:

Last edited by Freako; May 26th, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:13 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

This looks fantastic! Keep up the good work
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:01 AM
leachim_paloyz15
~ セールマイケル

Send a message via Yahoo to leachim_paloyz15 Send a message via Skype™ to leachim_paloyz15
"Wow.." I can't really say anything else. This is something..
YOU EVEN TESTED IT ON A REAL GBC..
I salute you both!

Everything looks great!
I'm looking forward to the release.
Good luck you two!

Old June 4th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Freako

Thanks for the support, guys.
Just recently I've added another town and some more events into the main quest to make it a little more beefy.

Plus have been working on girl player/rival sprites.

Old June 6th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Freako

New screenshot time!

Development is going quite smoothly. And I was thinking of making a short video.

Old June 6th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

Typo error there.

Anyway, it's great to see new Gold hacks, I have to admit this looks really cool. Also, you've managed to emulate the GSC style of pixel art really, really good.

Best of luck on this!
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Freako

Aha, thanks for catching that. I've been very vigorous with punctuation and spelling but somehow that completely slipped by.

Old June 7th, 2012, 07:34 AM
rosehudson
Unhatched Egg

Can't wait for this hack always makes me happy to see 1st and 2nd gen hacks, it's so hard to find a good finished one so looking forward to this.

Screens are looking great, can't decide if i love the trainer sprite or hate my opinionn changes pretty much daily.
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I personally love Generation II hacks and this looks very interesting, loving the name too!
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Bianca
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I just finished choosing the pokemon/gym badges/attacks/tm. I wanted to use pokemon that haven't really been seen in gyms so hopefully it's fun seeing some of these pokemon being used by a gym leader. They still have to be put into the game and tested, but hopefully I won't need to change anything (except now I want to redo everything that was in my gym).

I have no idea if I was supposed to do anything else on this game, except write some things the people say, also Freako wants me to draw pokemon work of a mature nature, so yeah. My work is done for the moment being.
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Freako

If I didn't have you helping out, There'd be level 2 Radicates everywhere.

I love Gold to death but there's no way I could remember what Pokemon evolves at what level and which moves they can learn. That's where Bianca comes in.

Last edited by Freako; June 9th, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Pokemon Trainer Bianca
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Also veekun...also serebii...

For the moves I mean..of course I know which level every pokemon evolves.
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Freako

Female rival/player sprite done.
Ignore my fabulous naming skills.

Old June 10th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Gymleader Clint
Beginning Trainer

This looks so cool, yesterday i played around with hacking pokemon crystal but it confused me
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Freako

I've finished all the gyms, so the only things left on the checklist to do is

• Edit the Pokemon of trainers on routes
  • Finish editing area/trainer text
  • Make the after League Quest
And that's about it.

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freako View Post
New screenshot time!
Why did I imagine Dent saying that? xD

Anyways you've progressed really well and quick, I wish you the best of luck to finish this.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Freako

One thing I'm not sure how to do is change a trainer's class, ie make a Bug Catcher to a Youngster.

Anyone know?

Old June 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Littlered
The Red One

Nature: Adamant
Even though I don't even own an emulator to play hacks on, I must say for what this looks like, I can tell it's gonna be great! I lovee Gen 2 as well. G/S/C was my fav series, because personally I just love the arrangement of pokes Gen 2 brough, as well as the mapping graphics. If I could play any other series with the same graphics I'd be living in heaven lol. I can relate to how things fail and then you start again and another time on another project. I had attempted 2 personal projects (not hacks) that both failed. But now, I'm helping do stuff for someone's else's game in the making and I feel like things are getting done more quickly. I know it's just you and your friend, but if I haven't already learned anything from my experience, you should seek help from others, progress will always move in a group, once again good luck I can't wait to see how this turns out
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Freako

Today I've changed the Pokemon and their levels in a few more routes.
Slowly and steadily I'm getting this done, don't wanna burn myself out.

But progress is being made.

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:18 AM
killerloop

WOW really nice hack! it's pleasure to see 2nd gen hack hope you'll finish it soon 'cause i can't wait to play it

btw can you give us a date of possible release?
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
2 things to say,
no.1, plz dont ask for release dates, it rushes the hacker and if you want a quality hack you dont want that because rushing can lead to the zombie apocalypse.
no.2, hack looks great but may i make a suggestion? maybe add in Red, Gold, and Crystal as fightable trainers and hid them. that would be fun. also, maybe add yourself as a fightable trainer, you could be real creative with that one!
No.3, how many legends are gonna be in there and could you tell us a bit more about the story? as in elaborate a bit more? because if you can elaborate a bit more, it could attract more people to this hack. it makes sense, because the story is the first thing they see.
no.4, i know i said 2 things, but im insane that way so yeah..........
no.5, all an all though, nice hack! looks great and im looking foward to playing it. keep it up, and is this really your startup hack? pretty good for that~!
http://gearsteam.webs.com/
enter and join the gears! reviews of hacks done there, credited to the hackers!
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Freako

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
2 things to say,
no.1, plz dont ask for release dates, it rushes the hacker and if you want a quality hack you dont want that because rushing can lead to the zombie apocalypse.
no.2, hack looks great but may i make a suggestion? maybe add in Red, Gold, and Crystal as fightable trainers and hid them. that would be fun. also, maybe add yourself as a fightable trainer, you could be real creative with that one!
No.3, how many legends are gonna be in there and could you tell us a bit more about the story? as in elaborate a bit more? because if you can elaborate a bit more, it could attract more people to this hack. it makes sense, because the story is the first thing they see.
no.4, i know i said 2 things, but im insane that way so yeah..........
no.5, all an all though, nice hack! looks great and im looking foward to playing it. keep it up, and is this really your startup hack? pretty good for that~!
2. I've already done something like this, so don't you worry.

3. I haven't added any legendaries because they were part of Gold's story and wouldn't fit putting them in here again. The story I've already said is your usual Pokemon affair, I have added a bit of a twist to it that hasn't been used before, or at least never called to attention. There's not much I can say about it, I wanted to make a regular Pokemon adventure.

5. I have made random small hacks that were terrible and nobody had ever played before as practice.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links