The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:15 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaly View Post
I love playing snakewood! And this looks 1000 times better! how is the progress coming?
Slowly. I've kind of stopped for a bit because I'm in the middle of exams, but I hope to get some good progress done over the summer. I might even have a beta by August, though I'm not going to promise anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKiller View Post
Culterine, i think this hack will be as good AND funnier than even the Ruby Destiny series. In Snakewood, i notice most of your references are Dr. Seuss (Pink Ink,Blue Fish). Also, just an opininon, but why not make ANOTHER one more Team to join, and the starter will be Missingno., or maybe put Missingno. somewhere? I always wanted to make or play a hack starring Missingno.
Actually, only a small proportion of the Snakewood references are to Dr. Seuss. There are many, many others.

And since you ask about Missingno., I've already put him in. I also gave him a pre-evolution and an evolved form; they were one of the first new lines I inserted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
This game also reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog. Will you be given an option to choose to go the different path you want to take? Also is Hombone going to replace Numel again or is it gonna replace a different Pokemon? The Fabulous Snowmen are probably even crazier than the Deadly Seven, maybe even crazier! Anyways that is my on-topic post that I have for you that may contain questions.
The only choices you make in the game are those to do with joining gangs and a couple of little things, like choosing to kick the Spearow or not. The rest happens according to those choices. The multiple endings depend on which gang you picked, and on a certain decision you make at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceypunchy View Post
So if you join Team Rocket will it be a completely different story than if you wouldn't join
Yes. If you join Team Rocket, you will work for Team Rocket throughout the story. (And fail horribly, but only because Team Rocket are morons.) If you join Ork's smuggling ring, you will work for Ork throughout the story. And so on and so forth.

On another note, I might release a minihack before I get back to work on Keratin, just to keep my hand in. Again, no promises, but we'll see what happens.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:33 AM
Iceypunchy

Snakewood was one the best hacks i've played and this looks really promising
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
Woohoo, another hack by the best storyteller in Pokecommunity!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM
hinkage
But on Saturday nobody showed

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post

What kid talks like that? and refers to him/herself as a "mere child"? You may as well make her say "I have executed my plan in a perfect manner; I am never to be discovered as the culprit! Not a soul would even dream a youth would be capable of such thievery, yet I have proven them wrong and stolen the the keys that are held in such high value."

You need to give different people different ways of talking. A kid, especially, wouldn't talk like that. More like, "Ha ha! Who'd ever suspect a KID to steal the keys!" or something.

The eternal question...

Last edited by hinkage; June 1st, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Spherical Ice

^ I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that's the joke.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
If snakewood was fun to play with, then this hack will be more fun...i hope it is.but yeah, seeing your previous hack, i cant wait for a more detail update in the future..)
annddd yessss....storyline is more important..as well as abit enchance graphic..haha

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
hinkage
But on Saturday nobody showed

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
^ I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that's the joke.
That would make sense, but it's not only that character. They all have that uppity (for lack of a better word <_>) way of talking.

The eternal question...
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
edogg
EXTREME mapper

Are you planning on adding any telefangs in that was a cool feature.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceypunchy View Post
Snakewood was one the best hacks i've played and this looks really promising
Thanks. Let's hope I get somewhere with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
Woohoo, another hack by the best storyteller in Pokecommunity!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I'm going to need every one of those exclamation marks; it's going to take a lot of luck for me to get this done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post
If snakewood was fun to play with, then this hack will be more fun...i hope it is.but yeah, seeing your previous hack, i cant wait for a more detail update in the future..)
annddd yessss....storyline is more important..as well as abit enchance graphic..haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
That would make sense, but it's not only that character. They all have that uppity (for lack of a better word <_>) way of talking.
Yes. You may not have noticed, but realism - especially in terms of dialogue - is not at all a major concern of mine. There is a time and place for it - perhaps when I'm trying to develop a particular character, or approaching something in a slightly more serious manner (for Keratin is nothing more to me than an amusing side dish in the buffet of life) - but frankly, I don't care about it. It doesn't seem to be that big a problem for most people, to be honest, so I'd suggest that you are outside my target audience. Since the style of hack I make is tailored for quite a specific audience, that's wholly understandable - in fact, I'm surprised I haven't encountered more people who dislike the way I do things, this being the Internet and all - and I'd suggest that you might find other hacks more to your taste.

