The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Will the English version of b2w2 correspond with the English dub anime? If so then the games should be released mid october.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Will the English version of b2w2 correspond with the English dub anime? If so then the games should be released mid october.
There is a possibility of that, yes. That kinda stands with my, "we'll see when the game is released in Japan." statement earlier.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:06 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Most of the time the anime comes before the games, so it's highly proable that we will see them in mid october, possibly around the 15th-20th is my guess.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:21 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.
My birthday's October 2nd, so I'm hoping for around that time as well, so I can ask for it as a birthday present ;)
PM
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
Based on websites dates and popular belief, I think they will come to the shelves in late September-early October IMO. The games would help Gamefreak especially to be that near to Christmas.
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.
Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.

Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?
Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.
That was the one, so if you go by that perhaps they will get B2W2 earlier like BW and KH 3D. For some reason Europe seems to be quicker at localizing games than North America these days... my guess it'll proably be a week to two weeks earlier than us. Australia will proably get it a week after...
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm hoping Europe get it earlier than the US again, it was a nice surprise and it would make sence considering it would be following in the pattern of BW. We might see that B2W2 gets released October 4th in Europe & October 6th in US as it did in March for BW.

Team αlpha
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Don't really want much of a time difference between the releases, tbh. Like really, having to wait six days after the original B/W release was hard enough. I feel like, it'll probably be two days between each country, so effectively we'd have an Australian release four days after which'll be great. :3 I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(
They always do. ;;
But, I would expect them to do it in the fall, of course, they could very well release it internationally the very next weekend/day. Who's to know?

Hopefully there just isn't a huge time difference. I'm more than certain that they've begun translating and are probably more than 90% done with the translations of the games, now they just have to begin the marketing campaign for it. So with all of that in mind, I really wouldn't be surprised if it takes about a month later.

Of course, then again they could have begun translating the moment Japan finished the game, sent out the coding and whatnot, and they are actually done with all of the translating and the processing and the marketing, and are just waiting for Japan to release theirs. In which case I could see them release it just a few days after.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Even if it's out in the UK first, we're just days after, so it's not too bad.

I find it funny, though, that it doesn't take long to translate a game and fix bugs from an original release, but they take absolutely forever to actually release it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mikachu
~Cosplayer~

Nature: Brave
A worker at gamestop told me it'd be released mid/late October
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachu View Post
A worker at gamestop told me it'd be released mid/late October
Worker's at Gamestop will only tell you personal opinions or what their print out tells you. All stores and Websites that can Pre Order games right now will tell you sometime in October. That's not an official date though.
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Community Supporter

When do you guys think an official release date will be announced anyways? Wasn't BW's announced around January or so?
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:51 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
When do you guys think an official release date will be announced anyways? Wasn't BW's announced around January or so?
I think it will be before the release in Japan so sometime in early June I'd say, if not then just shortly after I mean it's only 3/4 months away for our release so I can't see them holding out much longer.

Team αlpha
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:23 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

I still got my bets on anywhere from late September to mid October. Everything is pointing towards around that date.
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Community Supporter

Well September and October all generally seen as the main months of Fall, usually nothing comes out in the last month of a season so it's reasonable to assume it'll be around those months.
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

how many months apart was the BW japan release from the BW american release?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
how many months apart was the BW japan release from the BW american release?
The US & European release dates are branded as "Fall 2012" so that could be anywhere between September - November, I'm putting money on October or late September so 3-5 months later.

Team αlpha
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was
We're lucky it's Autumn 2012, it's usually 5-7 months for the translation to be complete which would mean a 2013 release at the latest, the gap is much smaller which is great IMO.

Team αlpha
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links