• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doa

Analyzer
Years
My signature currently details my endeavors in Diamond, though I haven't picked it up in a couple of days. (Three level 10s without a starter in less than 4 hours is not bad.) Haven't beaten any gyms yet, but I have challenged a few trainers with my newly trained Pokemon.

I'm about to restart HeartGold and see how far I can get before I get bored.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2012
Catching them all - Progress

This is my progress thread, I will record and update as I play. My first goal is to beat the Elite Four in each region and have my teams become more advanced as I complete more and more of the pokedex. The games I will be playing and recording and documenting progress on will be HeartGold(johto + kanto), Sapphire(hoenn) and Platinum(shinnoh).

HeartGold
Spoiler:

Sapphire
Spoiler:

Platinum
Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll merge this with the Travel Journal thread sticky we have which is for talking about what you've done in the games.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Oh, yes, people still play ^^

Umm, I played through the E4, and... lost. Ran out of revives, almost depleted my milk and couldn't beat lance. I, wierdly enough, had nothing to beat gyarados :(.

Current levels:

Meganium: 41
Polywhirl: 42
Fearow: 42
Haunter: 42
Sandslash: 43
Entei: 43

I need to grind... but there is nobody to beat up :( and I am not going to grind at the victory road, that is just freakin boring. This may take some time...

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I currently playing through Soul Silver at the 4th gym now.
I have a lv.26 Typhlosion
Lv.22 Pidgeotto
Lv. 20 Ekans
Lv. 20 Spearow
Lv. 14 Pinsir
Lv. 10 Ditto.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
→ 9:18 Time, 8 Badges, 14th day

I finally picked up HG again. I had defeated Team Rocket in Goldenrod and the Kimono girls in Ecruteak. I followed a very lovely guide to make it to the top of Bell Tower, but I killed Ho-oh. :( I'm making my way through the first spot in Kanto.. Wait... that means I'm going to Victory Road soon? D:

I'm posting my team (mostly donations from Mac and Gonz0!) here so I can see how many levels they jump after I beat the Elite Four. Eventually.

159.png

Triton (Croconaw) | Level 43
♂ | Rash | Torrent
Surf, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch

82.png

Orion (Magneton) | Level 45
♁ | Timid | Magnet Pull
Hidden Power Fire, Magnet Bomb, Screech, Discharge

214.png

Lancelot (Heracross) | Level 43
♂ | Shiny | Adamant | Guts
Brick Break, Counter, Reversal, Close Combat

380.png

Angel (Latias) | Level 46
♀ | Shiny | Timid | Levitate
Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Recover, Fly

245.png

Aurélie (Suicune) | Level 44
♁ | Shiny | Timid | Pressure
Mirror Coat, Gust, Aurora Beam, Surf

464.png

Galamoth (Rhyperior) | Level 50
♂ | Jolly | Solid Rock
Stone Edge, ThunderPunch, Earthquake, Whirlpool

Years
Just got Diamond in the post today (first ever post-generation III game I've ever owned so pretty psyched!!!!)

After an awkward while not being able to figure out how to delete the previous user's save file, I eventually got started and couldn't be happier :D

I've got to Eterna City atm and saved it there :) I'm absolutely in love with Floaroma Meadow, it's so perdy and peaceful, I seriously want to live there xD

My team thus far consists of Prinplup (I'm not keeping her though sadly, there are other pokés I want), Ponyta, Luxio and Buizel.

I also had a lot of fun slathering honey on trees - I really want a male Burmy so I can get a Mothim :D

Looking forward to more Sinnoh adventures :)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
YAY I FINISHED E4 AFTER 28 DAYS!!!
In the end I didn't grind, victory road was just so boring, and I went for it. First four were so easy I was surprised. Then came Lance.

I soft resetted at least 5 times cuz Haunter's hypnosis missed :( eventually I used Polywrath for gyarados.

And cuz I'm so happy I finally defeated him, I said what happened (in spoilers so you don't have to read it):

Spoiler:

So yeah, I'm happy ^^ I got onto the ship after, and realized there is a white dot on the map while you're on it. Never knew that b4. So now, my current team:

Meganium
154_meganium_front_norm.png

lvl 43

Haunter
Spr_4h_093.png

lvl 44

Fearow (Sirin)
022.png

lvl 44

Entei
244.png

lvl 44

Sandslash
028.png

lvl 44

Polywrath
062.png

lvl 46

oh yeah, twilight: thats a lot of shinies ^^

Years
I've defeated four gym leaders now-I'm taking my time going through it because I'm really savouring the whole experience :)