That being said, you make a valid point - or semi-valid at least, since I can't see how you would know more than a small fraction of the actual dialogue from Keratin, even in its current state - and it's something I should consider. Certainly, some characters need an individual personality and speech pattern, and I have no doubt that I'll do something at least to ensure that they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg View Post
Are you planning on adding any telefangs in that was a cool feature.
Probably not, I'm afraid, but I might add things from some other random little-known games. I mean, I wouldn't put it past me.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
why do spearows hate me....... first they eat my waffles, then they steal my brother..... what are they gonna do? sell him into an undergroun- o wait, cant go there on pokecommunity....... but you get the gist of it....
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Pipimax
Beginning Trainer

I must say...you really impress me dude.
I´m currently playing snakewood,which really pleasures me.
And what stands up there sounds incredibly amazing !
Keep the work up !
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Fujingodofwind

awesome im in the middle of playing snakewood now xD
looking forward to this one
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:09 PM
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Looks amazing from what I've seen. Since Professor Ork isn't Professor Oak in disguise, I'm wondering if you'll have people like Jesse and James in Team Rocket. Keep up the good work ;-P
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:29 PM
friskycatfish
Beginning Trainer

OK man this seems kick ass but the only thing that needs to stay in the game is BOUFFALANT please don't take away my brofullo :'(
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:49 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
man, i cant wait for the release!!! hope this is another one i can play ten times over like snakewood!
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Gerokunz

It look interesting!
6 Differents stories!
The script may be very hard!
Good luck!
Old June 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
niallmuz
King Of Water Pokemon

woah looks good i played snakewood and it was one of the best hacks ive played hope this ones as good or even better good luck
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Eh, there's MissingNo. in this hack? sounds cool :D
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Nature: Gentle
Cooooool hack ! sounds really promising and i'm SURE THAT IT WILL SURPASS SNAKEWOOD ( which is a great hack ) !
So it will have story branching ?! There aren't many hacks with story branching so that feature is going to make it unique! Is Cutlerine still working on snakewood ? i know that it is 92,8% complete but i'm anticipating to see the 100% snakewood Good luck and keep it up :D
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
HyperKiller
What if..?

Sweet! MissingNo. FOR THE WIN!

Old July 1st, 2012, 02:49 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
And since you ask about Missingno., I've already put him in. I also gave him a pre-evolution and an evolved form; they were one of the first new lines I inserted.
Let me guess, same evolutionary line with 'M?
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Nacas9
master of training quilava

Nature: Quirky
are you going to have the old fakemon from snakewood, or are you going to have all the fakemon newly disigned.
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:16 AM
dracoflare
Togepi

Is "the Cutlerine" even working on this hack, he hasn't updated since a month......

The Trip to Unova: A flying-saucer, a beast and a mad-scientist.
: PC
The Road to Nowhere: PC|FF.Net|SPPf|

If you want a storyline to your fan game whether it is a ROM Hack or using RPG Maker XP, feel free to contact me!
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
HyperKiller
What if..?

One more idea I got. A type that. WILL. BLOW. YOUR. POKEMON. CRAVING. BRAINS.

AND THAT TYPE IS CALLED
Spoiler:
BACON! IM SERIOUS.

....Bah, nobody will use that, right?

Old July 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
Is "the Cutlerine" even working on this hack, he hasn't updated since a month......
Most likely, but as he said in a previous post, he's busy with exams and will continue progress over summer...
Nonetheless the wait will be worth it!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links