The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Oh Bumi, I loved him so much

"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)

Last edited by GolurkIsDaBomb; June 4th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Nature: Docile
YES! FOO FOO CUDDLYPOOPS!

He is officially my favorite animal EVER.

But other than that....
turtle ducks

and
purple pentapus!

They're so cute and squishy! :D
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I love all the hybrids that they created. Each so unique but not too farfetched. My favorite is the lion-turtle though; such a giant, strong, gentle creature!
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
I was bloodbended to walk over here and join. ;_;

LOL yeah add me.

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
From a few posts back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
For the first series, I'd go with The Crossroads of Destiny for just ending probably the best book of the three with a bang. Katara and Zuko's interactions, Aang teaming up with Iroh, the old man and Azula being badass in general, twists here and there, I could just go on. I love that episode to bits, it started well, it ended very emotionally and just packed a lot of action scenes and bending that we all love.

For Korra, it has to be the most recent one, When Extremes Meet. Not saying why, but it was just a throwback to the badass antics of the original series when the whole team proves how epic they are in battle. All that coupled with twists, mystery and villainy, oh and less pro-bending. Don't get me wrong, I liked the sport, just not as much as regular bending fights. And speaking of regular bending fights, there's a whole lot in this episode, which is why I liked it so much.

As for the current discussion, favourite hybrids would be the badgermoles. They're really cool because they can Earthbend, and seemed docile in Toph's flashback. I'd like to pet one. Polar bear dogs come at a close second, though. For animals unique to the series, I simply love Appa, and flying bison in general.

Oh hi Netto. :D

@Jellicent:
Of course, that makes not joining even more abhorrent!
Although somehow I never doubted you'd make it here. /anyway off-topic again
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
TheFallenUmbreon
Dreams shall never fall...

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?

Old June 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

I think all the elements are equally lethal in combat, and I think they do a pretty good job portraying that.

Lighting = Razor Sharp Water Attack = Boulder = Air Blast Of Doom.

However, since the only airbending we've really seen is by Aang and like all airbenders he is a pacifist, airbending doesn't really appear as lethal as say fire-bending which is mostly portrayed in negative, violent connotations through ATLA and also a bit in LOK. The same is pretty true for earth bending. I really think it depends on the skill of the bender, if an extra technique is involved (lightening, metal, blood) or if the bender is trying to kill their opponent.

In terms of survival, I'd say waterbending since survival is all about adapting and that's pretty much the description of waterbending.
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?

Well from watching ATLA I would have to say that fire as an element is probably the most dangerous as they basically took over the whole world while Aang was out.
I think that the most lethal would have to be blood bending though as it gives basically total control over anyone which would definitely give you the advantage in combat.

I think earth or water would probably be the best for survival though so that'd probably be it.
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat?
Assuming everything is available, the combatants are at their peaks and have the moon/sun/comet/whatever for them, and any possible feat can be performed, then I'd say Waterbending. Bloodbending is just too much, I believe you can even morbidly disintegrate a person with it. D; It also stops the person's tracks, and disables you from performing bending movements, so even if you can spontaneously blow up people like Combustion Man, it can still be more easily avoided.

How about for Survival?
Ehh, I'll go with Firebending. Waterbending most of the time needs a sufficient water source in combat, and traditionally a full moon to perform Bloodbending. Earthbending also needs a source, and being rid of that pretty much screws you. That leaves Airbending, which could be weakened with thin air or vacuum, but I think its defensive nature and the mobility it gives can be good for survival. Firebending gets both offense and defense, I think, and being able to spontaneously produce flames makes a skilled user difficult to incapacitate. Unless sub-zero temperatures can affect them similar to not having a bending source (I think The Boiling Rock episode kinda proved that so I dunno).
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

It's hard to say between peak fire bending and peak water bending. Lightning has proven to be deadly if it strikes you. Aang would have died if Katara hadn't healed him immediately. On the other side of things, blood bending is insanely deadly. Being able to immobilize your opponent and cripple them is scary. I would say lightning wins out though because it is easier to access... Unless you're Tarrlok who can blood bend at will.
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:16 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Nature: Modest
I love Avatar (as you can probably tell).

