• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Clubs Ideas and Discussions

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
What would you people think about a gym related club?

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.
Would anyone be interested in a club like this?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.

I was going to suggest this but lucky you did and saved me from typing all that.
I would so totally join that (read: make it now)

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years

You could also include little challenges and discussion about avoiding the gym (Not avoiding working out, working out without needing to go the gym though so calisthenic stuff). Not sure if I'd join or not, I don't really post a whole lot but I'd certainly be interested in reading it and it might even give me some motivation to post a bit more.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
@Gym Club -

Would go there to maybe get tips on soft exercises that I could do being disabled and all. I used to work out but I've had to cut way back to basically nil. I'd to there for yeah, learning purposes and progress purposes. i say: Make it!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
The demand is there so I shall fulfill the demand! I'll make it up for you all tonight.

@Juicy the plan was to do stuff like that, having rotating workouts you could do at home and that you can do at the gym etc.

@Kurui Im sure if you ask and theres enough people therell be members who can figure some stuff out for you, I'll personally look into it once I've made it.

New Club Idea:

How would people feel about a How I met your mother club and/or a Community club (community the tv show)?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the gym club is a great idea because it's based on a universal topic that can't be exhausted. It's an ongoing theme of the world (such as video gamers, LGBT, atheist etc) so it'll be easy to keep rolling with it. The thing I've noticed about fan clubs of specific things like TV or book series though, is that they tend to die very quickly - so with the exception of Harry Potter, I tend to stay away from them. I think with TV shows, as much as we all love them and share in the joy, there's only so much that can be said about them (particularly comedies like HIMYM and Community). So if you're going to make a club on either of those, I'd make sure you have a lot of people who would be committed to helping you keep them alive.

I'd join the HIMYM Club because I watch and love the show, but I think it'd be hard to keep up the momentum because the discussion is dealing with a finite source material.

WOW I SOUND LIKE SUCH A BUZZKILL. I don't mean to be discouraging haha, that's just my observations from being in Other Clubs for so long XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think all clubs should forego sign up forms. I hate it when clubs have sign up forms. And even more-so when clubs have sign up forms that need the username. lol you can't see what my username is from my post? If you want to join a club, you should just be able to post in there and say you want to join and then start contributing just like any other thread.

Shining Raichu

Years
You have no idea how much I agree with this. I don't put sign-up forms in my clubs for that very reason - you say "hi I'm joining" and then just get on with it lol. I remember before I took the Atheist Alliance it had this long-winded sign-up form which basically made you reveal your views on everything ever - it was so annoying.

To me, the sign-up forms kind of feel like you're in an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and you're like "Hi I'm Glenda and I'm an alcoholic. I have a different man from the local bar in my bed every night and I haven't seen my kids since June. At least I think they're men..." and every time I see somebody fill one out it feels like I'm being forced to chant "Hiiiiiii Glendaaaa" in dull unison with the other club members.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Id agree, I would very much prefer if people joined the club by just saying they were in then jumped straight into the discussion at hand in their "joining post".
I think the problem is that a lot of people don't feel like joining the discussion for some odd reasons, that's the only reason I have sign up forms in my clubs, to try and get them talking and adding to the discussion. I see a lot of people just join clubs and only fill out the sign up form and not add anything to the discussion or bring up a new topic at all, that annoys me a lot!

-edit-
Only reason I put username in is cause I find it easier to C/P it from the post then the username.

Years
One topic I might put up for suggestion.

Maybe an Australian club? We already have a Philippines Club here so why not make an Australian one? Plus it is my native country and I love Australian culture, man they have some of the best sports teams ever and not to mention it hosted 2 Olympic Games and 4 Commonwealth Games!

Plus, it's home to loads of famous beaches and native plants and animals.

I'm sure this club will be popular with our Aussie users.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
If this doesn't exist already...

..the Nutella lovers club. Yesyesyesyes. I'd join that for sure. Talking about the various ways we use Nutella... *drools*

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think all clubs should forego sign up forms. I hate it when clubs have sign up forms. And even more-so when clubs have sign up forms that need the username. lol you can't see what my username is from my post? If you want to join a club, you should just be able to post in there and say you want to join and then start contributing just like any other thread.

This works if your posts are detailed and informative, but I think a sign up form is crucial for the majority of members joining clubs. It's not some official thing that you have to do before joining, people can post in clubs without having signed up (at least in PoC), but it's just a case of "Hi, here's some information about my interests relating to the topic" rather than "Hi I'm joining" which is what a lot of members would end up posting given the chance. Maybe I'm being judgemental, but from past experiences of running clubs without sign up forms, this is what happened. :p But yeah the username thing is silly, I mainly just include it for an easier c/p source and since its standard in most clubs, but yeah its pretty weird to include it. xD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Personally I don't see a problem with an Australian club but saying that I probably wouldn't join it as I don't see very good discussion coming from it. I may be wrong but thats just my opinion.

Theres already a digimon club so maybe if it dies it could be remade!

Mockingjay I think a nutella club would be to specific to get good discussion going so itd probably die out. Making a Ferrero s.p.a club would probably get better discussion going but im still not sure if itd work. (Ferrero is the company that makes nutella as well as other products such as Ferrero Rocher and Kinder, according to wikipedia at least.)

