Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups
Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:18 PM
wolf

Advertise here
CommDay does NOT start at 8 at night (EST), it starts at 8 in the morning! And it will continue to run until the end of the day.

Wi-Fi battlers should be on the server at 4 PM EST during CommDay so that it's easier to gather participants for the tournaments. However, it's possible for the Wi-Fi tournaments to happen earlier or later than 4 PM if there's enough people. If you can, try to come on whenever you're available!

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, December 22nd and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 PM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, you will receive this emblem if you were online during the Community Day:

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Christmas monocolor-themed OU (All teams must consist of red, green, and/or white Pokémon. Use this article for figuring out which Pokémon are considered red, green, and white. Shiny Pokémon don't have different colors from their regular counterparts.)
2. Hailstorm-themed NU w/ the NU POTF #1 required (All teams must include some form of hailstorm activation (i.e. Snover or the move Hail) in addition to Glaceon).
3. NU
4. OU (standard)
5. Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
1. Christmas monocolor-themed OU (All teams must consist of red, green, and/or white Pokémon. Use this article for figuring out which Pokémon are considered red, green, and white. Shiny Pokémon don't have different colors from their regular counterparts.)
2. VGC '13 (rules)

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.

Last edited by wolf; December 21st, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
wolf

I'm assuming pretty much everyone has seen this by now, and it seems like you guys are fine with 8 PM by the looks of it. I have my doubts whether an 8 AM Community Night will be needed, but I will bother with that once this CN is done. Moving on, I set up a poll for the possible dates. Post if you're answer isn't on the poll.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Forever
let it go

To clarify my voting, I voted for Friday because chances are I won't be waking up at 8am on a Saturday or a Sunday so I'll be missing half of it (which makes the "8am" aka 8pm option for me) sound really nice. :x

...wait hang on, I live in Australia, Friday there would be Saturday here. Kay nevermind, sorry for the confusion, my votes really are for all three days so uh, count as that. :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥

Last edited by Forever; May 16th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:14 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
...wait hang on, I live in Australia, Friday there would be Saturday here. Kay nevermind, sorry for the confusion, my votes really are for all three days so uh, count as that. :x
I edited in your votes for the other days.

So yeah, looks like we're going with Friday (inb4 rebecca black). I'll wait until the end of today to confirm the date though. Like I said in the other thread, the tournament themes are BW NU, DPP OU, Adv OU, and GSC OU unless anyone objects. Get those teams ready, so we won't have to wait for anyone.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
wolf

I am somewhat disappointed that barely anyone bothered to vote. Hopefully everyone will be fine with this date. Friday received one more vote than the others, so I'm going with that.

Also, if anyone wants to me to change the priority of which tournament starts first, feel free to tell me. Like, if Elf wants to me to make GSC OU the first tournament because of time zone issues, I can.

Last edited by wolf; May 17th, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
wolf

I apologize for the triple posts, but I need to bump this. I am going to give Community Night one more chance, and try to fix the issues that existed for the past one (close to no one noticed this thread and no one was given enough time to prepare/notice in advance). I set up a new voting poll for the date. Just like last time, we will be using 8 PM as the time and the same tournament themes, but with PC OU replacing GSC OU.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
YAY I SAW IT, GOOOODDDD
I will vote for this Wolfy, u are not alone in this!!!

I'm GMT +1, so if I calculated right and it's 1 AM for me, then the time is good for me too haha. Just verifying that!!
Quote:

(23:08:31) Syn: uh tell him I pick saturday
dw I WILL get everyone to post in here

Last edited by Yoshikkko; May 24th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Fine with either fri or sat but can i have it an hour later cos i finish work late on said days lol.
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
Either Friday or Saturday would work, but I'd probably be able to stick around longer if it were Friday.

