Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Pokethan
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Can someone direct me to the Action Replay thread for R/S/E and FR/LG? I need to look up some specific codes.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokethan View Post
Can someone direct me to the Action Replay thread for R/S/E and FR/LG? I need to look up some specific codes.
Uh, I don't think we have one anymore. You could always just use supercheats or neoseeker or something. That's where I go. Googling isn't hard. :)
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
megatyler3
Trainer

Sorry this isn't an easy quick answer question but is it possible to beat elite 4 second time (when they have stronger pokemon) in my bug monotype? (Without cheats or pokemon from ruby/saphire/emerald/firered(that means no syther)) Thanks in advance. And btw ik its not required in UMC but i still wanna do it if its possible

Active Challenges:

(LeafGreen)(6/8) (SoulSilver) (Emerald) (Diamond) (Black)
Belle Lv.45 Driller Lv.43 Para Lv.30
Pinch Lv.29 Veny Lv.22

Completed Challenges:

(Sapphire)
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatyler3 View Post
Sorry this isn't an easy quick answer question but is it possible to beat elite 4 second time (when they have stronger pokemon) in my bug monotype? (Without cheats or pokemon from ruby/saphire/emerald/firered(that means no syther)) Thanks in advance. And btw ik its not required in UMC but i still wanna do it if its possible
In R/S/E the E4 don't get stronger a second time, so you don't have to worry there. In FireRed, Scyther is actually obtainable, while Pinsir isn't. It is of course possible to beat the E4 a second time. I'd recommend using a smaller, over-levelled team that includes Scizor and sleep-inducers.
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM
megatyler3
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
In R/S/E the E4 don't get stronger a second time, so you don't have to worry there. In FireRed, Scyther is actually obtainable, while Pinsir isn't. It is of course possible to beat the E4 a second time. I'd recommend using a smaller, over-levelled team that includes Scizor and sleep-inducers.
Well first of all i have leafgreen which is why i said no help from firered, after you finish servii islands events elite four has stronger pokemon... Thank you for trying to help though and sorry i wasnt clear

Active Challenges:

(LeafGreen)(6/8) (SoulSilver) (Emerald) (Diamond) (Black)
Belle Lv.45 Driller Lv.43 Para Lv.30
Pinch Lv.29 Veny Lv.22

Completed Challenges:

(Sapphire)
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:56 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatyler3 View Post
Well first of all i have leafgreen which is why i said no help from firered, after you finish servii islands events elite four has stronger pokemon... Thank you for trying to help though and sorry i wasnt clear
Sorry, I misread. Pinsir isn't a bad Pokémon to use either. It can learn many ground and fighting type moves to round out coverage. Also Swords Dance and X Speeds can lead to sweeps if you're able to set up on a non-threatening Pokémon/asleep Pokémon.
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
deflow32
Beginning Trainer

Hi, Im just wondering if there is an Action Replay that is compatible with dslite's GBA slot?
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
This isn't the place to ask. You'll have to Google that. We don't help with Action Replay stuff. You could try going to GameStop and checking, though. I think a DS can check for fakes and unlicensed products with it's GBA slot though, so idk I don't think there is one. I could be wrong, but you'll just have to check elsewhere.

paired to crono
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
StavE
Beginning Trainer

How i do 3rd evolving to some pokemon that need "Trade"?
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Given your previous question, it appears that you're playing these games on a ROM. I don't believe there's a way to evolve trade critters to their final evolution in this way, but I could be wrong. As Syd mentioned in your other thread, it'd be best to ask someone who's more aware about ROMs in order to answer your question.

If this is a different issue, and you're playing a genuine game, then you need a link cable, as well as another GBA/DS with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen cartridge. Go to any Pokemon centre and follow the instructions on the second floor, and you should be OK.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by StavE View Post
How i do 3rd evolving to some pokemon that need "Trade"?
If you are indeed playing an Emulator, you can down load VBA Link. Which allows you to link more then one Visual Boy Emulator.

Link.
T!M
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM
VideogamesandMusic
Beginning Trainer

I just remembered this right now. In my pokemon leaf green version, I have alread beaten the elite four like 3 times, and the cave where mewtwo lives has never opened. Second off I use to have a venusaur back when I bought the game, and then stoped playing it for like 3 years. After 3 years I played it again and then he was gone. Now third of all on the islands where motres lives, there are two team rocket goons. I have watched walkthroughs and i see that they make a tunnel and leave. That tunnel never appears. So whats up with my game?
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
I believe you need the national dex to activate those events.

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Yeah, I think that's all you need. I usually made an effort to get at least 60 species of Pokemon through the course of the main story so that I could get it immediately after the Pokemon League. That being said, go talk to Oak after you get at least 60 different species in your Dex. Though for Mewtwo, I think you have to have cleared the post-game story and obtained the Ruby and Sapphire (not the games, they're items in the game) to get into Cerulean Cave, though I could be mistaken. Been a long time since I played FRLG actively, haha.