Alex I agree with your completely! Especially about easier C/P from the username in a sign up form xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I like sign-up forms that give an overview of your involvement in the fandom/interest. So a general "favourite character/favourite episode/how did you get involved in [reason for club]" and so on. Name is okay by me so long as it's more "what should we call you" rather than "username". I usually leave out the username part if it's asked for in clubs. o_O But at least answering well thought-out (but not too complex) questions about the topic in a sign-up form gets people saying something that can be replied to, which is a nice basis for further discussion.

But also agreeing that without the forms, people have a greater tendency to just post with mere "can I join?" intros. I find that ditching user lists also stops this post but people seem to love lists (even though I hate them and find them very tacky and annoying to update--which is why people don't keep them very up-to-date) so I don't bring this up much, lol.

Btw, I'd be okay with nationality clubs.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think someone who knows a lot more then I do about the culinary arts should make a food club! In it they could post recipes and share them with other members etc. Discuss the best way to cook things to be super duper yummy! Even video tutorials on how to cook certain meals. I'd certainly be down with a club like that, it'd be AWESOME!

droomph

weeb
Years
This! And a prime example of what should happen:
you all KNOW I have to join.. so add me too.
Yessss something like that. Haha I should shut up

But yeah whatever, the sign up forms are a great way to get introverted people (like me) practice our "enter conversation" skills, as it's basically telling us, "no matter how hard you failed, you still did it right because the form saved you. Try harder next time though!".

I think someone who knows a lot more then I do about the culinary arts should make a food club! In it they could post recipes and share them with other members etc. Discuss the best way to cook things to be super duper yummy! Even video tutorials on how to cook certain meals. I'd certainly be down with a club like that, it'd be AWESOME!
Yesss it'd be awesome, but...Laura In the Kitchen and foodwishes exist, so it'd basically be a PC portal for their Youtube channel...

However that's boring so we'll also be able to share our own personal recipes, and try to share our thoughts and new recipe ideas!

...I WILL MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW. Besides, I have a Grovyle cake to bake (;)), and I would like some help!

...damn you css

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make some kind of "Sports Club"? In Culture & Media, there's only one active sports thread, and it's only about Soccer.
I think having a thread about Sports would be an interesting idea, especially in a form of clubs where everyone can discuss their favorite sports and even their recent activities. Talk about leagues, tournaments, popular players and anything in the sports media should also be encouraged.

I believe there should be someone who's willing to do it, and I doubt it wouldn't be active. (If it won't I'll be shocked.) While it's true having a general sports club with all the different kind of sports could get messy, but with the right owner and rules I'm sure it could be done. Better than having a club just for Soccer or Baseball or Rugby, no? The club would also go well with the Gym club, I believe.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make some kind of "Sports Club"? In Culture & Media, there's only one active sports thread, and it's only about Soccer.
I think having a thread about Sports would be an interesting idea, especially in a form of clubs where everyone can discuss their favorite sports and even their recent activities. Talk about leagues, tournaments, popular players and anything in the sports media should also be encouraged.

I believe there should be someone who's willing to do it, and I doubt it wouldn't be active. (If it won't I'll be shocked.) While it's true having a general sports club with all the different kind of sports could get messy, but with the right owner and rules I'm sure it could be done. Better than having a club just for Soccer or Baseball or Rugby, no? The club would also go well with the Gym club, I believe.
I think sports is a real iffy topic if you were to ask me. Just having a club for sports would mean that everyone's talking about random sports. I mean someone could be rambling on about soccer, the next cricket and so on. But it is a much better idea than one specific sport. I know that one club which I approved was basically about one canadian hockey league and it didn't do so well. If it were about hockey in general, it would've done much better.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

I personally think it would probably work better in C&M then OC as a discussion thread instead of a club like the soccer one. Though saying that it could (possibly) work here as well as long as you don't have it as an all inclusive club of all sports (like Alternative said) or a club super specific about what sport it is and even what country the sport is played in like the Canadian Hockey (again like Alternative said).
I think it'd probably work better if the clubs were all inclusive of only one kind of sport if you were to make a club like Tennis club or a cricket club. (Just dont make it like an IPL Cricket Club or the Wimbledon Tennis Championship Club.)

Everything said I still think it would probably work better in C&M then in OC, just my opinion though!

Also are you really making a culinary club Droomph? One where people can share their recipes and teach me how to cook super yummy food from ALL OVER THE WORLD!? That'd be fantastic.. and I hope it works xD

Shining Raichu

Years
But also agreeing that without the forms, people have a greater tendency to just post with mere "can I join?" intros. I find that ditching user lists also stops this post but people seem to love lists (even though I hate them and find them very tacky and annoying to update--which is why people don't keep them very up-to-date) so I don't bring this up much, lol.

Btw, I'd be okay with nationality clubs.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually have no problem with "can I join?" posts. Usually when people post them in my clubs they post them with a reason explaining why they should be allowed to join (apparently not realising that it's against the rules to deny anybody and they need no justification). Even when they don't, it's easy enough just to welcome them in and carry on with the conversation. I've never been in a situation where it's halted or derailed the discussion.

They also help with the member lists, which I love :P. I think the member list, even though it's not hard to become a member of a club, is a great aesthetic touch to set a club apart from just a thread.

Back