The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Well, seeing as Meloetta is #299 in the Unova dex, I believe we might be seeing Genesect in the game as well as Pokemon #300.
What comes to my mind is maybe we'll venture more into detail about Genesect's history, since it was modified by Team Plasma. Maybe GF will include its original form in the game? That's the only Pokemon I can think of that fits the part of having another form.
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Wouldn't it's original forme be weaker though considering how Plasma was suppose to have made it stronger?
I do think that Genocect might get a new forme, being a weapon and all.
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Keldeo Form?
With special thanks to our good friend Gin, we have learned that a bit of merchandise has listed Keldeo as being in its "Usual Forme". This indicates that Keldeo is to receive a new form within Black 2 & White 2. This factors in with hints from CoroCoro about Keldeo being engulfed in light during battle in the movie and its special power being revealed next month. We'll show information on if it will have a form when CoroCoro arrives in a few days

Could be a new Keledo forme or could just be a rumor.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Community Supporter

Well I've been expecting a new Keldeo forme for sometime. Keldeo seems quite young so it's possible that it will have a older forme that closely resembles the other members. I think it's true and not simply a rumor.
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Right now that seems like a huge stretch to take. It looks like he said she said since even serebii is getting it second hand. His friend may have credit, but there can still be an error in translation. So its still just a rumor.
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Seems that it has been confirmed, according to Serebii, that Keldeo will have an alternate forme, also known as its Resolution Forme. No pictures have been revealed yet, but until then, anyone have an idea on what it might look like?
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
Seems that it has been confirmed, according to Serebii, that Keldeo will have an alternate forme, also known as its Resolution Forme. No pictures have been revealed yet, but until then, anyone have an idea on what it might look like?
I heard about this... let's hope it looks good.

My bet is that Keldeo will look pegasus-like with this new forme...
Old June 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Forever
let it go

Seriouslyyy? Ugh. It was nice when it was just "maybe" but now partially confirmed? I like Keldeo as it is tyvm. And we all know that if Keldeo gets a different forme then maybe Terrakion/Cobalion/Virizion will, since they're in the intro screen. I don't want them to turn out like Thundurus tyvm. Better not be ugly. :(
Old June 9th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
"Following yesterday's reveal of Keldeo's form, people at 2ch discovered a post on Shokotan's, the presenter of Pokémon Smash, blog detailing her astonishment at Keldeo's Resolution Forme (かくごのすがた). There are still currently no pictures but CoroCoro is due on Friday and could leak any time before them so keep checking back for confirmation of this name's authenticity and more"

I hope this isn't true, Keledo is fine as it is.. I'm only just warming to the Kami Trio new formes. I can't really imagine how they could change Keledo for the better?

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old June 9th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So. How long before they give Pikachu, Koffing and Wurmple alternate forms too?

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
So. How long before they give Pikachu, Koffing and Wurmple alternate forms too?
Don't forget Magikarp's God Forme.

I'm kind of excited to see new formes; I just hope they won't be a part of some Japan-exclusive event.
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:01 AM
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Pokemon getting so many new formes... maybe Reshiram, Zekrom, and the 3 Musketeers will be next. Or maybe they can surprise us and give us a new Castform forme!
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
"Following yesterday's reveal of Keldeo's form, people at 2ch discovered a post on Shokotan's, the presenter of Pokémon Smash, blog detailing her astonishment at Keldeo's Resolution Forme (かくごのすがた). There are still currently no pictures but CoroCoro is due on Friday and could leak any time before them so keep checking back for confirmation of this name's authenticity and more"

I hope this isn't true, Keledo is fine as it is.. I'm only just warming to the Kami Trio new formes. I can't really imagine how they could change Keledo for the better?
Pokejungle now has the rumor posted, but is continuing to treat it like a rumor. I would urge everyone to think of it as such as well because...well remember the last coro coro when they said there was a new Professor? We got Burnette and she had nothing to do with the games. She wasn't even the one the rumor was about. Still, it hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

Pokejungle also says the two forms are called "Training Form", What Keldeo usually looks like, and "Valiant Form" his new form. We have two different translations for names which isn't that uncommon in rumors between Serebii and Pokejungle but since there isn't anything concrete I'm still gunna run this off as a rumor until Coro Coro comes out.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Treating it as a rumor, I'm really hoping this "new Keldeo form" is proven false. While I think they can pull off a pretty cool design with it, given what we got with the Kami Trio, I'm just not as hopeful about it.

