The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Slasher X
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Slasher X
I checked wesleyfg's website and weavile and sneasel are not marked in the pokedex. How do you edit the evolutions ash493? I tried YAPE but it doesn't work because it doesn't support LP? Unless you are editing the original ruby rom instead of patching the .ips to it and leaving them seperate?
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Can someone send me the latest patched rom in English?
I tried to edit some evolution values and moves in YAPE and now my game crashes whenever I run into a wild pokemon
PM me your mail address i will send you the patched ROM. Hope that works.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark pokemon View Post
how do I get into MT. Vulcan to deliver the super repel. The guy is blocking the way
Use walkthrough walls if you cannot make that guy disappear by normal meanings.
Mt. Vulcan has kinda messed up flags so it can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher X View Post
I checked wesleyfg's website and weavile and sneasel are not marked in the pokedex. How do you edit the evolutions ash493? I tried YAPE but it doesn't work because it doesn't support LP? Unless you are editing the original ruby rom instead of patching the .ips to it and leaving them seperate?
First you need to edit LP's header to the same header as normal Ruby by using RHEA.
And editing the original Ruby won't help you since it would not be present in the "patched" ROM
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:16 AM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
its possible to evolve haunter without trading?

If yes, how?

Sorry i tried to search but couldnt find it
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptshady View Post
its possible to evolve haunter without trading?

If yes, how?

Sorry i tried to search but couldnt find it
I think Haunter is one in-game trade so no, it's not possible to evolve it by other meanings.
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Slasher X
Beginning Trainer

It worked like a charm, thanks alot ash493! Also, ptshady, if you want you could edit the evolutions in the game?
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
ok thanks ash493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher X View Post
It worked like a charm, thanks alot ash493! Also, ptshady, if you want you could edit the evolutions in the game?
yup, i will have to do it that way :D
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
xRealMisakiTakahashi
Pokemon Rulez!!!

Nature: Gentle
I love this game, amazing graphics, and really fun to play with. So far I got no problems with this hack for myself. I feel like you should have won the hack of the year award, and got 1st place instead of second place!!!

Old June 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dennisaur
Poke Master, For real!

I've tried searching but I cant find any answers!!!

I decided to keep training my pokemon after the teamsteam cutscene and when i try to return to fight those it's it has the same people from the cutscene standing around. I tried putting on the uniform, but nothing happens , I can't talk to anyone and it sucks!!! Help me!!! Now I can't figt the 8th gym leaddduhh
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRealMisakiTakahashi View Post
I love this game, amazing graphics, and really fun to play with. So far I got no problems with this hack for myself. I feel like you should have won the hack of the year award, and got 1st place instead of second place!!!
My friend... if you had played the Life of Guardians you would have known that unfortunately LP had no chance to win
But it may win the next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisaur View Post
I decided to keep training my pokemon after the teamsteam cutscene and when i try to return to fight those it's it has the same people from the cutscene standing around. I tried putting on the uniform, but nothing happens , I can't talk to anyone and it sucks!!! Help me!!! Now I can't figt the 8th gym leaddduhh
I have no idea what the problem is so can you explain it again preferably with screenshots?
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

My PokeMarts don't sell pokeballs... Only ultra balls.. Help

Edit: Also, I messed up the event with the guy who's meant to give you the Dratini and I accidentally said no, am I able to re-activate the event?

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!

Last edited by PokeLordAndrew; June 5th, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:17 AM
RobbieNewton

Never mind, was using wrong thing
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:

Edit: Also, I messed up the event with the guy who's meant to give you the Dratini and I accidentally said no, am I able to re-activate the event?
Ultra Balls are meant to be sold instead of other balls.

No, you cannot. Once you say no, you can't re-activate it again.
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:20 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:

Be careful with those guys who give you free pokes because there ard also other NPC who will not ask you again like that Dratini NPC.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
nasversix
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to nasversix
Well the SS looks promising.Might as well try it.

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
boopin
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Um, this game isn't working. I tried multiple things too, like a straight GBA file from some website.
When I mount the IPS file to Ruby, then turn on the VBA, all I get is a white screen.
So, I thought I just had to change the save type to 128, and that didn't even work.

