Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Question: Avatars & Profile Pics

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old May 23rd, 2012 (10:38 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Hello there, MidnightShine here with a n00b question. How do I inset animated avatars? If this question can be solved together with the profile pic one, pls tell me how to. Thnx to whoever who helps me in advance.
Old May 23rd, 2012 (11:45 PM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

To use an animated gif as an avatar you need to upload an animated gif that's under 130x130px because ehenn you upload anything bigger PC scales it down and saves it as a smaller, unanimated gif file. Same goes for profile pictures however you'll have to check in your userCP for the dimensions there because it varies on your supporter status.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old May 24th, 2012 (02:17 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Hybrid Trainer:
To use an animated gif as an avatar you need to upload an animated gif that's under 130x130px because ehenn you upload anything bigger PC scales it down and saves it as a smaller, unanimated gif file. Same goes for profile pictures however you'll have to check in your userCP for the dimensions there because it varies on your supporter status.
Thnx for your help. Now, I know.
Old May 27th, 2012 (07:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

OK. Now I know how to set animated avatars but can someone please help crop this so that it fits for avatars?

Darkrai GIF
Old May 29th, 2012 (07:12 PM).

It does fit, dimension-wise. There is also a file size restriction of I believe 41kb for normal users. Without cutting frames out (ie. most of the animation) it can't be made small enough. Much easier not to bother, really, as it's difficult to cut part of an animation off and still make it loop smoothly (I had tried myself on Weavile previously). I don't have time now but if nobody else does before I come back tomorrow, I could try for you.
Old May 29th, 2012 (09:48 PM).
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Quite so, you might be better off looking for a smaller, more compact .GIF image. Mine is smaller in dimensions (though yours can pass in this element) and has a lot less animation frames than that of your desired image. Albeit, like Cassino said, it is difficult to chop some frames off. Nevertheless, cropping a .GIF is possible, but hard to accomplish.

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old May 30th, 2012 (04:51 AM). Edited May 30th, 2012 by Patchisou Yutohru.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
I set your avatar to the Darkrai image you linked a few posts above. :]

If you want your old one back instead, I have that saved locally so I can put that back if you wish. Also, if you follow the direct link to your avatar (http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar306332_6.gif) and change the 6 in front of .gif to a 5, you can get it that way. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar306332_5.gif)
Old May 31st, 2012 (11:51 PM).
Crytec

Nature: Quiet
I may be posting this in the wrong section but when i post something my trainer card (signature) doesnt come out
Old June 1st, 2012 (02:56 AM). Edited June 1st, 2012 by halcyonic.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by iPika:
I may be posting this in the wrong section but when i post something my trainer card (signature) doesnt come out
I agree with Razor Leaf. To insert a picture, you must put a '[IMG]' at the front of the URL & a '[/URL]' at the back.

Coz I have no more problems, I want someone to lock this thread.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links