~Harmony
Element: Air

As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Yes! I've always wondered this as well.

My thinking is that since airbenders aren't really represented a whole ton in either series that it just hasn't really been introduced since each team avatar hasn't met a ton of airbenders.

Remember though, in the original series, metal-bending/blood-bending were invented/known only to very few while manipulating lightning was only taught to the royals of the fire nation.

Plus, the thing mentioned above about how airbenders are pacifists. I'd never thought of that before!

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of the animals of the avatar world also voices the nefarious Tarrlock!

Last edited by GolurkIsDaBomb; June 9th, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, new members! Thank you kindly for joining. Be sure to tell all your Avatar-loving friends to swing by here! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)
<3 Foo Foo Cuddlypoops's easily my favorite hybrid of the series! He's just too adorable and unforgettable. Also, Sokka named him probably the most random pet name, too. :3

A:TLA Favorite Ep: Oh man there's so many amazing episodes. I did quite like the Northern Water Tribe end in Book 1. YuexSokka was so cute. Yue had an interesting (but sad!) backstory. I love the Yin Yang fishies... They're so melodic to watch. I like it when Aang combines forces with the ocean spirit. >:D
LOK Favorite Ep: I love 'And the Winner Is...' First, the announcer keeps talking even as the Equalists are ambushing the arena. Second, Pabu is such a cutie when he saves the gang! More importantly, I develop a newfound love for Lin. She's so epic in the last 5-10 minutes. I really love how she works together with Korra. LIN<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenUmbreon View Post
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?
Firebending, for me. You can still attack even if you're out of water or earth... You can also breathe it so in a desperate struggle, you don't need to 'bend' or motion it. Firebending does seem to be affected by mood, though?
For survival purposes, I see Waterbending as very helpful. You can heal yourself, I suppose reduce your chances of drowning, and travel on water. Water is everywhere. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Harmony View Post
As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.
I wonder about this a lot too... Is it possible to bend the air in a person's lungs? Crush the air around a person? Airbending can be deadly but I do like the creative (non-violent!) ways airbenders show off their powers - gliding and air spheres! You know how fast Tenzin got to the pro-bending arena when he found out Korra sneaked out to it? :o hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Harmony View Post
Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. :( Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link

And another preview: link

I CANNOT WAIT
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Joining!

Username: gunnerpow7
Element: Grass! Water! =3

What is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?

Um... I would say the whole Sozin's Comet arc and The Avatar and the Fire Lord.

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?

Turtle Ducks! They are so cute tbh... =3

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat? How about for survival?

I would say Fire for all. It is destructive in nature. It lingers, scars, and other things that I haven't mentioned.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:53 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link

And another preview: link

I CANNOT WAIT
The last line sums up my feelings EXACTLY. And the second preview struck more of a chord with me than the first one. TARRRRRRRRLLLLLLLOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to not like him, not like him
at all.

Also, I realized I do have another favorite episode from A:TLA Appa's Lost Days. *tearbends*

Which leads me to another question, what do you think was the saddest moment in either series?

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: The first season of korra is set to end on June 23, the day BW2 is released!

Last edited by GolurkIsDaBomb; June 9th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

JUNE 23RD YEAHH

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
Hmm I can't remember a particular sad scene, but I did feel for Aang when he discovered Monk Gyatso's fate. It truly sucks for someone's Aang's age to have to go through such turmoil. As for Korra, I find episodes more epic than sad, so far.

Episode 9! Oh lordy!
Spoiler:
Bloodbending is soooo super creepy aaa who's going to save Korra?!

Meelo is so adorable, lol.

I can't believe Tarrlok staged the whole thing and blamed the Equalists. x_x

Lin busts out the gang! OMFG bolin hahaha omfg

OLDER TOPH AND AANG TWINKLETOES

You should be in the hospital and you should be in prison... rofl Tenzin.

Oh my lord they're kinda on a wild goose chase. x_x So painful to watch them all be heroic when Korra's not even underground.