I really want to play this game, is there any way I can get this game to work? Did I download the wrong beta? =(
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM
jradams11
Beginning Trainer

Hello Pokecommunity!

I seems I unwittingly missed my chance at a Dieno in Pokemon Light Platinum. Does anyone know how I might go about using some sort of gameshark code to make up for this mistake, or am I basically up a creek?

Thanks
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Slasher X
Beginning Trainer

boopin, I think you have got a version 1.1 rom, to fix this,
First download a clean Pokemon Ruby, Second Download Lunar IPS patcher. Third download Pokemon Light Platinum ips file. Fourth patch the original ruby file with the
ips file. That should be it!

Last edited by DrFuji; June 10th, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Too much detail on how to download a ROM
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
Hello Pokecommunity!

I seems I unwittingly missed my chance at a Dieno in Pokemon Light Platinum. Does anyone know how I might go about using some sort of gameshark code to make up for this mistake, or am I basically up a creek?

Thanks
Clear the flag that has been set.
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
dragonzftw
Beginning Trainer

Okay I have like a ton of questions, firstly when I run Pokemon light platinum do I insert the ruby rom into the vba? or light platinum?
Than if I insert the Ruby rom into the VBA how do I get it not to have a white screen?
Third How do I get the whole game in English, because I have used an English IPS patcher and it made like some of the game English while the rest was in Spanish.
Also could someone put like a screen shot of what their folder of Pokemon light platinum looks like (if possible)
Last but probably one of the questions I really want to know is when your pokemon learn new moves is it based off the third generations levels or the fifth generation? (kind of confusing but if I am asked ill try and simplify)
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
ADLFM14
Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
hey wesley did you make the map tiles like trees buildings and others by your own or you brought them from another game and by the way this the most epic hack I've ever played keep up the good work and wish me good luck on my hack and thnx :D
Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzftw View Post
Okay I have like a ton of questions, firstly when I run Pokemon light platinum do I insert the ruby rom into the vba? or light platinum?
Than if I insert the Ruby rom into the VBA how do I get it not to have a white screen?
Third How do I get the whole game in English, because I have used an English IPS patcher and it made like some of the game English while the rest was in Spanish.
Also could someone put like a screen shot of what their folder of Pokemon light platinum looks like (if possible)
Last but probably one of the questions I really want to know is when your pokemon learn new moves is it based off the third generations levels or the fifth generation? (kind of confusing but if I am asked ill try and simplify)
I'm not gonna answer anything regarding white screen if you are lazy to search in this thread =)
Movesets are pretty much random, they mostly follow 3rd gen, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLFM14 View Post
hey wesley did you make the map tiles like trees buildings and others by your own or you brought them from another game and by the way this the most epic hack I've ever played keep up the good work and wish me good luck on my hack and thnx :D
Everything has been made by Wes himself
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
N.P
| Alone In The Trust |

Nature: Lonely
A bug from this hack that make me quite angry is the bug at Mt.Draken after Lauren league, it makes me can't enter Mt.Draken so I can't capture Trio Bird (although I met all other legends). What a terrible thing. =="
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
timebroken
Beginning Trainer

Edit: I've tried twice now, and I can't get the hack working. It just gives me a grey screen. I've patched a few other ROMS, and they've worked perfectly, so I can assume that the patching isn't the problem. I'm guessing the English version either has a bug, or that the Ruby ROM I'm using isn't up-to-par. I've only patched FireRed ROMs, so my Ruby ROM could very well be the problem. I see that some other people have has this problem, but I haven't found a fix to it yet. Thanks for any help.

I'm looking forward to playing this hack. It looks really nice. Thanks for all the effort you put into this. I feel like I'm really going to enjoy it.

Last edited by DrFuji; June 13th, 2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Saying where to get ROMs
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
dragonzftw
Beginning Trainer

[QUOTE=Ash493;7212991][FONT="Calibri"][COLOR="Red"][B]
I'm not gonna answer anything regarding white screen if you are lazy to search in this thread =)
Movesets are pretty much random, they mostly follow 3rd gen, though.

Okay thank you personally that was really the only question I wanted to know because thats how I know I havent messed up in the installation of the game
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links