The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 22nd, 2012 (08:55 AM).
Aénex
Instinct

Nature: Relaxed
It seems that everyone has been discussing, but I have yet to reply to this. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
Read all the comments and im working on a new professor sprite and as for meleny that is not may don't you people read pokemon adventures. As for the boulders that has been fixed. As for Kim and Jay kim is okay jay is getting a new overworld sprite. Also as for team i worked on this for 6 months + and don't need help at all. As for everyone else who has things to say don't unless its to tell me how good im doing i had 7 people test this and my main tester said i did everything okay. And ???? is not your main rival and that building is yet to be completed and tile errors will be fixed forgot to when i upgraded to new version of starter kit. And as for my starters i picked the 3 i wanted anybody got a problem then i will no longer update this page and finish this on my own.
Sorry but rudeness won't help you create a game. Sure, I don't read Pokémon Adventures, but I know for a fact that 'Meleny' is character that has already been used. Are you JUST giving Jay a new overworld sprite, because their sprites need to be changed, not just overworlds. Just because you've been working on this for six months doesn't you 'don't need help at all'. Brian Cox doesn't do his programmes all by himself, or he'd get lost near the start of the process. Never turn down help, that's what can make your game even better. Other people have the right to say what they want, and just because you've had 7 testers, the main one saying your game was 'ok' doesn't mean you have nothing to worry. That's 7 people opposed to hundreds or thousands that are wanting to see a really good game. Also yes, I do have a problem with the starters you've chosen. I won't have a problem if you have chosen those starters logically and looked over that decision, but if not, I advise you go do that now.

I'm not trying to be rude to you, no one was, but if you're going to turn our advice down, then maybe that's the road you've decided you want us to guide you down.

Old February 22nd, 2012 (06:18 PM).
nniwllehctim
Perfectionist (Spelling?) xD

Nature: Serious
Yeah. If ou dont mind spending a bit of time you can recolour the tileset to HGSS pallete. I might help later if i have free time, wot be too hard.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (09:47 AM).
Nickalooose
--------------------

How is there 2 versions of this? Whats the differences?

I have some poorly designed graphis in my game too... Reassurance that you are willing to listen and you will get better...

I'm with everyone else, try not to use original characters as your mains, with different names, try to create your own, or even get help, some people are willing tho whip up a quick character and throw it your way, IF, they see this game as promising... Using a LASS however as a story lined character should be avoided...

The thing about custom regions is, it is not a redesign of anything, it's completely new;

Pokémon
Main characters
Starters
Gym Leaders
Town/city, names
Professors.

Try and keep it unique...

Take a second and look at your map when you've created it, it's unlikely this or these, games will ever get finished when you're redoing everything you've already done, map errors are horrible and bad mapping is worse than that, there is nothing worse that a building you've got to use a bicycle to explore, make the maps smaller...

The list of problems could probably go on and on and on, but, take all this critism and turn into making your game better, this is your first project, why ttry and make 2 games when you're failing at lot's of other things... This will not be completed for a while yet, take your time... I can't imgaine how much all the bad reports have made you feel... It's only help in the long run...

Nevertheless, someone did say make the game how you want it, do that, I believe a poorly designed game, with a good story, plot and eventing, makes the bad graphically designed part irrelevant... Some prefer graphics, you can't please everybody!
Old February 23rd, 2012 (11:41 AM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Nature: Quiet
Look at the description and i will admit i may need help but who has the time to help me b/c i need to know i have people i can count on to meet deadlines and such?

Old February 23rd, 2012 (04:07 PM).
nniwllehctim

I can give you a heart gold tileset.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (08:13 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

that would work but dose it have the tiles im using in sanyare and indigo?

Old February 23rd, 2012 (08:44 PM).
nniwllehctim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
that would work but dose it have the tiles im using in sanyare and indigo?
You may have to look into that some more, I have one for indoors, one for out doors. I'm busy ATM so I'll give you it tomorrow probably. I'm Pacific Standard Time (West Coast U.S.)
Old February 24th, 2012 (06:42 AM). Edited February 25th, 2012 by mewlover22.
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

okay i can wait for it i may add the two buildings that im using a trainer hall and battle center and the contest hall.

Old March 4th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

nniwllehctim Do you have the tile set ready also i made a new player i'd like you all to check out keep in mind she has no sprites those are needed for her to be done.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...76#post7072676

Old March 15th, 2012 (12:07 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

With help from Limanya i would like to show my new female player.

How dose she look?

Old May 11th, 2012 (01:56 AM).
wertyu863
Beginning Trainer

Interesting choice to use Chikorita as a starter.... Personally, I like Chikorita, but it's also one of the least popular starters in the franchise.
Old June 10th, 2012 (02:10 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Been working on this a bit more i need help im looking for someone to make sprites and a scripter if needed not sure i want to add any yet. May need a mapper and a few other people pm if you want to help as i want sun and moon to improve and i now relize i can't do this alone so im asking for help and yes we can upgrade to hg/ss as long as i can still use a few things from 3rd gen of Pokemon any way hope to get some responses soon and yes i have new heroes they just need sprites so for now they will stay as is.

Old June 22nd, 2012 (10:18 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Since you guys wanted custom players i got a buddy of mine to make some tell me which color scheme you like.

or

Your input is important to me.

Old June 27th, 2012 (06:24 PM). Edited June 27th, 2012 by DarkDoom3000.
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Definetly the top ones, shading is a lot better.

the guy looks weird though. his eyes are weirdly positioned, the left side eye should be raised a bit, imo.
Old July 1st, 2012 (05:44 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

thanks i will use the top set anybody good at making sprites i need both a bike and running sprite as well as a fishing sprite i already have the walking sprite.

Old February 17th, 2013 (11:38 AM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Not sure if i will get into trouble for this but im getting back in to working on this.

Old February 17th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Hmmm, I think if you get back on this project, your suppose to make a new thread, but I'm glad this is back and I hope this gets completed.
Old February 17th, 2013 (01:05 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

It will if i get help i have been making this by myself for a while.

Old July 29th, 2013 (04:05 AM). Edited July 29th, 2013 by deathvocals.
deathvocals

What's the differences between the two versions?
Also, where can I download it? Or, maybe, when will the game be downloadable?
You should make some support banners as well

Old July 29th, 2013 (08:30 AM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Well i had both for download a while ago but im working on revamping the game right now the difference between the two is storyline the evil teams and the legendary pokemon in each game.

Old August 3rd, 2013 (09:54 AM).
jaylovesash

Hey just wanted to say that these 2 games look like they could be pretty damn good once youve finished revamping etc. I'd be very interested in giving them a shot.

Hope you carry on with this project
Old August 3rd, 2013 (02:28 PM).
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

I will just need better graphics than 3rd gen

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links