The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 6th, 2012, 02:44 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Hi all, I have been developing a game in Unity for the last month and I feel as though I have made good progress, enough to show the game off and seek feedback. This game is a top down shooter, it is full 3D and is updated daily. Here is a video explaining the game and my hopes/plans for the game's future.

Right now there is no story, there may never be one. this it just a kill em' all Top Down Shooter. Here is a quick todo/planned features list
  • Add 50 Waves[5%]
  • Add Power-Ups
  • Update EnemyAI to AdvancedAI
  • Add LeaderBoards
  • Add Achievements
  • Add more Enemies
  • Add Pause Menu
  • Fix Enemy SpawnLocations script

This is just a short list of things I plan to do that i can think of off the top of my head I'll constantly be updating my website as well as this post

There is a demo below, hopefully it wont get removed
Demo - Play Now!

Also you can check my signature for the link to my website.

If you play the demo please take the time to post your feedback so I can keep the demo active and help make this a better game.

Last edited by KingCharizard; June 11th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
KingCharizard

Demo Updated now includes two power ups, shields and health.. Also spawn script has been updated and the player model has been changed a bit.. check my website in my signature for more info
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
KingCharizard

Wow no love no advice no nothing, I woulda thought a 3d game would get some kinda attention here..
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Don't feel so bad. non-pokemon games don't really get that much attention.
and its hard to tell that it's a fully 3D game- fixed camera and all.

it looks interesting enough, but does seem overly simplistic. due to the fact it's an arena based top-down shooter.

imo; if you really want to take it to the next level, it might be better to expand it into a Level Based game. have a large somewhat maze like level with puzzles and whatnot. keycards or whatever. enemies wondering around the place. objectives and a boss at the end of the level or something like that.

basically, im imagining a DOOM1 like level design, but as a top down shooter.

and keep the game as it currently is as a Hoard/Survival type mode.
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
KingCharizard

Quote:
imo; if you really want to take it to the next level, it might be better to expand it into a Level Based game. have a large somewhat maze like level with puzzles and whatnot. keycards or whatever. enemies wondering around the place. objectives and a boss at the end of the level or something like that.
Thanks for this and I was actually concidering this.. making it more like a city intead of a arena. I have to change the way the Enemies spawn but Yeah your idea(Minus the puzzles and keycards) is exactly what I was thinking this game needed and the puzzles and key card ideas could be interesting thanks DarkDoom
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here