I caught a blue (East Sea) Shellos for the press people in Solaceon and I'm thinking about having it on my team...... I'll need something with a ground type move to take on Volkner. Plus, it has a kinda cute charm about it :)

My baby Murkrow hatched today from Daycare so I'm gonna train it up to a fully fledged Honchkrow and make it a prominent member of my team :)

I pretty much have my team sorted now :) Mothim; Murkrow (Honchkrow); Ponyta (Rapidash); Floatzel; Luxray and POSSIBLY Shellos for the time being :)

More later :D

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
So I have been back into my Platinum, I am in Hearthrome City with a Grotle(Boston), Ponyta(Rebecca), Kadabara(Bishop), Haunter(Sally), Togetic(Bernie) and Eevee(DarkSide) all at level 30 except Darkside who I just got to level 31. I train evenly like that. I would be ready now to face the gym but god, Darkside is irritating! The pokemon fan club girl says he's friendly to me and seems happy to be with me, and I even have him holding a soothe bell and yet it won't effing evolve into Umbreon! What the hell? I don't get it! Bernie evolved very quickly and I didn't have to do anything! But Eevee to Umbreon has always been a ***** for me but it would be useful now for the hearthrome gym since the leader is a ghost user. Hence my phrase 'would be ready for the gym'. I am actually a good deal over level now for Platinum's Hearthrome gym but I can't understand why my damn eevee won't evolve!

EDIT: OK so I gave up on Eevee, I defeated the gym without an Umbreon as well as my rival. I am now traveling route 209 with my new Goldeen, Everlast(I wanted Everlasting but it's too long, like Tuck Everlasting with the magic water) which I caught upon receiving my good rod. It's at level 19 so needs to catch up with the rest of my team.

Last edited:
Years
Defeated 7 gym leaders now and I'm at the stage where you awaken Dialga and battle the Commanders and Cyrus :)

My team is now: Honchkrow, Gastrodon, Mothim, Ponyta, Luxray and Floatzel.

I won a couple of contests in Hearthome with Mothim :)

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Made it to Vilestone City and am now training on route 214. Caught a male Houndour, yay. I had no idea Houndour made it past the second gen let alone was in Platinum. Also received porygon from a male two doors down from the Department store.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
SoulSilver

I just got SoulSilver about a week ago and I've been playing it religiously. Choosing CYNDAQUIL as my starter I went on my knowledge of my playthrough of Crystal. So I caught a GEODUDE as soon as I could (for Falkner) on Rt.26 and then caught a PIDGEY shortly thereafter.

Then I searched for POLIWAG on Rt.30 but never came across one. I began looking for a BELLSPROUT (2 actually as I would trade one to the kid in Violet City for his ONIX and get an easy POKeDEX entry.). The fifth person in my team went unfulfilled for awhile until I decided on catching ABRA; between Ilex Forest and Goldenrod, realizing the time it took to the train him I would of never guessed how it would affected everyone in the party much later.

The first 7 Gyms I beat with relative ease and my first sign of under leveling didn't come about until I reached Claire, who's dragons swamped me easily. (SHIZA! I just realized it's now officially Saturday (EST) and I can't catch the damned LAPARAS now) So I began isolated training with each individual POKeMON.

Training them all to level 40. And even then, I still had trouble. After about several attempts and a spout of luck, I finally beat Claire and began setting up for Victory Road and later the Elite Four.

When I made it there, I quickly dealt with the E4 and when I reached Lance was easily tossed aside. No more training was needed, just a lot of losing while level grinding (via KOing the POKeMON I could.)

Note: I HATE Dragons.

After a couple days of mood destroying losses by Lance I got lucky and beat him, became Champion and unlocked Kanto.

Here's a bullet'ed Epilogue

- I travel to Kanto on the weekends - Boat on Friday, Train on Sunday
- I am striving to achieve all the EEVEElutions (I have currently, Base, FLARION, JOLTION and UMBREON.
- I evolved my WEEPINBELL and POLIWHIRL finally into a VICTREEBEL and POLIWRAITH after endless nights competing in the POKeAthlon...

And that's about it.

As of now I'm trying to catch RAIKOU and ENTEI and the newly arrived LATIOS in Kanto.

My Primary Team
- TYPHLOSION
- PIDGEOT
- GRAVELER
- VICTREEBEL
- POLIWRAITH
- KADABRA

My Secondary Team (still in training)
- JYNX
- DRATINI
- FLAFFY
- STARYU
- I forget the last one, I'll edit if I think of it.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Hooray, almost done with all of the gyms!

last time i was on the ship, now I got done with Lt. Surge. I then went to Sabrina, who was too hard, so I skipped her and finished off the grass arena. I went through the bike road, finished off the poison arena, and came back up to beat sabrina. And so on, and so on... until I got to Blue. I'm still waiting to finish the league a few times and then I'll beat blue :)

T!M

Years
So last time on Tim's PokeAdventure :3

SoulSilver

Where did I last leave off? *looks up* RIGHT!