Oh man Mako is kind of too noticeable... Why did Asami tell you, Bolin?

I'm so glad Tenzin figured it out D; OMG rude, Tarrlok. Wahh why does Tarrlok have LOK in his name? >.<

how did they get so much done in 12 minutes lol? :3

Sokka on the council! So... are the criminal and Aang bloodbending? BLAH

Thank goodness for that assistant... HOLY BUCKETS OF WATER

OMG Aang took his bending away... :x!

HOLY AMON

Korra is so smart omg Amon what you gonna do girl

now this is sad ;____;

Last edited by Lilith; June 9th, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Ahhhh! This episode! I'll just put my thoughts since TwilightBlade summed it up

Spoiler:

Yay korra! You're finally getting closer to the avatar state! And the voice-actors for the older versions of the Aang Gaang were good, they still had the same tone in their voice. How is the bloodbending every day thing working? Answers needed! Who is Amon, and how come Tarrlock wasn't working with him? Good job snowboarding korra, lol. Aww Naga! lol Bolin and poor Asami!
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

You call that a summary? I was mostly squealing..

Spoiler:
The voice overs were good too.

I had thought Aang was bloodbending too a bit, judging from the way he raised his hand. Now, I believe only Yakone was bloodbending during that whole flashback.

Tarrlok had his own weird agenda, but Amon took his bending away. Uh oh!

The whole trial flashback showed us that a 'unique bender' can arise. Yakone magically developed the ability to bloodbend (without the full moon) the same way Amon magically developed the ability to take away bending forever? magical magical ?? Amon is a bender...? Did Aang teach anyone. You're right, we have a lot of questions. D;

Tarrlok cannot support Amon, because Tarrlok's daddy had his bending removed... Umm! No wonder Tarrlok looked enraged when Korra compared him to Amon.

EDIT: WAIT. Aang took Tarrlok's dad's bending away, so that's why Tarrlok is against Avatar Korra...?

Last edited by Lilith; June 9th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Falling Wishes
"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."

Username: Falling Wishes
Element: Earth <3
I would watch The Last Airbender before Korra all the time, I thought the show was superb! But when Korra came out, it was MIND BLOWING! And now they have steel bending and O_O Blood bending! Here's a picture of my favorite character!

Last edited by Falling Wishes; June 9th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Nature: Docile
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

Old June 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Wow... today's episode. So awesome... I'm still impressed and I want more!

Spoiler:
WHAAAAA?! Either Amon is in avatar state or he has no blood in his body. I don't know what going on. WOW!

I like how Korra gets memories of Aang instead talking to him like it was with Aang's visions.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Spoiler:
Quote:
Aang took Tarrlok's dad's bending away, so that's why Tarrlok is against Avatar Korra...?

I think Tarrlok was just trying to gain power by taking over the council, and that he was against Korra cuz she was getting in his way. I also like how it was Amon who came to Korra's rescue. How did he get there so quickly? I have a feeling the spirits are involved, with Tarrlock's special power and with Amon's.

And who has the bright idea to let the kid of an evil special bloodbender on the council that controls the capital of the avatar world?!

*I'm half-joking with the previo
us sentence. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly no matter what their parentage. *Grumble*

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: Toph'es bending style was based on Chu Gar Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, while all other earthbenders earbending was based on Hu Gar Kung Fu

Last edited by GolurkIsDaBomb; June 9th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
asfdsdgds avatar club <3

I'd love to join;
Username: Lapras*
Element: Air

I am literally so excited for next week's episode. needmorekorra.
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:56 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

This week episode was great!
Spoiler:

Okay so Korra FINALLY had a spiritual connection.. thing with Aang and he showed her what happened before! That was cool, it was also cool to see how awesome Aang had gotten as he had gotten older, all like Kabammmo!
I think its good that Turlock lost his bending but saying that.. WHAT THE HELL IS AMON! Hes just like, bloodbending, PFFT come at me bro, oh wait you can't tots just stole your bending from you. Suck it. It was epic.
Also Korra x Mako yays, so cute at the end but Asami is getting epic jealous!!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here