Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2012 (11:05 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Yeah...this gen was unique as in that it skipped the butterflies and Bees, going for Bag worm or whatever the Leaveny line is and Centipede.
I'm hoping to see powerful bugs such as Heracross and Scisor appear.
I feel like we probably won't get Heracross. It seems kinda overpowered for it to appear on its own, and seems like something you'd get through the dream world rather than a strong Pokemon early on. Because really, compare Leavanny and Heracross - there's a difference, lol. :x
Old May 26th, 2012 (12:14 AM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
There are 300 Pokemon in the Pokedex. Does that mean all 5th generation Pokemon will be included?
Old May 26th, 2012 (12:24 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Tropical Sunlight:
There are 300 Pokemon in the Pokedex. Does that mean all 5th generation Pokemon will be included?
Should, yeah. If so that'd mean 153 so about 137 (maths?) will be added from past generations. In other words that's like 35 per generation imo.
Old May 26th, 2012 (01:27 AM).
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Requility:

Should, yeah. If so that'd mean 153 so about 137 (maths?) will be added from past generations. In other words that's like 35 per generation imo.
I hope they don't split it evenly like that. I'd like to see them favor gens 1 and 2 over 3 and 4.

Oh and 300-153=147, so about 36.75 from each generation

Old May 26th, 2012 (05:08 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Gen 3 has 40+ in the game if we go by what Black and White had. We are close to half of Hoenn Pokemon appearing if they do use the Pokemon that were in Black and White.
Old May 26th, 2012 (02:44 PM). Edited May 26th, 2012 by Kenmoor.

BW2 sure has a big Pokedex. You know... Game Freak could just troll us and say that they're putting every single Pokemon in the game. OVERKILL TIME. Ha, I could spend a hour just on that 1st route. But then again if we stick to what they officially said-around "300" Pokemon- that is gonna be a lot, still, on each and every route/place/location. Not to mention the random roaming legendaries.

Che, I wonder how Game Freak devised which Pokemon got in or didn't make it... was it some random poll or lottery? Or bribes. I could see that... "100,000 Yen (in U.S. dollars-$1,255.18, that's right, big money) for Gyarados and Magikarp!" "No, Magikarp sucks and Gyarados has double weaknesses!" "Oh yeah-" bla, bla, bla, etc.

Ugh. What a pain to wait for officials to say which previous generation Pokemon got in. Just release them all on one special day. A month til the release of the game maybe?
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old May 26th, 2012 (03:08 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kenmoor:
BW2 sure has a big Pokedex. You know... Game Freak could just troll us and say that they're putting every single Pokemon in the game. OVERKILL TIME. Ha, I could spend a hour just on that 1st route. But then again if we stick to what they officially said-around "300" Pokemon- that is gonna be a lot, still, on each and every route/place/location. Not to mention the random roaming legendaries.

Che, I wonder how Game Freak devised which Pokemon got in or didn't make it... was it some random poll or lottery? Or bribes. I could see that... "100,000 Yen (in U.S. dollars-$1,255.18, that's right, big money) for Gyarados and Magikarp!" "No, Magikarp sucks and Gyarados has double weaknesses!" "Oh yeah-" bla, bla, bla, etc.

Ugh. What a pain to wait for officials to say which previous generation Pokemon got in. Just release them all on one special day. A month til the release of the game maybe?
We prolly won't know what all the Pokemon are until someone gets an advance copy and hacks it like they did with Black and White.
Old May 27th, 2012 (11:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
We prolly won't know what all the Pokemon are until someone gets an advance copy and hacks it like they did with Black and White.
True. Or leaks from some random Game Freak employee. I didn't hear about that BW hacker though... I need to check on this kind of news more often...
Old May 27th, 2012 (12:14 PM).

True. Or leaks from some random Game Freak employee. I didn't hear about that BW hacker though... I need to check on this kind of news more often...
That employee got fired and arrested. As for the hacker, the guys from one of the news sites basically just ripped the images out and started spreading them across the internet, Nintendo then served a removal notice saying that they would sue if the New Pokemon Sprites were not removed until the games were released due to Copy Right infringement.
Old May 27th, 2012 (12:29 PM).

Wait can't metagross already be caught in black and white in the giant chasm?

Old May 27th, 2012 (12:54 PM).
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by ixin:
Wait can't metagross already be caught in black and white in the giant chasm?
yeah but thats after the story is said and done, we're talking about before the end of the game.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 27th, 2012 (03:50 PM).

Oh ok. sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I thinnk getting a metagross from the wild before the elite 4 would be too overpowered. I hope it stays after you beat the game.

Old May 27th, 2012 (03:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by ixin:
Oh ok. sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I thinnk getting a metagross from the wild before the elite 4 would be too overpowered. I hope it stays after you beat the game.
Its already confirmed in the new Pokedex so its going to be before the Elite Four since they started the new Pokedex mechanic back in Gen 4.
Old May 27th, 2012 (04:03 PM).

Adding on to ixin and KingCyndaquil, since Metagross was a post-game Pokemon what about the rest of the post-game ones? I think the ones that made the cut and were in post-game got moved to the main game. But... this brings the question... Who all (ha, ha, the awkward pronoun "who all", ha, ha) could be the new post-game Pokemon? I mean there are 300+ Pokemon to choose from, not to mention their evolutionary lines...
Old May 27th, 2012 (04:16 PM).