After beating the Elite Four I set my sights on Kanto, a little confused (being that I haven't been there since Silver version 2003) I was hell bent on reaching Celedon before anything else (for Evo-Stones). Much to my dismay, after dodging trainers and running from POKeMON encounters I noted that the Department Store had no stones...

I did do some research and discover that Bill Grand-Papa gave at stones after you flashed some requested POKeMON. I had a majority of his wish list but I was unforchenatly unaware that you had to do them in his order. (I was missing LICKITOUNG) so that stone journey was a bust even after going through the 5 Trainers of Annoyance.

Fast Forward, When I started with the Kanto Leaders I procastinated a lot. Beating 1 Gym every week or so.

I wanted to finish some tasks in my home region. So I played around there, getting some more Eevee-lutions (now only down to ESPEON) and trying to catch that damndable RAIKOU.

I was busy training UMBREON and DRATINI and trying to figure out the maze that is EV Training, until I put them both away and restored my old team. (See signature) In order this is how I took out each individual Gym Leader

Surge: Easy, until he pulled out his last POKeMON, ELECTROBUZZ, it's speed and power proved to be quite annoying.

Brock: Simple, simple, simple; as always.

Janine: Easy, peezy, lemon squeezy. KADABRA with it's dominance over Poison-types and TYPHLOSION being a god above Bugs, easily swept her under the rug.

Erika: (Because I couldn't for the life of me find Misty.) Much like Janine, PIDGEOT and TYPHLOSION proved to be more then a match.

Misty: Finally I caught her at the right time and drove her back to her Gym. However I didn't battle her immediately as I was busy tickling Grandpa Bill's fancy with my POKeMON showcase. (I was waiting until late evening to catch an ODDISH.) However, VICTREEBELL killed her, as he should.

Sabrina: Not to hard, most of her psychic-types had a low defense and were quick work for POLIWRAITH.

Blaine: After finding the SOB; was easy work for POLIWRAITH as well, albeit GRAVELER did play an important role.

Gary/Blue: Tough; but I didn't lose the first time. I beat with a combined effort of my entire team. Save TYPHLOSION.

So with that all done. I returned to Oak received Rock Climb and went about my business in the world of POKeMON.

I then proceeded to Bell Tower with earlier aqcuired Rainbow Wing and caught HO-OH with an ULTRA BALL and placed him in a box. Took two tries. The first try I unintentionally pressed "Run" and ran. Lol.

But as everyone SHOULD know, not every story ends happily. The egg I had been carrying, taking the six-spot of my team, never turned out to be a MUNCHLAX... :(

I gravely underestimated Ash/Red and fell flat before his mighty PIKACHU. I know, I know... it's sad... (in a HAHA YOU SUCK KIND OF WAY, not a Oh I feel sorry for you way.)

During the battle I quickly realized that Sacred Ash was indeed, NOT an item you can use in the midst of battle.

Last night, after losing to Red, I returned to Johto and spent my collected 300,000P and bought a thick surplus of POKeBALLS (ULTRA, QUICK, DUSK and NET), POTIONS (HYPER), REVIVES and FULL HEALS.

Notes:

- During my Kanto Gym run through I had a SNORLAX Egg (Unbeknownst to me) taking my six spot. So between the 8 gyms I was switching VICTREEBELL and POLIWRATH in and out between each other.

- After a collective 90 hours of gameplay I have 135 different species POKeMON caught, evolved and hatched. All the Gen 1 EEVEE-Lutions and both birds (LUGIA and HO-OH). All while still owning my MASTER BALL.

- If you read this entire thing, good for you... Lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Red is no longer

[SIZE="a"]I Finaly beat Red in HeartGold.

My team was at the time:

Dialga: Lvl 72
Torterra: Lvl 82
Feraligatr: Lvl 62
Ho-oh: Lvl 52
Rayquaza: Lvl 65
Empoleon: Lvl 49

This was a tough outing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]
So last time on Tim's PokeAdventure :3

SoulSilver

Where did I last leave off? *looks up* RIGHT!

After beating the Elite Four I set my sights on Kanto, a little confused (being that I haven't been there since Silver version 2003) I was hell bent on reaching Celedon before anything else (for Evo-Stones). Much to my dismay, after dodging trainers and running from POKeMON encounters I noted that the Department Store had no stones...