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
vinylscratchp0n3
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START

Every time I plug in the cartridge, it gets past the gba "ba-ding!" screen, and shows a white screen. It used to work if i warmed the cartridge in my hand a little while, but now it refuses to boot at all. I've cleaned the contacts with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, nothing works. Do I have to get a new one, (won't be much lost, I was only at the fifth gym) or is there some way to fix this?
Black Friend Code: 4083 5385 3478
SoulSilver Friend Code: Link 2880 4604 6464

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
pokedevil
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Caught a Ghastly and Cubone, not sure if I should use them or store them.

Ghastly seems more or less the same as Kadabra, only I've had Kadabra much longer so naturally his stats would be better. Eventually I intend to replace Kadabra with Mewtwo anyways, but that's a long ways off.

Cubone it strikes me will be effective for each of the three gyms I still have to deal with (Koga, Giovanni, and Blaine), which should lead to a lot of leveling up and a pretty beastly marowack, but given that I've already got an Onix who I intend to keep around, I'm not sure I should bother.

And ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedevil View Post
Caught a Ghastly and Cubone, not sure if I should use them or store them.

Ghastly seems more or less the same as Kadabra, only I've had Kadabra much longer so naturally his stats would be better. Eventually I intend to replace Kadabra with Mewtwo anyways, but that's a long ways off.

Cubone it strikes me will be effective for each of the three gyms I still have to deal with (Koga, Giovanni, and Blaine), which should lead to a lot of leveling up and a pretty beastly marowack, but given that I've already got an Onix who I intend to keep around, I'm not sure I should bother.

And ideas? Thanks in advance.
You haven't listed a specific game. So I'll cover both to the best of my ability.

RBY

Stick with KADABRA his psychic moves deal with NORMAL and FIGHTING types with ease. And his moves are just powerful to begin with.

______

Stick with ONIX, his defense is hella high where I would assume CUBONE is more squishy. However, I believe WATER and GRASS-Types may have an easier time with ONIX due to his 4x weakness to both.

FRLG

Still stick with KADABRA, the only thing that's going to beat KADABRA with ease (with the exception of a powerful first strike from a physical move.) is DARK-Types and they are few and far between in the remakes of RBY.

_____

See the RBY answer.
T!M
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
pokedevil
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Yeah, sorry. Meant FR. Thanks again!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
T!M

Question: When a wild POKeMON uses Harden does it lower the catch rate of a POKeBALL. Because I feel that every time they do, it makes it more difficult to catch.
T!M
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Question: When a wild POKeMON uses Harden does it lower the catch rate of a POKeBALL. Because I feel that every time they do, it makes it more difficult to catch.
Nope, there are no Pokémon moves that make a Pokémon harder to catch. (Other than HP restoring moves like Recover of course.)
Old June 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I'm currently having trouble beating Watson.

My team is comprised of:
Beautifly - level 24
Kirlia - level 22
Gulpin - level 21
Makuhita - level 22

Any idea as to what I could do / improve?
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:46 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post

My team is comprised of:
Beautifly - level 24
Kirlia - level 22
Gulpin - level 21
Makuhita - level 22

Which game are you using? It makes a difference.
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Emerald sorry, I should of included that.
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Geodude in Granite Cave would be a good idea. :) It resists Electric moves. If you have a Mudkip or Torchic in your PC that you ditched, training them up, especially Mudkip, would be really good as well. Marshstomp is a Ground type and gets Mud Shot upon evolving from Mudkip and Combusken gets Double Kick in similar fashion. Going back for an Aron is also an option, though it only gets Mud-Slap.

paired to crono
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post

My team is comprised of:
Beautifly - level 24
Kirlia - level 22
Gulpin - level 21
Makuhita - level 22

Watson is basically a nightmare, except if you have Marshtomp, however he can be beat! n_n Voltorb and Electrike are quite weak and will go down easily. I take it Kirlia knows Calm Mind? If so, lead with Kirlia and spam it. Heal when needed. Once you're at about +2/3 (depends what you want), proceed to use Confusion which could OHKO the former mentioned two. Manectric and Magneton are absolute terrors. However; he'll more than likely use Manectric if Kirlia is out since it knows Bite, and since Bite is special this time you won't take much. Again, spam Confusion. Magneton will probably take you down since it spams T-wave and then Shock Wave. Makuhita should be used next; just spam its fighting moves and hopefully you'll win. If he paralyses you don't heal it from Makuhita since Guts will make this battle 100% easier. Use Gulpin and Beautifly as decoys for healing.

Good luck! n___n paragraph not needed we
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here