Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:04 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Sure. I'm almost 30. (25 now)

There are so many champions to try :/
I want to try playing Corki, but I need to save for runes :/
Duo would be nice... makes sure there's one less troll on your team

I have 6k IP now.

Last edited by double trouble!; June 3rd, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
My god I've been having the worse games lately since the new patch, my lag has gotten ridiculous and makes me feel like Im a bad player :( :(

Nothing special has happened with me lately, just been going pretty awful haha :S.

Also I wouldnt mind having some ranked matches, even Duo's would be fun!
I won my first ranked match actually, mostly because they didn't ban Kassadin and I got him, but still. :D

I haven't done too well when it comes to ranked though, seeing as if someone wants to play mid I have to be stuck with support, and even then I'm not doing so well. I'm getting pretty bored of Lux and I need some more mids which I could potentially be good at. I'm thinking someone who doesn't get banned all that often but still does well in the games like Ahri, Gragas, Karma or maybe Nidalee even. I'm not really that interested in nukes.
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:33 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Look at this http://lolmatches.com/charts/rankedsolo
The 0-150 range actually exists!
I want to get a smurf to 30 and take it down there. I wonder how bad they are....

All I have to do is queue dodge until I'm low enough.
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by double trouble! View Post
Look at this :P http://lolmatches.com/charts/rankedsolo
The 0-150 range actually exists!
I want to get a smurf to 30 and take it down there. I wonder how bad they are....

All I have to do is queue dodge until I'm low enough.
That would be hard to get to though, although I would say those players are pure trolls though and don't really give a flying pig about who wins or loses. My ELO is in the 1000's so I'm eh about it. I think ranked is better because there's more discussion most of the time and more teamwork.
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:08 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

It must be funny though!
I heard the queue times are really long.
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Eh, my queue times are generally about a minute, though I've never gone further than two. That'd be more for the higher/lower ELO though, where there aren't as many players.
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Week 27:
Nasus
Veigar
Soraka
Amumu
Anivia
Katarina
Caitlyn (again LOL)
Kog'Maw
Pantheon
Sejuani

Sounds fun.
They really need to stop putting Caitlyn and Graves on the rotation all the time. It's getting old.

I can't wait to try Anivia.

Last edited by double trouble!; May 28th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I'm really not liking this week's lineup, was hoping for Urgot or Trundle. But eh, it'll be nice to try out Nasus, Anivia, Sejuani and Pantheon.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I'm really not liking this week's lineup, was hoping for Urgot or Trundle. But eh, it'll be nice to try out Nasus, Anivia, Sejuani and Pantheon.
Oh, come on. Anything's better than free Yi week. That's hell.
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

yay Cait is fr33 again! Weee fun for meee! Queue times for ranked arent a problem, its the people rage quitting on the last pick after youve already waited like 5 minutes while everyone was picking! its so frustrating! My elo is in the low 1000's Im crawling my way back up though, I need to get a more stable connection though. That'll make things WAY easier when i dont have freezing lag.
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
yay Cait is fr33 again! Weee fun for meee! Queue times for ranked arent a problem, its the people rage quitting on the last pick after youve already waited like 5 minutes while everyone was picking! its so frustrating! My elo is in the low 1000's Im crawling my way back up though, I need to get a more stable connection though. That'll make things WAY easier when i dont have freezing lag.
Yeah it kinda sucks. However my lag is a stable 200 or so, which I've grown used to.

Also I bought Zilean and his time bombs are so fun. Today I was up against a Lux and managed to get her to low health. A Shaco tried to gank me so I used a time bomb on him, he ran into Lux and I got the kill. I don't know if that was intentional or what, but it was kinda funny.
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Wow. I just had 2 flawless games in a row. (bots obviously don't count)

Edit: Bought Corki today, he's really fun.

Last edited by double trouble!; May 30th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I have no idea if I'm getting better or if people are getting more lousy, but ever since Lux was free and I got Karma, I've been feeling like I've gotten loads better at dodging skill shots. Now to render Morgana useless.

Also planning on buying Nidalee next.
Old June 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

So... This weekend = double IP.
I'm not too good at dodging those.
Edit: Got my first quadra kill today.

