The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
If Brycen isn't a leader then i have a strong feeling he will take part in the story, people seem to forget he told us the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom in the first place, but between him and clay it's kind of tied with me cause I really like them both.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Clay is so amazing, shame on y'all! @MRAS - Why would Brycen determine whether or not he's a Gym Leader anyway?

I'd prefer Clay to keep his spot rather than Brycen anyway; his character was a lot more outgoing.
Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWolfiekins View Post
Needs more Dark and Bug gyms yo =P
Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.
Don't give up! D;
They haven't ALL been announced yet! I'm still rootin' for a Dark Gym. But if not, as long as they have Clay, I'm Gucci. But really, if Drayden has moved on to being an E4 member and Iris is a Gym Leader, I'm gonna be a little irritated that it's going to be G/S/C, HG/SS all over again.
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Nooo. u_u
A Dark-type Gym is very unlikely at this point. Maybe next gen?

But yeah so far we have five Gym Leaders (technically four) fighting for three spots.
Why not just have all ten though? Heh, screw the magical eight.
  • Cheren
  • Homika
  • Shizui
  • Burgh
  • Elesa
  • Clay
  • Skyla
  • Brycen
  • Iris/Drayden
I believe they'll go with it at that order, too. Give or take a few. Shizui can be relocated to a later Gym but he always stood out for me as an early Gym, I don't know why. Also, we aren't really sure that the player character will go about the region in the same path as the BW protags, so maybe the old Gym Leaders returning can switch around in order, too. But yeah regarding the current surplus of Gym Leaders, if no one becomes an Elite Four member then I'm leaning towards Brycen retiring and opening his spot. :(
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Well yeah so far gen V has really switched up the order of what normally happens so with the introduction of new leaders they technically could skip the tradition of eight, given how they changed the e4.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Id prefer it if there were 10, it would make the games even more separated from the others and it would be more challenging, as unlikely as it is it's still possible.

Old June 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Ten gyms would be so fun! D:
That'd be a neat little thing to do. It seems that the anime MIGHT (don't quote me on it) be heading into that direction, as well. Maybe, idk. If Ash is going to be battling Homika, Shizui, AND Drayden for a Gym battle, I could see us having ten badges and ten gyms in the next game!
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

I agree, ten would be great (it'll be like Ash in the anime as mentioned by...)
If they do this I hope that the later gym leaders have more than three to make them even more challenging.
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
SouKoLian9102
That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SouKoLian9102
Hopefully it's not just me, but I hate that the last few gyms have only 3 Pokemon. Not much of a challenge, is it? OGod plsplspls let the later gyms have more Pokemon...
I'm confused about Brycen. Is he going to have a single role in PokeWood or is he also going to be the gym leader? Truth be told I don't really like him... + I want a Dark Gym sooo bad.
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Not very much, but Shizui has three pokemon on his team. It don't help very much however, considering the first Unova had mainly only three or less Pokemon on the gym leaders team.
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Azure
Community Supporter

I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.

Old June 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.
These new gyms do need versatility, which BW did lack. So, I agree completely with you.
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

If Shizui is fourth or seventh or eighth which are the positions I think he has a chance at then our hopes for more than three Pokemon aren't looking too good since he only has three pokemon in the trailers...
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah I don't think it's gunna change from the 3 we saw in the trailer. :x If 3 is the standard if every gym that'll just make the possible rematches much more interesting, since they allow for many more changes in the teams.
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Community Supporter

^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.
It's fairly unlikely at this point, but it could still happen. Bearing in mind that so far we only know of five confirmed gym leaders, leaving a possible maximum of three entirely new gym leaders (although this is unlikely, as mentioned). Burgh, Clay, Brycen and Drayden/Iris may not make comebacks at all. I remember someone earlier in the thread mentioning that Burgh's gym badge curves downwards at a sharper angle than the silhouette of the third badge in the picture of Cheren giving you the basic badge. Chances are it probably is Burgh's badge, but you never know.

If Grimsley is confirmed to remain a member of the E4, I think the chances of a Dark type gym are essentially eliminated.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Community Supporter

In one of the recent trailers they showed Opelucid city (Black version) so chances are that Drayden and Iris might be returning (then again that doesn't really mean they will be gym leaders seeing how they show Clay's city on the map).
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Azure
Community Supporter

Well the fact that Drayden appeared in the anime makes me think that he may be returning in the actual games, whether that be as a gym leader or not I don't know. He could have easily upgraded to an Elite Four Member or even Champion, it does suit him after all.

Old June 8th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Esper

Even if he appears in the anime it doesn't mean that he'll necessarily appear in the game. But if it does it could simply be in a role similar to the professor, to give you information and help you out.

I do think it would be better to see him in the E4 though.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Azure
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!
I'm pretty sure they will be, I was kinda surprised they were excluded from Black & White but they usually save the rematches for the third game so hopefully there will be.

Old June 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm hoping for Gym Leader rematches given that Homika is the second Gym Leader yet she has a Garbodor in the anime.

I agree with Jellicent, she might have a Trubbish along with Koffing is this was the case.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...
There's two games so I'm pretty sure Iris and Drayden will be the last Gym Leader, the one varying on which game you get. I mean why wouldn't they do that?

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here