And, ew, GSC OU. I don't have THAT kind of time.
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Use an anti stall team then. Its really not that hard to break GSC stall, its not even a stall metagame anymore, its pusedo impossible to stall against things like drumlax, growtheons, joltwak, explosion teams etc. ;/ lol
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Forever
let it go

I'm fine with any time so I voted for all. Only issue is I need to wake up early on a weekend which is unlikely but if it's three hours I'll be there for half of it. Actually if it was an hour later like suggested I'd only miss a half an hour :3
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Saturday is best for me. :) I'm not too picky on what days, though. I'm coming along for the atmosphere and good time! n_n;
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'll have to check when I'll be available before I vote on a time, but I'll almost certainly participate. Who knows? This might make me a regular on PC's PO server again...
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
wolf

Thanks for voting guys. I made the time one hour later for Nica and Elf, unless anyone is against this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj4bigred View Post
And, ew, GSC OU. I don't have THAT kind of time.
It's good that I replaced it then, eh?
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
Can you put Monotype or CC in there too?
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:55 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
I'm GMT +1, so if I calculated right and it's 1 AM for me
GMT +1 = UTC +2

UTC -4 + UTC +2 = 6 hours

9PM = 21h

21h + 6h = 3AM

Sorry for being a dreambuster, yoshikkko :C

Also, it's definitely too late for me since I'm the same timezone as Yoshi. Have fun tho!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:50 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTrainerWhoCould View Post
Can you put Monotype or CC in there too?
If enough people want those themes for the next Community Night, I will add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post

GMT +1 = UTC +2

UTC -4 + UTC +2 = 6 hours

9PM = 21h

21h + 6h = 3AM

Sorry for being a dreambuster, yoshikkko :C

Also, it's definitely too late for me since I'm the same timezone as Yoshi. Have fun tho!
Yeah, stupid time zones. I can make the time one hour earlier, so you could participate for at least one hour (if you're willing stay that late)? Then, Elf and Nica will miss out on roughly one hour, but I can change the tournament order to their liking.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
DispenserJustice
Beginning Trainer

I'll be attending. I'm hoping I can remember and that I have enough teams to participate in the various tournaments. Still need to make a legit good team for PC OU.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
I'll be there too. I know I won't win many battles, because I'm not very skilled at battling nor teammaking, but I come for the community. I hope a lot of people show up.
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
Yeah, stupid time zones. I can make the time one hour earlier, so you could participate for at least one hour (if you're willing stay that late)? Then, Elf and Nica will miss out on roughly one hour, but I can change the tournament order to their liking.
Well I can try really hard to wake up at 8 considering I got 10 hours sleep last night which never happens, so it's quite possible that if I set an alarm I wouldn't sleep through it. SO I SHALL TRY.

tj you will win everything you are wonderful.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
wolf

The time isn't changing now, it's gotten too late to do so. Also, be sure to have a PC OU team made; you'll need it for what I am planning. ;)
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
wolf

Well, that was pretty successful. Probably the worst Community Night that worked, but it's a start.

Anyway, what about 11 AM EST as a time for the next CN? Nica said she usually sleeps at around 1-2 AM, so it's convenient for her (CN would start at 11 PM for her) without being too early in the day. 4 PM for Elf and 5-6 PM for Yoh, so it's pretty good for them too. We could alternate between 7-9 PM and 11 AM as the times for each CN if the 11 AM one is successful.

Last edited by wolf; June 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: forgot to add the time zone
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
If the next starts at 11AM I'd be happy to join! I hope you had fun yestarday ^___^

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

It was actually quite fun. Most fun ive had in along time. PC OU is an epic hell tier js lol.
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
wolf

Gonna bump this yo. Nica suggested to make the next CN happen on the American launch date for B2W2 (Sunday, October 7th); sort of like a celebration for when the newest Pokémon games are released. I agreed, but we still need to figure out the time for when it starts. So, I ask everyone...

Is 8 PM (GMT -5 / EST) a good time for when Community Night starts?

And everyone is fine with October 7th being used as the date, right?

Last edited by wolf; September 28th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here