The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Nature: Relaxed
Here is where we can talk about what items, old or new, will be on the new games. I think the Grey Stone will make an appearance though. Anything you think will return? (besides the Pokeball"
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrating Mews View Post
Here is where we can talk about what items, old or new, will be on the new games. I think the Grey Stone will make an appearance though. Anything you think will return? (besides the Pokeball"
The God Stone is really the only questionable thing. Pretty much all the items from B/W would pretty much be there.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Probably yea. I assume the God Stone would be for changing the form maybe? Who knows?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
TheSuccessfulGamer
Beginning Trainer

That might add new items to get the legendarys?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
If previous games are a good example, think about how they've almost never introduced a new standard item - almost everything new is a Key Item. Since they can't be traded, they can do as they please.

I highly doubt any (non Key) items will be removed, because then it'd break compatibility, and almost every item is useful in these games.

And then there's the Forme-changing items from Platinum onwards, which are detached when someone even attempts to trade…

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Khrysta

We know that the Kami's forms are Exclusive to the 3DS's Dream Radar.

Kyurem is still a mystery as like Deoxys, it can freely change between forms in the Anime. Deoxys was limited to what game you were playing when it was released and given a locational like transformations with the meteorites. Black and White Kyurem's forms are similar to Deoxys, so they may have a location transformation for it.

As for Key Items changing, that wouldn't effect compatibility as Key Items cannot be traded and therefore wouldn't effect how the game interacts with an older game.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Forever
let it go

I'd like to see two types of bikes as a key item tbh. So theoretically, you could add in the switchable option into the key items and it's actually quite likely considering that'll lean closer to R/S remakes.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Plusleminun
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We know that the Kami's forms are Exclusive to the 3DS's Dream Radar.
Where did you read that? I'm just curious to know.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:04 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'll be generic and say that I'd like the VS. Seeker to make a return. Or perhaps a Battle Company equivalent, maybe one that works indoors because there were so little training spots in B/W.
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I highly doubt any (non Key) items will be removed, because then it'd break compatibility, and almost every item is useful in these games.
well, it is for sure that they will have to keep all the Pokeballs. Although, it is possible that they could remove some stat enhancers and TMs.

I also hope the HGSS Pokeballs make an return too. I really liked them for some reason.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleminun View Post
Where did you read that? I'm just curious to know.
In the news about the Dream Radar. The Coro Coro (someone translated) said that the new Forms were Exclusive to the Radar game. So the only way to get them is to have a 3DS or trade with someone that has one.
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Well these games seem to be unique so it's likely, we got the new trio of birds so we could see a couple more exclusive items.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

As long as I get my Lucky egg I'll be content lol

If not I have 6 of them in White version I could trade over...
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Plusleminun
Togepi

Quote:
In the news about the Dream Radar. The Coro Coro (someone translated) said that the new Forms were Exclusive to the Radar game. So the only way to get them is to have a 3DS or trade with someone that has one.
But I can also borrow someone elses 3DS and use my game on it to get the new forms right?
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Quote:
But I can also borrow someone elses 3DS and use my game on it to get the new forms right?
Probably. As long as they didn't transfer it to there game already. :p
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrating Mews View Post
Probably. As long as they didn't transfer it to there game already. :p
I'm not sure. I mean theoretically so long as it doesn't ID your game like the Pokewalker and Dream World do, you should be able to find them, catch them, and transfer them into your copy off of a friend's 3DS.

They don't have compatibility info on it other than you can send what you catch to your copy of B2W2. We'll know more later this summer though.

It still a rumor on whether you can catch more than one though. I don't remember seeing them say you could, but a lot of sources say you can catch more than one.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Yea... I hope there isn't. :/
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
I'd like to see two types of bikes as a key item tbh. So theoretically, you could add in the switchable option into the key items and it's actually quite likely considering that'll lean closer to R/S remakes.
Yess, I'd like to see this too. But they should make it to where you have to go to the bike shop to switch out what kind you have (like in RSE!). It'll give some areas a challenge, since there would be some things you could only reach with a certain bike. Oh and if one of the bikes aren't faster than the one in B/W, I will be disappoint.

Other than that, I don't really care for new items really. I only really see GF bringing in new items that revolve around Black Kyurem/White Kyurem.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Forever
let it go

I dunno, I'd prefer if you had two "fold-able" bikes which were in your bag as key items, which you could access any time - maybe like, something called a bike bag? XD; Back and forward to bike shop would suck. :(
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:54 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Im sure most things will stay. Potions, antidotes, the evelution stones.
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Khrysta

I completely forgot about the bikes. I wonder why they were removed and why the two speed bike from Gen 4 was removed. I would kinda like an all in one bike like in Gen 4. Press a button changes what you can do with it.
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Forever
let it go

idk I'd rather something technical for the bags. XD;

Oh and also, I'd like to see a new item which is called like "Field TMs" for the field TMs (like headbutt and so on) to kinda separate them from everything else, or maybe a distinction so it's easier to access them?
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Khrysta

I dunno, Field TMs is kinda meh seeing as the only move that would qualify is Flash. Its not like the previous games, No special trees to Headbutt, no indents to Secret Power, and no Rocks to Rock Smash. Flash is the only Field applicable move that has stayed an HM/TM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
I dunno, Field TMs is kinda meh seeing as the only move that would qualify is Flash. Its not like the previous games, No special trees to Headbutt, no indents to Secret Power, and no Rocks to Rock Smash. Flash is the only Field applicable move that has stayed an HM/TM.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, actually change the region so something like that would come about and have a special compartment for it. Besides, whirlpool, teleport and chatter could likely qualify, too. If so that'd be like, at least 8 or so, and separate them, like the bag separates HMs. Or alternatively, just add special items for those purposes and make those redudant. Maybe even idk a flashlight?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Serebii has just announced two new items;

Shining Charm - When held makes it easier to encounter shiny Pokemon
Round Charm - Daycare man will find eggs quicker. When held.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links