The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
btw a new version of the beta has been released which fixed the harden bug, among other things. Just in case u all didnt know already...

Old May 25th, 2012, 01:17 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden View Post
crash yourself down the route 27, not diving in, you will see the freaking route 100, and go east and then you would see the train station, prepare yourself with tons of sprays, a hypno (or other sleeping inducing pokemon, not those grass types...) , and tons of pokeball/ hyperball. then, enjoy the trip and do the impossible....
Thanx anyways bro because i Already passed this thing ages ago.. And I was thinking why you advised me to stock with sprays and pokeballs?????
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:37 AM
jRpopopop
Beginning Trainer

HELP ME.IM IN KANTO NOW.ROUTE 25 GOING TO POWER PLANT.BUT IM STUCK AT THE 5TH GUY.WHEN IM GOING TO BATTLE HIM.MY SCREEN TURNS BLACK.I DONT SEE NOTHING BUT PURE BLACK SCREEN.CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE THE PATCH?FIX IT PLEASE.HELP ME.THANKYOU..

THATS MY ONLY PROBLEM AT ALL.IM ENJOYING YOUR HACK BRO.THANKS ANYWAY.I WANNA FINISH IT BUT I CANT BECAUSE OF THE BUG THAT I FOUND,FIX IT AS SOON AS YOU SEE MY MESSAGE.THANKS BRO..

WHERE IS THE LINK OF THE NEW PATCH?

Last edited by jRpopopop; May 25th, 2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quick update:
This morning I fixed:
As many of the Could/Would/Should of's that I could find by simple find & replace. They have been replaced by Could/Would/Should've.

I fixed some other minor errors - such as moment having 3 M's instead of 2 in the teleporter script and a guy in Leaf Bay City's Pokécom centre incorrectly referring to Leaf Bay City as "LEAFBAY CITY".

I fixed the notorious Exp. Share bug. It now awards the correct amount! (This was surprisingly easy to do!).

That about covers it for the fixes I've done today. Repatch to see the benefits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRpopopop View Post
HELP ME.IM IN KANTO NOW.ROUTE 25 GOING TO POWER PLANT.BUT IM STUCK AT THE 5TH GUY.WHEN IM GOING TO BATTLE HIM.MY SCREEN TURNS BLACK.I DONT SEE NOTHING BUT PURE BLACK SCREEN.CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE THE PATCH?FIX IT PLEASE.HELP ME.THANKYOU..

THATS MY ONLY PROBLEM AT ALL.IM ENJOYING YOUR HACK BRO.THANKS ANYWAY.I WANNA FINISH IT BUT I CANT BECAUSE OF THE BUG THAT I FOUND,FIX IT AS SOON AS YOU SEE MY MESSAGE.THANKS BRO..

WHERE IS THE LINK OF THE NEW PATCH?
First of all. Turn. Off. The. Caps. Lock.

We have been told of this bug many times, but simply cannot replicate it on our emulators. It seems to be specific to certain emulators, none of which we have, so we can't even make it happen, let alone fix it.

The link to the patch never changes. We simply update the actual patch that you download and apply. Clever, huh? It's available in the first post in this thread. There are 2 mirrors as well, just in case the main host goes down.

Hope this helps.
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:39 AM
jRpopopop
Beginning Trainer

Thanks bro.but here is the tricky part.im not playing on my computer and im not using Visual Boy Advance as my emulator.im using Vbagx emulator for s60v3 nokia phones.in short im playing your hack in my nokia phone.thats the only bug that i found,as of now,i tried to use my save files from my phone to pc.but it did not work for me cause of the save file type is different from vbagx to visual boy advance.is there anything that i could do to get rid of that bug?help me bro please.im enjoying your hack so much.help me.thankyou..
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Do you have to use the BIOS (the real GBA bios, I mean) for your emulator or not? This could be the difference. I checked the script, and I can't see any possible reason for the crash in all honesty.

If it happens on the real BIOS but not on the emulator (sans BIOS), then I may be able to track down what causes it. Otherwise, there's not a lot I can do to help. It does seem to be a bug which only occurs on Phone emulators - which is rather interesting in itself.
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:04 AM
jRpopopop
Beginning Trainer

Yeah,im using it,and wait bro,before i forget,um..where can i find the .gba file of the 3.1 beta?i mean can you give me a link for the .gba file of the 3.1 beta?cause i cant find it here in the forum or on the links that you posted.maybe it just because of the GBA bios that you are saying that causes the crash.can you give me a link bro?and can you also patch that .gba file that you will give me?please?
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

The 3.1 beta link was taken down because it was horrendously buggy. It actually got to the stage where the live beta was the ONLY way to go.

