• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The F(A?)WB discussion thread

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Use this thread to:

-ask questions about the Writing Blitz
-talk about the progress you made on your project
-talk about anything concerning the Blitz
-ask questions about your project's plot
-go "WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS!?"

Think of this like FF&W's small one-month-only only-about-the-Blitz DCC.

And have fun.

Just remember I'm watching you~

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
It's June! (on the east cost of the United States, anyway. Hey, central/western parts of the US! Stop being in the past!)

Let's start blitzing, people.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
And my blitzing was an okay success?

My original plan was to start writing at exactly midnight. I forgot that there was a basketball game on tonight, and I didn't count on my team losing. So I started a half-hour later than expected because I was watching livestreams and videos and making frowny faces at sloppy game play.

And then as soon as I started writing, the power went out. Not for too terribly long, but enough to knock out my computer. Which means that I lost only a few sentences, but losing those sentences made me stuck because I couldn't reword them.

But I finished out my time by getting in 1230 words, a bit over two pages. And look. I have some plot for this chapter finally.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I decided to divide Chapter V in 3 parts (it still counts as one chapter only), i'm not gonna spoil the fun telling y'all what it is about :P

I still have to make a review, my computer turned off yesterday while I was halfways (thank god I saved the chapter).

And if you excuse, Imma go "WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS!?" while reviewing :D

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I forgot that there was a basketball game on tonight, and I didn't count on my team losing.
Aye, San Antonio! I don't particularly like the team, it's just that I dislike Oklahoma. But I was disappointed last night.

I barely blitzed at all, partially due to basketball. The other reason was the pressing test I'll be sure to study for tonight. I might have squeezed out four sentences for my next chapter until I completely lost interest and went to bed.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll be saving any blitzing for next week at least; it's more a 'part-of-june' deal for me as I'm currently dealing with five more assessments in this last week of regular semester! \o/ I do already have a plan for what to write though, it's just a matter of doing it.

Bay

Years
I'll have to start the blitz tomorrow. Today I got sidetrack with a few things (both real life and fandom wise, LOL ). I do have one fic idea that has been on my head for a while so I added that to the blitz last minute. Now I have three stories I want to finish, haha.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I barely started -.-' even my beta reader is praying I some how die XP But I got an idea how my second fic is going pan out and story is somewhat there. But how its going to unfold, characters, setting, genre is sort of dead in the water...And don't get me started on the my current fic. Dead in the water. For now. <---- worst cliff hanger ever.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
So I came back from the dead or something and I think I may be crazy, but here goes. I'd taken a chunk out of SGTG6 before I signed up, but it was still during June, so I reckon I'm clear. Why did I tell myself I'd write seven whole chapters of fic this month? Well, why not? Awawawa.

Bay

Years
Started with the story that has been on my mind for a while and wrote close to 600 words of it. It's somewhat fragmented as I wrote bits here and there out of order, but I'll be able to have the whole piece put together eventually. Also, writing smut is hard (shouldn't be a total surprise if any of you looked through a couple of my stories from A03, haha). @_@

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I now realized why I don't write in the afternoon. Job searches, restaurant locating, dogs, cats, cars... I didn't do much today, barely getting half a page. I don't know how much I'll be able to write this week, since I'll be working a lot of hours.

But I added another story to my goal list. It's a short-ish addition, depending on how long the scenes are.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Despite constant distractions from this annoying thing that other people tell me is called "real life," I have managed to get the first scene of chapter 3 done. 540-ish words, which means about 1/10th of the way done for the chapter. So, I gotta pick up the pace if I want to meet my goal.

Bay

Years
Got that smut fic more or less done LOL, so one story down! I'll still need to edit a bit and have a beta to look over it (already thought a couple people), but I'll be doing that later. Also, finally thought of the title for the fic (thank you Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble, haha). Now, to motivate myself to get the two other fics done, yup.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Why does E3 have to be this week? That mofo is distracting me! XP and it's got me going on how much money ill be wasting on games. And plus that is distracting me to write, I didn't even started yet. except dialogue of the main fic. Imma treat this as an exam. Imma pull off a Kobe, clutch!

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Ugh, been having a rough time :(
My computer's hard drive BROKE, so I lost the only copy of my FanFic (you see, I've finished it, but been reviewing and editing before uploading).
Now I have to re-re-rewrite the whole thing... again (if that even makes sense).
And my current progress is 1 chapter and a half, which is around 1,500 words.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Vato, that's horrible! :C I'm sorry that happened to you.

As for myself, I didn't get much done earlier this week because I worked a lot of hours. So everything that I like to do I couldn't do because I was too tired. It wasn't until Thursday that I could actually do any writing, and I did that in work. I finished a scene of "TUGMY" that night. I fortunately could easily pick up my writing style for that story, but it was tough in the beginning.

I just now finished chapter two of LTS: Heirs of the First Revolution. I wrote pretty much two pages. What I wrote reaffirmed that I don't like dealing with a lot of characters.

So I'm pretty much 1/3 done with both of my goals.

I also learned that Katy Perry music can get distracting if one always dances and sings along to "Last Friday Night".

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Yep, quite bad, but I kinda thank that happened, I didn't liked how the story was going pretty much, and now I am liking what I read whenever I review it :D
As for the progress, I'm done with the first four chapters, currently around 4,000 thousand words, not even I can believe it :P

I also learned that Katy Perry music can get distracting if one always dances and sings along to "Last Friday Night".

It is, especially when you're listening to Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection. I hate you Katy Perry, it is because of your "TGIF" that I'm stuck in chapter V!

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Ngggh.

I have a small start on this as I have part of my first chapter for my story done. But most likely not getting to the bulk of everything until exams are over. >:C

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'm doing over my very small goal, but I do have exams this week, and then exam feedback and retreat the next.

But I'm averaging 300 words a day or so, and it's a great form of procrastination in terms of exam revision.

Bay

Years
So last night I posted one of the fics I wrote for this blitz, but won't link it because there's smut. XD Besides that the last couple days actually wrote a short piece NOT for the challenge, but unsure if it fits the prompt I'm going for (and went over the word count >.>; ). Also been trying to get started on both of my auction fics and wrote/change a bit, but that isn't going well due to real life stuff and distractions from online friends. :x Maybe today I might be able to get something done.

Back