The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Bewbs/Whoopi
Eelektross
Unova
Black
88-97
Legit
Items were used.
Held Leftovers
~ Thunderbolt
~ Crunch
~ Acrobatics
~ Double Team

On the first time with Eelektross I nearly made it to the Hall Of Fame, but got defeated by Alder at the final hurdle. Managed to defeat Alder again by changing my moveset for eelektross.

Fanfiction

Last edited by bewbs; May 7th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

And bewbs did it again! But just to make sure, your Eelektross leveled up... 11 TIMES!!! Is this right or a typo?
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:43 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
So I was looking around on my ROMS and found my level 100 Nidoking, so I decided to go ahead and do this with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_zv...ature=youtu.be
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
And bewbs did it again! But just to make sure, your Eelektross leveled up... 11 TIMES!!! Is this right or a typo?
Bad typo on my part.

On the first time , I stared at level 88, and when I lost to Alder the first time Eelektross was at level 92. Second try was when I defeated Alder it went to level 97. It's one I got from a trade.

Fanfiction

Last edited by bewbs; May 7th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbs View Post
Bad typo on my part.

On the first time , I stared at level 88, and when I lost to Alder the first time Eelektross was at level 92. Second try was when I defeated Alder it went to level 97. It's one I got from a trade.
Alright, registered! If I got anything wrong, please say so.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_dip...ature=youtu.be

Yar, done with Gengar on Silver. No hax, just playin some other challenges and happened to be able to do this.
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

I may as well post the two solo run videos I have. Both are with Weedle, items used, pokemon obtained legitly, Kirby is username in both games.

LeafGreen Lv. 90: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgB6N0ZdG2Q&feature=plcp
Sapphire Lv. 91: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDm8tqhCZqc
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

@myrrhman: Alright1 your down An impressive eat considering your Gengar's level.

@SuperKirbyFan
One thing that worried me. To do this challenge, you are supposed to beat them consecutavily without loss. So, if you get killed at any point during the 4, you have to start of. No saving and then re-trying until you win. I'm led to this conclusion because mostly because of what you said~ "While most of the time I played on a GBA, for this video I recorded it using the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so I could play on my TV. This was really hard actually, even though the Elite 4 was super-easy. Multiple times I got critical'd by Pidgeot and had to restart. On Arcanine, I can only OHKO him if I get a critical hit. I had to keep restarting every time I didn't, since he OHKO's me with Flamethrower. One time I beat him, and then Blastoise used Rain Dance before he ran out of Hydro Pumps so I lost."
You mentioned losing a restarting. By restarting, do you mean starting from the 1st member all over again, or re-starting from a saved point?
Please be honest.
Anyhow, your Sapphire run is passed through. But, did you hack-in the weedle? Or trade it. "It would've, but in Emerald the game won't let me trade in a Weedle egg." Leads me to believe you hacked it in. Please verify, thanks!
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
MDL
The Headstrong Rookie

Nature: Relaxed
MDL/Zachary
Dragonite
Johto
SoulSilver
84-87
Legit
Items were used
Held Dragon Fang
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Punch
~ Rock Slide
~ Outrage

It felt pretty awesome.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

Quote:
@myrrhman: Alright1 your down An impressive eat considering your Gengar's level.

@SuperKirbyFan
One thing that worried me. To do this challenge, you are supposed to beat them consecutavily without loss. So, if you get killed at any point during the 4, you have to start of. No saving and then re-trying until you win. I'm led to this conclusion because mostly because of what you said~ "While most of the time I played on a GBA, for this video I recorded it using the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube so I could play on my TV. This was really hard actually, even though the Elite 4 was super-easy. Multiple times I got critical'd by Pidgeot and had to restart. On Arcanine, I can only OHKO him if I get a critical hit. I had to keep restarting every time I didn't, since he OHKO's me with Flamethrower. One time I beat him, and then Blastoise used Rain Dance before he ran out of Hydro Pumps so I lost."
You mentioned losing a restarting. By restarting, do you mean starting from the 1st member all over again, or re-starting from a saved point?
Please be honest.
Anyhow, your Sapphire run is passed through. But, did you hack-in the weedle? Or trade it. "It would've, but in Emerald the game won't let me trade in a Weedle egg." Leads me to believe you hacked it in. Please verify, thanks!
I didn't realize saving and restarting between members was not allowed. That is what I did. I didn't hack in either Weedle. The point of that comment was that in Emerald, there are trade restrictions. In Emerald you can't trade in a non-Hoenn pokemon until after the league. In Ruby/Sapphire you can. So, I traded an egg into Sapphire right at the start of the game. The Sapphire Weedle is actually a son of the LeafGreen Weedle.
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

MDL
Haha, nice! I'm sure it did. By the way, sorta suprised there are so many Silvers, but no Golds, huh :p

SuperKirbyFan
"-You must do so in one setting; no saving in between trainers. And if you do save, it will not count. This is to prevent people from saving before, and losing over and over until they win. This is not allowed. You must defeat them all in a row without losing. No saving in-between members." -Rules
Sorry, but that's to prevent exactly what you did, which is restarting over and over until you win, which is bound to happen at some point or another. This is a straight run through, no restarting. Sorry ._.
P.S. lol, interesting Weedle heritage. Well played sir, well played
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:43 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Speaking of no golds, here's 3 golds that I did.