Last edited by double trouble!; June 1st, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
A lot of you probably don't remember / know who I am, but I thought I'd see if PC has a LoL thread regardless, just in case. ;p I've been playing League of Legends for a few months now; it's pretty much the main way I spend my online time these days. I main support (Sona, Lulu, Taric, I can play Soraka but hate doing so because she's boring to me, learning some others like Leona), learning to AD carry and play some mid/top champions, but tbh I just obsessively love to play Sona and Lulu, so if you invite me to a normal and I'm available to play that's most likely what I'll want to do... (Hell, I'll dunk bots with people though -- sometimes I'm tired and feel like destroying something but don't want to deal with all the dramas associated with pvp queueing haha... I hate blind pick and draft still means trying my luck with the LoL community...) If anyone here remembers me and wants to add me even if just to say hi (keeping in mind I leave LoL open 24/7 so I'm often afk when people message me ;___;!), I'm jumpluffers on the NA server. <3 Add me and tell me who you are if your summoner name isn't something I'll recognise immediately? ^__^ Keep in mind I'm immensely nosy and will probably spectate all your games =p
PON PON WAY WAY WAY

あの交差点で皆がもしスキップをして もしあの町の真中でてを繋いで空を見上げたら
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:31 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie-chan View Post
A lot of you probably don't remember / know who I am, but I thought I'd see if PC has a LoL thread regardless, just in case. ;p I've been playing League of Legends for a few months now; it's pretty much the main way I spend my online time these days. I main support (Sona, Lulu, Taric, I can play Soraka but hate doing so because she's boring to me, learning some others like Leona), learning to AD carry and mid. If anyone here remembers me and wants to add me even if just to say hi (keeping in mind I leave LoL open 24/7 so I'm often afk when people message me ;___;!), I'm jumpluffers on the NA server. <3
Awesome!
I'd like to try Lulu out, but I need more RP. I have enough IP, but I need to save it for runes.

I don't really play support, but I should learn to.
I usually play AP mid.
I main Fizz. I also play Kennen, Tristana, and Annie a lot.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress

I LOVE KENNEN AND TRISTANA ♥♥♥♥

I unlocked Tristana when I started out to pad my character count, thought she was super qt and all that, but when I tried her vs. bots I realised she's just an absurdly fun character. Same for Kennen during his free week -- I'm saving up for AD carry runes, scaling mana regen yellows, Miss Fortune, and Kennen now because they're so enjoyable to play. I guess I like things with good laning phases in general, because in normals nothing ever gets to lategame zz but Tristana has a ridiculous lategame anyway and Kennen still brings THAT ULT to the table.

I kinda have a rule where I only play cute or fabulous or pretty characters haha... I think Fizz is very cute! But I'm all about yordles. :>

Lulu is amazing to play, and she can do anything (though I have never tried her jungling lol >__> not sure how her clear would be but she would have amazing ganks because of all her CC -- even roaming with her as support can set up some good kills). Aside from her kit, which always keeps things interesting via the amount of options it presents at one time, she has the cutest laugh and she's so sparkly and hnsdgjdflgd EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS PERFECT. She is so well-made.

I started playing this game when Lulu was revealed, and she is what kept me interested for the next few weeks -- the thought that Lulu would be free and I would get to play her and find out if I liked her as much as I did from the patch preview was a huge motivating factor. Then when I played Lulu, I played her all week because I found she even exceeded my deliciously high expectations. I rushed to level 20 so I could spend my IP on support runes, then ground for more IP to buy her with a week later and never looked back. tl;dr: Lulu is a great champion, I don't know anyone who has been disappointed by her, so when you get the chance to buy her, you should totally do so and invest a little time into learning her. Remember to spam /laugh! ♥

The nice thing about Lulu is that she's versatile, and although Riot is attempting to shoehorn her into support, you don't need to learn her as a support. You could just play her top or even mid, and then when you have a grasp on the champion's capabilities you could learn support with her (she's kinda a unique support in some respects, but I learned a lot about teamfighting as a support from playing a lot of Lulu, because that's where she truly excels). Or you could just learn her support then play top/mid/jungle/whatever when you feel confident. :D
PON PON WAY WAY WAY

Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Must get $10
Ugh... I need a job lol.
I wish this thread was more active. I really like this game. I started about 2 months ago.
I'll add you
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress

I'll accept you either now or in the morning, going to sleep soon~

Hope we can play sometime :> and that you've made the most of this double IP weekend for your runes! I didn't grind as much as I should have tbh, but I still played a lot the last few days so I feel a little worn out lol ;_; there was a day where I went nuts after a dry spell and played seven normals (went 5-2), then the double IP weekend started the next day so I felt a bit dumb :/ haha...