I'll try to get there in my playthrough and see if it crashes as well.
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:31 AM
jRpopopop
Beginning Trainer

Thanks bro.update me if that thing also happened to you.imma catch entei and raiku for now while waiting for your reply bro.gonna get back to johto again.haha

is it possible to convert my .gba save file type to .sgm save file type?

Last edited by jRpopopop; May 25th, 2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:17 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
The 3.1 beta link was taken down because it was horrendously buggy. It actually got to the stage where the live beta was the ONLY way to go.

I'll try to get there in my playthrough and see if it crashes as well.

>mfw 3.1 is called buggy

I didn't even get ONE gamebreaking bug guys, only an "additonal content" one (absence of Zapdos). Maybe just RNG was on my side.
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:12 AM
jRpopopop
Beginning Trainer

I tried the new patch but still same crashing thing happeneds.omfg.whats wrong with my emulator.huhuhu

That guy in route 25 in kanto dont wanna battle me.always crashing when im about to battle him.black screen thingy always shows.ugh

Last edited by jRpopopop; May 25th, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
There is no way to convert .sgm to another save file.
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:36 AM
pabioxxx
Unhatched Egg

Hmm grotle, luxio, bibarel I have meet them in cave of wisdom, but grotle appear with charmander sprite, and two others with ?? marks, what it means ? There will be some new pokes or what ?
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to nicoleb Send a message via Skype™ to nicoleb
Hey, guys, awesome hack, but I'm stuck on the Ruins of Alph. Morty and Eusine told me to go to the Ruins of Alph to find the Clear Bell, and in a lot of LPs of the game, I've seen people who go into the Omanyte puzzle room be taken to
Spoiler:
this place where you go to the past, or something like that,
but all it's taken me to is the regular Omanyte puzzle. I've completed that puzzle, along with the Aerodactyl and Kabuto ones (whenever I try to do the Ho-Oh one, it tells me it's already been done), and nothing has happened. What am I supposed to do?

* Married to Jeremy.
* "In love" with Leigh Whannell and Costas Mandylor. <3
* でも、ボクはこのヤロウがキライんだ。あいつはボクに恐喝(きょうかつ)しようとしたから。
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I found a bug when I was going to the Battle Tower in Olivine City, yes I beat the Elite 4, but once I entered there and accepted the challenge, the lady took me to the room where I am supposed to battle, and it froze there. And when am I supposed to return to Kanto, because I went to Kanto and returned to Johto, and it's been hours since I returned to Johto and the Sailor won't let me go, he says http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachm...1&d=1338053153

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleb View Post
Hey, guys, awesome hack, but I'm stuck on the Ruins of Alph. Morty and Eusine told me to go to the Ruins of Alph to find the Clear Bell, and in a lot of LPs of the game, I've seen people who go into the Omanyte puzzle room be taken to
Spoiler:
this place where you go to the past, or something like that,
but all it's taken me to is the regular Omanyte puzzle. I've completed that puzzle, along with the Aerodactyl and Kabuto ones (whenever I try to do the Ho-Oh one, it tells me it's already been done), and nothing has happened. What am I supposed to do?
Go to Union Cave, then go to where you found that Baby Doll, then surf north to where the Hiker is. There is 2 different paths, go to the one where it requires you to use Strength, then go to a path behind that other one(with the steel stairs), then go to that grayish spot where "Ho-Oh" tells you to go to the past. Hope this is easy to understand.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Liquid Crystal.png‎ (4.5 KB, 32 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DrFuji; May 26th, 2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Send a message via AIM to nicoleb Send a message via Skype™ to nicoleb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Go to Union Cave, then go to where you found that Baby Doll, then surf north to where the Hiker is. There is 2 different paths, go to the one where it requires you to use Strength, then go to a path behind that other one(with the steel stairs), then go to that grayish spot where "Ho-Oh" tells you to go to the past. Hope this is easy to understand.
OMG! I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I didn't notice that! I feel so dumb now. >_< Thanks for your help, Volcanix769!

* Married to Jeremy.
* "In love" with Leigh Whannell and Costas Mandylor. <3
* でも、ボクはこのヤロウがキライんだ。あいつはボクに恐喝(きょうかつ)しようとしたから。
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Strikes

Quote:
I found a bug when I was going to the Battle Tower in Olivine City, yes I beat the Elite 4, but once I entered there and accepted the challenge, the lady took me to the room where I am supposed to battle, and it froze there. And when am I supposed to return to Kanto, because I went to Kanto and returned to Johto, and it's been hours since I returned to Johto and the Sailor won't let me go, he says
For the first bit, it not finished yet. Don't forget that this is a hack of Firered and not Crystal . So no battle tower yet. But there is a berry tower you can go to in the mean time! Tough battles there too, it is in between blackthorn and the ice cave.