I did do some research and discover that Bill Grand-Papa gave at stones after you flashed some requested POKeMON. I had a majority of his wish list but I was unforchenatly unaware that you had to do them in his order. (I was missing LICKITOUNG) so that stone journey was a bust even after going through the 5 Trainers of Annoyance.

Fast Forward, When I started with the Kanto Leaders I procastinated a lot. Beating 1 Gym every week or so.

I wanted to finish some tasks in my home region. So I played around there, getting some more Eevee-lutions (now only down to ESPEON) and trying to catch that damndable RAIKOU.

I was busy training UMBREON and DRATINI and trying to figure out the maze that is EV Training, until I put them both away and restored my old team. (See signature) In order this is how I took out each individual Gym Leader

Surge: Easy, until he pulled out his last POKeMON, ELECTROBUZZ, it's speed and power proved to be quite annoying.

Brock: Simple, simple, simple; as always.

Janine: Easy, peezy, lemon squeezy. KADABRA with it's dominance over Poison-types and TYPHLOSION being a god above Bugs, easily swept her under the rug.

Erika: (Because I couldn't for the life of me find Misty.) Much like Janine, PIDGEOT and TYPHLOSION proved to be more then a match.

Misty: Finally I caught her at the right time and drove her back to her Gym. However I didn't battle her immediately as I was busy tickling Grandpa Bill's fancy with my POKeMON showcase. (I was waiting until late evening to catch an ODDISH.) However, VICTREEBELL killed her, as he should.

Sabrina: Not to hard, most of her psychic-types had a low defense and were quick work for POLIWRAITH.

Blaine: After finding the SOB; was easy work for POLIWRAITH as well, albeit GRAVELER did play an important role.

Gary/Blue: Tough; but I didn't lose the first time. I beat with a combined effort of my entire team. Save TYPHLOSION.

So with that all done. I returned to Oak received Rock Climb and went about my business in the world of POKeMON.

I then proceeded to Bell Tower with earlier aqcuired Rainbow Wing and caught HO-OH with an ULTRA BALL and placed him in a box. Took two tries. The first try I unintentionally pressed "Run" and ran. Lol.

But as everyone SHOULD know, not every story ends happily. The egg I had been carrying, taking the six-spot of my team, never turned out to be a MUNCHLAX... :(

I gravely underestimated Ash/Red and fell flat before his mighty PIKACHU. I know, I know... it's sad... (in a HAHA YOU SUCK KIND OF WAY, not a Oh I feel sorry for you way.)

During the battle I quickly realized that Sacred Ash was indeed, NOT an item you can use in the midst of battle.

Last night, after losing to Red, I returned to Johto and spent my collected 300,000P and bought a thick surplus of POKeBALLS (ULTRA, QUICK, DUSK and NET), POTIONS (HYPER), REVIVES and FULL HEALS.

Notes:

- During my Kanto Gym run through I had a SNORLAX Egg (Unbeknownst to me) taking my six spot. So between the 8 gyms I was switching VICTREEBELL and POLIWRATH in and out between each other.

- After a collective 90 hours of gameplay I have 135 different species POKeMON caught, evolved and hatched. All the Gen 1 EEVEE-Lutions and both birds (LUGIA and HO-OH). All while still owning my MASTER BALL.

- If you read this entire thing, good for you... Lol.

Did you make sure snorlax was holding a Full Incense before you bred it?[/SIZE]

Last edited:

T!M

Years
Vaporeon told me that I needed that so yesterday (EST) I put a full insence on him and put him back with my DITTO.

Years
Just training my team up against the Elite Four (it's taking a while, they're hopelessly underleveled lol!!) :)

I got to Cynthia and I now realise how deadly her Milotic is lol.

Back to the training I feel :)

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Just started a new Platinum file. Started with Piplup, who quickly managed to evolve into a Prinplup just before I reached Floaroma Town. Since Antoinette (as I nicknamed her) was my only team member until recently, she is kind of overleveled - she is already at Level 20!

After defeating the Plasma grunts in the meadow, I decided to fix my Pokemon problem and search for a new team member at Valley Windworks. I ended up settling on a Shinx, whom I nicknamed Bijou. As of this writing, I am heading off to Eterna Forest.

Team:

Bijou (female Shinx) [Lv. 14]
Antoinette (female Prinplup) [Lv. 20]
Jean (male Geodude - HM slave) [Lv. 5]

T!M

Years
SoulSilver

Short tale today, turns out I'm just training a low-level PICHU. For reason I hope include being a glass-cannon for future POKeMON battles. I chose to train him because I'm lacking a strong electric-type and I could really use a good substitute POKeMON for situations that call for it.

Aside from that, I'm trying to hatch a shiny DRATINI. My first in-game shiny hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back