The first one is Xatu legitly obtained, level 64-67, items used. He held an Exp. Share (not ideal lol, but I was using it for a different challenge. Moves were Fly, Giga Drain, Psychic, and Teleport (lol, don't know why I still have tp).
Second is Politoed, again, legitly obtained with items used. Level 56-60. He held a nevermeltice. Moves were Surf, Strength, Ice Punch, and Psychic. Wish I could have EQ instead of Strength.
And lastly we have Meganium, level 52-57. Definitely the hardest to do, not a very good move selection. Went with Razor Leaf, Iron Tail, Earthquake, and Body Slam. Meganium couldn't one hit many Pokemon, but he could at least 2 hit most of them. Once again, legitly obtained, items used.

My name was A for all three of these Pokemon, as they're all from the same game. Now to hop over and beat Red real quick.

Here's a video of me doing them. If you have a problem with the music, then deal with it, its all I felt like finding. First one is an awesome remix I found, second is something my best friend wrote for me, third and fourth are repeats, and fifth is the extended Yugioh themesong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mMwC...ature=youtu.be
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
freerider
your next challenger

name- Mitch (freerider)
Typhlosion level 86 nicknamed B.B.Q.
Moves:
Fire Punch
flame wheel
flamethrower
cut

Johto (after defeating Red)

game - Gold

no items

legit, twas my starter

did it about 20 times to get to 100 then once I did I did a cut only run through the league, no items again (other than I think one elixer)
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:27 AM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Here's one I did about two weeks ago. Getting ninetales with energy ball did the trick.
Bewbs/Whoopi, Ninetales, Unova, Black, Level 100, Legit and items used.

Edit: I did it again with Meganium. The last battle with Alder was so intense. Almost didn't make it.
Bewbs/Whoopi, Meganium, Unova, Black, Level 100, legit and items used.
~ Leech Seed
~ Toxic
~ Light Screen
~ Earthquake

Fanfiction

Last edited by bewbs; May 25th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Sorry you 2, I had been gone for a while (and I'll be gone for 4 weeks soon).

Freerider - Congrats! But can I know the level you did it (or the lowest you can truely remember) without items, and the lowest with? You didn't specify, you just said "up to 100". But othewise, well done

bewbs - Ok, nicely done!
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
In Blue - Blastoise think final level was 72 only pokemon used in game
gold/sliver/crystal - Ferlagator - 65 was final level - only pokemon used in game
Old June 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM
adrianyogi
Beginning Trainer

-Username: AdrianYogi / Adrian, in-game.
-Pokemon: Blaziken
-League: Hoenn
-(Saphire)
-Level: 100
-Totally legit, I found my old cartride and that baby was there :D
-Items: 5 Full Restore and PP Restorers

Moveset:
-Strenght
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Sky Upercut(Probably the one that helped me the most)

It was rather simple. :D Thanks for this challenge! :D
Current Team:

Nuzlocke Challenge
Game: SoulSilver
Current Team:
Dxel(F)Trobita(F)
GEODUDE(F)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

@- AdrianD
Ok, thanks, but I'm simply going to need more info. Even though you just "think", I'd let it slide. But I need to know if you used item, if they were legit (though it seems they were), which game exactly, your in-game name, the level they begun on when they started; the rules state this.

@- adrianyogi
Alright, thanks a lot! Grats! And I must say, you had it sorta easy seeing how you're super effective against your Champion xD
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Kirbin
Beginning Trainer

Username/ In-game name: Kirbin
Version: Red
Pokemon: Blastoise( Used only him the whole game)
Used no items
Here's a video of me facing the Elite Four and champ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbooP...feature=relmfu

Here's Johto With Typhlosion Against the Elite Four(He was Holding Charcoal and used a Hyper Potion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX0DhIlx2-w

And here's him facing Red(Still using charcoal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8B2t4koFq0&feature=plcp

Here's Hoenn With Blaziken vs the Elite 4 no items used first playthrough (Sorry about the speed but it makes editing and uploading so much easier)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vIqh0NdY4&feature=plcp

Now here's Blaziken facing Steven No items used Tentacool is for waterfall and surf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0gE95piA4&feature=plcp

Last edited by Kirbin; June 13th, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Sorry guys (Kirbin) I just came back from a week long camp. Also, in a few days I'm heading to Africa for 4 weeks (). So I may be a little bit behind, mh apologies. But, I'll be back!
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Sonicmon
Noob Trainer(New)

Nature: Relaxed
Pokécommunity Usernameonicmon
Pokémon:Zoroark
League:Unova
Moves:Nasty Plot,Night Daze,Foul Play,Flamethrower.
Level:100

The toughest one was grimsley's Sharpedo,because he is Dark/Water,and Zoroark only Knows Dark/Fire
Moves.