As for your second you have to keep entering and re-entering the area until it rains. Then he should let you get on board. If it still wont work just use the rain . The one at Saffron.
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Volcanix769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
For the first bit, it not finished yet. Don't forget that this is a hack of Firered and not Crystal :). So no battle tower yet. But there is a berry tower you can go to in the mean time! Tough battles there too, it is in between blackthorn and the ice cave.

As for your second you have to keep entering and re-entering the area until it rains. Then he should let you get on board. If it still wont work just use the rain :P. The one at Saffron.
Thanks for the help. Plus, do you know on where to get a bike, because I need it to pass the Cycling Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleb View Post
OMG! I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I didn't notice that! I feel so dumb now. >_< Thanks for your help, Volcanix769! ^_^
I had that same problem as well when I first did this months ago, so I used references from Youtube to find it. It was really hard.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachm...1&d=1338056814 I have 11 badges. And this is my current team:

Coco the Exeggutor LV. 63
Moves: Psychic, SolarBeam, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

Hypnos the Poliwrath LV. 65
Moves: Waterfall, Submission, Ice Punch, Hypnosis

Quil the Typhlosion LV. 61
Moves: Flamethrower, ThunderPunch, Swift, Dig

Puffy the Gengar LV. 63
Moves: Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Dream Eater

Ryuu the Dragonitw LV. 65
Moves: Outrage, Fly, Icy Wind, Surf

Trunks the Donphan LV. 64
Moves: Rollout, Strength, Earthquake, Defense Curl

And where do I get the TMs Earthquake and Ice Beam/Blizzard?
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Liquid Crystal Team.PNG‎ (7.2 KB, 18 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DrFuji; May 26th, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Thanks for the help. Plus, do you know on where to get a bike, because I need it to pass the Cycling Road.
Aw dude lol. Been to long. Just check around in each city in Johto and read ever sign that is near a building. You will find it.
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Karmarsi
The Blue Ice fox

Nature: Jolly
forgive me for probably asking another silly question, but when you check the Pokedex and a pokemon, there's an option to see what area it is in. Now I'm early on, only in Goldenrod, which means I'm in Johto. But when I check the are for a Pokemon instead of showing a Johto map with the Pokemon's location it shows the Kanto map. It does this with every Pokemon I check and it confuses me. Is this intentional, a glitch, or is there something I need to do? Thank you in advance!
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Aw dude lol. Been to long. Just check around in each city in Johto and read ever sign that is near a building. You will find it.
Goldenrod City. Turn right at the train tracks, then go down until you can't go any further. The house with the bike should be right there. It's basically right beside the Department Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmarsi View Post
forgive me for probably asking another silly question, but when you check the Pokedex and a pokemon, there's an option to see what area it is in. Now I'm early on, only in Goldenrod, which means I'm in Johto. But when I check the are for a Pokemon instead of showing a Johto map with the Pokemon's location it shows the Kanto map. It does this with every Pokemon I check and it confuses me. Is this intentional, a glitch, or is there something I need to do? Thank you in advance!
We just haven't changed the way it works yet. This is how it works in vanilla Fire Red. We're working on this just now though.
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
MegaKuriboh

When I entered Kurt's house, I ended up randomly in the middle of his house with nobody in it and I couldn't exit :/

Edit: Decided to skip the TR event using Walk Through Walls, I just hope it doesn't affect any future events.

Last edited by MegaKuriboh; May 27th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Karmarsi
The Blue Ice fox

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
We just haven't changed the way it works yet. This is how it works in vanilla Fire Red. We're working on this just now though.
Oh! thank you! :D Much appreciate for the response <3
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
shuvax
Beginning Trainer

Help! Im in goldenrod city and after i got off route 34, no other trainer wants to battle not even the Gym leader Whitney. Can this be fixed? Also trainers on route 35 wont battle.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Volcanix769

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvax View Post
Help! Im in goldenrod city and after i got off route 34, no other trainer wants to battle not even the Gym leader Whitney. Can this be fixed? Also trainers on route 35 wont battle.
I really don't think that it's a bug, since you're probably using the Pokegear as a VS Seeker. And have you battled Whitney yet? If so and if you won, that must be why.

Last edited by Volcanix769; May 27th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here