Adding on to ixin and KingCyndaquil, since Metagross was a post-game Pokemon what about the rest of the post-game ones? I think the ones that made the cut and were in post-game got moved to the main game. But... this brings the question... Who all (ha, ha, the awkward pronoun "who all", ha, ha) could be the new post-game Pokemon? I mean there are 300+ Pokemon to choose from, not to mention their evolutionary lines...
There probably won't be any Post Game Pokemon, and if there are, then maybe none that were in Black and White as it seems that all the Pokemon from Black and White's Post Game are in B2W2.
Old May 27th, 2012 (07:11 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Nah there could be post-game Pokemon but they'll be the opposites of what we don't have - do with Seviper and Koffing we miss out on Arbok and Muk which could be post-game.
Old May 28th, 2012 (12:18 PM).

Weeell, whatever. I agree w/Requility's theory, I mean come on, no Post-game Pokemon? Seems... odd. Then we would have no fun in the post-game but that's another topic. It's more plausible that we will get the ones we don't have, afterwards. I just hope they're the uber, overpowered ones like Metagross. Not some weak "_______" (I don't want to start a fight... so mentally fill in the blank yourselves). It's like going home after a long time and you battle the annoying Patrats, Starlys, and Pidgeys with your Lv. 100 Emboar.
I just hope that we get some new Pokemon in the post-game.
Old May 28th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
Sweet!
Administrator CS

Nature: Lax
It's Pokémon. They'll find any excuse to throw as many Pokémon into the game as they can. There's little value in whether putting them in or not is balanced, because the values you might hold towards Pokémon will generally differ.

Throwing Heracross in somewhere in the post game? Who cares - you could trade it in anyway. :P
Old May 28th, 2012 (06:49 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Hiroshi Sotomura:
It's Pokémon. They'll find any excuse to throw as many Pokémon into the game as they can. There's little value in whether putting them in or not is balanced, because the values you might hold towards Pokémon will generally differ.

Throwing Heracross in somewhere in the post game? Who cares - you could trade it in anyway. :P
I hate being that guy but: ^This.
Like, legit, this entirely. It's Pokemon. Why would they not add more Pokemon into a Pokemon game? Heck, I could even see them going so far as tossing in some roaming legendary Pokemon in there just for the heck of it while giving them a story line, too. They have to include their Pokemon somehow.
Old May 28th, 2012 (08:59 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Weeell, whatever. I agree w/Requility's theory, I mean come on, no Post-game Pokemon? Seems... odd. Then we would have no fun in the post-game but that's another topic. It's more plausible that we will get the ones we don't have, afterwards. I just hope they're the uber, overpowered ones like Metagross. Not some weak "_______" (I don't want to start a fight... so mentally fill in the blank yourselves). It's like going home after a long time and you battle the annoying Patrats, Starlys, and Pidgeys with your Lv. 100 Emboar.
I just hope that we get some new Pokemon in the post-game.
But Metagross is already in the Pokedex! :( ...and also isn't an uber. :x

Yeah I see that point @ bottom, though. I guess they could always dramatically increase the levels of what you find in Unova to annoy us more. XD;
Old May 29th, 2012 (02:13 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild

Well they do hold popularity contest polls over in Japan, kind of like the ones we have to dream what pokemon we wanted for Dream World and so on. So they can take the info they got from voting and translate that to what they think is the most popular or wanted among the fans then include some of them if not all high ranked ones in the pre-national dex.

But Metagross is already in the Pokedex! ...and also isn't an uber. :x

Yeah I see that point @ bottom, though. I guess they could always dramatically increase the levels of what you find in Unova to annoy us more. XD;
Maybe the user meant pseudo legendary instead of the competitive term "uber". On top of that Metagross also appeared in the trailer so for sure in the dex.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 29th, 2012 (04:54 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I can't help but wonder if any of the past generations legendaries will be included in this dex, the only dex to have legends from another is Johto but that one has all the pokemon at the time of it's introduction (plus the gen IV evolutions). Though considering how these games seem to be Johtoesk it's possible, perhaps the Sinnoh triad will be included (revealing what Ghetsis was planning maybe?). Then again that would kind of be overkill since BW already has 13 legends of it's own...
Old May 30th, 2012 (06:36 AM).
Resident Peacekeeper

Is anyone else shocked they haven't revealed Pikachu yet? Pikachu is their main Pokemon for everything about them.
Old May 30th, 2012 (06:44 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Reshiram Man:
Is anyone else shocked they haven't revealed Pikachu yet? Pikachu is their main Pokemon for everything about them.
Well it is kinda surprising but I feel like they're waiting just til the games come out since it's "expected" and leave us thinking "oh no NO MOAR PIKACHU" when really, no, chances are it'll appear.

Or maybe they just will try to alienate anime fans by not including Pikachu idk.
Old May 30th, 2012 (06:59 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Well it is kinda surprising but I feel like they're waiting just til the games come out since it's "expected" and leave us thinking "oh no NO MOAR PIKACHU" when really, no, chances are it'll appear.

Or maybe they just will try to alienate anime fans by not including Pikachu idk.
I sure as peaches hope they don't include that little gremlin of a Pokemon. Again, like you said, they more than likely will, but it'd be nice to have another game that doesn't include Pikachu before you defeat the Elite Four or w/e we're supposed to do.

I could see them replacing Pikachu with Plusle and Minun. I wouldn't mind that, tbh.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)