Pokécommunity Usernameonicmon
Pokémon:Zoroark
League:Unova
Moves:Nasty Plot,Night Daze,Foul Play,Flamethrower.
Level:100

The toughest one was grimsley's Sharpedo,because he is Dark/Water,and Zoroark only Knows Dark/Fire
Moves.

Excited for Pokémon Black 2!

Last edited by Sonicmon; June 27th, 2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Nature: Jolly
Hey all,

Interesting challenge, and then even more interest in the whole hacking debate. Personally, I see nothing wrong with hacking in a pokemon at low levels duing a game, I have done so myself for games I want to play but do not actually own (eg. Crystal, Emerald, Diamond). It's mostly just to try a game out with pokemon you normally wouldn't have the chance to do so with.

But that's besides the point.

I posted because I want to take this challenge. I've actually completed this multiple times on my Soul Silver cartridge with my Mamoswine (Maman) because I attach Exp Shares to the other pokemon in my party that I'm trying to train haha. I'll go through it again with no others in the team, and maybe even no Shell Bell held. Here is the moveset I use though:

Maman the Mamoswine
lvl 100
Can't remember nature
Earthquake/Avalanche/Ice Shard/Rock Slide

I can actually defeat Red as well, but only if Blastoise crits from Earthquake/misses with Hydro Pump. I'll do a run through again when I have a moments and post up some pictures.

Since my Soul Silver cartridge has a full pokedex of 493 (all legally obtained either from importing from old games/trading over wifi) I could potentially try and do this with almost any pokemon. So I reckon I'm going to do it again with Maman and then find some other pokemon to attempt it with.

Anyway, mamoswineFTW (or as Myrrhman puts it sometimes, mamoswineWTF) out

EDIT: Completed this challenge with Maman, my favourite Mamoswine. Tried on 4 separate occasions to go through without items, but Lance's Salamence followed by Gyarados, both with Intimidate, meant that at -2 Attack I just couldn't defeat him.

I eventually just went for a run with items, and had little to no issue. Shell Bell was attached to mitigate what little damage I received during the run, and I only used 2 X.Attacks and 1 Hyper Potion during the fight against Lance. I've uploaded pics taken with my phone, apologies for the poor quality.

Now I just need to choose a new pokemon to train up and then use. I'm considering a special attacker - any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1317.jpg‎ (996.5 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_1318.jpg‎ (1,017.7 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_1320.jpg‎ (1.01 MB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_1321.jpg‎ (1.01 MB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by mamoswineftw; July 1st, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

Nature: Brave
This was a fun challenge. Here's my stats:
PokéCommunity Username: Ravenfreak
In-Game Username: RED????
Pokémon: Venusaur
League: Kanto
Game: Blue
Level: 74
Items: Used
I might try it again once Katie, my Venusaur is at a higher level so that way I don't have to use items. I made it pretty far without using them, after battling Agatha I had to heal. :\

Challenges completed:
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue final Level:70
Defeat the Elite Four + Champion with 1 Pokemon!-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue Level:74
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Swampert in Ruby Level:67
Love Sonic the hedgehog? Come join The Final Zone today!
http://thefinalzone.org/
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Sorry guys (Kirbin) I just came back from a week long camp. Also, in a few days I'm heading to Africa for 4 weeks (). So I may be a little bit behind, mh apologies. But, I'll be back!
Well, I'm back now. However, I had for the next multiple of weeks after Africa, events as well. Only a week ago have I really come back. And I sorta forgto about htis. My bad! Sorry for keeping this dead so long. I'll start catching it up ASAP. My apologies, and let the challenging go on!
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:23 PM
LeCheesecake
Beginning Trainer

-Username: LeCheesecake
-In game name: Ti
-Pokemon: Arbok
-League: Unova
-Game: Pokemon White
-Level: 96 at start
-Obtained legit from Gen 4 as an Ekans
-Items: used! Of course! A lot of Full Restores and a few PP healers.

Why Arbok? It's my favourite Pokemon of the first few generations, I wanted a challenge, and out to prove that it's not just a joke from the anime! =P Focused on Attack and Special Defense EVs because Coil doesn't cover for special threats. Pretty much used Coil to set up a powerful and accurate sweep at the start of the fight, using Dragon Tail to bat away premature threats. To be honest, any person would have creamed Arbok but thankfully the AI has limited imagination.

Edit: Moves were Coil, Gunk Shot, Earthquake and Dragon Tail

Last edited by LeCheesecake; September 10th, 2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Forgot my moves. n_n
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links