Quite frankly, GameFreak is beginning to push the limits a bit with the number of new forms they are introducing this generation and I really wish they wouldn't.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Dr.Kotov
& the symptoms.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dr.Kotov
Can't do worse than the original Keldeo, so I'm actually in favour of seeing it 'grow up', or something to that effect. So that it at least rivals the one's it's supposed to succeed. Perhaps they meant it to look as if it hadn't matured.
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I'm actually excited to see this. Yes, the amount of new forms they're revealing is a little ridiculous, but it's Pokemon, they have always been ridiculous. Quite frankly I think it'll even give Keldeo a boost of power, especially since he is supposed to surpass his masters. That, and I really don't think the others will have a new form. I mean, why would they? What would they get? An old age form? They have a story as the rescuers of Pokemon, Keldeo has a story much more involved than that, so it only makes sense that he would get a form. Hopefully, with a decent power boost.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:08 AM
ANinyMouse

With the current method of how they make Pokemon games, though, adding new forms is the ONLY way to add in "new" Pokemon to future games in the same generation. They can't add them in from the start because everyone knows ALL the Pokemon contained in the game after the first few days the game is out, and then it spreads all over the internet from there. I mean, we knew about Arceus a couple years before it was officially revealed as a Pokemon, if I remember correctly.

So, they're trying to market a sequel to BW. It's going to have a very similar world to explore, it's going to have all the same Pokemon (more or less), and they added 150 of the same old Pokemon to spice it up a bit. In order to generate desire and hype for the new game, new Pokemon aren't just a perk, they're required. Even HGSS had the spikey Pichu.

The only frustrating thing is that some forms are only available during events. Heck, they even want you to spend $3 on the AR Searcher game to get the Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus forms (which only works with the shiny, new, expensive 3DS).
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Pokejungle also says the two forms are called "Training Form", What Keldeo usually looks like, and "Valiant Form" his new form. We have two different translations for names which isn't that uncommon in rumors between Serebii and Pokejungle but since there isn't anything concrete I'm still gunna run this off as a rumor until Coro Coro comes out.
Huh...Training Form. Does this have something to do with those guys in Challenger's Cave who say that there was a legendary there training another legendary?
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Huh...Training Form. Does this have something to do with those guys in Challenger's Cave who say that there was a legendary there training another legendary?
Yeah, it was pratically implied that it was Corbalion teaching Keldeo in that cave.
Hmm...remember how they told us to play with the Keldeo we get from the event? Well my guess is that it might have something to do with activating it's new forme...
Since the Poke smash person mentioned it in her blog it might appear in Pokesmash soon... also remember last time her tougue slipped she told us Zekrom was part electric...
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Quite frankly, GameFreak is beginning to push the limits a bit with the number of new forms they are introducing this generation and I really wish they wouldn't.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Kyurem, Kami Trio, Keldeo, plus a lot of other features... it just seems like a lot of extras. If they can pull it off in game then I wouldn't mind. But it's possible that they just stuck them in randomly jsut to say "Look kids, Keldeo has a new form! Oh, buy our game, you can only use it here!" :/
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:24 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

I guess it's official now. Serebii has now posted an image containing its new forme, however we can only see its head. But it seems that it has only minor changes, such as a longer mane and a more defined blue horn.
To be honest, I'm not too thrilled about it either, I kind of stopped getting psyched for new formes since the Kami trio.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:24 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I don't see the problem with new forms, I mean it's not like you're forced to use em (cept for Kyurems, they seem permanent, sorta justified, being the cover legendary n all).
Plus it adds just that little bit of extra variety.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

It's awesome Keldeo will get new form. It looks like those three things on new Keldeo's mane represent three other Musketeers. Does it mean they will be involved in new form activation?
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:24 AM
L.R.
▒▒▒▒▒

I think the additions of new formes are unnecessary features to boost the interest in the games. The new formes also tend to overshadow the regular formes. I expect Keldeo's "old" forme to be less powerful than the new one, making it significantly less useful. I would prefer them to make the Resolution Forme a bit more different in comparison to the regular one, not just stronger and with slight design changes.
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Trask3000
~Blank Points~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trask3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

Do note that there are less forms introduced in Black 2 & White 2 than there were in Platinum. They're just spread across more Pokémon

Platinum (7)
Fan Rotom
Frost Rotom
Heat Rotom
Mow Rotom
Wash Rotom
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin Sky Forme

Black2/White2 (6)
Tornadus Sacred Beast Forme
Thundurus Sacred Beast Forme
Landorus Sacred Beast Forme