Nice to meet you regardless~!
PON PON WAY WAY WAY

Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:58 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Sent!
If you just saw a request from someone named "deadlyskittles", it was me :P
Well, I'm trying. I went from around 5k to 9.6, still going.
I'm not doing too good right now. Most of my teammates are horrible, or rage a lot.
I had a 6 game losing streak a few days ago.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie-chan View Post
I LOVE KENNEN AND TRISTANA ♥♥♥♥

I unlocked Tristana when I started out to pad my character count, thought she was super qt and all that, but when I tried her vs. bots I realised she's just an absurdly fun character. Same for Kennen during his free week -- I'm saving up for AD carry runes, scaling mana regen yellows, Miss Fortune, and Kennen now because they're so enjoyable to play. I guess I like things with good laning phases in general, because in normals nothing ever gets to lategame zz but Tristana has a ridiculous lategame anyway and Kennen still brings THAT ULT to the table.

I kinda have a rule where I only play cute or fabulous or pretty characters haha... I think Fizz is very cute! But I'm all about yordles. :>

Lulu is amazing to play, and she can do anything (though I have never tried her jungling lol >__> not sure how her clear would be but she would have amazing ganks because of all her CC -- even roaming with her as support can set up some good kills). Aside from her kit, which always keeps things interesting via the amount of options it presents at one time, she has the cutest laugh and she's so sparkly and hnsdgjdflgd EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS PERFECT. She is so well-made.

I started playing this game when Lulu was revealed, and she is what kept me interested for the next few weeks -- the thought that Lulu would be free and I would get to play her and find out if I liked her as much as I did from the patch preview was a huge motivating factor. Then when I played Lulu, I played her all week because I found she even exceeded my deliciously high expectations. I rushed to level 20 so I could spend my IP on support runes, then ground for more IP to buy her with a week later and never looked back. tl;dr: Lulu is a great champion, I don't know anyone who has been disappointed by her, so when you get the chance to buy her, you should totally do so and invest a little time into learning her. Remember to spam /laugh! ♥

The nice thing about Lulu is that she's versatile, and although Riot is attempting to shoehorn her into support, you don't need to learn her as a support. You could just play her top or even mid, and then when you have a grasp on the champion's capabilities you could learn support with her (she's kinda a unique support in some respects, but I learned a lot about teamfighting as a support from playing a lot of Lulu, because that's where she truly excels). Or you could just learn her support then play top/mid/jungle/whatever when you feel confident. :D
Fyi, trundle is the cutest yordle in the entire game. :P

I bought some new characters: Karthus, Nidalee and Wukong. Nidalee is just fun as hell especially going what I've heard as her "ubernuke" build, which is just AP to one-shot squishy characters with her spear. Although I tried going her as an AD bruiser sort of character by this guide I was following roughly, and went 14/0 on my first try. :D

Karthus is just insanely powerful. Even though I've only played two games with him, I've been fed in both games and was just wow. Although that could be to the fact that I was up against an Alistar in mid because they had no ranged, but I'm not complaining. Went 29/8 in that game.

I suck at Wukong, period.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

Fyi, trundle is the cutest yordle in the entire game.

I bought some new characters: Karthus, Nidalee and Wukong. Nidalee is just fun as hell especially going what I've heard as her "ubernuke" build, which is just AP to one-shot squishy characters with her spear. Although I tried going her as an AD bruiser sort of character by this guide I was following roughly, and went 14/0 on my first try. :D

Karthus is just insanely powerful. Even though I've only played two games with him, I've been fed in both games and was just wow. Although that could be to the fact that I was up against an Alistar in mid because they had no ranged, but I'm not complaining. Went 29/8 in that game.

I suck at Wukong, period.
Did anyone complain about kill securing stealing?
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Wow I remember Kylie from ages ago.

Is everyone here on NA because if so I will have to swap and work on getting level 30 so I can play with you all.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

Well... most of us are, I think.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Froslass_Maniac
Take this banana and throw it away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double trouble! View Post
Did anyone complain about kill securing stealing?
In PvP, rarely.
In Co-op vs AI, alot.

It's mainly caused by the fact that people try to get as many kills as possible in Co-op vs AI while people in PvP mode are more of a team and trying to Kill Secure as much as they can.

(Hehe... 54 assist with Janna on Co-Op vs AI)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here